What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

Why is men's football less LGBT+ inclusive than the women's game?

• 27 Feb 202127 Feb 2021
  • From the section Football

For LGBT+ History Month, Crystal Palace goalkeeper Chloe Morgan explores for Football Focus why men's football has been slower to embrace LGBT+ inclusion than the women's game.

That's from the BBC Football website.

Why there are so few lesbians in men's football and so few gays in women's football are the types of question which keep me awake at night. It's a mystery.

On 2/23/2021 at 12:09 AM, Kitty said:

DC Universe "reboot"

I don't do TV anymore, been over 15 years (I binge stream cable stuff like Got and Walking Dead) so can't say anything about that stuff.

But hearing JJ, our savior, is now doing a new Superman movie for Warner Bros. I can honestly agree that just about everything is dead or dying to me. Thank god I can do a search on the internet for say 'movies made in 1984' and find 50 movies worth watching (again) compared to the 1 or maybe 2 (rare) per year being made in the last 10-15 years.

Do they honestly think letting Abrams touch anything is actually a good strategy? Or are they just trying to hurt investors to weed out the last remaining people whom could be considered 'middle class' and widen the gap? Those with a lot of finances have proven they will waste money to bleed dry those with less (court cases are a good example). Just a thought....  Shame it drags down anything I find of value - for a culture that claims to be rainbow colored, I just see a LOT of gray now.

I just found out today that the job I went to college for for a year (Accounting and Payroll) graduated and got a diploma, applied for and been keeping constant update on it since June of last year just hired 25% of the local towns gun registry population to the pay center. They are prioritizing french females.  I'm so furious right now. I feel like I took that course for nothing.

This state prioritizing "medical workers" for COVID vaccinations and not including lab workers who work with potentially infectious material. We won't get our chance until April at the earliest, possibly as late as July depending on supply. Lab techs were in demand here before the 'rona hit and the labor shortage has only gotten worse since. So it doesn't make much sense to leave a keystone of our medical care infrastructure vulnerable. But I'm not a politician; I use reason and logic to guide most of my decisions. So I have no clue what those idiots in the state capitol are thinking.

Does anybody really stop and ask what pisses them off? Do people ever stop to wonder whether an action is a good or not? Do people ever question their bias?

This questions now that I said them seem kind of vague. Would the world end if it stopped for two seconds?

No I have not been doing drugs... this time.

18 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Does anybody really stop and ask what pisses them off? Do people ever stop to wonder whether an action is a good or not? Do people ever question their bias?

This questions now that I said them seem kind of vague. Would the world end if it stopped for two seconds?

No I have not been doing drugs... this time.

I do, quite a lot.  I mean, things that piss me off, I don't really need to think about.  I know it when it happens.  I do try to question my intentions and actions, and at least consider if maybe 'my way' is based on an unreasonable bias, which generally happens as soon as <insert group here> starts making noise about it.

Usually, I end up shrugging, deciding said group is nuts, and going on with my day, though occasionally I do find situations where someone actually made valid points, so I then try to adjust my thinking and behavior accordingly.  Hey, we're never too old to learn, and it is always possible I was the one thinking like an ass-hat.  Doesn't happen often, but I certainly can't say 'never'.  :)

Oh, and if the world stopped for two seconds, we'd basically all float away.  That rotation thing is pretty important for stuff like gravity and whatnot.  Just sayin'.

Whether that quantifies the world ending or not is a matter of perspective, I suppose.  ^_^

5 hours ago, Kitty said:

I do, quite a lot.  I mean, things that piss me off, I don't really need to think about.  I know it when it happens.  I do try to question my intentions and actions, and at least consider if maybe 'my way' is based on an unreasonable bias, which generally happens as soon as <insert group here> starts making noise about it.

Usually, I end up shrugging, deciding said group is nuts, and going on with my day, though occasionally I do find situations where someone actually made valid points, so I then try to adjust my thinking and behavior accordingly.  Hey, we're never too old to learn, and it is always possible I was the one thinking like an ass-hat.  Doesn't happen often, but I certainly can't say 'never'.  :)

Oh, and if the world stopped for two seconds, we'd basically all float away.  That rotation thing is pretty important for stuff like gravity and whatnot.  Just sayin'.

Whether that quantifies the world ending or not is a matter of perspective, I suppose.  ^_^

Must be an exciting world to have so many things piss you off. I find myself lacking things to get pissed off at. Um... stealth action games. Stealth games do not usually blend well with action. There are certain sequences in games where it is impossible not to get caught and I fuckin hate it. If there is 100 people around I get it but if one dude starts hunting me down with no possible way they could have noticed me then it gets silly. Bethesda games are the worst offender of this IMHO.

