Site questions, comments, and suggestions

7 hours ago, myuhinny said:

@Elf Prince

I believe to edit the title yourt thread you just have to hit edit to your first post and change it there. If not you can PM a moderator and give them the link to your thread and type out what you want the thread to be named. 

It worked as you suggested. Thank you very much. :smile:

Question about avatar.

My new avatar is 33kb big. It's not in cube format but in rectangle. Side sliders doesn't work. If I want to narrow the picture keeping the height, it doesn't let me. It automatically resize all sides. Is is meant to be? I'm not sure but I think it worked earlier as it suppose to.

35 minutes ago, Grine said:

I think the blogs page needs to be fixed.

I avoid it like the plague.

Even clicking it locks the whole page because of the sheer amount of images being loaded.

(Not directed at you Grine :))  If there is a problem with part of a sight... please report it... How can Ashal and/or the Moderators work on a solution if they aren't aware of a problem?  Finally (Ashal and the Moderators might not like this suggestion :P) Follow up until you get a response to your problem, what was done can be done etc. Of course all this is if you are concerned with the issue you are reporting. Like us, occasionally a Admin/Moderator might miss a post or report... following up to get response helps this process by covering that possibility. Keep in  mind sometimes, there is little that can be done currently.  This is my suggestion r/t problems being experienced.

On 17.3.2018 at 4:41 PM, Grine said:

I think the blogs page needs to be fixed.

I avoid it like the plague.

Even clicking it locks the whole page because of the sheer amount of images being loaded.

Yep, I suppose that explains the issue.... page loading of the blog landing page  is (felt) 100x times the usual LL page performance and that makes the landing page of the blogs a nuisance ... mildly spoken.

The endless stream of loading images from what-not-never-heard-of sites hints to me that the issue is not on the LL side of life's bandwith but more or less on the style how that page is designed.

My suggestion:
...is it to strip that landing  page of content from the presented blogs. .. or at least as much as possible and for sure to not show or link any non-LL content (so we can skip that blubber).

.. but of course only the landing page! Once I click a blog, I want to read it and I don't mind to have to wait for the stuff that I selected to read.

Showcase of what I see as a good example: make it look like a common forum thread e.g.  https://www.loverslab.com/forum/9-general-discussion/

It's fast, reliable and tells me everything I want to know at that stage.

Yes, the negative side is of course it looks booooring. But at least it "looks" instead of it "loads" :classic_wink:

@Cynical Misanthrope

I think they mean quotes which are open all the time and require you to click them to actually close them instead of them being closed on page load and requiring you to click on them to open them like you would on the spoilers. I think it might be nice to set to like spoilers where they are auto closed till you click them.

6 hours ago, myuhinny said:

@Cynical Misanthrope

I think they mean quotes which are open all the time and require you to click them to actually close them instead of them being closed on page load ad requiring you to click on them to open them like you would on the spoilers. I think it might be nice to have to set to like spoilers where they are auto closed till you click them.

^ this ... sorry

10 hours ago, myuhinny said:

@Cynical Misanthrope

I think they mean quotes which are open all the time and require you to click them to actually close them instead of them being closed on page load and requiring you to click on them to open them like you would on the spoilers. I think it might be nice to set to like spoilers where they are auto closed till you click them.

At first I thought that was the case as well, but I didn't want to look like a complete idiot. Being a idiot is enough, but a complete one is little to much.

1 hour ago, EvalovesEP said:

My apologies in advance if this question has been answered:

- how do I post pictures and comments in "club"? I joined to one club, but have no idea how to post anything.

Technically it's the same, but the layout is slightly different. 

To post a new topic:

Navigate to the club you wanna post in, and make sure it's the right sub-thread/section as well, which you can see at the top, but below the club banner. Usually it's "home" & "members" and then probably the first thread created by the admin of the club.

Look for a GREEN button far to the right of the screen which says "Start new topic" and there you have it.

Replying to a already existing thread is actually the same as the rest of the forum.

If you can't post anything, maybe you don't have enough permissions, but don't quote me on that one.

