What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

It's idiotic responses to crises like this that remind me why I have no faith in humanity. I'm praying the rumors that survivors of the c-virus are rendered sterile is true. Dog knows we could stand a little chlorine in the gene pool. I've already done my part.

Considering the behavior I've seen, I hope exposure to the virus alone will cause sterility.

I went into a store yesterday, plenty of paper towels, tissues, diapers, sanitary napkins. No one is buying. Toilet paper? People lose their frickin minds.

13 hours ago, ToJKa said:

The virus is already over in China. Apparently it helps to be a totalitarian regime that can seal people in their own homes ?

You know what happens when they declare a state of emergency, right?  It means no one is allowed to the formerly public meetings where they make the decisions regarding everyone else. This means that they can then make any decision they want without consulting the public or the public's input.  Ta da, instant totalitarian regime by default.  And no, while they can't force people to stay in their homes they can arrest those who are out during mandatory curfews.  This whole "not a totalitarian State" can go totalitarian so friggin' quickly most people won't even recognize what's about to happen until it's done and over with.  The only question that will remain is: "When (or if) the special powers given those in power under a state of emergency will be lifted?"  There is precedent for that sort of thing, rules made in the 1930's, etc. that never got rescinded because the current generation thought such mesures were needed at the time, and the next generation thought noting of it, as that's what they'd grown up under, so "that's how it's always been" for them.

42 minutes ago, Horatius_PL said:

^This.

Its very easy to give away the freedom, getting it back after the problem is over takes ages.

All because some chinese retard ate a fucking bat. 

bats aren't any more dangerous to consume than any other mammal. The fact that it was uncooked does raise eyebrows though.

17 hours ago, ToJKa said:

The virus is already over in China. Apparently it helps to be a totalitarian regime that can seal people in their own homes ?

This is perhaps the dumbest thing you've ever said. It's going be the same time frame as SARS/MERS and the original strain has already mutated, and three people in europe have already caught it twice.

53 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

bats aren't any more dangerous to consume than any other mammal. The fact that it was uncooked does raise eyebrows though.

Bats carry WAY more diseases than most mammals, as is common in animals that eat all kinds of insects without much regard for taste or habitat.

After what I saw today on Twitter I'm ready for the Mad Max level apocalypse, or a new Civil War.  COVID-19 was trending as 'Boomer Remover' on Twitter.  These STUPID FUCKING Millennials and GenZ kids were cheering that a disease has the potential to kill their parents and grandparents.  And if you go to the profiles of the assholes retweeting it they all have rainbow flags, their preferred pronouns, 'Comrade' with sickle and hammer icons, and all the other ridiculous bullshit useless fucks like that wave around.  They were goddamned laughing about people dying.  And they weren't being edgy bois or shit posting since their entire feeds are full of hateful 'burn it all down' cunt Marxist stupidity.

It's no surprise that people are panicking with the way the media sensationalizes everything. One headline after another of "This Will Get Worse!" to "It's Not Going Away Soon!". People are too stupid to realize their being played and milked for everything they're worth. I'm telling you the media has us by the balls and is never going to let go.

We unwittingly give our enemies the blueprints to our demise.

53 minutes ago, 27X said:

Bats carry WAY more diseases than most mammals, as is common in animals that eat all kinds of insects without much regard for taste or habitat.

I figured I might be wrong on this. I still can't help but wonder. Is this a call to quit eating animal products?

As for me, I'm fine with whatever as long as it isn't boring.

19 hours ago, ToJKa said:

China has probably the most effective pandemic response capabilities of any Country in the world. With their autocratic government they can take incredibly fast unilateral action such as quarantining 10s of millions of people at the drop of a hat. If you're in China and want to go anywhere, they will continually check your temperature wherever you go before you can enter any building. If you want to get on a bus, get on a train, go to a restaurant, go to your apartment complex, etc. you will get your temperature checked at each place. If anyone has a fever, they get sent to special flu clinics that were setup during China's SARS days that are separate from regular hospitals where all the medical staff are in full protective gear, so the virus doesn't spread to doctors, nurses, other patients, or people in waiting rooms, etc. These clinics do incredibly efficient blood tests, flu tests, CT-Scans, and if any of these return positive, they do on-site COVID tests where you are made to wait several hours until the results come back, not allowed to leave or go home. If you're positive, they don't allow for home isolation or home quarantine where patients may possibly spread it to other family members, people get taken to special quarantine centers and kept there until they're clear for release. 

This is how China got the numbers down so much. People who are saying that COVID will blow over in 3 months because that's how long it took for China to get it under control have no idea what they're talking about, because in order for that to be true, other countries would need to do what China did to get the numbers down in the first place. - There are no other countries taking the necessary steps of aggressively hunting down the virus in society and enforcing mandatory tests and population management because it would involve abandoning a lot of western-society freedoms as well as building up to China's level of pandemic response infrastructure that they developed due to being ground 0 for SARS.

I'm not saying that China's an all around shining example though because they did pull some stupid shit to start off with such as arresting journalists that were trying to report on early COVID cases, and that helped the virus get out of China in the first place. And not to mention, COVID wouldn't even have transmitted to humans if it wasn't for the ridiculous wet markets of Wuhan... But, when it comes to pandemic response, there's no other country on the planet like them.

Unfortunately, for the rest of us in Western society, we're likely in for a rough couple of years.

10 minutes ago, Tyrant99 said:

There are no other countries

South Korea is on a good path as well, it seems :classic_happy: And I might want to add Taiwan, Singapore and a few others, too. But I havn't seen current statistcs, so I might be behind.

But all have in common to take it seriously from day 1.

