Site questions, comments, and suggestions

24 minutes ago, anghelos92 said:

Well i think since i made a mod investing lots of hours into it and then some random dude go into support topic complaining about the mod's requirements he not only ruin my day and convince me to not share my mods with other people but also he counfound other peoples that want to use the SUPPORT topic for... Support. 

You should make mods for yourself... FIRST... then release those. If you can easily do something that makes others happy, great. if not ... forget about it. Getting upset by some random dude.. shouldn't happen. Focus on the positive. If someone can't, then they shouldn't release any mods or other resources (guides, tutorials, scripts, tools or other things)

As for others being confounded when they wanted support.. they should ignore that person. Let the moderators/admin take care of the situation and be done with it.

3 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I am not a mod maker. However, I am supportive of their concerns, as I know CPU and the other moderators are. That is why Rule 1 is the first rule. For some time now I have thought that it might be useful to add a third button to mods. One to download, one for support and then a third for comments and suggestions. Mod authors who choose to do so could completely ignore the comments and suggestions "topic" should they so decide to do so, while still being able to help those people who legitimately want help with the mod.

Before you tell me that people would just ignore that button and post wherever they like let me say there will be rule breakers certainly. However, rules are not meant for persistent rule-breakers. Those people have to be dealt with in some other way. Rules are for people who genuinely value the mods and the community that they find here on LoversLab. Even now, even today, there are people who have posted in the wrong place on the Skyrim Support Threads. I try my best to educate them and I have yet to have one "tell me off." Most are apologetic for not knowing the proper approach and post in the location to which I've pointed them. I think a Comments button would have some of the same issues - that doesn't mean that we should shut down the Technical Support Threads any more than we should ignore this suggestion out of hand. Yes, there will be a learning curve if a third button is added but I think that, in the long haul, it would be a good thing for the site as a whole. And, as always, I know I could be wrong but I do believe that this is something that should be considered, even if it is not adopted.

That's a nice suggestion, i want to point that my suggestion for more modder power is not to be tyrannical, I value the openess of this community this is the reason as i published mods only here and not in nexusmods but i think also that communities need rules and last time i checked ashal said that modders are not to be complained about the dependencies they put in their mod. A rule is not a rule if it cannot be enforced, i don't want to abuse the report button, because trust me i would need to use it every day but at least i would more control to sort out the support topic for my mod...this is in the interest of the community in the first place, if i would simply protect my mental sanity against those dudes i would simply not frequent the support topic anymore and nobody would receive help! 

32 minutes ago, anghelos92 said:

Well i think since i made a mod investing lots of hours into it and then some random dude go into support topic complaining about the mod's requirements he not only ruin my day and convince me to not share my mods with other people but also he counfound other peoples that want to use the SUPPORT topic for... Support. 

I can understand you, there will always and everywhere be troublemakers, people who complain about everything and everyone.
myself lets something like that cold and as CPU already said, it goes too far, a click on the report button.
I also had to experience painful what happens then. :classic_wink:

Taking time out from Cisco configurations (soooo much fun, anyone have a lion with a sore tooth?), anyways, I am thinking of asking this here, to see if anyone has any thoughts on it:

The Download button, rolls a list up, that list has no dates on it, has no "description" on them, and if you cancel the actual download, you have to refresh the whole page (which can mean page reload and more server lag) just to get the Download button back for that file.  It would probably help a lot of confusion I'm seeing where the filenames don't always match the initial information (and it is from what I've seen, varied in a lot of mods).  Just the only issue I really have with the Download window, because one time I got an error saying "Invalid user" for a download, had to restart it, it wouldn't, so I had to refresh and re-click the download once I found the right one again.  If it kept track of when we *last downloaded* it, we'd know we did that already, but re-downloading it should still be accessible in case of a bad download.

GuruSR.

After years of using this forum i called myself an idiot for missing the "follow" option on whole sections like "downloads -Sexlab framework". The thing is, though, after following them i don't get any notifications when a new download is added. Does it work at all? Am i doing it wrong? What could be the point?

I know that my question may sound provocative but I assure you that it is not meant to be so. To wit, has LoversLab's policy regarding piracy changed in any way in the last few months? I ask because people (whom I have promised not to name) have come to me and asked about piracy on this site and specifically whether there was any attempt at genuine enforcement of the rule regarding it. I assured them that the moderators and Ashal take piracy VERY seriously and I am hoping by asking this question to get reassurance for them OR clarification for myself if the policy has changed.

18 minutes ago, Psalam said:

it still looks the same to me:

We may be an adult-oriented community, but don't be stupid, don't post anything blatantly illegal. Meaning no discussion or assistance with illegal content such as piracy, game cracks, models or textures taken from the assets of other games, or any depictions of underage persons with exposed nudity or in a sexual context.

and it is definitely enforced.

Just for info. After the release of DOA6, tons of cracks, hacks, and illegal content was posted on the specific threads.

We had to make not directly active these downloads until approved by the staff.

If you see anything that is clearly piracy, just report it and quickly it will be removed.

If piracy is "he stole my textures from another mod" then we need to investigate.

