What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

23 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Harley Quinn pisses me off. It was like the character was made for the express purpose of pissing people off. She was shit in Suicide Squad and she was shit in Batman the animated series. Her bad New York accent along with her stupid shenanigans to woo the Joker who is clearly only in love with Batman is painful rather than funny. Maybe she should have died in the animated series never to come back like Uncle Ben.

One might say: "But but she is actually smarter than Joker only pretending to be a dumb bimbo to make him feel-"

Yeah don't care. Dating crazy is not smart. She has a degree in psychology and yet gets pushed around by a stinkin clown. If not taught in one of her psychology classes at the very least one would think it is common sense not to date crazy.

The character I can understand but the attitude that people have towards her is what really pisses me off. I have read on a Time article that a director wants to make Harley a relatable character to abuse victims and that is just going ass backwards. If Joker could break Harley imagine what he could do to any other psychologist. See what I'm getting at? If say my Joker of a spouse is abusing me I wouldn't want to talk to some easily manipulated fool of a psychologist.

I honestly did not mean to make this sound like an end all argument. If there is any way that I am wrong or I missed something important I am open to counter arguments.

No, you got it right in the second sentence. She was indeed intended to piss you off. She is just another victim of the Joker, just one of the 'lucky ones' who continues to draw breath after their encounter, one who goes on to victimize others herself.

Of course, you'd have trouble telling that to professional writers who misunderstand part of the character's initial appeal and think that she is somehow compelling as a figure of mirth and merriment as if she was Marvel's Madcap/Deadpool or Warner-Brothers' Freakazoid.

Grrr. I am at home for 2 1/2 months now with a case of a broken back. While I can basically do anything, I can't strain anything or I'll feel it for days to come. Can't sit for prolonged times either, which means neither working on my miniatures nor lengthy gaming sessions. At this point I would actually love to be able to work again.

33 minutes ago, Swanky said:

Grrr. I am at home for 2 1/2 months now with a case of a broken back. While I can basically do anything, I can't strain anything or I'll feel it for days to come. Can't sit for prolonged times either, which means neither working on my miniatures nor lengthy gaming sessions. At this point I would actually love to be able to work again.

At least you can take comfort in the fact that the rest of the world has decided to join you in being stuck at home for maybe the next 2 1/2 months......cept, they may b e healthy.     So, was what you were doing worth the broken back?  There  are  a few things I could think of that would make it worthwhile, but not many.

4 hours ago, 27X said:

She hasn't dated the joker in literally twenty years of continuity.

Yet the Joker still haunts her like a disease in a cockroach. You want the disease to kill it but the cockroach still lives. It will take more than a breakup with a madman to redeem such a character.

4 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

No, you got it right in the second sentence. She was indeed intended to piss you off. She is just another victim of the Joker, just one of the 'lucky ones' who continues to draw breath after their encounter, one who goes on to victimize others herself.

Of course, you'd have trouble telling that to professional writers who misunderstand part of the character's initial appeal and think that she is somehow compelling as a figure of mirth and merriment as if she was Marvel's Madcap/Deadpool or Warner-Brothers' Freakazoid.

That sounds about right. The problem is that many in the world do love this character. The fact that people applaud her because she stopped kissing the end of a loaded gun that is the Joker is really just pathetic. What I am is confused. Am I supposed to feel happy for this character?:classic_confused:

I prefer to keep a neutral stance but this is too much.

9 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

At least you can take comfort in the fact that the rest of the world has decided to join you in being stuck at home for maybe the next 2 1/2 months......cept, they may b e healthy.     So, was what you were doing worth the broken back?  There  are  a few things I could think of that would make it worthwhile, but not many.

Funny thing is, the worst of it happened when I was gaming on first Sunday of last September. Had to go to a hospital for a week but they haven't found anything, yet I couldn't sit straight since then. So actually I think it was a combination of work (I work in logistics for a medical company and I actually like working there) and unhealthy sitting at home due to bad chair and office table (both of which were finally fixed 2 weeks back) are the cause.

