What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

What's pissing me off lately is when people bitch about mainstream media and their "nefarious agenda" to manipulate the masses. There seems to be a movement that exists to cast doubt over all of mainstream media for not being totally 100% unbiased in their reporting. But these people are always totally biased themselves and only hate the fact that mainstream news never agrees with them. I think most people want to consume news that agrees with them.

9 hours ago, Seelenlos said:

What's pissing me off lately is when people bitch about mainstream media and their "nefarious agenda" to manipulate the masses. There seems to be a movement that exists to cast doubt over all of mainstream media for not being totally 100% unbiased in their reporting. But these people are always totally biased themselves and only hate the fact that mainstream news never agrees with them. I think most people want to consume news that agrees with them.

Bias is a natural part of human psyche. Everybody is a hypocrite one way or another, some just know when they're the ones being the hypocrites which is the true path to growth. But the claims against mainstream media are not as baseless as you're making them out to be. You can argue that they're very much misplaced, hyperbolic or idiotic at times but not completely baseless. The media has given us more than enough reasons to definitely know they're up to no good and cannot be trusted, at this point they don't even bother hiding their intentions anymore. Just because the doubters can be biased in their own ways doesn't mean their concerns should be dismissed.

May surprise some of you, but cats.  MY friggin' cat to be precise. 

He follows me toward OUR (apparently) room, as usual, but then turns off toward the bathroom.  Oh yeah?  I wait 30 seconds or so, then walk in behind him.  He's standing on the side of the bathtub.  Looks at me.  Okay, says I, so I sit on the toilet and start to remove a shoe.  Something to keep me there to see what he does.  What does he do?  He hops down and urinates in the bathtub.  The kicker?  The TWO litter boxes were not just cleaned, but given entirely new, fresh, litter two days ago.

This explains why someone asked about the urine smell in the tub a while back.

Sigh.

Remind me again why I love this furrball.

Damn cat!

I know this is very first world of me but what pisses me off is inconsiderate people. You know, the ones who can't be bothered to do little things that would take them little time and effort but, by not doing it, they place a greater burden on those around them. Like:

• people who don't know what the little lever on the right side of their steering column is for. Not only can they not be bothered to use it when changing lanes but it's too much trouble to use it when turning. Apparently, it's better to simply slow down for no apparent reason until you come to your turn and thereby keeping the person behind you confused about whether you can be safely passed. After all, you wouldn't want them to have any extra time.
  • people who can't be bothered to wipe their shoes/boots/crocs before entering a public place. Most stores, etc. have mats for this nowadays (as recommended by their attorneys to prevent falls) but some people (despite tracking in ice and snow and slush and mud) are too good or too important to wipe off their footwear. Thus, people wind up with falls despite the best efforts of owners everywhere.
  • people who have to have their cell phone conversations in the middle of the aisle in the store. They can't be bothered to get out of the way of others. They can't be bothered to tell their caller "hey, I'm in the middle of something; let me call you back in a few minutes." No, everyone else in the world needs to realize that they are less important than the person on the phone and give way without complaint. After all, making a big deal of their selfishness would make me the asshole, right?

Thanks for listening. I feel better now.

The corporate conundrum of woe that always leaves someone getting fucked figuratively (1 employee to do a job that should take 5 but can't due to budget cuts) or literally (sexual predators in the entertainment industry that if outed put a lot of people out of work and thus they are protected).

History is intended to be learned so that we do not repeat the mistakes of the past.  Yet it seems more and more people are just ignored the lessons of the past.  Blinded by the possibility that they may be wrong.  That they may look bad or the "I'm a good person and this is for the good of everyone".  Yet when you can point to several past events and several current events and they are the same, what then?

Well I'm not ranting tonight and I don't want to say anything impetuous.  So let me leave you with some wisdom.  Run or Fight.  If you can't fight, run.  If you can't run, fight.  If you can't do both, then you better have some good friends.

On 2/2/2021 at 3:47 AM, Dio_Wolf49 said:

The corporate conundrum of woe that always leaves someone getting fucked figuratively (1 employee to do a job that should take 5 but can't due to budget cuts) or literally (sexual predators in the entertainment industry that if outed put a lot of people out of work and thus they are protected).