I'd say that roughly 80% of this thread is about works of fiction with 15% being news and 5% being politics. Given works of fiction can be grounded down to simple economics so it doesn't really bug me. The other 15 + 5% is so alien to me due to lacking any connection to the poster. I find it rather hard to get pissed in those circumstances.

"The world is fine. We however are fucked." -George Carlin

8 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

Must be an exciting world to have so many things piss you off. I find myself lacking things to get pissed off at. Um... stealth action games. Stealth games do not usually blend well with action. There are certain sequences in games where it is impossible not to get caught and I fuckin hate it. If there is 100 people around I get it but if one dude starts hunting me down with no possible way they could have noticed me then it gets silly. Bethesda games are the worst offender of this IMHO.

I'd say that roughly 80% of this thread is about works of fiction with 15% being news and 5% being politics. Given works of fiction can be grounded down to simple economics so it doesn't really bug me. The other 15 + 5% is so alien to me due to lacking any connection to the poster. I find it rather hard to get pissed in those circumstances.

"The world is fine. We however are fucked." -George Carlin

Just to clarify, my "I do, quite a lot" comment was not meant to imply I "get pissed off a lot", but rather as an answer to: "Does anybody really stop and ask what pisses them off? Do people ever stop to wonder whether an action is a good or not? Do people ever question their bias?" - which I then went on to clarify I don't really think about what pisses me of, as I simply know it when it happens.  Still didn't mean to intend that happens very often though.  Really I'm usually pretty easy going.  Things that DO piss me off?  Meh... trolls who just think they're SO clever, and no one anywhere ever said anything as witty as them, just in order to be annoying... hard-line radicals of basically ANY flavor.  Whatever the argument is, to me it's a lot more beneficial for people to discuss/debate with an open mind than sit there plugging their ears and screaming, "No, I'M right!" over and over.  And.. hmm.  Maybe ignorance in general.  Not meaning a lack of knowledge.. there's a million good reasons someone may not know something, but true ignorance.  Such as not knowing something but insisting you do and refusing to actually find out or... refusing to consider anything that doesn't fit your utterly established (and OBVIOUSLY correct) world view, regardless of evidence to the contrary..  I mean, sure.  SOME things piss me off, but I do generally try to shrug most of it off.  Most days, I got way better things to do than spend time being pissed off about what that person over there is saying/doing/whatever.  ^_^

As for Stealth-Action games... I can think of lots I've really enjoyed, some that really sucked (IMO), though it would depend a lot where you place genre definitions.  Like some of the newer Deus Ex series mixed them pretty well I think, the Hitman games were good, though personally I prefer everything before the 'reboot' or whatever.  The modern ones are ok, but I don't enjoy them as much as Blood Money, Contracts, etc back in the day for some reason.

But see, I could easily agree with someone who didn't feel those were "stealth-action" either.  I would think so, but no one made me the boss of anything so.. open to interpretation.  ;)

5 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

Bethesda games are the worst offender of this IMHO

I had taken years off from the Assassin's creed games. Not to say 'they' were actually a good stealth simulator but it was a game mechanic and when I finally decided to go back when Origins released, remember getting quite annoyed with the same thing you refer to. Example. I could be on a roof a fair distance from a group of potential enemies. While in 'stealth' I could shoot an arrow using a bow equivalent of a sniper rifle. Somehow those clever bastards could in the blink of an eye, use mathematics without any kind of lasers or other surveying devices to determine the exact point of origin from which that arrow was fired. I learned to shoot, then leave the 'area' like all good snipers are taught, and watched as the rest of the group would approach, and climb to the EXACT location I had fired from. Pretty 'nifty' if I do say so myself.

I still remember playing THIEF - The Dark Project, as my entry into stealth games. While not perfect, it set a standard which many have moved further and further from as time passes. I recently purchased Metal Gear Solid V on sale, as I wanted to see what all the noise was about concerning this IP, and this seemed to be the best choice as a PC player for a good looking and fairly well received entry. Let me just say that most of the noise from the console generation proves to me they haven't experienced PC gaming and appear to be wildly impressed with 'less'.

>>Getting a bit off course but I'm reminded of the entire concept of 'achievements and collectables'. A game 'mechanic' introduced to consoles to make up for the lack of content due to old console limitations. Like good puppies needing their achievements, I see this crap on everything now even though it's not 'needed' anymore - proof Pavlov's Dog is alive and well.

12 minutes ago, Kitty said:

Meh... trolls who just think they're SO clever, and no one anywhere ever said anything as witty as them, just in order to be annoying

I'm pissed real life doesn't have an Ignore Feature as effective as those in the digital world. I can easily put an idiot on ignore and NEVER feel like I'll miss something 'important'. Perhaps this is why I don't get addicted to things like Twitter.