I only found out in February because I had another episode of the pain since January, less pronounced but also it wouldn't go away anymore.

When I could I was reading (latest was Shakespeare: Macbeth) and a bit of gaming / cleaning up. I wanted to do some working on my 40k miniatures, but unfortunatly couldn't do that because everytime I bowed down over the plastic, a few minutes later my back began to hurt. Was working on those miniatures worth it? I'd say yes. Keeps me off the computer and the mind out of the dark corners.

I see so many people pissed off cause they are stuck at home (cause of the covid19)... Well it can seem strange but this situation it litterally change nothing for me xD. I use to stay at home, I rarely go out, I have just a few friends in my city, my best friend it study at the university so she is always busy on study xD.
What pissed me off?

LIARS, I hate liars so much, Hate when someone is lying to you and you... You know the truth, you listen to his lie till the end, and that you say "I know that is not like that" :). Hate people that lies, just to apper "big" in front of you, or often just with no reason.
I don't say I'm a saint and that I never lied but... Lately I see so many people that are lieyng to me just to seem "big" or important, or just cause they don't have the courage to say to me "no you are wrong", they tell me "oh yes! you're perfectly right!", then they go to other people sayng "Nono, she's totally wrong! I hate how she act!" WHY YOU DON'T SAY IT TO ME. Seriusly I use to accept criticism or someone that say me that I'm wrong, I WANT that someone say to me that I'm wrong. I really don't understand this kind of person. Too many things are pissing me off lately xD, but that's the biggest.

On 3/17/2020 at 1:06 AM, 27X said:

Your standards of irrelevant and mine must be plenty different; because you'd have to be blind not to see how pervasive it's been in public facing and display.

Late reply but anyway.

Irrelevant doesn't mean invisible. It's just that many people simply don't care about the whole wokeness deal. If woke people ruin a franchise most people will probably just be disappointed that the new product sucks, they won't bother investing ungodly amounts of time into researching everything that has been said and done prior to the release. It's a small minority of people who are heavily invested and those tend to notice the agenda behind it. Wokeness exists primarily to give another small community of people a space to jerk each other off by pretending they're brave pioneers for including women and minorities in their products when this has been going on for decades. There's plenty of black top actors that get paid millions for each role they play (Denzel Washington, Will Smith, Morgan Freeman, to name a few) and women have had major roles as well. The Alien trilogy - the fourth one doesn't exist - is a cult classic and had a female protagonist and nobody cried about it. There's plenty of female super stars who didn't need any artificial empowerment to have success.

The whole thing is just limp-wristed through and through, on both sides. You have SJWs play make-believe with themselves, removing everything and everyone that disturbs the equilibrium of their safe space and then start thinking their filterbubble reflects reality. Then you have anti-SJWs running youtube channels where they'll simply read articles from kotaku or whatever, add a few fake laughs and 'dem SJWs amirite' and then ask for support on patreon for all the hard work and effort. Both don't have any effect on the real world. If you take a look at how people vote, for example, there's a big tendency toward the center-right world wide.

16 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

The whole thing is just limp-wristed through and through, on both sides. You have SJWs play make-believe with themselves, removing everything and everyone that disturbs the equilibrium of their safe space and then start thinking their filterbubble reflects reality. Then you have anti-SJWs running youtube channels where they'll simply read articles from kotaku or whatever, add a few fake laughs and 'dem SJWs amirite' and then ask for support on patreon for all the hard work and effort. Both don't have any effect on the real world. If you take a look at how people vote, for example, there's a big tendency toward the center-right world wide.

Some of those "anti-woke" youtubers are following the trends of the comic book industry being destroyed, for example. They are going by their own experience in the business and some have owned comic book stores, so they do know something about the business and don't take the likes of kotaku seriously. Same goes for the good youtubers who have followed the  entertainment/gaming industry for years-decades. Some, if not most, of the industries are losing a lot of money due to poor choices and alienation (yes, real) of the fanbase.

