Site questions, comments, and suggestions

5 hours ago, myuhinny said:

@Tirloque

I thought you were talking about the screen being smaller then usual because right below where you said it you had a screen shot of the site page.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/87535-site-questions-comments-and-suggestions/?do=findComment&comment=2573970

Ah, ok, thanks for the clarification.

In fact that wasn't my point. See the three lines of buttons under the menu Home> Blogs (the first one is bright green) :

1425020241_2019-04-07-Blogsspageissue.jpg.29b6a1630f6bafbfca90773803c65893.jpg

Well in fact they're not supposed to be lines, but only buttons. And they're supposed to occupy only a small space on the top right corner. Just like below :

1817622217_0-Blogsbeforebug.jpg.9a5feef683e6ad8f8abd3fbe6d23a77d.jpg

I think they being misplaced and distorted into lines is due to them having shifted places, and to the presence of bullets (the tiny white dots) at their left.

I think it was suggested before (like a month ago, but back then the site had problems), but a remainder...

Any chance to get a Dead or Alive 6 subsection in the Dead Or Alive forum?

There have been nice advances lately, and having a single thread for everything is becoming a mess.

I have a question about the download button from my mod.

I added new tags to the file, but now the download button on the forum post is grey and the title is now also above the now grey button.

Spoiler

1716643254_GreyDownloadButton.JPG.da5cde4aaed961c879a932cb62542481.JPG

How do I fix that?

4 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I have a question about the download button from my mod.

I added new tags to the file, but now the download button on the forum post is grey and the title is now also above the now grey button.

Hide contents

1716643254_GreyDownloadButton.JPG.da5cde4aaed961c879a932cb62542481.JPG

How do I fix that?

That is the default layout of this version of the site.

If an old download gets edited then it will get this layout too.

2 minutes ago, CPU said:

That is the default layout of this version of the site.

If an old download gets edited then it will get this layout too.

So I updated it to the grey buttons by accident and the green buttons are from the old layout?

1 minute ago, wild_guy said:

I really don't like those unnecessary titles above the buttons.

I prefer the previous layout too.

I don't think the title right above the button is needed and the green button was much clearer.

Saturday evenings we have a lot more users.

So a little slow down is expected.

But the site was 100% available today.

Don't tell me that waiting a whole second for the main page is a pain in the butt.

6 hours ago, CPU said:

Saturday evenings we have a lot more users.

So a little slow down is expected.

But the site was 100% available today.

Don't tell me that waiting a whole second for the main page is a pain in the butt.

Speeded up again but it was like 2 minutes here in the uk for a page to load....like you say though probably very busy.

On 4/14/2019 at 3:39 PM, t.ara said:

since about 40 hrs, the page is again going to become more slow....before that time and for some days ago, it has been ideal!

On 4/14/2019 at 4:23 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I also noticed that it has gotten a bit slower. It's not that bad, but I'm concerned that it'll get worse.

It fluctuates with traffic, so expect site's performance to be a bit random. At least, there's no more 12h+ gateway errors, so look at it on the bright side. :classic_wink:

18 minutes ago, Psalam said:

As of about 5-10 minutes ago a number of other people's avatars were replaced by a single letter

:classic_ohmy: Same here. I thougth it was a new feature ... ? ... Introduced while I was logged off and coping with RL

15 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I am not complaining, just reporting. As of about 5-10 minutes ago a number of other people's avatars were replaced by a single letter (the first letter of their on-screen name?). Anyway, I thought you might want to know.

It's intentional. Figured it'd be an improvement as it gives a way to quickly differentiate users posting in a thread by their avatar when they have none.

I've also just added icons to the notifications list that'll show at a glance what kind of notification it is. The "somebody quoted you" notification you probably got for this post just now for example, should have a quote icon because I just quoted you.

5 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

image.png

image.png

image.png First icon is for people and followers.

image.png Second is for posting in threads you follow

image.png Third one is for somebody giving a thumbs up to something you posted

image.png Fourth is just for the staff, something requires an approval

image.png Fifth is when somebody quotes a post of yours

image.png Sixth is the same as the second

image.png Seventh is when somebody starts a new thread in a section you follow