Dragonjoe69

What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

32 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

Did thou just assumeth theyeths gender?

Mebbe. However, I do believe that Shakespeare did not say "Methinks the lord doth protest too much." Sometimes, you just have to work with what you've got.

"Hast du" ist nicht "Du hast".

"Did you" is not "you have"

Sorry for the small correction ;)

in German: du hast = you have

in German: du hasst= you hate

Rammstein is known for ambiguous messages

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Sorry for the small correction

Sorry that you corrected something that didn't need it.  🤪

I did say "Sorry, was just too close".

Both have the word "Hast" in them (regardless of language or meaning) was what I was pointing out. 😎

11 minutes ago, gregathit said:

Sorry that you corrected something that didn't need it.  🤪

I did say "Sorry, was just too close".

Both have the word "Hast" in them (regardless of language or meaning) was what I was pointing out. 😎

Sorry for misunderstanding the humor / irony ;)

4 hours ago, gregathit said:

just too

To quote others: "I'm a simple man". When I see a Rammstein video, I click.

I get pissed when the world tries to censor my choices which has really accelerated recently. I'm hardly 'extreme', but I'm no milk-bread either.

5-9.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

39 minutes ago, landess said:

I get pissed when the world tries to censor my choices which has really accelerated recently. I'm hardly 'extreme', but I'm no milk-bread either.

5-9.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

That reminds me of a friend who used to live in my area.  He originally came from Maine and wasn't used to all the baddass lightning storms we get here in New Mexico.  He calls me during one of these, freaking out saying, "DUDE?!!!  WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!!  WHAT DO I DO?!!"

Very nonchalantly I simply say, "dude get off the phone before we get struck by lightning."  He screams bloody murder and hangs up.🤣

In the immortal words of Curly from in the movie City Slickers, "damn city folk." 🤣

33 minutes ago, legendarytoyou said:

That reminds me of a friend who used to live in my area.  He originally came from Maine and wasn't used to all the baddass lightning storms we get here in New Mexico.  He calls me during one of these, freaking out saying, "DUDE?!!!  WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!!  WHAT DO I DO?!!"

Very nonchalantly I simply say, "dude get off the phone before we get struck by lightning."  He screams bloody murder and hangs up.🤣

In the immortal words of Curly from in the movie City Slickers, "damn city folk." 🤣

I forget why or where I heard that in Texas, everything's bigger, including the bugs. I wondered about New Mexico.

(redacted bugs) Wait, we have those, those too.

Plus Curly died, of natural causes (but he's still dead)

Plus I wanna go there someday, find a motel next to the well (the dried-up, pissant little well my grandfather bought 1/384th of)

At least you don't have bears.

No bears, right?

Or rats.

Vinegaroon-600x450.jpg.e6f833cbe9bf86714467d98d8dff5425.jpg171.jpg.7afff82a39bb4bc355e572100654e7e7.jpg

(NVM, (omg, wtf)

Capture.JPG.db77a22ec3ea7bd2a2f5dd3abeebaa88.JPG

7 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Sorry for misunderstanding the humor / irony ;)

No worries. 😉

Irony and sarcasm are often hard to translate into other languages, as well as to convey via text.  

6 hours ago, landess said:

I "see" what you did there.  You took my Rammstein (yea, I click them too) and raised it with a Lynyrd Skynyrd.  You are good.........REALLY Good!  😍

6 hours ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

I forget why or where I heard that in Texas, everything's bigger, including the bugs. I wondered about New Mexico.

(redacted bugs) Wait, we have those, those too.

Plus Curly died, of natural causes (but he's still dead)

Plus I wanna go there someday, find a motel next to the well (the dried-up, pissant little well my grandfather bought 1/384th of)

At least you don't have bears.

No bears, right?

Or rats.

Vinegaroon-600x450.jpg.e6f833cbe9bf86714467d98d8dff5425.jpg171.jpg.7afff82a39bb4bc355e572100654e7e7.jpg

(NVM, (omg, wtf)

Capture.JPG.db77a22ec3ea7bd2a2f5dd3abeebaa88.JPG

We have big ass tarantulas, gila monsters and vinegaroons.

Bears are only in one area, but it is the only area of NM that actually has trees.

On the plus side we have the best green chile on earth and were the first place to give Dave Chapelle headliner status.

13 hours ago, landess said:

5-9.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

The snow was actually kinda neat for awhile. Wasn't so much when the pipes busted and the power went out for two days. Have a feeling there will be a slight baby-boom from this as a consequence of needing to stay warm/occupied. Nothing dissolves differences faster than common, immediate necessity, lol. ❤️

4 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Wasn't so much when the pipes busted

I was stationed in NAS JAX in the early '80's. It did get cold enough there for a week or so that my old '68 LeSaber cracked a block and I remember asking myself - how much further south do I have to fuckin' go?

32 minutes ago, Starbrow65 said:

Argh! The Shakespeare Authorship Question! That way madness lies! Avaunt!

The son of a glove maker from the back of beyond or a polymath who travelled Europe and sailed with Drake when he circumnavigated the Earth and had an interest and knowledge in philosophy and various esoteric subjects? Bacon said his muse was Athene - (she who shakes the spear).

The arty-farty crowd who get all moist-eyed at the very mention of the name Shakespeare haven't got a clue what he was writing about for the most part.

:classic_ph34r:

I hate searching for absolutely anything on archiveofourown.org.  Just fuck, I'm trying to find good gen fanfics where a near canon Harry Potter grows up somewhere other than the Dursleys.  Like just Harry Potter, not a female harry potter, not a bloody indian harry potter, not a black harry potter, not a crossdressing harry potter; just Harry Potter with no creepily weird essentially paedophilic 11-year-old sexual relationships, and especially no creepily weird definitely paedophilic 11-year-old sexual relationships with men old enough to be his father, if not his grandfather.

