Site questions, comments, and suggestions

NOTICE: The new site is now moved to the original www.loverslab.com URL. The site may be up and down during this transition and there is still some tweaks and setup going on, so you may experience the occasional broken link, visual oddity, and other such errors. 

If you notice anything any particular that's broken or have any suggestions or comments, please post them in the following thread: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/87535-new-site-questions-comments-and-suggestions/

The old site will remain accessible for the next week via the URL http://old.loverslab.com

Got a couple of questions;

1. are the shortcuts for code (the ones that let you make text bold or insert links and spoilers) going to be updated at all? Because I'm missing the image and media options (although for images I do still remember the code for them) because they were useful
  2. How do we add an entry image to a blog entry? It's a feature that I and a lot of others use quite often.

Why it look so.. big? Especially in right column of main page. Also, "latest files" have only  five entries , not 10 (and this suck).

Personally I prefer old more "compact" design.

Also, this blue bar between each post in one thread looks odd. And old design has lines, that separate "user" block (with avatar), and "content" block (with post content). This gave threads a more "stuctured" look.

Bold

Italic

[b]Bold[/b]
	[i]Italic[/i]

To insert an image it is easier to use the button on the bottom-right.

Here you can add an image that you added as an attachment or by using an external URL.

4 minutes ago, Azazellz said:

Why it look so.. big? Especially in right column of main page. Also, "latest files" have only  five entries , not 10 (and this suck).

Personally I prefer old more "compact" design.

Also, this blue bar between each post in one thread looks odd. And old design has lines, that separate "user" block (with avatar), and "content" block (with post content). This gave threads a more "stuctured" look.

Just increased to 10 files.

Be aware that on this new site, you get all the "updated" files, not just the new ones.

About "how big" we are working on alternate CSS files. For example, I am using one that removes all empty space, making everything more compact, and removes the borders on the left and right. (This alternate CSS is not yet published because Ashal is still altering the base CSS.)

The top bar is mandatory now because it contains all the actions (if you own the post.)

54 minutes ago, CPU said:

Hello,

feel free to post here your comments about the new site.

You can also ask questions, in case you have any.

We accept also suggestions and advice about the site, the organization, and the layout (but only Ashal can formally accept them.)

Morning... seems the Fallout 4 forums are blocking replies / new posts, at least for me. I cannot do anything on my posts aside from edit existing posts - is there a block on new content in certain forums at this time?

2 minutes ago, lwflashy said:

Morning... seems the Fallout 4 forums are blocking replied / new posts, at least for me. I cannot do anything on my posts aside from edit existing posts - is there a block on new content in certain forums at this time?

Downloads right now do not allow to add new posts or to edit them.

The problem is known and it will be solved.

1 hour ago, CPU said:

About "how big" we are working on alternate CSS files. For example, I am using one that removes all empty space, making everything more compact, and removes the borders on the left and right. (This alternate CSS is not yet published because Ashal is still altering the base CSS.)

This is good.

1 hour ago, CPU said:

The top bar is mandatory now because it contains all the actions (if you own the post.)

Old design also have this bar (with identical content), but it look smaller and blend with background color.

How about making it look more like the old one?

P.s. no "source code"-option for reply form also make me sad.

1 minute ago, Azazellz said:

Old design also have this bar (with identical content), but it look smaller and blend with background color.

How about making it look more like the old one?

P.s. no "source code"-option for reply form also make me sad.

Also the size of the bar can be changed With CSS it is possible to reduce it.with CSS. I will consider that.

About "source" (e.g. BBCode) that is not possible.With CSS it is possible to reduce it.

1 minute ago, EvalovesEP said:

Need a help. How can I delete the whole spoiler in in my quote/reply? Thanks.

Go over it, on the top-left you will have a small circle. Control-Right click over, and you can remove it.

Just now, TomatoEddie said:

hey, CPU,

thanks for your help, buddy.

one question: how many "thumbs up" can we do?

Right now, the "like and endorse" are not working correctly. And they are not shown on the posts.

But this has low priority for fixing it.

Loving the new design, but the one thing I'm missing the most is the ability to add/remove and rearrange blocks to blogs or profile pages.

I used the category function on my blog very often as it helped organize my posts and made each entry more clear what type of post they were.

Would very much like to have that back.

Liking everything else pretty much.

I think everything is ok and well done.
The practice and time will possibly raise questions - is always so with such changes.
The "Clubs" are a great idea. Does the author / owner have any rights - moderating nature - possibly restricted? Keyword trolls, etc ..

Tags were really needed - good. But there is no proper database indexing for tags, right? Rather a search.
A table with tags for indexing would be good - if only for new records.
This table should be extensible (by the user) - and of course monitored, if necessary, changed.
Would create a lot more structure and clarity.

Otherwise everything is good - good job.:shy:

Edit

PS: Oh I forgot - versioning with date for downloads would be fine.
Main files, Optional and Miscellaneous with a short description.
But only wishes - no complaint. ;)

2 hours ago, CPU said:

Downloads right now do not allow to add new posts or to edit them.

The problem is known and it will be solved.

Is there an ETA on when/if this will be resolved? Not to sound rushed or anything, more a curiosity point for updating mod download page and the attached post...

Just now, Elf Prince said:

Is that the answer to my question?

No, sorry.

About having Google to identify the accounts is something that can be evaluated for sure.

But probably at low priority.

First, we need to make the site working. There are still many items that are not working correctly (for example replying to a Download topic.)