switched to the latest AAF and find that the 3rd person camera speed is lethargic. Is there a way to speed this up? scenes are over sometimes before I get to where they are.

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured it out.

10 minutes ago, Olmech said:

switched to the latest AAF and find that the 3rd person camera speed is lethargic. Is there a way to speed this up? scenes are over sometimes before I get to where they are.

edit the  AAF ini file until you're happy

fly_cam_rotation_speed            = 1.5        ; How fast the camera rotates when in fly-cam mode.
fly_cam_movement_speed            = 1.5        ; How fast the camera moves when in fly-cam mode.

Got the latest update from Nexusmods. Don't know if there's a difference to the version here, but..

With the new version my character disappears during sex scenes. The npc is visible and does the animations, but my character isn't there. AAF says both actors are present.

Doesn't matter what mod is used to initiate the animations.

Rolled back to previous AAF version and my character is again visible and the animations all work.

4 minutes ago, NiceLimes said:

Having a problem where everyone gets into scene positions, but no animations play. everyone is just stuck in Idle and I don't know how to fix it

Thing's to check:

0. dose AAF report any error's in Admin window?

1. Mods are enabled.

2. FSE installed and updated.

3. Animation's are installed.

4. check AAF installed correctly ( visit and join AAF discord https://discord.gg/cP8Fq9z.  and download GFV.exe tool and run it after reading instructions.).

5. open AAF in Debug Mode.

6 check your install with this one :

6 hours ago, mashup47 said:

Thing's to check:

0. dose AAF report any error's in Admin window?

1. Mods are enabled.

2. FSE installed and updated.

3. Animation's are installed.

4. check AAF installed correctly ( visit and join AAF discord https://discord.gg/cP8Fq9z.  and download GFV.exe tool and run it after reading instructions.).

5. open AAF in Debug Mode.

6 check your install with this one :

Thank you for the help!

18 minutes ago, LonerEmperor said:

Should I see this in MCM? Because I don't.

There are two way's to start a AAF Scene either by using a mod like Sex Em Up, Violate, Hardship, ect  or using the Home Key to open up the AAF Menu.

There are no option's for AAF in the MCM. The only option's in the MCM will be for Any mod's that use AAF Not AAF itself.

12 hours ago, mashup47 said:
12 hours ago, LonerEmperor said:

Should I see this in MCM? Because I don't.

There are two way's to start a AAF Scene either by using a mod like Sex Em Up, Violate, Hardship, ect  or using the Home Key to open up the AAF Menu.

There are no option's for AAF in the MCM. The only option's in the MCM will be for Any mod's that use AAF Not AAF itself.

And if you want to configure it, some things can be set at install time in its FOMOD menu, or edit Data\AAF\AAF_settings.ini and possibly some of the default XML files the mod includes (for things like race data, equipment sets, et cetera).

35 minutes ago, Carabosse said:

Has any one else had an issue where sometimes, very rarely, when the player goes through a load door. They load in at the co-ordinates of the last AAF triggered animation, all of their gear is unequipped and they are wearing a standard vault suit?

I remember this kinda thing happened in RSE CSA I think if you teleported out of a csa event before it ended say to Boston and walked around a bit, Mean while your doing that your clone got raped and what not. You then get teleported back from Boston stripped naked and no items. But that was some time ago and I thought he fixed it or something.

When you say last triggered AAF scene what mod triggered that scene/event to happen as it may not of cleaned/ended the scene properly and left something behind. How close do these event's happen? is it straight after a Mod triggered event or hours later or even last saved game. Mite even be nice to see the log. to see what was happening.

12 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

I remember this kinda thing happened in RSE CSA I think if you teleported out of a csa event before it ended say to Boston and walked around a bit, Mean while your doing that your clone got raped and what not. You then get teleported back from Boston stripped naked and no items. But that was some time ago and I thought he fixed it or something.

When you say last triggered AAF scene what mod triggered that scene/event to happen as it may not of cleaned/ended the scene properly and left something behind. How close do these event's happen? is it straight after a Mod triggered event or hours later or even last saved game. Mite even be nice to see the log. to see what was happening.

I've never used RSE or any of the versions, patches, none of that.

But there is some thing I added to my own mod (Zodiac) as a kind of test. Separately to this, I had noticed that if you call an actor via AAF to animate at a specific spot and they were not 3dloaded it could lead to an infinite black loading screen. At least that seemed to be the cause of that specific problem. So simple enough, I added a check to make sure the called actors were within a given distance of the object they were meant to animate at. I think the previously mentioned AAF issue has only occurred after that. Like I said it's not common, not easy to test.