Instead 'cause the bosses at AO3 have some kind of obsession with free tagging and lumping every tag into a single field; it's nearly impossible to search for anything without wading through a dozen other unrelated fanfics; even if you block nearly every tag you can think of.  It's a massive pain and must be nearly impossible for the volunteer tag wranglers to moderate.  

I do a search looking for the character Harry Potter, I choose the category Gen, I then do an or search in the string field with a bunch of tags related to Harry Potter being raised somewhere else. 

When I go through it I get a bunch of fics where Severus Snape is the main character, I get fics where Hermione Granger is the main character, I get fics where Draco Malfoy is the main character.  I have no way of removing them because blocking any of their character tags will block them as secondary characters, or even unrelated characters. 

I then have to literally block around 20-30 relationship tags where Harry Potter is in a relationship with x despite the fanfic being labelled as gen, cause I dunno, authors don't know how to tag shit so they pick every category they can think of?  I have to wade through consolidated fics of oneshots with about a thousand tags.  I have to wade through a dozen OC/X relationships cause they're never properly linked.  

It's just such a huge pain to find anything cause the AO3 devs didn't put enough limits into their system, I want to slap them over the head with fish and like scream at them 'Why you do this? Do you have zero ideas of how to properly design a relational database? Why you doing everything on the list of 'What not to do's' when you first do classes in data science?'. 

It's dealing with two extremes with the two major fanfic archives.  Fanfiction.net with zero tagging and limited categorisation, and AO3 with over-tagging and near unlimited categorisation.  Neither seem to actually do the thing they're designed to which is make it easy for fanfic readers to actually find something to read. 

I just realised I wrote a huge rant about this, but meh, I really do get pissed off when trying to find a good fanfic to read. 

Larian Studios.

Yesterday they had this 'Panel From Hell 2' bollocks to tell us about the upcoming latest patch. Two and a half hours of bollocks. Sound problems at the beginning, technical hitch not long in followed by Swen asking for the smoke machine to be turned off as he was choking.

It was like a 6 year old's themed party with everyone dressed up in silly costumes and talking bollocks that was supposed to be funny (though to be fair, 6yo boys are a lot funnier than anything Larian can manage). Typical Larian - they love their gimmicks.

I skipped through most of it and gave up on the remainder. From what I've since read on the Larian forum the big deal is that Druids will be in the patch (that's the Druids who have been part of D&D since God was a lad) - whoopy-fucking-doo. Lots of bug fixes which you would expect anyway and improvements to the lighting on a game which already looks visually stunning.

They could have revealed all that in half an hour but that would have required treating their customers like adults or at least intelligent minors.

On a brighter note I finished reading Julian's Against The Galileans.

15 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

The snow was actually kinda neat for awhile. Wasn't so much when the pipes busted and the power went out for two days. Have a feeling there will be a slight baby-boom from this as a consequence of needing to stay warm/occupied. Nothing dissolves differences faster than common, immediate necessity, lol. ❤️

Nope. Texas went full nuclear retard as everybody that could use the blackout politically on both sides of the aisle did, including and up to AOC, whom doesn't even know where Texas is on a map.

Except Ted Cruz. Because he was in Cancun fucking off.

The way any subject in existence has been overcomplicated to such an extent that two opposing viewpoints can be valid,

and endless discussions are spawned, 

and feelings are hurt, people are banned, all because the original meaning is open to interpretation.

No parking (except on sundays)

No parking overnight

After 9AM

I asked google what a user's handle meant. It looks like a word from ancient times.

Capture.JPG.f88adb48f84a08ebe278250cb3641e28.JPG

Youtube:"Present active subjunctive" (yada-folderol blah)

my GOD man, listen to yourself!! Or maybe that's all you do, listen to yourself. 

Stuff can be technically true but presented in such an opaque way it becomes meaningless.

On the other hand, nice name (I think)

1 hour ago, 27X said:

Nope. Texas went full nuclear retard as everybody that could use the blackout politically on both sides of the aisle did, including and up to AOC, whom doesn't even know where Texas is on a map.

Except Ted Cruz. Because he was in Cancun fucking off.

I meant the everyday mofo on the ground just trying to make a living to feed their family or whatever. We stick together, comfort and help each other in hard times- the way it should be- 'cause it sure looks like more hard times ahead. This little community is something that I used to despise and wanted to get away from. But life/circumstances kept me here and what I've learned to appreciate is these people's resilience and simple good nature that has seen them through many hard times. You know I can leave my car unlocked most places here and not worry about it? Used to be like that in San Antonio as well, but that was a long time ago.

25 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I meant the everyday mofo on the ground just trying to make a living to feed their family or whatever. We stick together, comfort and help each other in hard times- the way it should be- 'cause it sure looks like more hard times ahead. This little community is something that I used to despise and wanted to get away from. But life/circumstances kept me here and what I've learned to appreciate is these people's resilience and simple good nature that has seen them through many hard times. You know I can leave my car unlocked most places here and not worry about it? Used to be like that in San Antonio as well, but that was a long time ago.

I'd say if anything, the average Texan was a little too 'chill' about the sudden snow storm. Had they maybe acted with a bit of haste, then there would have not been as many people caught off guard without provisions to get them through the period of unprecedented power failure (be it from the power grid or the people in charge of maintaining it).

17 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

I'd say if anything, the average Texan was a little too 'chill' about the sudden snow storm. Had they maybe acted with a bit of haste, then there would have not been as many people caught off guard without provisions to get them through the period of unprecedented power failure (be it from the power grid or the people in charge of maintaining it).

They didn't have to act with haste, they just had to remember when this same thing happened 9 years ago.