10 minutes ago, worik said:

South Korea is on a good path as well, it seems :classic_happy: And I might want to add Taiwan, Singapore and a few others, too. But I havn't seen current statistcs, so I might be behind.

But all have in common to take it seriously from day 1.

Yes, you're right, South Korea has done an amazing job with testing and has been managing it pretty well:

image.png.ee8889bb689b10baa4e935fd439060b9.png

China has nearly shut it down:

image.png.20d087580e30671d58996e86208882c1.png

I'm in the States, and damn, this trend is no good:

image.png.9b79bc81a3b5ab22437e0f7f28bb76d6.png

2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

It's no surprise that people are panicking with the way the media sensationalizes everything. One headline after another of "This Will Get Worse!" to "It's Not Going Away Soon!". People are too stupid to realize their being played and milked for everything they're worth. I'm telling you the media has us by the balls and is never going to let go.

We unwittingly give our enemies the blueprints to our demise.

>There's nothing to worry about

>It's just a flu bro

>Well it may look bad in China but it won't reach us

>Well okay it has reached us but there's zero reason for concern

>Okay, we have quite a few infected but no further actions are necessary since it will blow over soon

>Nvm it's actually a pandemic, shut down everything!

It's no wonder people are confused and angry, they've lost trust in both the media and the government because they simply allowed it to happen. All for hoping that his might blow over soon and that they won't be affected by it, meanwhile scientists got ignored since the outbreak started in China. Like I said, the virus itself is quite harmless when it comes to the individual level (but still quite a bit more deadly than the flu), the real problem is when the health care system collapses, which is happening in Italy right now where doctors now have to decide which patients get treatment and which don't, simply because there isn't enough equipment to treat the severe cases which are estimated around 17% now iirc (12% get a severe version of the disease and 5% go into critical condition). If the number of infected climbs exponentially, you have much more people that need treatment and much more people that won't get treatment so they're likely going to die, which means that the death rate will also climb.

My guess is that people are stockpiling because they fear that the infrastructure and economy of their country will break down and if that happens, you don't want to be caught with your pants down. We do have developed a false sense of security over time since the last big catastrophes in our history were WW1 and WW2, so people think nothing will ever really change because they haven't experienced anything too drastic in their lifetimes yet. This doesn't mean that this virus will usher in the apocalypse but the carefree attitude is what's gotten us into this mess in the first place. I do blame the media however for being sensationalist during every fucking outbreak, people got desensitized to the topic over time. It's a classic example of the boy who cried wolf.

6 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

None of your retard post is remotely funny. People are dying and losing their livelihoods because of this virus.

Shouldnt eat that bat then, Chang.

inb4 another pearlclutcher gets butthurt - i work in the hospital, i have a right to joke about these things. Get over it.

*sigh* People are sending death threats to content creators again. I get death threats but if it is because some fictional character showed a little nudity then clearly those people are mental. Now Psychologists please back me up here but they are not just a little mental but very mentally unstable. Yes the SJWs are at it again. I'm of course talking about how anime is perceived in the U.S. of A. Is it too much to ask that these people keep to themselves? Anime didn't break into your house, rape your wife, steal your kids and kick your dog. If you think they did then you might have what is called the schizophrenia and should get serious help.

I dare say the name Social Justice Warrior seems too nice. How about Call The Waambulance. CTW for short. Also Anime is for kids apparently because adult cartoons don't exist in western media. I mean you can forget about Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Rick and Morty might as well be in a different plane of reality.

24 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

*sigh* People are sending death threats to content creators again. I get death threats but if it is because some fictional character showed a little nudity then clearly those people are mental. Now Psychologists please back me up here but they are not just a little mental but very mentally unstable. Yes the SJWs are at it again. I'm of course talking about how anime is perceived in the U.S. of A. Is it too much to ask that these people keep to themselves? Anime didn't break into your house, rape your wife, steal your kids and kick your dog. If you think they did then you might have what is called the schizophrenia and should get serious help.

I dare say the name Social Justice Warrior seems too nice. How about Call The Waambulance. CTW for short. Also Anime is for kids apparently because adult cartoons don't exist in western media. I mean you can forget about Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Rick and Morty might as well be in a different plane of reality.

Social Justice Whiners are easy to defeat. Just hold ranks and ignore their whining and let the money do the talking.

What is absolutely infuriating is that people still fail to keep their composure after all those examples of sjw giving up with their harassment.

30 minutes ago, Horatius_PL said:

Social Justice Whiners are easy to defeat. Just hold ranks and ignore their whining and let the money do the talking.

What is absolutely infuriating is that people still fail to keep their composure after all those examples of sjw giving up with their harassment.

So the answer is to do nothing. Wow. Really boring. What do I do now?

3 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

My guess is that people are stockpiling because they fear that the infrastructure and economy of their country will break down and if that happens, you don't want to be caught with your pants down. We do have developed a false sense of security over time since the last big catastrophes in our history were WW1 and WW2, so people think nothing will ever really change because they haven't experienced anything too drastic in their lifetimes yet. This doesn't mean that this virus will usher in the apocalypse but the carefree attitude is what's gotten us into this mess in the first place. I do blame the media however for being sensationalist during every fucking outbreak, people got desensitized to the topic over time. It's a classic example of the boy who cried wolf.

The excessive stockpiling (10 packs of 24 rolls of tp) is bad because it's keeping stores open, keeping factories working overtime, keeping transportation going 24/7, gas, suppliers to the companies, etc, etc, which means too many people having to go out and about increasing the risk of spreading the virus and exposure. I work at a place that produces critical medical items that are needed to save lives, so we can't shut down. However, we're deeply curtailing unnecessary activity to minimize the exposure to the virus.

People do need to understand the need for calm and rational response to the situation.