1 hour ago, landess said:

I had taken years off from the Assassin's creed games. Not to say 'they' were actually a good stealth simulator but it was a game mechanic and when I finally decided to go back when Origins released, remember getting quite annoyed with the same thing you refer to. Example. I could be on a roof a fair distance from a group of potential enemies. While in 'stealth' I could shoot an arrow using a bow equivalent of a sniper rifle. Somehow those clever bastards could in the blink of an eye, use mathematics without any kind of lasers or other surveying devices to determine the exact point of origin from which that arrow was fired. I learned to shoot, then leave the 'area' like all good snipers are taught, and watched as the rest of the group would approach, and climb to the EXACT location I had fired from. Pretty 'nifty' if I do say so myself.

I still remember playing THIEF - The Dark Project, as my entry into stealth games. While not perfect, it set a standard which many have moved further and further from as time passes. I recently purchased Metal Gear Solid V on sale, as I wanted to see what all the noise was about concerning this IP, and this seemed to be the best choice as a PC player for a good looking and fairly well received entry. Let me just say that most of the noise from the console generation proves to me they haven't experienced PC gaming and appear to be wildly impressed with 'less'.

>>Getting a bit off course but I'm reminded of the entire concept of 'achievements and collectables'. A game 'mechanic' introduced to consoles to make up for the lack of content due to old console limitations. Like good puppies needing their achievements, I see this crap on everything now even though it's not 'needed' anymore - proof Pavlov's Dog is alive and well.

So far, the only Assassin's Creed I've gotten around to was Black Flag.  I really wanted to play a good pirate themed game, and found there's a shocking lack of them out there.  I enjoyed the game, especially sailing around for no apparent reason just to make my crew sing shanties. xD  I don't think this one was as stealth-focused as some others in the series (from what I've heard), but I do recall some of the stealth mechanics being pretty crappy.

Not bad enough to make the game suck, but definitely had enough issues that it'll only ever be a "favorite" in terms of Pirate Genre games, but that's again largely due to very little available competition.

Never have played Thief.  Really not sure what the heck I was doing back in the day when it was all new and shiny.  I know I had MEANT to go back and play these for a long time, but... stupid life, blah blah, so by the time I really found the time, I guess I sorta got cold feet, because even though I'm pretty good at enjoying classics, I also know a fair bit of that is the nostalgia, which won't be present for any first time experience and I didn't want that to sour me to what I'm quite sure is probably every bit the great game(s) people have been saying for years.  Interestingly enough, I own two MGS packs around here somewhere.. I forget exactly when I grabbed them, so therefore, how many titles are in each.  One is for PC, the other PS3, if memory serves, but I'm still putting off playing THOSE for pretty much the same reason.  Heard a lot of "OMG! You HAVE to play these most awesomest games ever written!" stuff over the years and sort of afraid I'll fire them up and go "Meh.. it's ok" xD

Ugh.. Achievements.  Probably my biggest love/hate in the video game world.  I mean, deep down, I REALLY wish they never happened and/or someone would finally get us off that crap and make them go the hell away.  That said, I often can not help myself trying to 100% everything I play.  The damn badge is just taunting me, and you gotta catch 'em all, y'know?  lol

Add that to my list of things that piss me off is when I suddenly realize I've long since truly enjoyed the game I'm playing, but now I'm just grinding for some stupid achievement that's basically just there to add artificial "replay" (or in many cases, keep-play) value.

Most of the ones that aren't TOO crazy, I get... sooner or later, as I am one of those who generally enjoys replaying (good) games anyway so I may as well do this "task list" while I'm at it.  Some I'm like... uh... no.  I remember some in the Gears of War series with really high kill counts, and I think I recall a few in Final Fantasy XIII that were just like.. noway am I grinding that crap.  hehe.  Oh, and I almost universally ignore any and all multiplayer achievements.  I can very rarely stand any sort of multi-player anymore (long list of reasons), so I sort of mentally delete any/all MP achievements the first time I load the damn game - which obviously MUST have a strong SP game in the first place, or I wouldn't even load it up to begin with.  ;)

1 hour ago, landess said:

I'm pissed real life doesn't have an Ignore Feature as effective as those in the digital world. I can easily put an idiot on ignore and NEVER feel like I'll miss something 'important'. Perhaps this is why I don't get addicted to things like Twitter.

Oh that'd be so nice.  Wonder if someone will make an app for that someday.  Probably once augmented reality becomes mainstream.