If you are not into what is going on it is easy to dismiss it all as horseshoe theory and confirmation bias. Especially if you think entertainment is trivial, which it is anything but. Historically entertainment booms during hard times. Some major companies should be booming right now, but are losing money and are in deep trouble for refusing to understand the fanbase. Plus some entertainment is seen as cultural markers, modern mythology, so to speak, so many people do take it serioulsy, thus it is something of the people.

By alienating the fanbase,  I mean both sides of the SJW/anti-SJW fanbase. It's the case of the companies thinking they can cash in on the current trend of wokeness or whatever you want to call it. Like Marvel's latest fiasco. They bring in some rich dude who has this fantastic idea of making some characters mbased on an older more obscure comic, creating characters with names like Safe Space and Snow Flake. And naturally he gets it all wrong and now both sides are pissed off.  The same with the latest Star Wars movie, (can't be bothered to remember the name of it) Precious few are pleased with it. Even a uncritical friend who describes himself as a kid- as long as it has spaceships and laser guns, and lightsabers, he's happy. He said this movie just sucked. If he says it sucks, it's bad.

I'm not a serious comic collector or fan, am not that incredibly deep into a lot of the movie/series franchises, and I don't support anyone's patreon, but I've been around people who do throughout my teenage years and all of my adulthood. I can tell you it has been changing and not for the better.

6 hours ago, Daedric_Cat said:

Some of those "anti-woke" youtubers are following the trends of the comic book industry being destroyed, for example. They are going by their own experience in the business and some have owned comic book stores, so they do know something about the business and don't take the likes of kotaku seriously. Same goes for the good youtubers who have followed the  entertainment/gaming industry for years-decades. Some, if not most, of the industries are losing a lot of money due to poor choices and alienation (yes, real) of the fanbase.

If you are not into what is going on it is easy to dismiss it all as horseshoe theory and confirmation bias. Especially if you think entertainment is trivial, which it is anything but. Historically entertainment booms during hard times. Some major companies should be booming right now, but are losing money and are in deep trouble for refusing to understand the fanbase. Plus some entertainment is seen as cultural markers, modern mythology, so to speak, so many people do take it serioulsy, thus it is something of the people.

By alienating the fanbase,  I mean both sides of the SJW/anti-SJW fanbase. It's the case of the companies thinking they can cash in on the current trend of wokeness or whatever you want to call it. Like Marvel's latest fiasco. They bring in some rich dude who has this fantastic idea of making some characters mbased on an older more obscure comic, creating characters with names like Safe Space and Snow Flake. And naturally he gets it all wrong and now both sides are pissed off.  The same with the latest Star Wars movie, (can't be bothered to remember the name of it) Precious few are pleased with it. Even a uncritical friend who describes himself as a kid- as long as it has spaceships and laser guns, and lightsabers, he's happy. He said this movie just sucked. If he says it sucks, it's bad.

I'm not a serious comic collector or fan, am not that incredibly deep into a lot of the movie/series franchises, and I don't support anyone's patreon, but I've been around people who do throughout my teenage years and all of my adulthood. I can tell you it has been changing and not for the better.

Yes, I'm aware of that. But most people don't read comic books enthusiastically or are concerned with the lore and history of whatever universe the action happens to take place in. It's the same with movies or games and I'm speaking about people like your friend, who just go 'well that sucked!' without having much interest in discovering why.

The point is, a little transflag here and there won't piss off many people but it also won't make many people like your product more. A good product with some wokeness won't make a bad product and a bad product with some wokeness in it won't make it good. The current trend however is that most of the people pushing this woke nonsense are talentless hacks who can't create anything worth any value even if their life depends on it. The anti-SJWs on the other hand have been throwing a fit over the newest Animal Crossing because you can only choose between a figure with short hair and one with a ponytail or somesuch instead of being asked if you want to play as a girl or a boy. Yet most people who complain about the game complain about only being able to have essentially one save file per console.

