What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

20 hours ago, Nachtalb said:

Every time I want to mod my games from new, the site I need the most is down. Simsfileshare, Loverslab, Simsresource... right now it's Nexus. It's like the world wants me to play vanilla...

That and wanting to redownload/update your favourite mod only to discover that it or its creator are no more.

I SECOND THIS LMAO!!!

On 1/15/2021 at 3:17 PM, Darkening Demise said:

Fast food employees. They treat you like shit, they demand $15 an hour, they spit, jizz, and shit on your food. Fuck up your orders. Take forever. Put everything together very sloppy. Yet cry THEY are the victims. Bitch! You don't deserve a mother fucking penny till you do your job right! ?

Sadly to say that fact would result in Cancel Culture coming right for you like a freight train. Feelings > Facts has become the norm thanks to Millennials and their 'culture'. ?

Cool story. like the twist ending. Try working that shit for six months before braying ignorance or categorizing both an entire economic class and 20 year span of people with a tiny peepee brush.

On 1/15/2021 at 6:17 PM, Darkening Demise said:

Fast food employees. They treat you like shit, they demand $15 an hour, they spit, jizz, and shit on your food. Fuck up your orders. Take forever. Put everything together very sloppy. Yet cry THEY are the victims. Bitch! You don't deserve a mother fucking penny till you do your job right! ?

Sadly to say that fact would result in Cancel Culture coming right for you like a freight train. Feelings > Facts has become the norm thanks to Millennials and their 'culture'. ?

I worked customer service for 10 years and I can say that everything you stated I have received on the workers side of your statements. In my town if you have a job you are considered middle/upper class regardless of what you do. Not a lot of variety in work so I had to settle for customer service. I have had trays of food thrown at me, spat on, had to clean shitty bathrooms because douche bags decided to shit on the floor out of spite, yelled at, hit, scratched, bitten, and looked down on because of where I worked. In those 10 years it changed me.

Where I am going with this is that customer service workers need to be treated with more respect. It requires a special kind of tolerance and patience to deal with the arrogance or modern society. They are the backbone of a majority of work, the most common type of work, and the most looked downed on. You get what you pay for so to speak in more ways than one.

3 hours ago, Molevalence said:

I worked customer service for 10 years and I can say that everything you stated I have received on the workers side of your statements. In my town if you have a job you are considered middle/upper class regardless of what you do. Not a lot of variety in work so I had to settle for customer service. I have had trays of food thrown at me, spat on, had to clean shitty bathrooms because douche bags decided to shit on the floor out of spite, yelled at, hit, scratched, bitten, and looked down on because of where I worked. In those 10 years it changed me.

Where I am going with this is that customer service workers need to be treated with more respect. It requires a special kind of tolerance and patience to deal with the arrogance or modern society. They are the backbone of a majority of work, the most common type of work, and the most looked downed on. You get what you pay for so to speak in more ways than one.

1. Exactly why I left the mid-west, nothing good there unless you know somebody.

2. Yes people need to treat the service industry better... I say that in spite of the fact that 8/10 times my order's fucked.

Just saying though, certain jobs (fast food, busser, dishwasher, etc) should be done by the younger generations, so they build up job skills and life experience. In my opinion sending manufacturing away is what shifted the economic scales and why 40 year olds are still working at Hardee's, and the youth unemployed and angry.

6 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

1. Exactly why I left the mid-west, nothing good there unless you know somebody.

2. Yes people need to treat the service industry better... I say that in spite of the fact that 8/10 times my order's fucked.

Just saying though, certain jobs (fast food, busser, dishwasher, etc) should be done by the younger generations, so they build up job skills and life experience. In my opinion sending manufacturing away is what shifted the economic scales and why 40 year olds are still working at Hardee's, and the youth unemployed and angry.

Honestly I feel everyone should take a year of a customer service job during high school just so they can get a feel of what its like to do the work and experience the shit they go through. Most people who work them arnt there by choice. Least people can do is treat them with dignity. You give a little you get a little.

