What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

51 minutes ago, steelpanther24 said:

This must have been before the Coneheads

Yeah, you know this stuff (lgbt) has been around a long time. While not mainstream, it also didn't garner much in the way of hate or disapproval. People seemed to look, shake heads at the most, and moved on. Who here was a Rocky Horror Picture Show fan at the midnight shows on the weekends in the 70's?

Anyways, add the internet for unrestricted personal 'opinion', and legalized gay marriage, and now it's worse than ever. Personally I feel Blacks have way more reason to laugh at the foolishness than anyone. It's like the flavor-of-the-month minorities want to 'cut line'.

20 minutes ago, landess said:

Yeah, you know this stuff (lgbt) has been around a long time. While not mainstream, it also didn't garner much in the way of hate or disapproval. People seemed to look, shake heads at the most, and moved on. Who here was a Rocky Horror Picture Show fan at the midnight shows on the weekends in the 70's?

Anyways, add the internet for unrestricted personal 'opinion', and legalized gay marriage, and now it's worse than ever. Personally I feel Blacks have way more reason to laugh at the foolishness than anyone. It's like the flavor-of-the-month minorities want to 'cut line'.

You're probably thinking of Japan. In Japan they just assumed that the LGBT movement was mostly a youth thing that people would adopt a more socially acceptable behavior later in life. The sad thing is that Americans are much more violent about their opinions. LGBT people were more likely to be attacked on the streets in the U.S. and still are.

38 minutes ago, landess said:

HUH? I'm thinking of myself, and my observations during the '70's

In terms of media it was an experimental time.

I guess in the grand scheme of things every decade is an experimental time. Same way that Shakespeare plays cannot be held up today yet still has a solid following due to the culture and language of that time keeping it truly unique.

22 hours ago, landess said:

Yep and can belt out a few songs (not that anyone would enjoy hearing me sing) from RHPS, but yes that was a time when it was edgy and weird and among the weirdo crowd (who would play D+D and study computers, join math club etc.).   Now it is .....mainstream.   A person with multi pastel colored hair works in our building and everyone just shrugs and goes about their business, which is progress to be certain.    Perhaps I miss my youth, but that would be the kind of person I would have talked to back in the 80s....the outcasts, the rebels, the weirdos.  And before anyone says "yea talk to her now", that is an entirely different reason to not do that.   Older men talking to much younger women (except for business purposes) can come off as a bit creepy. 

That leads into my rant, we seem to have lost that ability to talk to those we find different or who have fundamental disagreements in person.  On the internet, things are still open.    I (sometimes) enjoy reading MMR's  points on whatever social justice cause that she is bearing the flag for at that time.

On 2/26/2020 at 10:40 PM, landess said:

Who here was a Rocky Horror Picture Show fan at the midnight shows on the weekends in the 70's?

We had that in the early 80s, too. The live band opening,, dress up, throw the toilet paper at the wedding, let's do the time warp agaiiinnn, guys in the women's room checking their makeup, so on. Hell, I knew a chief in the Navy who was into the entire scene.

I live in a small town.  A new Italian restaurant is opening up and when I swing by to check it out red flags start popping up.  No licensing or permits displayed anywhere.  Nosy fuck that I am, I go to the county registrar's website and search.  Nothing suspicious, just a generic name with an LLC attached, so I go Secretary of State's website and enter the LCC.  I recognize the name of the registering agent and I know for fact he's a scumfuck scammer.  This 'agent' and his entire family are thieves and here's how they do it.

STEP #1

*Lease and existing property (like strip mall store front) and get a build-to-suit provision in the contract.

*Lease all of the equipment they can and do UCC filings to secure the debt to the name LLC.

*Open a cash deposit secured account with a food service supplier (like Sysco) with an extended line of credit.

*When the restaurant is ready open they hire nothing but illegal Mexicans or people who won't ask questions.

STEP #2

*Once the business is open, the only debt holders they pay are the suppliers.  Everyone else gets stalled or they get partial payments.

*It takes about a year for the UCC holders and other debt holders to get fed up and start legal action.  The supplier accounts are closed and the remaining funds are remitted to the LLC.

*The scumfuck scammer owners dissolve the LLC, the restaurant closes without notice, and the employees don't get whatever pay they're owed.

*With the LLC no longer existing the owners get to keep all of the money owed to everyone; they pack up their tents and move to the next county.  There is no corporation to sue.

*The build out cost on the lease space (which was heavily padded) was claimed as a business expense so they received tax credit for that fiscal.

Why do I care?  I don't.  It's just a fucked up way of doing business.  If you think this isn't 'a thing' then check out uber-douche Guy Fieri (Food Network star) and look into what he did in 2017, 2018 and 2019.  The asshole is low-tier famous and he's done it in multiple states (NY, CA, TX, etc.).

5 hours ago, ToJKa said:

Sheesh, this corona virus panic among some people...

Are we dead yet?

Are we dead yet?

Are we dead yet?

Get out your Mayan calendars everyone because we have another doomsday scenario on our hands. Alas there is no doomsday. How disappointing.

10 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Get out your Mayan calendars everyone because we have another doomsday scenario on our hands. Alas there is no doomsday. How disappointing.

Plagues are just a viral Baby Boom which happen once every century or so.