* and if they were not within an allowed range, I would moveto them prior to calling AAF. And no, I do not do a moveto on the player. Learned that lesson long ago.

1 hour ago, Carabosse said:

Has any one else had an issue where sometimes, very rarely, when the player goes through a load door. They load in at the co-ordinates of the last AAF triggered animation, all of their gear is unequipped and they are wearing a standard vault suit?

Not exactly that but, I have clothes (blue coat from dead paperboy) that don't get removed 1/8 of the time. It misses re equipping so many power armor items I just get out of PA now before starting a sex scene. Seems AAF dress and redress can't recall all of the biped slots yet. Since there is no way to faithfully reproduce it I wait in hopes that a new version may catch it during development alpha. There are also a few named weapons that refuse to re equipped.

I've noticed with 139b that actors often blink off to their position they were at when an animation started, like dogmeat jumps at animation stage changes.

12 minutes ago, murf said:

Not exactly that but, I have clothes (blue coat from dead paperboy) that don't get removed 1/8 of the time. It misses re equipping so many power armor items I just get out of PA now before starting a sex scene. Seems AAF dress and redress can't recall all of the biped slots yet. Since there is no way to faithfully reproduce it I wait in hopes that a new version may catch it during development alpha. There are also a few named weapons that refuse to re equipped.

I've noticed with 139b that actors often blink off to their position they were at when an animation started, like dogmeat jumps at animation stage changes.

In my mod I handle stripping and re-equipping separate to AAF. Not because I have issue with how AAF does it but there are some specific features that my mod does and I've no appetite to bug the AAF author to include them. It works most of the time and by that I mean probably 99% plus. But then I probably tend to use the same outfits mostly during testing. I have found some specific outfits get re-equipped properly but do not show their 3d until they are manually unequipped and then re-equipped. I know it happens but it happens so rarely that its never been high enough on the fix it list. I really do wish I knew why it happens though.

I think the non human glitching between animations is due to how transitions between their animations are handled differently to humans. Which is a Fallout limitation not an AAF bug.

5 hours ago, Carabosse said:

I think the non human glitching between animations is due to how transitions between their animations are handled differently to humans. Which is a Fallout limitation not an AAF bug.

Yes dogmeat has always blinked and afaik deathcclaw animations can be only 60 seconds max. I don't recall noticing humans blinking until this 139b version though. I was wondering if the version had something to do with both of the "features" we are noticing.

20 hours ago, Carabosse said:

Hm. I have not seen that one happen before.

Maybe something was triggered to happen there by a mod but you started leaving a cell right at the same moment?

On 8/4/2020 at 11:09 PM, dagobaking said:

Hm. I have not seen that one happen before.

Maybe something was triggered to happen there by a mod but you started leaving a cell right at the same moment?

It's the specificity of co-ordinates that makes me raise an eyebrow. It may have happened 2 or 3 times over a huge amount of testing, so not close to being a significant problem, And when it did happen, annoying it might be, but it was easily recoverable from without resorting to console commands of whatever. You just re-equip your normal gear (which is still in your inventory), thank Atom for the free vault suit and head back to where you were originally meant to be.

Hi dagobaking,

I am creating a scene where the player is in an AAF scene, and at the same time some npc are talking nearby. However, for some reason the subtitles are missing. If I disable the AAF animation, it works fine. 

I was wondering if you have any idea how to fix this.

Some more details: The scene is progressing, the npc mouth is even moving, only the subtitles aren't displayed.

Thanks!

On 7/19/2020 at 6:26 PM, mashup47 said:

If you can't solve your issue by doing the step's above post back (discord or here) with all the information you gathered from doing them as this will help others in solving it for you.

Ok, my female NPC is preggers. Her doppleganger is not. Very annoying........In fact, some females are showing up anemic even.

:hushed:

7 hours ago, VonHelton said:

Ok, my female NPC is preggers. Her doppleganger is not. Very annoying........In fact, some females are showing up anemic even.

:hushed:

hmm. strange as the dopple-ganger should be a perfect copy of the player (excluding Clothes).  

Question's I would be asking myself would be:

1. is the player/NPC given Anything for the sex scene eg a plug/clothing that is not built properly (morphs enabled) or is this in All scenes?

2. If using Fusion Girl is the looksMenu slider's for Fusion Grl installed?

3. Are you using unique player? double check it's setup right with the right tri file's copied into the right place.?