What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

10 hours ago, Mr. Trigun said:

Jesus Fuckin' Christ...we truly do live in a clown world, don't we? :classic_blink:

Nah, you're just seeing people whom never suffered actual hardship or wont literally make up reasons to "struggle is real". If you don't live in America or Britain or Australia, you'll find the instances of this go way way down.

24 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

I don't get it, most of those are proper general alternatives in real language.

Sure they're trying to get away from "man" but it seems perfectly reasonable to me except the humankind one.

That one's a little bit of a stretch since "human" isn't a gendered noun anyway like landlord or husband is, it's just our species.

Human.

Oh noes! The triggered people are triggered! I'm sure they'll figure something out cause the human race is smart. Oh... I did it again...

Also there is something about having a person's title being that of a chair that I find quite kinky.

16 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Regular people aren't going to play the Orwellian New-Speak word game.  It's stupid.

Seriously.. what the literal hell.

There is one thing being respectful and using a preferred pronoun for a trans person but trying to change names of languages because they are "gendered"...

6 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Leftist are trying reform Hispanic to have Latino/Latina replaced with 'Latinx'.  White Liberals are telling brown Latinos to abandon their culture and language.

Well someone has to.   I mean Mexico is grappling with a serious criminal activity threatening their society (recent protests by women trying to interrupt AMLO's speech).   I am sure they are saying  " Thank God to those Gringos to the north.   Now we will be armed with the language to fight the corruption, drug fueled criminal activity and destruction of young lives". 

I suppose the golden rule "Don't be  a dick" isn't applicable anymore?

2 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Regular people aren't going to play the Orwellian New-Speak word game.  It's stupid.

This is the brainstorming process in the evolution of language. It is like politics but on a smaller scale. They'll figure it out eventually... hopefully ?

50 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

This is the brainstorming process in the evolution of language. It is like politics but on a smaller scale. They'll figure it out eventually... hopefully ?

Society is part of the process... (of evolution of language) most of the time.  However, you can't force society to adopt new ways, words and/or spellings. It takes time to settle. We are at a point where the vast majority of the public (in most countries) will use reasonable preferred pronouns if obvious or informed / told.  However, pushing changing of language spelling because it is making people not "feel safe" isn't likely to become part of the main society any time soon.

the funny thing is female actresses now want to be called "Actors" a male connotation I suspect (and some from what I have read and some from a I know in the industry (set production and such) is so they are treated the same. It is the preferred naming. "actresses" is considered the outdated name for females in the acting industry. 

https://www.stage32.com/lounge/acting/Actor-vs-Actress-what-is-the-correct-title-now

22 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

The crux of the whole diluted mess. Everything about a man is "toxic" now.

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for i think of a man then i take away reason and accountability

Yeah that's twitter and tumblr in a nutshell, but only that one example stuck out to me from that set.

The others were perfectly viable in normal speech, regardless though a trans person who isn't an asshole would just explain their pronoun preference and that'd be it.

Can't have reasonable social exchanges now though, and approaching a person with intent to socially engage at all is sexual harassment.

Imagine these kinds of people, with all their crazy bullshit narratives, finding out how their parents met.

"Oh yeah he just approached me with some silly lines, bought me a drink and we started hanging out."

>YOU MEAN HE SEXUALLY HARASSED YOU IN PUBLIC AND YOU LET HIM!?

Ugh...

36 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

Yeah that's twitter and tumblr in a nutshell, but only that one example stuck out to me from that set.

The others were perfectly viable in normal speech, regardless though a trans person who isn't an asshole would just explain their pronoun preference and that'd be it.

Can't have reasonable social exchanges now though, and approaching a person with intent to socially engage at all is sexual harassment.

Imagine these kinds of people, with all their crazy bullshit narratives, finding out how their parents met.

"Oh yeah he just approached me with some silly lines, bought me a drink and we started hanging out."

Ugh...

Well, maybe it's linked to a natural phenomenon in our evolutionary growth? I mean the planet prolly won't sustain the population numbers projected by 2050 anyway...:classic_tongue:

1 hour ago, megamantaray said:

Ugh...

If we're talking about birds or Lady gaga or regular show do I need to know you have a pronoun at all to discuss ULTIMATE FINAL DEATH MEATBALL SUB, I'm thinking maybe just being a person is good enough.

Entertaining stuff... It's quite interesting to see the different views.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous. All of it.