6 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

There's a lot of incompetence in the fast food industry. My room mate is a manager for KFC and everyday he deals with the typical bratty generation that hardly wants to work, go home early, but expects to be paid full hours. Or turns around and complains because they aren't getting enough hours when the company decides to cut hours because of labor. He's the one busting his ass off. It's gotten so bad that workers won't show up. If he fires them, he has no one to help cover the shift and all that leads to is hiring more incompetents. I feel bad for him. He's been working in the industry for just about two decades now mostly as a manager. It's the same everywhere he goes.

7 hours ago, endgame † addiction said:

There's a lot of incompetence in the fast food industry. My room mate is a manager for KFC and everyday he deals with the typical bratty generation that hardly wants to work, go home early, but expects to be paid full hours. Or turns around and complains because they aren't getting enough hours when the company decides to cut hours because of labor. He's the one busting his ass off. It's gotten so bad that workers won't show up. If he fires them, he has no one to help cover the shift and all that leads to is hiring more incompetents. I feel bad for him. He's been working in the industry for just about two decades now mostly as a manager. It's the same everywhere he goes.

I was explaining this to my chick last week because she's in a similar boat... wages fluctuate based on the value of your labor (Walmart in this case) When the legislative branch mandates $15/hour minimum wage, it doesn't magically make the value of an employees labor increase, no in most cases they cut costs by laying employees off and shouldering the burden on the remaining employees; not to mention the companies (especially fast food) installing kiosks instead of paying cashiers all together.

4 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

I was explaining this to my chick last week because she's in a similar boat... wages fluctuate based on the value of your labor (Walmart in this case) When the legislative branch mandates $15/hour minimum wage, it doesn't magically make the value of an employees labor increase, no in most cases they cut costs by laying employees off and shouldering the burden on the remaining employees; not to mention the companies (especially fast food) installing kiosks instead of paying cashiers all together.

Minimum wage, at one time, was obviously a really good (probably utterly necessary) thing.  Sadly, for about the last hundred years give or take, it's *usually* adjusted/applied to artificially "pump" a struggling economy.  What people never seem to quite figure out though is every time there's a "magic increase" to the unskilled/general labor pool, *everything* else starts going up to offset the losses that's about to incur all the companies employing those people.  Cost of goods, sales tax, cost of insurance, blah blah.  In the worst cases, it also leads to those situations where lots of companies which were formerly employing nearly 100% full-time, insured people with full benefits suddenly change their entire model to one where they hire as few full time people as possible, since part timers fall into lots of loopholes where they don't necessarily qualify for benefits and insurance etc.

Meh.  Sorry.  Don't wanna get all ranty and soap-boxy here.  Just, yeah.  It's not magic, and ultimately no matter how they work the numbers or pass minimum and special legislation and all the rest of that garbage, it comes down to a simple formula of supply, demand, and worth.  I'd really love to see an actual working model of a completely functioning free market enterprise system without all the fluff, bullshit and interference, but I'm more or less resolved to the fact it's not gonna happen in my lifetime at least.  xD

4 hours ago, Kitty said:

Minimum wage, at one time, was obviously a really good (probably utterly necessary) thing.  Sadly, for about the last hundred years give or take, it's *usually* adjusted/applied to artificially "pump" a struggling economy.  What people never seem to quite figure out though is every time there's a "magic increase" to the unskilled/general labor pool, *everything* else starts going up to offset the losses that's about to incur all the companies employing those people.  Cost of goods, sales tax, cost of insurance, blah blah.  In the worst cases, it also leads to those situations where lots of companies which were formerly employing nearly 100% full-time, insured people with full benefits suddenly change their entire model to one where they hire as few full time people as possible, since part timers fall into lots of loopholes where they don't necessarily qualify for benefits and insurance etc.

Meh.  Sorry.  Don't wanna get all ranty and soap-boxy here.  Just, yeah.  It's not magic, and ultimately no matter how they work the numbers or pass minimum and special legislation and all the rest of that garbage, it comes down to a simple formula of supply, demand, and worth.  I'd really love to see an actual working model of a completely functioning free market enterprise system without all the fluff, bullshit and interference, but I'm more or less resolved to the fact it's not gonna happen in my lifetime at least.  xD

I bought a motherboard recently, costing more than the assembler made in a year, according to one single website...