Once their boomers (and their hosts)die off, things will even out again and everyone will have a new spate of opportunities available to them, be it because their competition was eliminated or as part of the clean-up detail, not that there are not plenty of people capitalizing on this crisis as it unfolds.

Went to the drugstore today to get a root beer float (yes, they have an old school soda fountain) and I talked to a few people.  They didn't care about COVID-19.  Effects on the market; nope.  Effects on politics; nope.  The hepa filter masks city people are buying up?  Their shelf section was full and they were cheap, like always.

No one I know cares and it's life as usual.  But then again the type of people I know are normal human beings.  They don't do social media so they're spared all of the internet minutia that makes people crazy.

If it weren't for modern technology and medicine, this corona virus would have been a full blown plague by now. At least for those with pre-existing conditions. The CDC and others like that organization are working around the clock to prevent it. They already have their hands full with containing ebola in the Congo and that's been difficult.

Officials and governments are erring on the side of caution, I'm sure. A level headed response is best, not denial, neither panic.

What pisses me off is that more and more people who used to sit down and shut up about gay marriage after it was made legal in America are starting to come back again and say that I shouldn't be allowed to marry my boyfriend because "This book says it's bad" or "Because I think it's gross" or "Because if you don't breed you should be killed for wasting resources" (That last one is a very wild take I've seen more and more often over the years)

Fuck off you bitter old/zoomer fucks and just let me be happy with the man I love.

Dog hair. It gets everywhere, I swear my dog sheds roughly 2.7x her own weight every week.

Yesterday I found several strands in the bottom of the coffee pot. God knows how many I've ingested.

I have formulated a theory - shedding is how dogs reproduce. Forget what you think you know about sexual reproduction, it's asexual all the way. The spores (otherwise known as hairs) fall off and drift for dozens, even hundreds of miles, until they drop. There they wait until environmental conditions are just right, and they begin to germinate and reproduce. First a "skeleton" made of calcified strands is formed, with four main roots implanted in the ground. Then the organs, skin, etc. After the spores form a large enough colony, the roots retract from the soil and become feet, and a new dog is formed.

Don't believe me? I have proof.

This is an example of a motile batch of spores. The spores landed on or near three small dark rocks and have begun to grow. Soon this will be a complete "doggie," detach from its landing place, and seek out a new family to parisitize.

Spoiler

d292e7b5b9eeb2e97add052399a308d7.jpg

And here is an example of a dogspore colony that was uprooted before it could fully form. Note the distinct lack of spores on the "hindquarters" - this specimen was attacked by a predatory fungus which consumed much of the growing spore colony and caused abnormal growth for the remainder.

Spoiler

minipoodle.jpg

Here we see an example of a massively overgrown colony. Apparently the landing spore suffered from a genetic malformation that caused increased growth without detaching, and this "dog" is now a permanent fixture of the landscape. If you encounter one of these in the wild, do not approach or attempt to pet - the spores, having grown aggressive due to overcrowding and lack of nutrients, will sieze your hand and engulf you. Historical scholars suggest that such an infected human or humans may have been the cause of legends of "werewolves."

Spoiler

e2ebf19fbe97ef5326eb529489276791.jpg

On 3/1/2020 at 3:07 PM, Daedric_Cat said:

If it weren't for modern technology and medicine, this corona virus would have been a full blown plague by now. At least for those with pre-existing conditions. The CDC and others like that organization are working around the clock to prevent it. They already have their hands full with containing ebola in the Congo and that's been difficult.

Officials and governments are erring on the side of caution, I'm sure. A level headed response is best, not denial, neither panic.

This. People should not forget that the 2% death toll is with modern medicine. 20% of all infected develop serious symptoms so it's safe to assume that the mortality would be up to 20% without our current technology. That being said, the disease isn't dangerous for the individual, it's dangerous because it can collapse the infrastructure. The virus is highly contagious and even a person with almost no symptoms is still a vector, arguably even more so than a person with severe symptoms because those are usually knocked out cold. Meanwhile the person with only a mild cough or so will go around spreading the virus like there's no tommorow.

It's also a new disease, at least when it comes to human hosts. Which means neither the virus nor the immune system has any idea what they're doing - there's no herd immunity like with the flu, meaning it spreads very fast. And if important people like hospital staff are infected you'll have quite the situation at hand, there's a lot of vulnerable and recovering folks residing in hospitals. Those might get infected, too. But more importantly is the fact that once the hospital staff is out of order things can quickly spiral out of control.

Then there's always the possibility the virus might mutate and with more people being infected, the chances rise that this'll happen. It can basically three ways:

1. The virus doesn't adapt to humans and the pandemic will eventually simply die out

2. The virus adapts to humans in a way that it will probably become a saisonal thing like the flu

3. The virus adapts in a way that's dangerous to humans, i.e. the mortality rate will skyrocket but it'll die out in the end because a virus that kills its host doesn't survive for very long.

Did the Vault-Tec Workshop for the first time yesterday... whoever worked on that piece of shit DLC, may you get Lou Gehrig disease. Nothing snapped into place like it should, and there's so much space, but the workshop limit is garbage, Why couldn't they make one piece prefab buildings like in the other categories? Shit took me 4 hours, half a 750 ml bottle of whiskey, and every fiber of my being not to punch my monitor.

Thank god for transfer settlements, I'm not doing that again.