But in most places, people who think like I do get slaughtered for sharing our views, even though those views have been around for most of hu"wo"manities  existence.

The tables have turned, and those that used to bitch about being judged, are now doing the judging.

5 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

The crux of the whole diluted mess. Everything about a man is "toxic" now.

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for i think of a man then i take away reason and accountability

I thought I was just imagining it.

I always thought the consensus was "fuck you white man!" White man fucked over all kinds of people such as Blacks, Asians and Native Americans. If we look at it from the white point of view even peaceful Martin Luther King Jr. was regarded as a criminal. Are women the same? Maybe it just happens to be the hot topic at the moment(not to be confused with the store). I wouldn't be surprised ever since a certain shock jock started saying shitty things about women on the air.

I gotta take a back seat on this one(If I were wise).

As a rebel do I wiggle my tush and piss everyone off or do I pick a side?

From my point of view it just looks like another lovers spat(will there be explosions?)

P.S. Hollywood sucks eggs

CAPS LOCK :classic_angry:

Can we all agree that this key is the true menace of mankind?

And while we're at it, I would like to have the adress and the name of the guy who "invented" it.

His neighbours should take the day off, make a day trip, far away. I won't need to disturb innocent people with certain "scenes" ?

35 minutes ago, worik said:

CAPS LOCK :classic_angry:

Can we all agree that this key is the true menace of mankind?

And while we're at it, I would like to have the adress and the name of the guy who "invented" it.

His neighbours should take the day off, make a day trip, far away. I won't need to disturb innocent people with certain "scenes" ?

N O.

Just as a bit of a follow up to my original post on this.

The ethnonym Germani is most likely Gallic in origin. Jacob Grimm derived it from a Celtic term for "shouting; noisy", and argued that the name represents a literal translation of the endonym Tungri. Johann Kaspar Zeuss derived the name from the Celtic word for "neighbour".[1]

Germani enters into Latin use following Julius Caesar. Caesar in Commentarii de Bello Gallico (written in the 50s BC) reports hearing from his Remi allies that the term Germani was for a group that had historically come from the near side of the Rhine, named Germani Cisrhenani. By extension, Germani was understood to include similar tribes still living beyond the Rhine (Germani Transrhenani).[2]

Tacitus, writing in AD 98, reports that the Tungri of his time, who lived in the area which had been home to the Germani Cisrhenani, had changed their name, but had once been the original Germani:

For the rest, they affirm Germania to be a recent word, lately bestowed. For those who first passed the Rhine and expulsed the Gauls, and are now named Tungrians, were then called Germani. And thus by degrees the name of a tribe prevailed, not that of the nation; so that by an appellation at first occasioned by fear and conquest, they afterwards chose to be distinguished, and assuming a name lately invented were universally called Germani.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germania

(and a fine example of irony to boot (Americans read and learn ? )

The name Manchester originates from the Latin name Mamucium or its variant Mancunio and the citizens are still referred to as Mancunians (/mænˈkjuːniən/). These names are generally thought to represent a Latinisation of an original Brittonic name. The generally accepted etymology of this name is that it comes from Brittonic *mamm- ("breast", in reference to a "breast-like hill").[14][15] However, more recent work suggests that it could come from *mamma ("mother", in reference to a local river goddess). Both usages are preserved in Insular Celtic languages, such as mam meaning "breast" in Irish and "mother" in Welsh.[16] The suffix -chester is from Old English ceaster ("Roman fortification", itself a loanword from Latin castra, "fort; fortified town").[15][14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester

So they did a speed limit study of the main road in my county...and then upgraded the road to be 4 lanes, divided and implemented the speed study for the old 2 lane road. That's not what pisses me off ( that is just gov't being gov't). No, what pisses me off is the people who pull out into the left hand lane and then try to go the new speed limit (10 mph lower than the old limit) when most of us actually go 5 mph faster than the old limit. Really people, if you're going to pull out onto a multi-lane divided highway, pull out into the right hand lane and then merge over if you need to make a left hand turn! Come on, this isn't hard! And use your damn turn signals to signify that you are making a lane change; again, not hard, just moving your finger a few inches is all it takes.  And, I know this is insane, but turn on your headlights when it is raining. That isn't so you can see, it is so everyone else can see you. Crazy how that works right?!

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

The way people are overreacting to COVID-19 is starting to really piss me off.  It's everything from dumb asses buying up toilet paper and bottled water, to the Leftist Twitterati and the media squawking about 'the end is nigh'.