There's also the issue that many companies want a share of the chinese market and the chinese are pretty conservative when it comes to social issues, so you won't have any meaningful LGBTWHATEVER+ representation because at most it's little scenes that can be removed without disrupting the flow. That's why I think the whole SJW/anti-SJW thing is only relevant for a select few people. If a product sucks, it sucks - that's the stance most people have.

Some major companies should be booming right now, but are losing money and are in deep trouble for refusing to understand the fanbase

I think the "fanbase", or anyone else for that matter, just want good entertainment without any social or political posturing. I play a game to escape shitty reality, not to be constantly reminded of it. Those companies that don't "get it" are just overthinking things to justify some otherwise superfluous positions leeching the payroll imo. They're not artists. They're accountants.

43 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Yes, I'm aware of that. But most people don't read comic books enthusiastically or are concerned with the lore and history of whatever universe the action happens to take place in. It's the same with movies or games and I'm speaking about people like your friend, who just go 'well that sucked!' without having much interest in discovering why.

The point is, a little transflag here and there won't piss off many people but it also won't make many people like your product more. A good product with some wokeness won't make a bad product and a bad product with some wokeness in it won't make it good. The current trend however is that most of the people pushing this woke nonsense are talentless hacks who can't create anything worth any value even if their life depends on it. The anti-SJWs on the other hand have been throwing a fit over the newest Animal Crossing because you can only choose between a figure with short hair and one with a ponytail or somesuch instead of being asked if you want to play as a girl or a boy. Yet most people who complain about the game complain about only being able to have essentially one save file per console.

There's also the issue that many companies want a share of the chinese market and the chinese are pretty conservative when it comes to social issues, so you won't have any meaningful LGBTWHATEVER+ representation because at most it's little scenes that can be removed without disrupting the flow. That's why I think the whole SJW/anti-SJW thing is only relevant for a select few people. If a product sucks, it sucks - that's the stance most people have.

Well, yes, that's the entire point? The youtubers I talk about are against the SJW stuff because it invariably ends up being about the the SJW issue at the expense of the story. A good story with a bit of wokeness isn't happening. It's the issue at the expense of the story over and over again. The youtubers are quite correctly pointing out that the average reader/movie goer isn't into that. 

Look at Star Trek. It used to be great story line with a good progressive message. Problem is, it's not good enough for the SJWs. So they trash Star Trek, or any other franchise they get into. Now there is this series with Picard. Older series were about going forward into the future with hope and addressing social issues. Now they are making Picard a dystopian future that counters all what Star Trek stood for before. It's a deconstructionist mess with female characters screaming at Picard for being an idiot. Because Orange Man bad. Because the Federation must be demonized as a colonizing failure. Look it up, Patrick Stewart himself wanted this. It's not if Deep Space Nine didn't question the Federation and showed its dark side. This is just an example.

Most people just aren't into this, and these guys, at least the good ones, on youtube are analyzing this.

Of course if you see only the jokers who complain about ponytails, yes, they are the minority.  I certainly haven't seen them. Though I've seen the videos about PETA not wanting Animal Crossing to show fishing, which is ridiculous.

I've taken the time to listen to these guys and they are on point on a lot of stuff. I don't agree with all of it, but they are nailing it in regards to the SJW influence on modern entertainme

8 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I think the "fanbase", or anyone else for that matter, just want good entertainment without any social or political posturing. I play a game to escape shitty reality, not to be constantly reminded of it. Those companies that don't "get it" are just overthinking things to justify some otherwise superfluous positions leeching the payroll imo.

Yes! Exactly!

58 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I think the "fanbase", or anyone else for that matter, just want good entertainment without any social or political posturing. I play a game to escape shitty reality, not to be constantly reminded of it. Those companies that don't "get it" are just overthinking things to justify some otherwise superfluous positions leeching the payroll imo. They're not artists. They're accountants.

Take comic books out of my politics. I mean what? Here's a question you might enjoy. Do you really want to watch Sharknado again?

I always thought they were called stockholders but accountant sounds better.?