History is intended to be learned so that we do not repeat the mistakes of the past.  Yet it seems more and more people are just ignored the lessons of the past.  Blinded by the possibility that they may be wrong.  That they may look bad or the "I'm a good person and this is for the good of everyone".  Yet when you can point to several past events and several current events and they are the same, what then?

Well I'm not ranting tonight and I don't want to say anything impetuous.  So let me leave you with some wisdom.  Run or Fight.  If you can't fight, run.  If you can't run, fight.  If you can't do both, then you better have some good friends.

"Only fools learn from their mistakes.  The wise learn from the mistakes of others"  -- some old person.   Too bad there is only a finite amount of wisdom for the human race, so as the population grows............

It takes so many things to happen for shit to go right and yet, so few things to go wrong and fuck things up entirely. It's like in movies where you see someone work really hard to clean something up or fix it just so life can drop a fiery asteroid on it as soon as they're done- it used to be funny when I thought it was the exception, not the rule.

This reminds me of that other case a while ago where a girl shot his boyfriend with a desert eagle through a phonebook because they thought the book would be able to stop the bullet and they'll get a lot of views off of it. Or the various people that died due to eating tidepods back when it was the new hot meme.

Point being, some people are surprisingly dumb and it's kinda infuriating. I don't know how anyone in their right conscience can think these actions aren't flat out retarded. I mean what the fuck went wrong in their lives that lead them to think of and doing such stupid shit?

As cynical as this will sound...

There's a lot of (in my mind, highly valid) reasons why I:

A. Have avoided as much social media as possible pretty much since there was such a thing as 'the net'.

B. Believe strongly in the concept of "The Darwin Awards".

If people allow themselves to remain this ignorant and uninformed, and then die doing really stupid shit that even those of really low intelligence know is probably a bad plan, well.. I can't say I have a hell of a lot of compassion.  Sure.. there's a certain amount of room for cases where someone really had no idea what they were doing was that stupid and dangerous.  I can't really think of good examples offhand, but I'm quite certain it happens.  That said, I'm not really sure how things have changed so drastically that we just believe everything - so long as you can find it on the internet, it MUST be true.  Back in my day, we grew up to be skeptical at a minimum, and even if we weren't, no force on this planet could have ever convinced me that it was a good idea to fire a gun at anything I did not absolutely wish dead or destroyed, or to ingest cleaning products and synthetic, toxic chemicals.  I don't care how many "cool kids" are doing it.

Meh.  Much as I don't do that whole YouTube/Twitch/whatever follow channels and whatnot thing, I know it's quite prevalent in modern culture, so yeah.. I gotta agree.  This monkey see, monkey do thing IS extremely annoying.  Reminds me of the idiot antics back when "Jackass" was the "shiny new thing" - And I thought that was really stupid too, for the record.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Otaku said:

This reminds me of that other case a while ago where a girl shot his boyfriend with a desert eagle through a phonebook because they thought the book would be able to stop the bullet and they'll get a lot of views off of it. Or the various people that died due to eating tidepods back when it was the new hot meme.

Point being, some people are surprisingly dumb and it's kinda infuriating. I don't know how anyone in their right conscience can think these actions aren't flat out retarded. I mean what the fuck went wrong in their lives that lead them to think of and doing such stupid shit?

I loved this quote... but it's proving time and again to be false.

19 hours ago, Mr. Otaku said:

I was going to bring that up until I read your post. The only victims out of all of that stupidity were the children for having really stupid parents. She was pregnant with their second at the time of them both doing that stunt. You know, I'm pro-life, but sometimes I just want to have exceptions. Definitely mom of that year...Now imagine being one of the children in school in the future and being called a bastard and made fun of for having a murderer for a mother. They set those kids up to be made fun of due to today's world.

On 2/9/2021 at 5:49 AM, Mr. Otaku said:

Knowing or suspecting that you are of low intelligence shows an awareness of ones limitations and therefore, is rather intelligence.    Therefore, only the truly smart know they are stupid, while the truly stupid think they are smart.  

Another variation on this is: Trust people who either know what they don't know or don't know anything about subject X,  because those people are less likely to make bad assumptions.   Never trust those who think they know everything about subject X.

