Site questions, comments, and suggestions

15 minutes ago, Danfoss said:

Are the version numbers of the indvidual mods on the download page supposed to not be there?  I quite liked those on the older layout.

Now I'm confused (I am getting quite used to this feeling). I just checked three of my favorite mods (PAHE, HSH and SLUTS) and they all still have their version numbers listed in their title. ?

54 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Now I'm confused (I am getting quite used to this feeling). I just checked three of my favorite mods (PAHE, HSH and SLUTS) and they all still have their version numbers listed in their title. ?

I believe that is because it's manually written into the title and then manually changed to reflect the actual version number after each update, or something along those lines. I'm not familiar with how uploading and moderating a mod works on this site.

If you look at for example Deviously Cursed Loot, it says 6.2 in the title, but when you go into the actual mod's page, it will say in the version number slot/place "6.4". Hell, Kimy has even got an old date in the title as well. While that used not to be such a problem, it could now mislead people.

Anyway, it's a minor chink in the armor of an otherwise nicely functioning/looking site.

6 hours ago, Ashal said:

And for those who preferred the old blog view; at the top right of the page, there should be two square buttons. The right one is the new default grid view, the left one will switch it to the old style list view.

blogview.PNG

Just saw that, yes. It's a good thing to have both options as the grid view does not displays the 4-5 previous entries (grid + previous entries displayed somewhere would be awesome though). But that means we might still have to keep our current formats for headers, and just add a different one for the grid mode's featured image. I wonder if that featured image's resolution would get wider with a different IPB theme though, such as Carbon full width ? 

Anyway, I guess well discover it soon enough. :classic_smile:

6 hours ago, Ashal said:

Direct video links should've always auto embedded, but now youtube, vimeo, and whatnot should also auto embed when you link them.

YouTube test example: 

Ohhh, YES ! Thank you man ! It was something lacking compared to old Loverlabs. ?

7 hours ago, Ashal said:

I am also perplexed by this. But without further research, I'm afraid to delete the duplicates. As I don't know which one people have their logins tied to and which is safe to remove. It's one of my priorities though. 

Could somebody who uses Facebook/Twitter login test it for me? Just try logging in with both buttons and let me know which works, or if both do.

Both Twitter buttons took me through the same process to make an account, I stopped at confirming an email.

Both FaceBook buttons took me to the same page/URL as well, but I didn't go any further than that.

The view counter on the individual blog entries seems to have gotten disabled in the update. The entry I posted after it has evidently been viewed, since it has a 'like' on it, but the counter persists at zero. 

There's also no apparent way to revert to the list view on the individual author's blog pages, so there's no way to see if the view counter there still works as the grid layout lacks one entirely. 

6 hours ago, AVS said:

The view counter on the individual blog entries seems to have gotten disabled in the update. The entry I posted after it has evidently been viewed, since it has a 'like' on it, but the counter persists at zero. 

There's also no apparent way to revert to the list view on the individual author's blog pages, so there's no way to see if the view counter there still works as the grid layout lacks one entirely. 

The view counter of each blog is even bugged since the November update. Instead of showing the sum of all entry views plus the number of clicks on the overview page, like in the 2017 version, it only shows the number of clicks on the overview page, which is inherently pointless.

2 hours ago, EvalovesEP said:

@Ashal> many compliments for upgrade. Everything works better and faster and you improved blog section. Thank you very much.

+ 1.

I'm thrilled how site is working now, even the things taht I didn't complain about or report it as broken, works great.

I noticed that there were some changes to club layouts, and I have to wonder why such a huge empty column was created (or is it supposed to hold ads ?).  It makes the content section feel compressed (in addition with the new padding) :

1701273994_2018-05-2418_24_06-CommunautFrancophone-LoversLab.thumb.png.b39452e25bc6eed15cfabffd6b0aa556.png

Is it caused by this newsletter thing ?  Weird placement for a button that could be anywhere :P

15 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

What's the difference between the circle and the star?

The circle does indicate an element with unread content. As for the star, most of the time it flags an element which is featured/highlighted by the admins.

2 hours ago, romeozero said:

Where do I put information on server bugs\issues,here ? I have UI troubles with mod downloads on IPB Lite theme.

If it is a global problem then post it here.

If it is specific to you then open a post in tech support (or use an existing one if possible.)

11 hours ago, CPU said:

If it is a global problem then post it here.

If it is specific to you then open a post in tech support (or use an existing one if possible.)

Its prob global as in Carbon Default theme this issues is resolved.Something bugged with horizontal (scrolling ) or whatever the code is.Picture area bugged and a massive space to right side scrolling. Here's the screens of a mod to download as shown example \ %100 page size.Also nothing is clickable in that area.

bandicam 2018-05-26 12-14-21-438.png

bandicam 2018-05-26 12-14-43-237.png

bandicam 2018-05-26 12-15-17-743.png

48 minutes ago, Destroyah340 said:

Is is just me or this site loading slower than it used to? Thought it was my PC but it loads every other site I frequent at the same quick speed as usual while this one takes sometimes a good min to load a link or thread

No, I experience the same. Sites loads very slow every time I visit.

10 minutes ago, Cynical Misanthrope said:

No, I experience the same. Sites loads very slow every time I visit.

+1 .. same for me. But the huge pile of new smilies loads many times faster now.

14hours ago it was the opposite ?

1 hour ago, worik said:

+1 .. same for me. But the huge pile of new smilies loads many times faster now.

14hours ago it was the opposite ?

the uploading the Loverslab homepage takes a hundredth of a second, but that jumping from thread to another or from page to page, takes 30 seconds to a minute.
I have never experienced! ?

Just reporting the same problem as the last time when the site has been upgraded: English spell checker is not working. It works on every other site I have, but LL.

10 minutes ago, TheWhite said:

How to make the site faster? It's taking forever for me too to load the pages. I lose interest in the forum cause it loads forever and I even forget why I opened a certain forum here cause it takes so long.

edit. it took a minute for this post to go through. And the edited thing will probably take the same amount now.

I'm using FF and I can't complain although I have no fast Internet. The slowest opening for me is when going from blog section on forum or my profile but it takes less then a minute. Everything else works fine for me. I know it is not comfort for you, but just wanted to say that since the site is upgraded, I have no problem with long openings.