5 hours ago, Daedric_Cat said:

Well, yes, that's the entire point? The youtubers I talk about are against the SJW stuff because it invariably ends up being about the the SJW issue at the expense of the story. A good story with a bit of wokeness isn't happening. It's the issue at the expense of the story over and over again. The youtubers are quite correctly pointing out that the average reader/movie goer isn't into that. 

Look at Star Trek. It used to be great story line with a good progressive message. Problem is, it's not good enough for the SJWs. So they trash Star Trek, or any other franchise they get into. Now there is this series with Picard. Older series were about going forward into the future with hope and addressing social issues. Now they are making Picard a dystopian future that counters all what Star Trek stood for before. It's a deconstructionist mess with female characters screaming at Picard for being an idiot. Because Orange Man bad. Because the Federation must be demonized as a colonizing failure. Look it up, Patrick Stewart himself wanted this. It's not if Deep Space Nine didn't question the Federation and showed its dark side. This is just an example.

Most people just aren't into this, and these guys, at least the good ones, on youtube are analyzing this.

Of course if you see only the jokers who complain about ponytails, yes, they are the minority.  I certainly haven't seen them. Though I've seen the videos about PETA not wanting Animal Crossing to show fishing, which is ridiculous.

I've taken the time to listen to these guys and they are on point on a lot of stuff. I don't agree with all of it, but they are nailing it in regards to the SJW influence on modern entertainme

When I talk about a little bit of wokeness I talk about including things like the transflag in your product, which was done by A Hat in Time as well as Celeste. Doesn't make them bad games now, does it? Or how same sex relationships are possible in games like Mass Effect or The Sims. This is what many anti-SJWs would consider 'agenda pushing' or 'shoving down LGBT propaganda down our throats to make all the children gay and trans'. Like you say, the issues SJWs want to tackle have already been tackled and resolved since forever. It's really nothing new, groundbreaking or brave to have female or minority protagonists. It's also nothing new to shine a new light on previously established themes within a franchise. The Sith/Jedi-dichotomy for example is very simple in the Star Wars movies but vastly expanded upon by the Knights of the Old Republic games, where the Jedi can cause much bigger suffering than the Sith at times because of their rigid code and morals.

However, the anti-SJWs I'm talking about consider everything that's not in line with the social norms from the 1930's as degenerate. People who criticize the vapid and narcissistic tendencies of the woke movement can be found everywhere and those are not the type of people I'm talking about because those usually don't call themselves anti-SJW.

5 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

When I talk about a little bit of wokeness I talk about including things like the transflag in your product, which was done by A Hat in Time as well as Celeste. Doesn't make them bad games now, does it? Or how same sex relationships are possible in games like Mass Effect or The Sims. This is what many anti-SJWs would consider 'agenda pushing' or 'shoving down LGBT propaganda down our throats to make all the children gay and trans'. Like you say, the issues SJWs want to tackle have already been tackled and resolved since forever. It's really nothing new, groundbreaking or brave to have female or minority protagonists. It's also nothing new to shine a new light on previously established themes within a franchise. The Sith/Jedi-dichotomy for example is very simple in the Star Wars movies but vastly expanded upon by the Knights of the Old Republic games, where the Jedi can cause much bigger suffering than the Sith at times because of their rigid code and morals.

However, the anti-SJWs I'm talking about consider everything that's not in line with the social norms from the 1930's as degenerate. People who criticize the vapid and narcissistic tendencies of the woke movement can be found everywhere and those are not the type of people I'm talking about because those usually don't call themselves anti-SJW.

Look, why don't you watch some of the videos by Nerdrotic, the Quartering, Overlord DVD. They are not talking about games like Skyrim, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or about ponytails in Animal Crossing. Or about classics like Knights of the Old Republic, one of my all time favorite games- which were the source of theme addressing the Jedi causing misery across the galaxy with their endless wars. Some of Luke's lines about the failure of the Jedi are almost straight out of Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords. They will tell you there is nothing new about any of that. They do not have a problem with this. Other than the SIMs or Animal Crossing, I am very familiar with these games and have played them for years. And I have never heard Celeste or A Hat in Time mentioned. or criticized.

