Site questions, comments, and suggestions

Am I the only person who don't get most of update notifications about mods I follow? And another question (alternative to the first one maybe): do notification updates send automatically on update of a mod page or a mod author is able to decide whether to send a notification?

57 minutes ago, StepanBo said:

Am I the only person who don't get most of update notifications about mods I follow? And another question (alternative to the first one maybe): do notification updates send automatically on update of a mod page or a mod author is able to decide whether to send a notification?

There are settings when you follow if you want notification or not. Make sure it is set up correctly for the way you want to be notified.

Spoiler

Capture.PNG

For the second question, it is automatic based on your settings after an author updates or makes changes.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but ...

How can I add an image to to a download so it shows up in the downloads list? I didn't have anything useful when I uploaded the first version of the Slaver's Spellbook. Now I do but I can't work out how to set the image. I've added a ton of screenshots to the file page, but the summary in the download list still shows that grey camera placeholder.

This new interface confuses me.

I "think" the issue is that you didn't leave any of the screenshots out.  Meaning, you imported all the screenshots into the body of the page.  Try uploading a picture and don't import it into the description.  It should then pull that picture as the thumbnail cover.  It's been so long since I uploaded a mod I can't remember for sure.

From a few versions the way to do the mod page is different.

You have the page from "Upload a new version". That is basic. Very basic.

Just but a basic descriptions here.

Then you have "Edit description of mod" in this case you have full control and you can add new images that can go in the description (as any other post.)

If this has been asked already, I apologize, I've been away for a few weeks, just got back home.  Can someone please tell me what happened to the topic: 9Damao, 3DM and Baidu Download Request Topic??  Thank you!

Allen

6 minutes ago, aba42 said:

If this has been asked already, I apologize, I've been away for a few weeks, just got back home.  Can someone please tell me what happened to the topic: 9Damao, 3DM and Baidu Download Request Topic??  Thank you!

Allen

Hello Allen.

The topic was closed by the OP (Original Poster.)

[Actually three times after undeleted by the staff. But no we will not restore it.)

17 hours ago, DocClox said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but ...

How can I add an image to to a download so it shows up in the downloads list? I didn't have anything useful when I uploaded the first version of the Slaver's Spellbook. Now I do but I can't work out how to set the image. I've added a ton of screenshots to the file page, but the summary in the download list still shows that grey camera placeholder.

This new interface confuses me.

Click on any of your screenshots and 'Set it as the Primary'. 

Ah, right. I've been adding them as images in the post rather than dragging them to the screenshot area. I got confused by the number of "drag files here" areas, I think.

What;s the "linked screenshot" for? It it for a hyperlinked image? I've not dared experiment.

10 minutes ago, DocClox said:

Ah, right. I've been adding them as images in the post rather than dragging them to the screenshot area. I got confused by the number of "drag files here" areas, I think.

What;s the "linked screenshot" for? It it for a hyperlinked image? I've not dared experiment.

It is to add images as links from other sites.

They will not be stored on LLab hard disks.

16 hours ago, CPU said:

Hello Allen.

The topic was closed by the OP (Original Poster.)

[Actually three times after undeleted by the staff. But no we will not restore it.)

Okey Doke!  Thank you for the clarification.  I can now stop a lot of frustrated surfing through LL website!

Firstly, please bonk me in the head- I'm sure they're "in there somewhere" and my failure to find them is entirely a personal issue... :classic_wacko:

That said, I'm suddenly unable to find "my" bright scarlet "Kissy Lips" emoji since The Great Lovers Lab Site Upheaval of 2019. Can someone please point me to it or at least give me a code that will produce it in the forums?

43 minutes ago, DocClox said:

This one? ????

I typed "kiss" into the search bar on the emoji box/ I only know it's there because I was trying to find a "having sex" emoj yesterday.

That may be a monochrome version of the bright scarlet lips I'm looking for.... which would be how I missed it.... I was (and still am) looking for the former red lips in all their crimson glory. Thanks! ?

Notifications are still buggy, right?

Example: FMEA was updated and I am following the mod. But I got no notification. :classic_sad:

It appears to me the bug is not generally striking us. If memory serves me right, I DID receive mod update notifications last weekend .. or it was wishful fantasy on my side ?