<Beep> and suddenly your AR glasses/headset filter the targeted person completely out of your view/hearing.  Would be awesome.. until all the mutually ignored people all try to like get on a train or something and just keep bumping into "invisible walls" I guess.  xD

On 3/5/2021 at 2:01 AM, Kitty said:

So far, the only Assassin's Creed I've gotten around to was Black Flag.  I really wanted to play a good pirate themed game, and found there's a shocking lack of them out there.  I enjoyed the game, especially sailing around for no apparent reason just to make my crew sing shanties. xD  I don't think this one was as stealth-focused as some others in the series (from what I've heard), but I do recall some of the stealth mechanics being pretty crappy.

I thought black flag was good story wise, but still wish for a visually appealing 'Pirates" from Sid Meier.   Now that was a fun open world game.   I love how you had a time limit, only having about 10 years to get your fortune and fame amassed enough to enjoy it.    I guess games that appeal to that market don't sell very well, certainly not to the console crowd.   

On 3/4/2021 at 8:27 PM, Darkpig said:

I find myself lacking things to get pissed off at.

Increasingly the case with me. What shocks me more now is how much mellower i've gotten as of late and i've always been a fairly mellow fellow lol.

14 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

I thought black flag was good story wise, but still wish for a visually appealing 'Pirates" from Sid Meier.   Now that was a fun open world game.   I love how you had a time limit, only having about 10 years to get your fortune and fame amassed enough to enjoy it.    I guess games that appeal to that market don't sell very well, certainly not to the console crowd.  

I can even handle the dated graphics and whatnot of old Sid Meyer's.  I think it's actually the reason my standards are so high now for games of the genre.

Granted, it's quite dated now, but more importantly I must have played it hundreds, perhaps thousands of times over the years.  Sooner or later, you need something "like that but new and different"  lol

Here's a recipe for an apple desert, they said.
It'll be fun they said.

It was a LOT of work, counterintuitive, and the crust wasn't PIE crust.

Guess which recipe got thrown in the trash?

Blech.  What a waste of perfectly good ingredients.

Origin.

More specifically, this disaster they call a game library / downloader / whatever.

So, I figure... hey, I've owned the Mass Effect trilogy like.. forever.  Matter of fact, I owned the whole damn thing (still do somewhere) on X360, as well as having bought the hard copy CD trilogy before I found the (seemingly HAH) more convenient Origin/digital versions.

Being a true (probably somewhat insane and obsessed) fan, I own basically every piece of DLC I know of for any damn version I may wish to load up.  Yeah, cool so far.

So with the advent of this HD/remaster/whatever they're pushing it as, I figure "Hey.. I'm sorta-kinda between games right now.. couple on my radar I wanna get into, but people here are busting ass making some damn cool mods that I wanna give a little more time before I jump in so..  Let's play through the ME trilogy again NOW, maybe with some mods (lewd or not, don't care, just might be interesting) which will mean I'll be SO less likely tempted by this marketing cash-in BS that's about to happen."

Sounds like a good idea... all except because of EA/Origin's BS, the fact that the "Cerberus Network" is essentially defunct, let alone game servers, etc..  The stupid origin program keeps refusing to install basically anything except the original games.  It gets into any of my DLC (which even Origin's launcher is smart enough to know I already payed for) and it keeps getting stuck at 0%.  I can sometimes force one to "repair", which it apparently does, then bounces it right back to "Downloading" but, stuck at 0%.

I've been at this 2 damn days now, dug through dozens of pages of "Oh, hey.. fix your bullshit ME won't install issues.." posts.. 

At this point, I'm almost ready to look up their goddamn office address and drive the hell out there.

Ugh.. gonna fight with it a bit more, but I swear.  If this is a prelude to basically screwing over everyone who already owns this crap, and the ONLY way to get them working again becomes buying this damn remastered version... Oh I'm gonna snap.  =/

Wow, the UK is ........interesting.     I wonder if there is any hope or now the whiff of perceived racism will doom the Royal family.    What pisses me off is that I know far too much about this already.    At least some one on this site introduced me to Rock and Rule, which, being a fan of Heavy Metal, gave me a much needed respite to the insanity that is going on in the world.   

Ah, back in the time when teen age boys were allowed to be horny and envy John Candy's geek character who has to use a flag to keep from walking around "with his dork hanging out", getting not one, but two hot  babes, one good one evil.....which, back then was the meaning of equality.

1 hour ago, steelpanther24 said:

Wow, the UK is ........interesting.     I wonder if there is any hope or now the whiff of perceived racism will doom the Royal family.    What pisses me off is that I know far too much about this already.    At least some one on this site introduced me to Rock and Rule, which, being a fan of Heavy Metal, gave me a much needed respite to the insanity that is going on in the world.