44 minutes ago, CPU said:

Just for info. After the release of DOA6, tons of cracks, hacks, and illegal content was posted on the specific threads.

If you see anything that is clearly piracy, just report it and quickly it will be removed.

If piracy is "he stole my textures from another mod" then we need to investigate.

Thank you very much. That is exactly the answer I wanted, and expected.

2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

it still looks the same to me:

and it is definitely enforced.

I appreciate your rapid response. Since I know that you have a lot of material at risk it means a great deal coming from you. 

2 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

The same people who say Nexus supports piracy are probably the same people who say LL supports piracy. 

I saved you for last because I think that you have the right of it. As I understand what I have heard I expect the real issue here is that there are people who will use any justification for STEALING someone else's intellectual property. That is no more the fault of this site than the amount of shoplifting a department store has to tolerate. The real solution is what CPU just said - any piracy should be reported so that the moderators can deal with it. While I am happy to be a shoulder on which people can cry, the solution to their issues is through the moderators.

By the way, and off topic, I like that Ashal now shows up in RED BOLD when he is browsing,

1 hour ago, CPU said:

speaking of that: the site is doing that red box thing again where i can see what mods have been deleted.

44 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

speaking of that: the site is doing that red box thing again where i can see what mods have been deleted.

These are hidden, not deleted.

And you see them like that until a new file is approved. (In some sections.)

6 hours ago, Psalam said:

I know that my question may sound provocative but I assure you that it is not meant to be so. To wit, has LoversLab's policy regarding piracy changed in any way in the last few months? I ask because people (whom I have promised not to name) have come to me and asked about piracy on this site and specifically whether there was any attempt at genuine enforcement of the rule regarding it. I assured them that the moderators and Ashal take piracy VERY seriously and I am hoping by asking this question to get reassurance for them OR clarification for myself if the policy has changed.

The only thing that may have changed is our response time.  The DOA threads, as CPU stated, really blew up a month or so ago with all kinds of bad things, to which Ashal wisely restricted uploads, which has helped us get a handle on it.  If you do see someone posting something they should not, feel free to holler.  We can't catch everything.  Help is appreciated.

Question: I have allowed LoversLab for browser notification. (FireFox)

But I've never seen LL pushing any web notification ever. Is it an unused feature, or something is wrong with my browser?

Please do mind that I mean 'browser' notification, not a regular site notification I see when I'm actively viewing the site.

I'm on W7.

I'm having some minor weirdness with emojis since the last upgrade business. Some have disappeard, i.e. no longer available; some are in negative ouline. Some just appear as, say, colon, right bracket in the post but will appear correctly in a quote of that post.

2 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

@Grey Cloud

It's a windows 7/8 thing as microsoft did not update the fonts for Win7 (or ? so new emojis are just black and white.

Thanks for the explanation. My emojis from the emoji icon are alright it is just some of those in other people's posts (as far as the black and white issue).

• Emojis broken - all monochrome again and the colon-code ( :smile: for example) doesn't resolve when post is submitted
  • Avatar images broken again (no avatar appears at all for people with images as their avatars)
  • Big square initial-letter "avatars" (for people who don't use images as avatars) are working but all monochrome

It seems like every UPgrade turns out to be the opposite- can we please DOWNgrade back to where we were prior to the last couple of days?

(imagine that I was able to insert a confused/dismayed emoji here)

33 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

It's a windows 7/8 thing as microsoft did not update the fonts for Win7 (or Win8) so new emojis are just black and white.

Yet everything worked fine here 2 days ago (I'm on Win7x64 SP1 with latest updates) .... hard to believe it all went to sh*t again due to Microgreed's failure to update some fonts... Obviously, the cause is something that changed here on LL that is incompatible with something. If that something is Windows 7 fonts, is it up to Windows to adapt to Lovers Lab (or its forum software provider) or is it incumbent on forum software and other providers to publish software that works on supported versions of Windows? As info, Windows 7 is still in "supported" status for another 8 months or so.

@Vyxenne

My Emojis have looked like this since 04/07/2019 and all of them are like that all the way down to the flags. CPU has also posted in this thread what the cause is.

Spoiler

2019-04-27_1946.png

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/87535-site-questions-comments-and-suggestions/?do=findComment&comment=2573823

Window7 fonts did not have all emojis defined.

Many of them were defined after Win7 had any further upgrade.

13 hours ago, myuhinny said:

@Vyxenne

My Emojis have looked like this since 04/07/2019 and all of them are like that all the way down to the flags. CPU has also posted in this thread what the cause is.

Hide contents

2019-04-27_1946.png

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/87535-site-questions-comments-and-suggestions/?do=findComment&comment=2573823

Window7 fonts did not have all emojis defined.

Many of them were defined after Win7 had any further upgrade.

With respect, I don't see how that's related to windows. Those smiley's worked perfectly before LL's update/server change (the one with the gateway issues), and since then my windows system didn't change in the least (I had Ø OS updates). So maybe the problem appears mainly on W7 (though had it too on a netbook with windows XP recently), but it's probably not related to it. ?