The dumb bitch who thought it was a good idea to use gorilla glue in her hair.  She wants to sue the company and she is getting $12,500 procedure for free from the surgeon.  If only there was a way for us as society to keep people like her from breeding.

Gorilla Glue Girl

7 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Knowing or suspecting that you are of low intelligence shows an awareness of ones limitations and therefore, is rather intelligence

If only that were true. Forest Gump knew he didn't know plenty of things others did and that unfortunately didn't make him any smarter. What it did do is give him greater character- which is more important than any measure of intelligence in my estimation.

A) Censorship in Art driven by an imposed artificial 'inappropriate', Ideology of the many, of the Masses, driven from the top, the allegedly Wrong, by someone Prejudices, no objectively Wrong, the imposed questionable Bad... (There are a lot of Examples, and I don't want to open any Controversy about them here I know how that ends, here are a few, which I don't agree with, but I accept the Rules here, to be here, artificial Censorship/Controversies, like 'Age in 2D/3D artificial/fictional Characters'... which is a Fallacy and Law Fraud where it applies... as Fictional Draws/Renders have no Rights, neither are Persons, no Feelings, no 'Crimes against them'...

B) Masses as they are Lambs/Slaves, ready to the slaughterhouse, who don't deserve Democracy or self-Power, as they are autodestructive (Bees, Ants at least collaborate to each other), incapable of build strong Bonds, Human Bonds, beyond Money, with People near them, to evolve Society through modern Tribes, Groups of Families instead of this 'Society of Masses' driven by selfish individual Competition... who ends in 'Old Mans and Old Womans, living alone, dying alone, ignored by the rest' and driven by Money, they are selfish and deserve to be controlled by the Wolves on top (Wolves who value Power, and Bonds beyond Money which is a Tool not an End),  as they don't want really to be free and evolve their Lifes... because they are afraid of Freedom... Masses who are spreading Hate and Conflict between each other on the Internet, etc, without Constructivism, etc while Masters toast with (insert here any high-Class Drink)

C) Hypocrites, Ignorants, and Naysayers (some people have the three Adjectives, the Bingo), Masses are composed by many of these ones, Types ready to win a Darwin Prize, fighting to each other...

- Hypocrites: (they have neither principles, neither, 'Order' (Hypo-Kratos, Lack of Order) in their Minds, Priorities, or any Ideology, they break their own Rules... they say one Thing and they do the opposite), I prefer Cynical ones, at least they accept the Paradox among the Principles, and are clever and more sincere.

- Ignorants: (they don't know and they despise People who know, and they think they know, they despise who teach and who knows, they want to be the only who knows and they don't want others to learn, they are lazy-destructive Bastards... in the End) they perform Sabotage across the Internet in every Thread, and Topic they can, you can identify them instantly, because their Reactions, their Messages have the same negative Intentions always... They are too the usual unpolite, unkind, savage Bastards without any kind of Manners, Education and ungrateful ones, the Savages ones...

- Naysayers: (all that people on the Internet, negative, destructive and, who spends most of their Time, fighting against others Desires, Constructivism, Ideas, expressing Dislikes and 'Shit Stuff', Conflicts, instead of sharing positive Stuff, Likes, and being close to 'People or stuff they Like', usually because they are so so broken, empty, they don't love/like anything, People which own Objective is Destruction of others Ideas, Messages, and Thoughts with bad-Intentions, destructive Messages, etc...

... as you noticed, unfortunately, The Net, Internet, at least big Fish Nets (Social Media) is full of Hypocrites, Ignorants and Naysayers, all they share 'Lack of Education, Lack of Knowledge and Lack of self-Freedom, as well then,  professional Intoxicators, spreading mis-Information, Noise every day on the Network... so being away from that seems reasonable, this professional Intoxicators, just feed the Trolls, and earn Money from all that 'Destructive Net Behaviour', and encourage the Ignorants and the Naysayers to fight to others and to spread the 'Eco of Violence' across the Internet...

... as long people is 'discussing about Nonsense' in a destructive/conflictive Way, as long they are not on 'the Way of Collaboration, Freedom, Sharing, etc" that would cause the Evolution of their Lives, or finding the Responses to the real Answers... and that is not interesting for their Masters...