Electronics Assembler Salary China - SalaryExpert

but it's not important to the discussion, 

I'm only marvelling at the really looong train-of-thought your post triggered.

Free-market,

slave-wages (hypothetically),

economies in the world besides US,

China, the last bastion of anything being made anywhere,

the enormous &*^% profit *someone* must've gotten from my motherboard.

But I write very unclearly, No one cares what I say, and it's only a thought about the subject

(like when you read good books and pictures form in your mind from the text)

19 minutes ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

I bought a motherboard recently, costing more than the assembler made in a year, according to one single website...

Electronics Assembler Salary China - SalaryExpert

but it's not important to the discussion, 

I'm only marvelling at the really looong train-of-thought your post triggered.

Free-market,

slave-wages (hypothetically),

economies in the world besides US,

China, the last bastion of anything being made anywhere,

the enormous &*^% profit *someone* must've gotten from my motherboard.

But I write very unclearly, No one cares what I say, and it's only a thought about the subject

(like when you read good books and pictures form in your mind from the text)

LOL  I think I understand you well enough, and yeah.  Sort of why my post happened in the first place.  Someone mentioned something, and my thoughts went down a long and rambling tangent.  ;)

And yes..  While I probably always will think a free market economy would be the best model, I'm also not  naive enough to think it's that simple.  No issue worth debating really ever is.  Lots of considerations on a lot of sides that make the whole thing a big tangled mess, all of which leads to my resignation that as I said, it'll probably never happen (almost certainly not viably) in my lifetime anyways.

That said though, at least in so much as it happens here in the USA, I do try to support initiatives that LESSEN, rather than increase the federal governments interference with the nation's economy.  It's not really what it was invented for, and quite often when they do step in to "fix" things, it's just an artificial band-aid (like minimum wage bumps usually are) that end up worsening, rather than actually improving things.

Anyways.. just musing.  Not trying to start any big serious political debates or anything here so.. I should probably STFU now.  ^_^

Now, it's time to open up the economy says the dipshits who trashed anyone who wanted it to stay open for sustainability. I truly despise people who love to weaponize a crisis and use it as a game to get a 1up ruining the lives  of many and turn around and become brazen about it.

So...  you know that moment?

It's 2 AM (which is also the beginning to a fantastic song, but that's not the point right now...) and you're scanning down and back up your Steam library of over 300 titles and... NONE of them sound like any damn fun at the moment for a whole variety of reasons...

Of course, this doesn't even take into account downloaded crap you've got stashed on a network data drive, your old DVD/CD library, and yes, even boxes of diskettes you COULD resort to if you could be arsed to dig out the USB drive you've got lying around somewhere, all of which very likely total 5, maybe even 10 times the previously mentioned Steam library, and about the time you mentally go through all that, you come to the sinking realization that the problem clearly isn't the games, since you know damn well at least some, if not most of them are good, else why the hell do you have them to begin with, which means it must just be YOU being pissy or cynical or... whatever, and likely nothing's gonna fix it until you snap back out of whatever funk you've managed to sink into somehow.

Yeah.. that really pisses me off.  xD

You know, I don't like when websites have to sit there and hold my hand and dictate how the fuck my password must be to create an account because it's not good enough for them. I really don't need to be babysat over it. If my account gets hacked because I made an easy to crack p.w., then let me take personal responsibility for my own stupidity.

On 1/17/2021 at 9:24 AM, endgame † addiction said:

Going into that sort of "box" store, and finding that, while they have 8 checkout lanes, ONE is open.  That one has three people with full carts.  I have two items.  The explanation: 'So many people "called in sick" today.' 

It's all over the place, and I don't really have a solution.

2 hours ago, AKM said:

Going into that sort of "box" store, and finding that, while they have 8 checkout lanes, ONE is open.  That one has three people with full carts.  I have two items.  The explanation: 'So many people "called in sick" today.' 

I get more annoyed when it's someone with a cart filled with stuff ready to spill out of it and it happens to be one of those persons who has a coupon for every single thing and we have to wait about 10mins for the cashier to finish.