I just know as a club admin myself, you can set different permissions such as "private" & "open" when it comes to joining the club, but can't say if it's true for posting as well, mostly because I can't remember it right now.

On 17/03/2018 at 5:20 PM, RitualClarity said:

(Not directed at you Grine :))  If there is a problem with part of a sight... please report it... How can Ashal and/or the Moderators work on a solution if they aren't aware of a problem? 

They are aware of the problem, it has already been reported. They're just busy doing other things, like Sexlab's next version for example. :classic_smile:

On 18/03/2018 at 5:29 PM, worik said:

My suggestion:
...is it to strip that landing  page of content from the presented blogs. .. or at least as much as possible and for sure to not show or link any non-LL content (so we can skip that blubber).

.. but of course only the landing page! Once I click a blog, I want to read it and I don't mind to have to wait for the stuff that I selected to read.

That solution wouldn't be pretty. I mean the entries' titles and their image headers are a good part of what generate views towards them. Restraining the loading to the first 2-3 lines should still increase performance a lot, while still allowing blogs to be displayed in a graphical manner. smiley_sorcer_HFR.gif

I suppose that this is the most appropriate place I can find to post this:

Is there something up with the "link screenshots" feature for site hosted mods? I've got a problem with mine where the first nine screenshots are all the same. It was seven before (And I'll be buggered if I know how it ever got to that; I only copied the link once.). I tried removing the offending linked shots twice, but each time it seems to have done the opposite, and added that same link again.

(I tried looking for something like a "Report site bugs here" thread, but couldn't find anything.)

56 minutes ago, Evan555alpha said:

Is there something up with the "link screenshots" feature for site hosted mods? I've got a problem with mine where the first nine screenshots are all the same. It was seven before (And I'll be buggered if I know how it ever got to that; I only copied the link once.). I tried removing the offending linked shots twice, but each time it seems to have done the opposite, and added that same link again.

(I tried looking for something like a "Report site bugs here" thread, but couldn't find anything.)

That is the good thread.

Can you give us a link to your post that is creating problems, please?

4 hours ago, CPU said:

That is the good thread.

Can you give us a link to your post that is creating problems, please?

But... that is the thread that has the issue? Unless you mean the support topic, in which case, here you go.

I'm sorry if that's not it, I don't really know what you mean here.

Spoilered is what I'm currently seeing on the main file page, which I linked in my previous post.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b42c3ad64e54c763de2410bfb358fabc.png

image.thumb.png.3f01c98f9db2bef894dd059356fc5af9.png

1 hour ago, Evan555alpha said:

But... that is the thread that has the issue? Unless you mean the support topic, in which case, here you go.

I'm sorry if that's not it, I don't really know what you mean here.

Spoilered is what I'm currently seeing on the main file page, which I linked in my previous post.

Checked, and effectively there is no way to remove the images.

We will correct the bug.

14 hours ago, Evan555alpha said:

Cleaned the extras out of the database. Seems to be an IPB bug when multiple screenshot links have the same URL. If it happens again let know.

1 hour ago, Ashal said:

Cleaned the extras out of the database. Seems to be an IPB bug when multiple screenshot links have the same URL. If it happens again let know.

8 hours ago, CPU said:

Checked, and effectively there is no way to remove the images.

We will correct the bug.

Cheers.

Not complaining, just saying: disabling "Post now" in blog section doesn't work. It publish the entry right away and doesn't let me save my work for later editing.

1 hour ago, Elf Prince said:

Not complaining, just saying: disabling "Post now" in blog section doesn't work. It publish the entry right away and doesn't let me save my work for later editing.

It is a known problem. It's very minor though, so I don't think it's on the top priority of things to be fixed. :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Elf Prince said:

Just tested, and toggling it seems to save it as unpublished to me.

Do you see a post here: https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/blog/1-ashals-blog/

Or directly here: https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/6440-test-post/

nopublish.PNG

unpublished.PNG

@Ashal - the first one says: No entries have been created, and the second one: Sorry ... we couldn't locate ....

If that is correct, I don't understand why I can't save my blog for later editing.