What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

1 hour ago, AKM said:

How do you propose to restrict travel and still keep the economy going

Wouldn't surprise me to see Homeland Security and maybe the National Guard mobilized if things seem like they're getting outta control. What else are you going to do about stupid people that travel all over the fuckin country, touching and breathing on others during this shit? This ain't the time for a trip to Disneyland cause Mickey might bitch-slap yo ass right into quarantine, folks.

Isn't that sort of like reckless endangerment? I could totally make a case for that if I had sold my soul to be a lawyer.

2 hours ago, AKM said:

economy going

That is the only thing that matters here money and taxes many still believe it is a hoax ...sad really SMH

1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Homeland Security and maybe the National Guard mobilized

Not sure that will work in a country with more weapons than people.... you also have to remember those HS and guardsman have families too I think it is going to be one big shit show. The lack of leadership from the dumpster-fire in the Capital really does not help either.

23 minutes ago, Horatius_PL said:

Classic communist deflection - "our system isnt so bad because capitalism isnt
perfect".

I rest my case.

What even? I was talking about extremists and you said NO ONLY SJWS BAD. /pol/ and stormfront have nothing to do with capitalism, I don't know what you're talking about.

7 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

That is the only thing that matters here money and taxes many still believe it is a hoax ...sad really SMH

Uh... what?  Consider the fact that most of the world do NOT grow their own food, nor do they have access to potable water supplies.  Therefore, such things must be brought in.  Hence, economy.

Most of these essential supplies organizations such as grocery stores only have a reserve of a few days.  When you get panic buying (because few people, preppers aside, think of this kind of thing before it happens), you rapidly deplete available supply, as demand suddenly dramatically outstrips supply.  Restoring the diminished supply requires that the economy be intact, which requires travel.

55 minutes ago, AKM said:

Uh... what?  Consider the fact that most of the world do NOT grow their own food, nor do they have access to potable water supplies.  Therefore, such things must be brought in.  Hence, economy.

Most of these essential supplies organizations such as grocery stores only have a reserve of a few days.  When you get panic buying (because few people, preppers aside, think of this kind of thing before it happens), you rapidly deplete available supply, as demand suddenly dramatically outstrips supply.  Restoring the diminished supply requires that the economy be intact, which requires travel.

A travel ban means that private travel is banned, not the import/export of goods. Which will probably be limited to necessary supplies such as medicine and food, though.

20 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

A travel ban means that private travel is banned, not the import/export of goods. Which will probably be limited to necessary supplies such as medicine and food, though.

Yea... what do people think is happening.. people are working on a ship and stop at a port to party? WTF...? They don't get off the boat. They do their job and depart. This isn't some round about way to get somewhere and party. 

Or... chuckle... t he shipments were held up while the Cruse ships were in quarantine recently... because all our shipments secretly go through Cruise ships...

On a separate note.. I went to an electronics store. They were limiting fucking laptop and monitor purchase (likely more) and the store was stupid busy on their slowest day/hour ... I made a comment and a associate stated it was as busy as Christmas holiday... WTF?  Seriously... People are stocking up on TP and bottled water as if the world is ending but have to go and get there 5 laptops.. because.. just because...

59 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

On a separate note.. I went to an electronics store. They were limiting fucking laptop and monitor purchase (likely more) and the store was stupid busy on their slowest day/hour ... I made a comment and a associate stated it was as busy as Christmas holiday... WTF?  Seriously... People are stocking up on TP and bottled water as if the world is ending but have to go and get there 5 laptops.. because.. just because...

Over here, people are advised to work from home as much as possible (obviously only a possibility for few people), and all schools, clubs, bars, restaurants, cinemas and what not are closed for a couple of weeks. I'd imagine laptop and pc sales would increase under those circumstances. Alleviating boredom is just as essential as wiping your butt. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a Steam sale coming out of all that.

16 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see Homeland Security and maybe the National Guard mobilized...

One of my neighbors' kids is a combat medic in the National Guard.  He's on standby.

The 'panic buying' where I live is at a minimum for now.  The only people freaking out are the townies who moved here from Austin a few years ago, but they're fucking urban Democrats so they're not prepared for anything.  The chain grocery store ran out of toilet paper, bottled water, hand sanitizer...and cheap instant Ramen noodles of all things.  There was a run on milk and eggs too.

I'm not a prepper by any means but I keep a well stocked pantry of food I normally eat.  Everything is on rotation so the only extra stuff I bought was shit that's a pain to make or stuff I don't grow (lard, corn meal, flour, cooking oil, etc.)  I can get yard eggs for free.  Feral hogs are everywhere so there's plenty of fresh meat, but butchering them is fucking nasty.

The only thing that might be difficult to get is milk since everyone raises beef cows now.  It wouldn't take much to get a beef cow giving good milk; cut her from the herd with an orphaned calf and feed her nothing but fresh coastal hay and sorghum silage.  Within a month her milk would be sweet and creamy.

I'll be sitting pretty when the assholes in Houston, Austin and San Antonio are resorting to eating one another.  :classic_tongue:

I am so ready for summer. Sick of winter weather. And REALLY sick of the Corana panic. Can't wait for the warm weather to kick that fraud death plague to the curb. At this point I'd rather deal with the disease than the people freaking out over it.

EDIT: No sooner than I typed this and went to Youtube did I get a damn PSA popup about that stupid virus? No getting away....

