14 hours ago, Magenta147 said:

Using AAF Beta 139 anyone have issues with the redressing? Most of the time my character doesn't redress or not re-equipping  after AAF animation.

yes, a  few of us have reported here how 139b misses weapons and clothes on redress. @dagobaking says he is looking at it but as yet has not released any newer version fixing this issue at the time of this post. AAF is up to Beta 142 created on 2020-7-20 but not accessible by non beta testers.

10 minutes ago, murf said:

yes, a  few of us have reported here how 139b misses weapons and clothes on redress. @dagobaking says he is looking at it but as yet has not released any newer version fixing this issue at the time of this post. AAF is up to Beta 142 created on 2020-7-20 but not accessible by non beta testers.

Oh, thank god, I thought I f up something. Really Appreciate it for the info! :)

On 8/11/2020 at 8:37 AM, Magenta147 said:

Using AAF Beta 139 anyone have issues with the redressing? Most of the time my character doesn't redress or not re-equipping  after AAF animation.

Actually, AAF Beta 139b is only going to 30%.......This is a bug AAF had awhile back.

:expressionless:

53 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

Actually, AAF Beta 139b is only going to 30%.......This is a bug AAF had awhile back.

Is 139b out yet? If it is, does every AAF automatically update? I'm asking because I had this issue before and I seriously don't want to go over that again...

53 minutes ago, roten_man said:

Is 139b out yet? If it is, does every AAF automatically update? I'm asking because I had this issue before and I seriously don't want to go over that again...

Yes, this old bug is back. Not sure why, though. The last AAF I have is like 114.......That's hella old in computer time. Anyone got a version that's newer?

On 7/24/2020 at 1:55 PM, Eraston said:

Very strange...
First it has worked with some mods using AAF.
Then something is broken, but I have installed only clothes and weapon mods.

Correct. It worked just fine until after Concorde, then it went tits up for some reason. Not sure why.

2 hours ago, VonHelton said:

That's like saying the reason your toaster doesn't make toast when you push down the lever must be for the same reason your previous toaster didn't make toast, even though you're not a toaster repairman and aren't quite sure how toasters work.

On 6/17/2020 at 6:21 PM, dragmazta said:

I just updated to 133 from 108 and now it's broke at 30%. Been trying to work around it with the patches but nothing's been working. Unfortunately I accidentally deleted my old version so if anyone has a rollback I'd appreciate the help.

Edit: Just rolled back to 107.1 via nexus. Still broken. Must have messed around too much trying to fix the thing.

Edit 2: Got it to work to 80%. Now the issue is that I don't have a compatible version of F4SE. Unfortunately the F4SE version that works with 107.1 does not work with the latest version of Fallout 4 so I gotta get 108 again somehow or I'm SOL. Alternatively, I can run the gauntlet again and try to make 133 work but I think I've racked my head over this too much for one week. Time to actually play a game.

Sheesh, the shit I do to jack off after work.

I have 108 & 110.......Tell me which one you need.

:thumbsup:

On 8/9/2020 at 12:50 AM, OlafOlafOlaf2 said:

Hi dagobaking,

I am creating a scene where the player is in an AAF scene, and at the same time some npc are talking nearby. However, for some reason the subtitles are missing. If I disable the AAF animation, it works fine. 

I was wondering if you have any idea how to fix this.

Some more details: The scene is progressing, the npc mouth is even moving, only the subtitles aren't displayed.

Thanks!

It could be because the player is put into 3rd person mode so that you can see yourself and use the flycam during animation. The game engine may turn off subtitles in that mode. If so, there may not be a workaround. Perhaps some setting in the vanilla game options?

5 hours ago, dagobaking said:

It could be because the player is put into 3rd person mode so that you can see yourself and use the flycam during animation. The game engine may turn off subtitles in that mode. If so, there may not be a workaround. Perhaps some setting in the vanilla game options?

How do you use the flycam in AAF, actually? In the ini file I found two lines referencing it, but only for configuration stuff. I can't find out how to actually "switch it on". Whenever an animation starts for me it only switches into 3rd person mode, but then I have to manually zoom out the camera and it neither rotates or does anything else on it's own. Am using the newest version of AAF.

26 minutes ago, Starfire12 said:

How do you use the flycam in AAF, actually? In the ini file I found two lines referencing it, but only for configuration stuff. I can't find out how to actually "switch it on". Whenever an animation starts for me it only switches into 3rd person mode, but then I have to manually zoom out the camera and it neither rotates or does anything else on it's own. Am using the newest version of AAF.

There is no manual activation.  AAF activates the flycam automatically when an animation starts that involves the player.  What you are describing happens when the F4SE plugin that AAF uses to activate the freecam (and a number of other important features) is not loaded.  Are you using the latest version of Fallout 4 and F4SE?

17 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

There is no manual activation.  AAF activates the flycam automatically when an animation starts that involves the player.  What you are describing happens when the F4SE plugin that AAF uses to activate the freecam (and a number of other important features) is not loaded.  Are you using the latest version of Fallout 4 and F4SE?

