Dragonjoe69

What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

19 minutes ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

I bought a motherboard recently, costing more than the assembler made in a year, according to one single website...

Electronics Assembler Salary China - SalaryExpert

but it's not important to the discussion, 

I'm only marvelling at the really looong train-of-thought your post triggered.

Free-market,

slave-wages (hypothetically),

economies in the world besides US,

China, the last bastion of anything being made anywhere,

the enormous &*^% profit *someone* must've gotten from my motherboard.

But I write very unclearly, No one cares what I say, and it's only a thought about the subject

(like when you read good books and pictures form in your mind from the text)

LOL  I think I understand you well enough, and yeah.  Sort of why my post happened in the first place.  Someone mentioned something, and my thoughts went down a long and rambling tangent.  ;)

And yes..  While I probably always will think a free market economy would be the best model, I'm also not  naive enough to think it's that simple.  No issue worth debating really ever is.  Lots of considerations on a lot of sides that make the whole thing a big tangled mess, all of which leads to my resignation that as I said, it'll probably never happen (almost certainly not viably) in my lifetime anyways.

That said though, at least in so much as it happens here in the USA, I do try to support initiatives that LESSEN, rather than increase the federal governments interference with the nation's economy.  It's not really what it was invented for, and quite often when they do step in to "fix" things, it's just an artificial band-aid (like minimum wage bumps usually are) that end up worsening, rather than actually improving things.

Anyways.. just musing.  Not trying to start any big serious political debates or anything here so.. I should probably STFU now.  ^_^

Now, it's time to open up the economy says the dipshits who trashed anyone who wanted it to stay open for sustainability. I truly despise people who love to weaponize a crisis and use it as a game to get a 1up ruining the lives  of many and turn around and become brazen about it.

So...  you know that moment?

It's 2 AM (which is also the beginning to a fantastic song, but that's not the point right now...) and you're scanning down and back up your Steam library of over 300 titles and... NONE of them sound like any damn fun at the moment for a whole variety of reasons...

Of course, this doesn't even take into account downloaded crap you've got stashed on a network data drive, your old DVD/CD library, and yes, even boxes of diskettes you COULD resort to if you could be arsed to dig out the USB drive you've got lying around somewhere, all of which very likely total 5, maybe even 10 times the previously mentioned Steam library, and about the time you mentally go through all that, you come to the sinking realization that the problem clearly isn't the games, since you know damn well at least some, if not most of them are good, else why the hell do you have them to begin with, which means it must just be YOU being pissy or cynical or... whatever, and likely nothing's gonna fix it until you snap back out of whatever funk you've managed to sink into somehow.

Yeah.. that really pisses me off.  xD

You know, I don't like when websites have to sit there and hold my hand and dictate how the fuck my password must be to create an account because it's not good enough for them. I really don't need to be babysat over it. If my account gets hacked because I made an easy to crack p.w., then let me take personal responsibility for my own stupidity.

On 1/17/2021 at 9:24 AM, endgame † addiction said:

There's a lot of incompetence in the fast food industry. My room mate is a manager for KFC and everyday he deals with the typical bratty generation that hardly wants to work, go home early, but expects to be paid full hours. Or turns around and complains because they aren't getting enough hours when the company decides to cut hours because of labor. He's the one busting his ass off. It's gotten so bad that workers won't show up. If he fires them, he has no one to help cover the shift and all that leads to is hiring more incompetents. I feel bad for him. He's been working in the industry for just about two decades now mostly as a manager. It's the same everywhere he goes.

Going into that sort of "box" store, and finding that, while they have 8 checkout lanes, ONE is open.  That one has three people with full carts.  I have two items.  The explanation: 'So many people "called in sick" today.' 

It's all over the place, and I don't really have a solution.

2 hours ago, AKM said:

Going into that sort of "box" store, and finding that, while they have 8 checkout lanes, ONE is open.  That one has three people with full carts.  I have two items.  The explanation: 'So many people "called in sick" today.' 

