Site questions, comments, and suggestions

14 minutes ago, winny257 said:

You too, :smiley: I have him three times in my follower list, You can not throw him out!
Ashal has to do something.

yeah, it got me, but I have it to where no one can follow me now, but i would like an approval system for those who follow, thanks @winny257

9 minutes ago, flutie said:

yeah, it got me, but I have it to where no one can follow me now, but i would like an approval system for those who follow, thanks @winny257

I talked to the real CPU (PM), he told me when the new update comes, maybe there is the possibility throw unwanted members out of the list. :classic_wink:

I know it was said already, but have to stress my frustration with quotes in quotes that contains hundreds of pictures because some people doesn't know how to delete pictures form the quotes and the others simply don't care. Reaching certain posts in certain threads is the pain in the ass. Have to wait the "eternity" until all those quotes opens the pictures. :frown:

Is this problem really irreparable?

10 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

I know it was said already, but have to stress my frustration with quotes in quotes that contains hundreds of pictures because some people doesn't know how to delete pictures form the quotes and the others simply don't care. Reaching certain posts in certain threads is the pain in the ass. Have to wait the "eternity" until all those quotes opens the pictures. :frown:

I have not personally noticed this problem, what kind of connection do you have, I'm on a 78/18mb and nested quotes with pictures load as fast as the text (unless there is a bandwidth issue with the picture provider).

4 minutes ago, calranthe said:

I have not personally noticed this problem, what kind of connection do you have, I'm on a 78/18mb and nested quotes with pictures load as fast as the text (unless there is a bandwidth issue with the picture provider).

That's exactly what I'm trying to say. Not everyone has fast internet and good provider. I think we should be fair for those who has weak internet. :smile:  And certain commands and spoilers are given with the reason. :smile:

28 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

Just report the posts and the moderators will remove the images or add spoilers.

You know what would be cool...

to let users upload images/screenshots

to Mod pages just like at Nexus.

you know what else would be cool...

a block user feature so I dont have

to see dramaqueen users that

dramatically post 4 drama posts a day

everyday

Updated forums to 4.3 tonight. There is likely a few lingering bugs here and there as a result. Additionally, the "Carbon - Full Width" theme has been removed temporarily while various bugs are worked out in the default version. It'll return once those are ironed out and carried over.

1 hour ago, Ashal said:

Updated forums to 4.3 tonight. There is likely a few lingering bugs here and there as a result. Additionally, the "Carbon - Full Width" theme has been removed temporarily while various bugs are worked out in the default version. It'll return once those are ironed out and carried over.

Are the emoticons going to remain "black and white"?

5 minutes ago, ThisTimeIBeAGoodGirlSir said:

hmmm.png

I am also perplexed by this. But without further research, I'm afraid to delete the duplicates. As I don't know which one people have their logins tied to and which is safe to remove. It's one of my priorities though. 

Could somebody who uses Facebook/Twitter login test it for me? Just try logging in with both buttons and let me know which works, or if both do.

Whoav, there sure were some changes. O_o

The blogs' section in particular, loading times seems much faster now. I guess the idea is to load only the feature image of each entry, which allows to skip loading entire entries while still having a graphical display. Well have to change our headers format once again, but it's a good idea IMO. Smiley_henri_gaud-belin_HFR.gif

A question though : i still don't see any option to insert a video in the media button. So that means video embedding still isn't for today, am I right ? :classic_angel:

Thanks for the effort of updating the site anyway. Smiley_jap_HFR.gif

You

7 minutes ago, Tirloque said:

A question though : i still don't see any option to insert a video in the media button. So that means video embedding still isn't for today, am I right ? :classic_angel:

Direct video links should've always auto embedded, but now youtube, vimeo, and whatnot should also auto embed when you link them.

YouTube test example: 

EDIT: Yup, just paste the link and it'll embed.

17 minutes ago, Tirloque said:

The blogs' section in particular, loading times seems much faster now. I guess the idea is to load only the feature image of each entry, which allows to skip loading entire entries while still having a graphical display. Well have to change our headers format once again, but it's a good idea IMO. Smiley_henri_gaud-belin_HFR.gif

And for those who preferred the old blog view; at the top right of the page, there should be two square buttons. The right one is the new default grid view, the left one will switch it to the old style list view.

blogview.PNG

There's a similar option on the homepage now as well for listing the forum categories. Though I have no earthly idea who'd find a grid view there useful. 

----

Another useful update is that the Forums and Downloads buttons at the top of the site should function as dropdowns now so you can quickly go straight to the category you want. 

13 minutes ago, Ashal said:

Direct video links should've always auto embedded, but now youtube, vimeo, and whatnot should also auto embed when you link them.

Spoiler

EDIT: Yup, just paste the link and it'll embed.

very good ?

7 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Thank you Ashal. They are now in color and with a larger selection. I should post on the positive thought thread! ?

No idea why they would've been in black and white. But I just switched it to use EmojiOne emojis instead. But if people have a strong preference one way or the other, I can also switch it to use Twitter style emoji instead. Which might make more sense honestly, as the current emoticon setup on the site is using Twitter's Emoji.

EDIT: Switched it to Twitter style now.

44 minutes ago, Ashal said:

No idea why they would've been in black and white. But I just switched it to use EmojiOne emojis instead. But if people have a strong preference one way or the other, I can also switch it to use Twitter style emoji instead. Which might make more sense honestly, as the current emoticon setup on the site is using Twitter's Emoji.

Well as you can see I am happy just to have them in color! Use whatever makes the most sense to you as far as I'm concerned ! ?

Also, I just noticed the search engine appears to be more robust! This day just keeps getting better and better!!! ?

Since no one has been on here since I posted the above I will simply add that I like (pun intended) the new like system. While I don't remember ever accidentally "liking" something having to (essentially) confirm before the like "takes" is a wonderful idea! I'm so looking forward to more little wonders (and don't worry I'll eventually get tired of the emojis)! ?