Serously?! I didn't even know there was supposed to be a flycam until I checked out the AAF ini file and saw it referenced there. And then I assumed it was some legacy thing that was patched out later.

I am using the Steam version of FO4, which I installed about a week ago and then DLed the F4SE from their website, so I'm pretty sure they are both up to date. Also the SE version number shows up in the FO4 setting menu. The achievement enabler (which also requires F4SE) works and even AAF itself seem to work fine otherwise as far as I can tell. So it must be something else IMHO.

Unless you misunderstand me or more precisely I misunderstood everything I read about the flycam so far. I AM able to fly the camera around manually once the animation starts, it's just the way people keep on talking about it here and on other threads seemed to imply it was supposed to zoom out and rotate around the scene on it'd own upon activation. That it doesn't. I have to use the keyboard to move it manually.

Now I feel stupid. Just clear it up for me, please.

36 minutes ago, Starfire12 said:

I AM able to fly the camera around manually once the animation starts, it's just the way people keep on talking about it here and on other threads seemed to imply it was supposed to zoom out and rotate around the scene on it'd own upon activation. That it doesn't. I have to use the keyboard to move it manually.

That is how it is supposed to behave.  When you said "I have to manually zoom out the camera and it neither rotates or does anything else on it's own" I thought you meant it was stuck and not able to move or rotate, which is what would happen if the plugin wasn't loading.

So no, your setup is working as intended.  The camera doesn't do anything on its own during animations.  You have to move it yourself.  The settings in the AAF ini file are to let you set how fast the camera moves in response to your inputs - lower values give you more precise control.

57 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

That is how it is supposed to behave.  When you said "I have to manually zoom out the camera and it neither rotates or does anything else on it's own" I thought you meant it was stuck and not able to move or rotate, which is what would happen if the plugin wasn't loading.

So no, your setup is working as intended.  The camera doesn't do anything on its own during animations.  You have to move it yourself.  The settings in the AAF ini file are to let you set how fast the camera moves in response to your inputs - lower values give you more precise control.

Thanks for clearing that up! Me overthinking things again.

In that case I have two slightly related questions:

1. How DO you manually rotate the camera? I can move it with the WSAD keys, but none I try seem to rotate it.

2. Unless I misunderstood something again, there is a way to move the actors sideways during an ongoing scene so that you don't have to watch them while they are halfway in furniture. I can't seem to find the keys for that either.

11 hours ago, murf said:

1...move the mouse or whatever u use to look

2...listed in the ini file cant remember em all but its the number keys on the right

1. I was hoping there was a way to rotate the camera around the actors instead of just pointing the camera in different directions.

2. Doesn't seem to work for me. Tried both with and without numlock on.

19 hours ago, Starfire12 said:

1. I was hoping there was a way to rotate the camera around the actors instead of just pointing the camera in different directions.

2. Doesn't seem to work for me. Tried both with and without numlock on.

1. There is not a way to do this. As far as I know there is not a way to control the camera position once in flycam mode. So, this is not feasible.

2. Could be a keyboard issue. You can use the ini to re-assign the movement keys to something else on your keyboard.

Hi all,

first thank you to everyone who has/is/will work on AAF.

I used AAF in Fallout 4 a couple of years ago, scrubbed everything, and I've recently started FO4 back up again, via Mod Organizer. Clean and up to date installs. Everything seems to work generally until a Position Tree dialogue comes up in some situations started by a mod. The arrows keys, which I believe I'm supposed to use have no effect. I'm stuck in the initial animation and unable to progress to one of the next options.

• WASD keys affect the camera potion.
  • X causes the camera to start zooming.
  • F9 causes the quick load
  • Opening the AAF scene widget via [Home] doesn't seem to reveal anything other than neither I or the actor I'm with are available.
  • The arrow keys work perfectly fine in the AAF scene widget if I open it at the same time or another time

I checked the aaf_settings.ini file and its the default one with the four arrow_key binds mapped where they supposed to (values 37-40). I even hard-copied the file into the actual Fallout 4/Data/ AAF folder but still no joy.

Update: I changed those default keys to F1-F4. Those key names appeared in the Position Tree dialog but pressing them still had no effect. It appears that whatever the binding AAF isn't detecting the keypress for the Position Tree widget.

Any suggestions on whether something could interfere with those bindings for Position Tree, or if I can test that AAF is receiving those key presses? Are there any known mods that interfere with it?

Thank you for your time.

18 hours ago, jg8ts said:

Everything seems to work generally until a Position Tree dialogue comes up in some situations started by a mod. The arrows keys, which I believe I'm supposed to use have no effect. I'm stuck in the initial animation and unable to progress to one of the next options.
[...]

Any suggestions on whether something could interfere with those bindings for Position Tree, or if I can test that AAF is receiving those key presses? Are there any known mods that interfere with it?

I expect some mods which trigger animations also disable input besides camera movement, so it could certainly be that. Have you tried starting one of them from the AAF wizard instead to compare behavior?

You can also delete the positiontree animations but that can entail some delicate XML surgery you may or may not be up for. I agree it would be nice if mods calling random animations could either skip those or advance through some subset of the tree on autopilot.