You're conflating crap out of some 4chan or some bad videos which are probably taken down. I haven't seen any of this crap since I chased some homophobic bashers who had a problem with same sex couples off a Skyrim forum years ago. I'm not denying that they aren't out there, but I have not seen any of it from the videos that I watch.

What you call a little bit of wokeness is the established progressiveness-ism. Like you see in the Orville or the Expanse- which these youtubers rave about. Wokeness is about deconstruction and power structures and the need to tear down others, in short, SJWism.

Look, why don't you watch some of the videos by Nerdrotic, the Quartering, Overlord DVD. They are not talking about games like Skyrim, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or about ponytails in Animal Crossing. Or about classics like Knights of the Old Republic, one of my all time favorite games- which were the source of theme addressing the Jedi causing misery across the galaxy with their endless wars. Some of Luke's lines about the failure of the Jedi are almost straight out of Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords. They will tell you there is nothing new about any of that. They do not have a problem with this. Other than the SIMs or Animal Crossing, I am very familiar with these games and have played them for years. And I have never heard Celeste or A Hat in Time mentioned. or criticized.

You're conflating crap out of some 4chan or some bad videos which are probably taken down. I haven't seen any of this crap since I chased some homophobic bashers who had a problem with same sex couples off a Skyrim forum years ago. I'm not denying that they aren't out there, but I have not seen any of it from the videos that I watch.

What you call a little bit of wokeness is the established progressiveness-ism. Like you see in the Orville or the Expanse- which these youtubers rave about. Wokeness is about deconstruction and power structures and the need to tear down others, in short, SJWism.

The Quartering at least has no problem with the more extremist positions as long as they support him. He also has a bad habit of pretending to deeply care about a subject he knows nothing about.

In my opinion, wokeness is about virtue signaling and feeling very special and important. That's why I consider putting hidden transflags woke - it's slacktivism at its finest. You're not doing anything worthwhile. The whole deconstruction thing is called postmodernism which has gotten a seriously bad rep over the last couple of years.

6 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

The Quartering at least has no problem with the more extremist positions as long as they support him. He also has a bad habit of pretending to deeply care about a subject he knows nothing about.

In my opinion, wokeness is about virtue signaling and feeling very special and important. That's why I consider putting hidden transflags woke - it's slacktivism at its finest. You're not doing anything worthwhile. The whole deconstruction thing is called postmodernism which has gotten a seriously bad rep over the last couple of years.

I don't watch youtubers for them to care about issues- I never understood the need for complete strangers to care, but for information which I correlate with other sources if I care enough. Most of the time it's out of interest.

Other than that, we are going to have to agree to disagree. 

2 hours ago, Daedric_Cat said:

I don't watch youtubers for them to care about issues- I never understood the need for complete strangers to care, but for information which I correlate with other sources if I care enough. Most of the time it's out of interest.

Other than that, we are going to have to agree to disagree. 

You'd ideally want to get you information from sources that care about the topic at hand. If they don't care, chances are they'll either only talk about it to push their narrative or to maximize the money they can get out of it. The reason gaming is such a shithow nowadays is because most publishers don't care about games, just about money. Media outlets like kotaku also don't care about games, they simply want to push their own narrative.

1 minute ago, GrimReaper said:

You'd ideally want to get you information from sources that care about the topic at hand. If they don't care, chances are they'll either only talk about it to push their narrative or to maximize the money they can get out of it. The reason gaming is such a shithow nowadays is because most publishers don't care about games, just about money. Media outlets like kotaku also don't care about games, they simply want to push their own narrative.

I am quite capable of thinking for myself, thank you very much. This discussion is over.

37 minutes ago, Daedric_Cat said:

I am quite capable of thinking for myself, thank you very much. This discussion is over.

This isn't about thinking, it's about the information itself. You could be the greatest thinker in the entire universe but that won't amount to much if you're getting faulty information, which is something we all have to deal with one way or the other because even very simple information like the color of an object is being run through a myriad of filters in our brains.