Site questions, comments, and suggestions

5 minutes ago, CPU said:

image.png First icon is for people and followers.

image.png Second is for posting in threads you follow

image.png Third one is for somebody giving a thumbs up to something you posted

image.png Fourth is just for the staff, something requires an approval

image.png Fifth is when somebody quotes a post of yours

image.png Sixth is the same as the second

image.png Seventh is when somebody starts a new thread in a section you follow

perfect, thx,

that quenched my curiosity!

(didn't know that you can see if someone gives a thumb o.O)

Site has been great for me for the past week or so, but today it's slow as molasses. It doesn't quite time out when switching pages, clicking a Notification, hitting Submit on a post, but it's really close.

My ping to LL is 32-33ms (which is great for me) and other sites (Nexus, Google, Yahoo, more) all load almost instantly so I don't think I've got a peach pit in my router or whatever... :classic_tongue:

ZWvVeb9.png

39 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Site has been great for me for the past week or so, but today it's slow as molasses. It doesn't quite time out when switching pages, clicking a Notification, hitting Submit on a post, but it's really close.

My ping to LL is 32-33ms (which is great for me) and other sites (Nexus, Google, Yahoo, more) all load almost instantly so I don't think I've got a peach pit in my router or whatever... :classic_tongue:

ZWvVeb9.png

For me, in IPv4 mode (I can use IPv6, but didn't activate it), in the other site of the Atlantic ocean:

ll_ping_ipv4.png.56f17dcb7086f51a1ea5f803d8a62a8a.png

Maybe try to pass on IPv4 mode, just for testing ?

1 hour ago, Benmc20 said:

I don't think IPv4 is a benefit in performance.

It is mostly due to the last mile connection type and the type of ISP.

Here my example:

image.png

@Ashal, many times i found myself in need of more power to control the support topic of my own mods. The power that i need is similar to the one of a moderator but only restricted to the support topic and file download page. I know this system is available in nexusmods: what i want is the ability to blacklist specific people to download my mod and/or post in my own support topic. I don't ask the power to delete user comments, that will remain a moderator exclusive . Thank you, that would make modders life easier :)

8 hours ago, anghelos92 said:

@Ashal, many times i found myself in need of more power to control the support topic of my own mods. The power that i need is similar to the one of a moderator but only restricted to the support topic and file download page. I know this system is available in nexusmods: what i want is the ability to blacklist specific people to download my mod and/or post in my own support topic. I don't ask the power to delete user comments, that will remain a moderator exclusive . Thank you, that would make modders life easier :)

Blacklist, that's why I do not like NEXUS, we are a community here and there are sometimes negative comments.
there we can yes equal to play Russian Roulette, *you write bad comments, so now you are on my blacklist.* :classic_wink:

9 hours ago, anghelos92 said:

We are open here.

In case somebody goes over the rules, or is a real pest, you can always use the report button.

14 minutes ago, CPU said:

We are open here.

In case somebody goes over the rules, or is a real pest, you can always use the report button.

Well CPU, you can start from the support topic of my mod for skyrim...lots of comment to delete there, including my own. I don't want to spam the report button;)

It was not enough many moderators already intervened but people don't stop spam about mod requirements even if I clearly said many times that the support topic is only for bugs report, in that case where were the moderators?

38 minutes ago, winny257 said:

Blacklist, that's why I do not like NEXUS, we are a community here and there are sometimes negative comments.
there we can yes equal to play Russian Roulette, *you write bad comments, so now you are on my blacklist.* :classic_wink:

Well i think since i made a mod investing lots of hours into it and then some random dude go into support topic complaining about the mod's requirements he not only ruin my day and convince me to not share my mods with other people but also he counfound other peoples that want to use the SUPPORT topic for... Support. 

I am not a mod maker. However, I am supportive of their concerns, as I know CPU and the other moderators are. That is why Rule 1 is the first rule. For some time now I have thought that it might be useful to add a third button to mods. One to download, one for support and then a third for comments and suggestions. Mod authors who choose to do so could completely ignore the comments and suggestions "topic" should they so decide to do so, while still being able to help those people who legitimately want help with the mod.

Before you tell me that people would just ignore that button and post wherever they like let me say there will be rule breakers certainly. However, rules are not meant for persistent rule-breakers. Those people have to be dealt with in some other way. Rules are for people who genuinely value the mods and the community that they find here on LoversLab. Even now, even today, there are people who have posted in the wrong place on the Skyrim Support Threads. I try my best to educate them and I have yet to have one "tell me off." Most are apologetic for not knowing the proper approach and post in the location to which I've pointed them. I think a Comments button would have some of the same issues - that doesn't mean that we should shut down the Technical Support Threads any more than we should ignore this suggestion out of hand. Yes, there will be a learning curve if a third button is added but I think that, in the long haul, it would be a good thing for the site as a whole. And, as always, I know I could be wrong but I do believe that this is something that should be considered, even if it is not adopted.