I get more annoyed when it's someone with a cart filled with stuff ready to spill out of it and it happens to be one of those persons who has a coupon for every single thing and we have to wait about 10mins for the cashier to finish.

Reading Apotheosis manga right now and I'd swear that in nearly all these cultivation type comics (yes I know that isn't technically the correct term but idgaf) the author reaches a point where they start treating it like an Elder Scrolls game; you must complete 5 side quests between each main quest.  "You must join us as a low ranked disciple even though the entire universe just watched as you kicked the collective asses of literally hundreds of thousands of other people."  Or the whole bit from Martial Peak; MC (referring to his wife): "I'm here to see so-and-so."  Guard: "I won't let you see that person until you tell me why you want to see them."  MC: "I refuse to say."....................wut? How hard is it to say "I am her husband, let me the fuck in." 

I get that the authors need (or think there is a need) to create drama to keep people invested.  You don't create drama by making your main character 1) a stubborn ass when asked a reasonable question, or 2) an idiot, or 3) giving them pointless roadblocks that take a stupid amount of time to resolve.  If the character is supposed to be famous or have done something that would be recognized by massive numbers of people, make it so other people seem like they know who the character is.  Something is rising here, and since it sure ain't the shield hero, it must be my blood pressure. 

5 hours ago, AKM said:

What kind of "box" store only has 8 checkout lanes any more?  Sure they won't ever use more than 5 of the 30 they've got, but if they don't have at least 20 they aren't really a "box" store. And God forbid that they reduce the number of lanes to increase the amount of space for product, let alone provide an aisle that two normal size humans can walk down and pass each other in. 

7 hours ago, TheOzoneHole said:

What kind of "box" store only has 8 checkout lanes any more?

The ones that have 7 of them closed currently, 6 permanently.

My car. Two days ago, I accidentally went over a curb. Just a little one, nothing major. And noticed a very slight grinding noise coming from the back. I figured, hey, maybe a shock just gave up the ghost, so I got under there and took a look... nope, not a shock. At least, not just a shock. Shit is all rusted down there, it looks like a futuristic dystopian trash heap. Both control arms are rusted clean through, it's a miracle I made it to the mechanic. A tie rod end is cracked, and so is one shock. And once I got it to the mechanic, turns out the wheel bearings are fucked up on the right rear too.

This kind of thing never happened to me when I lived out west. Had a car for twenty years there, and never anything rusted through. Here? New car twelve years ago, and this is the second time I've had to replace a tie rod end, the body is rusting, and shit is just plain falling apart. Not to mention that I have to replace the brake shoes or lining just about every year. It's barely past the 100,000 mile mark! One day soon I'm gonna be driving down the road and it's going to fall apart around me - one second, in an intact car, the next, sliding down the road on nothing but a seat cushion holding a broken-off steering wheel. Ten million youtube views and an entry in a "you had one job" video.

The humidity and the salt, god help me, all the salt they put on the roads here, they should rename this place Oxidationville. I've lived in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, and Oregon, and only since I've moved to New York has this started happening. Don't get me wrong, I love the climate, it was a shock coming here and finding out that you could grow a garden by accident if you weren't careful, but sometimes I miss the fact that vehicles lasted longer than a rainy afternoon.

10 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

My car. Two days ago, I accidentally went over a curb. Just a little one, nothing major. And noticed a very slight grinding noise coming from the back. I figured, hey, maybe a shock just gave up the ghost, so I got under there and took a look... nope, not a shock. At least, not just a shock. Shit is all rusted down there, it looks like a futuristic dystopian trash heap. Both control arms are rusted clean through, it's a miracle I made it to the mechanic. A tie rod end is cracked, and so is one shock. And once I got it to the mechanic, turns out the wheel bearings are fucked up on the right rear too.

This kind of thing never happened to me when I lived out west. Had a car for twenty years there, and never anything rusted through. Here? New car twelve years ago, and this is the second time I've had to replace a tie rod end, the body is rusting, and shit is just plain falling apart. Not to mention that I have to replace the brake shoes or lining just about every year. It's barely past the 100,000 mile mark! One day soon I'm gonna be driving down the road and it's going to fall apart around me - one second, in an intact car, the next, sliding down the road on nothing but a seat cushion holding a broken-off steering wheel. Ten million youtube views and an entry in a "you had one job" video.