19 hours ago, Daedric_Cat said:

I feel for your friend. That sucks. That is one of my concerns about this whole thing, how hard it would be to get hospital treatment for any other sickness or injury. Just have to be careful to not get sick or hurt.

I gave his family a Nintendo Mini I hacked full of classic games translated to Spanish. That really seemed to put him and his kids into a good mood at least.

19 hours ago, Daedric_Cat said:

Gloves, lol. I bet it's easy to buy gloves. One person at work was being ridiculous by not touching door handles, trying to open everything with elbows. Never mind that it's the cleanest place outside the hospitals. They even put extra hand sanitizers in the halls for extra measure.

I feel for your friend. That sucks. That is one of my concerns about this whole thing, how hard it would be to get hospital treatment for any other sickness or injury. Just have to be careful to not get sick or hurt.

This is worse than going through a hurricane or a blizzard.

Isn't odd that we find ourselves in this same position over and over again?

Spoiler

2 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

Over here, people are advised to work from home as much as possible (obviously only a possibility for few people), and all schools, clubs, bars, restaurants, cinemas and what not are closed for a couple of weeks. I'd imagine laptop and pc sales would increase under those circumstances. Alleviating boredom is just as essential as wiping your butt. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a Steam sale coming out of all that.

Yes, there were those.  Mainly the reason for limiting the purchases. Apparently they also prevent (where possible) sales to vendors (apparently so that they don't do re-sale of these items at a significant price increase)  But ... there were people coming in to stock up on hard drives and other t hings.

The crazy (not so crazy really) was those that came in to do computer builds.  Guess they figure they have the money, the stock is in and they might be off work for awhile m ight has well get some gaming in..

Might be nice for a good Steam / Origin / GOG sale.  On that thought, perhaps some discounts on game subscriptions (for online play ) etc would be called for as well.

Side note, I was trying to jump on Destiny II and was having some trouble for about 15 minutes. Guess the servers were being hammered.

I wish this crazy ness stops soon. FFS.. they are even closing down churches in my area... BUT... 100's of people can fight in Cosco for TP .. WTF

20 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

What even? I was talking about extremists and you said NO ONLY SJWS BAD.

I never said that.

/pol/ and stormfront have nothing to do with capitalism, I don't know what you're talking about.

It was a metaphor. Pretty apt metaphor given how social justice whiners are just communists in a new paintjob.

And i love how you have to compare a niche ANONYMOUS forum and open social media platform where people post shit under their own names, with bio full of places they work in/people they work for. 
It really hammers home how fucked our society have become that people can be openly racists and sexists but only when its against the "right" kind of people. And they suffer no consequences for it while their ideological enemies have to resort to anonymous shitposting on some weird platform to even have a voice.

Damn, the government just shut the entire country (Finland) down for a month.  I hope it doesn't need to be extended.

But i'm glad the girl power government did find some (proverbial) balls after all ?

1 hour ago, Horatius_PL said:

I never said that.

It was a metaphor. Pretty apt metaphor given how social justice whiners are just communists in a new paintjob.

And i love how you have to compare a niche ANONYMOUS forum and open social media platform where people post shit under their own names, with bio full of places they work in/people they work for. 
It really hammers home how fucked our society have become that people can be openly racists and sexists but only when its against the "right" kind of people. And they suffer no consequences for it while their ideological enemies have to resort to anonymous shitposting on some weird platform to even have a voice.

And just like 4chan, twitter isn't representative of the real world. Just because people feed you bullshit twitter screencaps all day long this doesn't mean that this reflects how people actually think. Yes, SJWs are in bed with big tech but that's about it. If they were as influental as everybody makes them out to be the 2016 election wouldn't have gone the way it did.

12 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

And just like 4chan, twitter isn't representative of the real world. Just because people feed you bullshit twitter screencaps all day long this doesn't mean that this reflects how people actually think. Yes, SJWs are in bed with big tech but that's about it. If they were as influental as everybody makes them out to be the 2016 election wouldn't have gone the way it did.

They're plenty influential as you can see by playing any game or watching any media made in the last six years. Painting a broad brush by countering a broadly painted brush isn't exactly conducive to either conversation or topical diving.

30 minutes ago, 27X said:

They're plenty influential as you can see by playing nay game or watching any media made in the last six years. Painting a broad brush by countering a broadly painted brush isn't exactly conducive to either conversation or topical diving.

Influencing mostly irrelevant entertainment isn't what I'd consider relevant influence. They're also not very successful in what they do (hence the get woke go broke meme). It's a clique of - relatively speaking - very few people that reinforce their own biases and views over and over via their engineered filter bubbles. These are people that spend so much time sanitizing their social media feed to the point where there's nobody left that might disagree with them and eventually coming to the conclusion that everybody must think like they do because that's all they see.

4 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

Shutting down businesses (big and small) is going to make the situation much much worse. If we (the world) had simply ignored it, I think the death tole from this virus would have been less than what it will do now. The flip is seeing what Italy is going through with nearly 2K dead, and their hospitals way over capacity, so much so people who have cancer treatments or other ailments are being refused treatment (pretty much left to possibly die). I, personally, do not know the safer course, but I would not have opted for any business to shut down, that would kill the healthy, along with the sick. 

But that's exactly the danger of the virus, clogging up the health care facilities. As such it's important to keep the number of infections at any given time as low as possible to the people that need medical care can actually get it. Ignoring it would have much more severe outcomes because the number of cases would explode even more.