Reading Apotheosis manga right now and I'd swear that in nearly all these cultivation type comics (yes I know that isn't technically the correct term but idgaf) the author reaches a point where they start treating it like an Elder Scrolls game; you must complete 5 side quests between each main quest.  "You must join us as a low ranked disciple even though the entire universe just watched as you kicked the collective asses of literally hundreds of thousands of other people."  Or the whole bit from Martial Peak; MC (referring to his wife): "I'm here to see so-and-so."  Guard: "I won't let you see that person until you tell me why you want to see them."  MC: "I refuse to say."....................wut? How hard is it to say "I am her husband, let me the fuck in." 

I get that the authors need (or think there is a need) to create drama to keep people invested.  You don't create drama by making your main character 1) a stubborn ass when asked a reasonable question, or 2) an idiot, or 3) giving them pointless roadblocks that take a stupid amount of time to resolve.  If the character is supposed to be famous or have done something that would be recognized by massive numbers of people, make it so other people seem like they know who the character is.  Something is rising here, and since it sure ain't the shield hero, it must be my blood pressure. 

5 hours ago, AKM said:

What kind of "box" store only has 8 checkout lanes any more?  Sure they won't ever use more than 5 of the 30 they've got, but if they don't have at least 20 they aren't really a "box" store. And God forbid that they reduce the number of lanes to increase the amount of space for product, let alone provide an aisle that two normal size humans can walk down and pass each other in. 

My car. Two days ago, I accidentally went over a curb. Just a little one, nothing major. And noticed a very slight grinding noise coming from the back. I figured, hey, maybe a shock just gave up the ghost, so I got under there and took a look... nope, not a shock. At least, not just a shock. Shit is all rusted down there, it looks like a futuristic dystopian trash heap. Both control arms are rusted clean through, it's a miracle I made it to the mechanic. A tie rod end is cracked, and so is one shock. And once I got it to the mechanic, turns out the wheel bearings are fucked up on the right rear too.

This kind of thing never happened to me when I lived out west. Had a car for twenty years there, and never anything rusted through. Here? New car twelve years ago, and this is the second time I've had to replace a tie rod end, the body is rusting, and shit is just plain falling apart. Not to mention that I have to replace the brake shoes or lining just about every year. It's barely past the 100,000 mile mark! One day soon I'm gonna be driving down the road and it's going to fall apart around me - one second, in an intact car, the next, sliding down the road on nothing but a seat cushion holding a broken-off steering wheel. Ten million youtube views and an entry in a "you had one job" video.

The humidity and the salt, god help me, all the salt they put on the roads here, they should rename this place Oxidationville. I've lived in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, and Oregon, and only since I've moved to New York has this started happening. Don't get me wrong, I love the climate, it was a shock coming here and finding out that you could grow a garden by accident if you weren't careful, but sometimes I miss the fact that vehicles lasted longer than a rainy afternoon.

10 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

My car. Two days ago, I accidentally went over a curb. Just a little one, nothing major. And noticed a very slight grinding noise coming from the back. I figured, hey, maybe a shock just gave up the ghost, so I got under there and took a look... nope, not a shock. At least, not just a shock. Shit is all rusted down there, it looks like a futuristic dystopian trash heap. Both control arms are rusted clean through, it's a miracle I made it to the mechanic. A tie rod end is cracked, and so is one shock. And once I got it to the mechanic, turns out the wheel bearings are fucked up on the right rear too.

This kind of thing never happened to me when I lived out west. Had a car for twenty years there, and never anything rusted through. Here? New car twelve years ago, and this is the second time I've had to replace a tie rod end, the body is rusting, and shit is just plain falling apart. Not to mention that I have to replace the brake shoes or lining just about every year. It's barely past the 100,000 mile mark! One day soon I'm gonna be driving down the road and it's going to fall apart around me - one second, in an intact car, the next, sliding down the road on nothing but a seat cushion holding a broken-off steering wheel. Ten million youtube views and an entry in a "you had one job" video.

The humidity and the salt, god help me, all the salt they put on the roads here, they should rename this place Oxidationville. I've lived in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, and Oregon, and only since I've moved to New York has this started happening. Don't get me wrong, I love the climate, it was a shock coming here and finding out that you could grow a garden by accident if you weren't careful, but sometimes I miss the fact that vehicles lasted longer than a rainy afternoon.

Reminds me of this...