Site questions, comments, and suggestions

12 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

I see your point and understand. I truly do. I have been on the receiving end of some of "those" people/members.

However, I won't make any suggestions on posting or action restrictions on the site. The reason is, I am not the one that has to clean up all the shit that is created by those that want to "watch the world burn" or whatever the most popular meme is today. If the site admin/moderators have to clean up the mess/shit, then they should be the ones to place the limits on the access and post counts of new members. Besides that, there are negative sides to restrictions and the harder and more restrictions placed and/or longer it takes for a new member to fully engage the community.. the more likely they will get frustrated and leave. Potential loss in membership but also possible loss in future mod authors/content being created and / or hosted on this site.

It is a duel edged sword that has to be carefully considered. As much as I would also like these issues to be resolved, I will leave it to the admin/moderators to address for the above reasons.

Paid registration on the site will solve all the problems.

8 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

suspicious account is suspicious:

It is just a spam account (but didn't do any spamming yet) used to increase the number of posts in the DOA section.

9 minutes ago, CPU said:

It is just a spam account (but didn't do any spamming yet) used to increase the number of posts in the DOA section.

....well, that seems silly and pointless (also i think i see some others, so i'll pm you in a bit)

19 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

It's not the forum- it's imgur.com, which blacklists 3rd-party referrals from loverslab.com. Install Referer Control and set a filter on imgur.com as follows:

TO / 3RD PARTY / CUSTOM / TARGET HOST. It will look like this when you do:

RefControlImgurFilter.png.ed4caf5608a93d7dc04e629fa4e2105a.png

This seemed to fix it for me.

I've done this myself, and it works:

referer_control_rules.png.fae8207af5be7a017d399d42c1f3489a.png

Already mentioned this with no response, but i have a little update: something is wrong with the "follow thread" mechanics. Not sure if it's in all of them, but i don't get notifications when a new topic appears in "downloads adult mods". Now i noticed instead i get notifications from "Skyrim technical support" which i didn't follow.

I admit i post there a lot, but only when i'm in the mood. I'd rather want to see new mods, though.^^

*edit: not sure if you changed something, but now i get notifications from downloads. :)

11 hours ago, tоc47011911 said:

Paid registration will also cause a lot of problems as well. Who wants to pay? Who pays Nexus? or for that matter other sites for gaming? Would you pay Bethesda for their access to a site?  People just won't join. People that could potentially be mod authors as well as possible valuable members (support, testing and such)

I do get your point and understand it... Just don't think it will work on such a site. Bottom line, these decisions are up to the Admin/moderators to implement if/when they decide they have to... (have to when the problems exceed the capability of the site/moderators/admin to resolve the issues.) So far, I don't see the need to get more extreme... yet. At least not from my position. Others are entitled to their positions.

Around a year ago the Sysop here was PO'd at some guy who whinged he was paying, but the software never noticed.

Sysop is a busy person (they wrote) and etc.

Now ah, (hmm) 45 days or so ago, when the site was having issues, someone (not saying who) decided to help out, and Patreon was only accepting monthly $3 donations.

That might also have been a temporary glitch (Plus, I'm told, they charged $3.09, not 3, but only the first paymentt?)

The second (the first-timed payment) was transacted uneventfully.

The third (second-timed) payment gets processed today (right now, I think, but I would not know).

I think if I knew, I'd advise the donation person to raise their donation to something more than only $3, but that would be a total guess that might bite me in the butt later.

Maybe they were supposed to inform someone (not sysop).

Well it's more of a question, not a comment or a suggestion, and I never wanted to bring it up anyway,

but you-all broached the subject of subscribers paying, so....

42 minutes ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

Around a year ago the Sysop here was PO'd at some guy who whinged he was paying, but the software never noticed.

Sysop is a busy person (they wrote) and etc.

Now ah, (hmm) 45 days or so ago, when the site was having issues, someone (not saying who) decided to help out, and Patreon was only accepting monthly $3 donations.

That might also have been a temporary glitch (Plus, I'm told, they charged $3.09, not 3, but only the first paymentt?)

The second (the first-timed payment) was transacted uneventfully.

The third (second-timed) payment gets processed today (right now, I think, but I would not know).

I think if I knew, I'd advise the donation person to raise their donation to something more than only $3, but that would be a total guess that might bite me in the butt later.

Maybe they were supposed to inform someone (not sysop).

Well it's more of a question, not a comment or a suggestion, and I never wanted to bring it up anyway,

but you-all broached the subject of subscribers paying, so....

The option to pay should always be available if the site is growing very large like this one. I don't begrudge Nexus or Lovers lab for having that option. It cost lots of money to run a large site.. (besides the loads of work)  Giving a little bit extra (like no advertisement) is a nice thing to offer for those that help contribute. Badges and such as well.

It sucks that alternate forms of payment that would be used (Mentioned above) might cause troubles (as mentioned above) ...

On 4/30/2019 at 4:49 AM, tоc47011911 said:

Nope, but one way to mitigate unnecessary or unwanted traffic is to remove the membership requirement for downloading files.  Add browser cookies to prevent non-members from running adblockers; ads have to be enabled to download.  That way the site still gets ad revenue and people who just want the files (and nothing more) can get them.  The idea of making people register accounts or having post count requirements are outdated.  Having a shitload of members isn't an asset to any site.  Site traffic is the goal, not members.

13 minutes ago, Rubby10 said:

1. that's banned from the site, and so are you.

2. your a disgrace to your ancestors and you will die without honor, by this point not even preforming seppuku will save your soul now.

10 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I have a question about the download counters.

Does it count repeated downloads by the same user? Or does it only count unique downloads?

I believe it counts unique downloads... at least the last time if I remember correctly.

However, what is "unique".. could someone download later .. much later and get a new count. Or, a new version will start it over...

Have you tried to down load multiple times and see the number change (on something you uploaded)?