The humidity and the salt, god help me, all the salt they put on the roads here, they should rename this place Oxidationville. I've lived in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, and Oregon, and only since I've moved to New York has this started happening. Don't get me wrong, I love the climate, it was a shock coming here and finding out that you could grow a garden by accident if you weren't careful, but sometimes I miss the fact that vehicles lasted longer than a rainy afternoon.

Reminds me of this...

What's pissing me off lately is when people bitch about mainstream media and their "nefarious agenda" to manipulate the masses. There seems to be a movement that exists to cast doubt over all of mainstream media for not being totally 100% unbiased in their reporting. But these people are always totally biased themselves and only hate the fact that mainstream news never agrees with them. I think most people want to consume news that agrees with them.

9 hours ago, Seelenlos said:

What's pissing me off lately is when people bitch about mainstream media and their "nefarious agenda" to manipulate the masses. There seems to be a movement that exists to cast doubt over all of mainstream media for not being totally 100% unbiased in their reporting. But these people are always totally biased themselves and only hate the fact that mainstream news never agrees with them. I think most people want to consume news that agrees with them.

Bias is a natural part of human psyche. Everybody is a hypocrite one way or another, some just know when they're the ones being the hypocrites which is the true path to growth. But the claims against mainstream media are not as baseless as you're making them out to be. You can argue that they're very much misplaced, hyperbolic or idiotic at times but not completely baseless. The media has given us more than enough reasons to definitely know they're up to no good and cannot be trusted, at this point they don't even bother hiding their intentions anymore. Just because the doubters can be biased in their own ways doesn't mean their concerns should be dismissed.

May surprise some of you, but cats.  MY friggin' cat to be precise. 

He follows me toward OUR (apparently) room, as usual, but then turns off toward the bathroom.  Oh yeah?  I wait 30 seconds or so, then walk in behind him.  He's standing on the side of the bathtub.  Looks at me.  Okay, says I, so I sit on the toilet and start to remove a shoe.  Something to keep me there to see what he does.  What does he do?  He hops down and urinates in the bathtub.  The kicker?  The TWO litter boxes were not just cleaned, but given entirely new, fresh, litter two days ago.

This explains why someone asked about the urine smell in the tub a while back.

Sigh.

Remind me again why I love this furrball.

Damn cat!

I know this is very first world of me but what pisses me off is inconsiderate people. You know, the ones who can't be bothered to do little things that would take them little time and effort but, by not doing it, they place a greater burden on those around them. Like:

• people who don't know what the little lever on the right side of their steering column is for. Not only can they not be bothered to use it when changing lanes but it's too much trouble to use it when turning. Apparently, it's better to simply slow down for no apparent reason until you come to your turn and thereby keeping the person behind you confused about whether you can be safely passed. After all, you wouldn't want them to have any extra time.
  • people who can't be bothered to wipe their shoes/boots/crocs before entering a public place. Most stores, etc. have mats for this nowadays (as recommended by their attorneys to prevent falls) but some people (despite tracking in ice and snow and slush and mud) are too good or too important to wipe off their footwear. Thus, people wind up with falls despite the best efforts of owners everywhere.
  • people who have to have their cell phone conversations in the middle of the aisle in the store. They can't be bothered to get out of the way of others. They can't be bothered to tell their caller "hey, I'm in the middle of something; let me call you back in a few minutes." No, everyone else in the world needs to realize that they are less important than the person on the phone and give way without complaint. After all, making a big deal of their selfishness would make me the asshole, right?

Thanks for listening. I feel better now.

The corporate conundrum of woe that always leaves someone getting fucked figuratively (1 employee to do a job that should take 5 but can't due to budget cuts) or literally (sexual predators in the entertainment industry that if outed put a lot of people out of work and thus they are protected).