For all the above is easier, healthier, and better, to not spend too much Time with 'Those Masses' and those 'kind of Users' on the Internet, People driven by Bad Intentions, Bad Thoughts, flooded with own self-Frustration, and dying slowly on the inside, trying to catch others to their Doom Pit...

Just don't lose your Life, your Strength, your Stamina, Happiness with the wrong People... do yourself that Favor (that is an obvious Lesson, but not-so obvious it seems)

I could add the 'Monkeys'/The Jokers, and People addicted to 'the Laugh' afraid to the serious Stuff, but as a Fan of the Comedy, and the Laughs, I think that is the lesser problems of the Internet (that a Joke, a Meme, and nervous Monkey Laugh has more Inertia, for sharing than Knowledge, elaborated Information, important Information...)

... that is the Madness, Violence, destructive Behaviour, and the, the nervous Monkey Laughs, as the Alcohol for (healing) the Feeling/Wounds, then repeat... LOL

There are a lot of Types of Users/Humans, but Hypocrites, Ignorants and Naysayers as destructive/toxic they are, are the worst of our Internet... they spread Clouds, and Mist, in our radiant Sunlight driven clear Day... they spread Storms in our gentle Spring Rainfall...

I am not interested in discussing this, it is just 'a one-Direction Thought' if you disagree, it is ok, for me, enjoy the Way, but I don't want to argue (I know how it ends every Time, as I did plenty of Times, it not needed anymore).

People who focus on constructive Discussions are People who I love, others I prefer to ignore, I don't even want to hate, nobody, better to ignore Wolves, than fight against them, if it is not needed, being prepared to that, in case the Fight becomes inevitable one Day.

... if Ignorants want to remain that way, Naysayers, Hypocrites, or 'Monkey Humans', I only ask they don' bother the others, who want to evolve, to be free, to be better, to be really happy, and who want to survive beyond their Masters.

But no Pessimism here, there are plenty of nice, great, good, People on the Internet and IRL, just you need to find them, and take care of them, as they will take care of you.

PD: I don't even know, why I am bothering to share this Message here, but well, sometimes I am not so pessimistic about 'The Net', maybe Someone, at least one, would 'catch' the main Idea, and will not focus on my Grammar, my Uppercase Syntax, etc.. or their destructive Feelings when they read this (assuming Someone reads it, that would already be a Milestone),

... is a Tragegy... how much People on the Internet, has 'Allergy' to any kind of Message, with a few Lines, calling them 'Wall of Text', but well, we are, currently in the limited-Character-Messages, Timeline, Era... most People spent plenty Hours per Week reading one-Line Comments, but they doesn't read any Kind of Article Book, so their Minds collapse and going to Involution.

Cheers

3 hours ago, TheOzoneHole said:

Got into the shower and go to wash my face and realize "oh, no washcloth....crap, my towels are still in the closet."  And it's below zero so the house is freezing even with the heat on and the closet is in the bedroom. 

What sucks even more is having tile floor and walking soaked wet and trying not to slip while taking baby steps. I had to go to the hallway one time because I didn't have a spare and it was in the dry machine. And what sucks even more than that is then having to wipe down the floor from your wet foot prints and droplets from your body.

Lauded RPG's written by people who think that the sort of teen fiction sold to school libraries and read by no one is the level you should aim at. If I have to go on another missing lesbian hunt or have to read convoluted dialog which ends up with the subject having some sort of sexual preference with no actual reason in the context of the story, other than for box ticking points, I'll ... probably just roll my eyes, again.... (and then go on a virtual killing spree). If you are writing this sort of thing then just stop. Express your ideas better. (or at least think about how it actually matters in the story).

Oh and women's voices toned in the raspy bored 'seen everything' early twenties, (age not decade), voice style. Lauren Bacall did it better in the 1940's and you can't compete.

People using old holocaust photos for *impact!!/drama!!!* or posing as holocaust victims and thinking that shit is some kind of modern artistic expression. I suppose it works for people who are constantly trying to one-up each other playing the victim of some imaginary bs or another, but it is grossly insulting to those that actually had to endure it. And they had no silly dark fantasies of being dominated and dehumanized by others.