From what I hear the Royal Family was notorious for having expensive vacations even among the people. One would think It wouldn't take much for that tower to fall. Point is people in high positions are going to have a lot of enemies. Even in my country where monarchy has been abolished people in high positions have some degree of immunity due to this fact. With that I could reasonably assume that unless there is a swastika on the prince's forehead covered in the blood of Jews the Royal Family will be just fine. If not they are found to be racist then who am I to judge the decision of a nation?

On 2/28/2021 at 2:37 PM, Molevalence said:

They are prioritizing french females.

Come to US. Here, if you are a man, but say you feel you are a woman, and anyone argues, they will be called ignorant and hater, and you will get special treatment... But, probably better to come from south border to be let in quickly!

I feel so stupid to study English for so many years and get visa.

17 hours ago, Kitty said:

...If this is a prelude to basically screwing over everyone who already owns this crap...

This is where I suspect that you're mistaken.  Almost every game producer today will make damn sure to have some clause in the fine print (and sometimes not so fine print, and not so hidden) that says in effect: "We know you payed for it, but it's STILL ours.  You own NOTHING, and we can take ANYTHING related to this content at any time, without notice."

Rather along the same vein, look up 'Right to Repair'.  Companies that produce things such as the tractors that farmers use to produce a major portion of our food are no longer allowed to repair "their" tractors.  These are people who, generally speaking, are mechanically inclined, and could, very quickly given the right parts, do the damn fix themselves as they KNOW what the problem is, and they already have the tools.  But no.  Again, you payed good money for it, but IT'S NOT YOURS.  And even if you are okay with this idiotic idea, most of the time there's a backup in the supply chain or simply not enough "trained" technicians... so your tractor, that you probably paid hundreds of thousands, if not millions for, is sitting there quietly rusting while producing zero return on your sizable investment.  All because you're not company trained to work on it, see?

Same goes for cars, too.  Want to work on your car?  Well, you see, you have to buy this computer to plug into your car so that the car's computer can tell you what's wrong with the car.  But the cost of that test computer is artificially inflated to make certain that only the big dealerships can afford it.  Again - NOT your car, you only thought it was.

This stupid, incredibly invasive idea is all over the place.

@AKM  LOL  Trust me, I know.

I worked as a general contractor most of my adult life.  I'm well acquainted with the idea of Caveat emptor, in many forms - including this ridiculous idea that owning something is really more like, y'know... not owning it.  xD

In other news.. took me a while to sort through their BS, but do finally have those games up and running.  Their shenanigans be damned.  ^_^

Oh, and when my mom's tractor (yes, mom owns a tractor.  Mostly now it's for plowing her 1/4 mile driveway, but it dates back to when dad was still with us and they did hay fields for their horses) breaks down in some way, we take a freaking wrench to it.  Then again, it wasn't 'born' here.  Belarus.  Damn good tractors.  hehehe

I definitely agree though that whole thing is way out of control.  I sometimes wonder if the Chinese standpoint of "Copywhat?  Tradewho? HahaHAHA  You want to buy a Mickey Mouse hat?" may not have a certain merit.  ;)

25 minutes ago, AKM said:

This is where I suspect that you're mistaken.  Almost every game producer today will make damn sure to have some clause in the fine print (and sometimes not so fine print, and not so hidden) that says in effect: "We know you payed for it, but it's STILL ours.  You own NOTHING, and we can take ANYTHING related to this content at any time, without notice."

Rather along the same vein, look up 'Right to Repair'.  Companies that produce things such as the tractors that farmers use to produce a major portion of our food are no longer allowed to repair "their" tractors.  These are people who, generally speaking, are mechanically inclined, and could, very quickly given the right parts, do the damn fix themselves as they KNOW what the problem is, and they already have the tools.  But no.  Again, you payed good money for it, but IT'S NOT YOURS.  And even if you are okay with this idiotic idea, most of the time there's a backup in the supply chain or simply not enough "trained" technicians... so your tractor, that you probably paid hundreds of thousands, if not millions for, is sitting there quietly rusting while producing zero return on your sizable investment.  All because you're not company trained to work on it, see?

Same goes for cars, too.  Want to work on your car?  Well, you see, you have to buy this computer to plug into your car so that the car's computer can tell you what's wrong with the car.  But the cost of that test computer is artificially inflated to make certain that only the big dealerships can afford it.  Again - NOT your car, you only thought it was.

This stupid, incredibly invasive idea is all over the place.

Reminds me of that show I like:

That reminds me of how people often say "it's complicated" is such a lazy cover for scummy practices.