History is intended to be learned so that we do not repeat the mistakes of the past.  Yet it seems more and more people are just ignored the lessons of the past.  Blinded by the possibility that they may be wrong.  That they may look bad or the "I'm a good person and this is for the good of everyone".  Yet when you can point to several past events and several current events and they are the same, what then?

Well I'm not ranting tonight and I don't want to say anything impetuous.  So let me leave you with some wisdom.  Run or Fight.  If you can't fight, run.  If you can't run, fight.  If you can't do both, then you better have some good friends.

On 2/2/2021 at 3:47 AM, Dio_Wolf49 said:

The corporate conundrum of woe that always leaves someone getting fucked figuratively (1 employee to do a job that should take 5 but can't due to budget cuts) or literally (sexual predators in the entertainment industry that if outed put a lot of people out of work and thus they are protected).

History is intended to be learned so that we do not repeat the mistakes of the past.  Yet it seems more and more people are just ignored the lessons of the past.  Blinded by the possibility that they may be wrong.  That they may look bad or the "I'm a good person and this is for the good of everyone".  Yet when you can point to several past events and several current events and they are the same, what then?

Well I'm not ranting tonight and I don't want to say anything impetuous.  So let me leave you with some wisdom.  Run or Fight.  If you can't fight, run.  If you can't run, fight.  If you can't do both, then you better have some good friends.

"Only fools learn from their mistakes.  The wise learn from the mistakes of others"  -- some old person.   Too bad there is only a finite amount of wisdom for the human race, so as the population grows............

It takes so many things to happen for shit to go right and yet, so few things to go wrong and fuck things up entirely. It's like in movies where you see someone work really hard to clean something up or fix it just so life can drop a fiery asteroid on it as soon as they're done- it used to be funny when I thought it was the exception, not the rule.

This reminds me of that other case a while ago where a girl shot his boyfriend with a desert eagle through a phonebook because they thought the book would be able to stop the bullet and they'll get a lot of views off of it. Or the various people that died due to eating tidepods back when it was the new hot meme.

Point being, some people are surprisingly dumb and it's kinda infuriating. I don't know how anyone in their right conscience can think these actions aren't flat out retarded. I mean what the fuck went wrong in their lives that lead them to think of and doing such stupid shit?

As cynical as this will sound...

There's a lot of (in my mind, highly valid) reasons why I:

A. Have avoided as much social media as possible pretty much since there was such a thing as 'the net'.

B. Believe strongly in the concept of "The Darwin Awards".

If people allow themselves to remain this ignorant and uninformed, and then die doing really stupid shit that even those of really low intelligence know is probably a bad plan, well.. I can't say I have a hell of a lot of compassion.  Sure.. there's a certain amount of room for cases where someone really had no idea what they were doing was that stupid and dangerous.  I can't really think of good examples offhand, but I'm quite certain it happens.  That said, I'm not really sure how things have changed so drastically that we just believe everything - so long as you can find it on the internet, it MUST be true.  Back in my day, we grew up to be skeptical at a minimum, and even if we weren't, no force on this planet could have ever convinced me that it was a good idea to fire a gun at anything I did not absolutely wish dead or destroyed, or to ingest cleaning products and synthetic, toxic chemicals.  I don't care how many "cool kids" are doing it.

Meh.  Much as I don't do that whole YouTube/Twitch/whatever follow channels and whatnot thing, I know it's quite prevalent in modern culture, so yeah.. I gotta agree.  This monkey see, monkey do thing IS extremely annoying.  Reminds me of the idiot antics back when "Jackass" was the "shiny new thing" - And I thought that was really stupid too, for the record.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Otaku said:

This reminds me of that other case a while ago where a girl shot his boyfriend with a desert eagle through a phonebook because they thought the book would be able to stop the bullet and they'll get a lot of views off of it. Or the various people that died due to eating tidepods back when it was the new hot meme.

Point being, some people are surprisingly dumb and it's kinda infuriating. I don't know how anyone in their right conscience can think these actions aren't flat out retarded. I mean what the fuck went wrong in their lives that lead them to think of and doing such stupid shit?

I loved this quote... but it's proving time and again to be false.