What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

If your current gender preference is your identity, you're pretty goddamn shallow and boring.

Millennial religion is shallow and boring.  Small wonders zoomers don't give a fuck about being woke, shit is like fucking a cheese grater.

You know, I find it funny that there's many people that try to paint the USA as Nazi Germany 2.0 while the USA that actually fought Nazi Germany was much more conservative and generally much more leaning to the right than today. So according to those people, WW2 was probably just Nazis murdering each other across the globe, time to rewrite history books!

Just now, GrimReaper said:

You know, I find it funny that there's many people that try to paint the USA as Nazi Germany 2.0 while the USA that actually fought Nazi Germany was much more conservative and generally much more leaning to the right than today. So according to those people, WW2 was probably just Nazis murdering each other across the globe, time to rewrite history books!

People are actively doing that in universities, actually.

1 hour ago, 27X said:

People are actively doing that in universities, actually.

I know. Something something 'critical whiteness' something something 'ethnocentric white supremacist racism'. It's not only history or social sciences, there is some effort made to classify math and science as racist. In the end, I'm pretty sure all this woke nonsense will achieve is that the discourse regarding social issues will be permanently tainted by it.

7 hours ago, megamantaray said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It didn't quite pop out because I'm not a buccaneer in the 17th century but it was pretty close to, and most of the time I was squinting as if that'd help me understand. Ironically the migraine I do have is behind my good eye.

@Mr.Otaku Genderfluid usually refers to someone on the fence with their gender identity, or doesn't identify as having a fixed gender.

It's hard to explain but essentially it'd be a cis or trans person who can't figure themselves out and identify as both at different times so they'll wear different clothes or act differently depending on their emotional or mental state at the time. That's not to say they're crazy they're just stuck in a place where they don't know who they are or what they are. Often it's a stage that leads to proper gender identity later down the line.

There's a lot of terms like this, and different people will tell you different things so don't take my word for it.

I think the issue is that you can't really talk about transgenderism in general in any sort of descriptive way. You're not allowed to define it as a mental health issue, otherwise you're a transmedicalist or 'truscum' as the woke crowd likes to say. You're not allowed to describe is as a social condition, because that would imply that it could be perpetuated through social interactions. A study that implied that this could be the case quickly drew the ire of transactivists. You're also not allowed to view it as a biological condition, since that could imply there's something 'wrong' with the brains of transgender people. So you end up in this weird No Man's Land where transgenderism pretty much transcends all known and unknown categories. Nobody can really explain what it is except when a transperson explains how they experience it - you're not allowed to ask questions, though, because that might invalidate their experiences.

Any discourse is dominated by the individuals that identify as trans. However, any transperson whose experience might invalidate another transperson's identity or experience is quickly excommunicated from the trans-community, that's what happened to ContraPoints. 

I'm not surprised then that transgenderism itself is viewed as this shady cult-like movement because it checks a lot of those boxes. That doesn't mean that every transperson is a cultist, but many are. Or at least those that are the most visible.

Nobody reads the labels on shit, so why are they so important?

Boomer? Millennial? Yada Yada

What? Did people fuck for one year, then stop having babies for 20? 

Drawing lines in the sand only invites others to 'step over' and challenge it.....

Name calling is the same no matter how intelligently one tries to hide it.

28 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

https://www.hrc.org/resources/sexual-orientation-and-gender-identity-terminology-and-definitions

I still don't get it. But, whatever. Does this mean I can still be a whore chasing lesbian if I want to be? Excuse me, I meant If I felt more comfortable identifying as a woman regardless of my sexual preferences? But what if the woman I find is transitioning to be a man and is attracted to men that month? Can I change my gender identity again? Can I do it as many times as I want ...err....feel I need to? Is that the crux of "gender fluidity"?

The idea is that being gender fluid means you're always in flux. You may identify as male one day, or for a while, but then feel feminine and more female in general. It's not done to be manipulative, like you're trying to frame it as. Ideally this would just be people who don't know who they are, but if someone were inclined to they could take advantage of it I guess, no one's gonna take you seriously though, no one should except those already in the mindset to be assholes themselves.

You're also not considering the human element, if someone doesn't like you, they won't like you.. especially if you're being manipulative and childish. Saying you're female or male doesn't change that, if you're gonna find a mate it'll be someone who can deal with that and understand it and support you.

People who try to make that argument, or push ideas like that are the worst tier of SJW and the worst kind of anti-SJW. Working on extreme hypotheticals to get angry at those and then push ahead with assumptions or assertions based on nothing but that initial idea they made up. It's the same with victim complexes.

"I know I'm gonna be hurt so I must be hurt already and need to be annoying about it."

"I know genderfluid people switch back and forth specifically to be manipulative so it's probably all there is."

"So what if I'm dishonest, everyone else must be because I am."

13 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

The idea is that being gender fluid means you're always in flux. You may identify as male one day, or for a while, but then feel feminine and more female in general. It's not done to be manipulative, like you're trying to frame it as. Ideally this would just be people who don't know who they are, but if someone were inclined to they could take advantage of it I guess, no one's gonna take you seriously though, no one should except those already in the mindset to be assholes themselves.

You're also not considering the human element, if someone doesn't like you, they won't like you.. especially if you're being manipulative and childish. Saying you're female or male doesn't change that, if you're gonna find a mate it'll be someone who can deal with that and understand it and support you.

People who try to make that argument, or push ideas like that are the worst tier of SJW and the worst kind of anti-SJW. Working on extreme hypotheticals to get angry at those and then push ahead with assumptions or assertions based on nothing but that initial idea they made up. It's the same with victim complexes.

"I know I'm gonna be hurt so I must be hurt already and need to be annoying about it."

"I know genderfluid people switch back and forth specifically to be manipulative so it's probably all there is."

"So what if I'm dishonest, everyone else must be because I am."

That's such BS. I'm saying that for most of these people it is a choice! Saying that it's anything else is disingenuous. If they'll admit that, then I got no problem with it.

1 minute ago, KoolHndLuke said:

That's such BS. I'm saying that for most of these people it is a choice! Saying that it's anything else is disingenuous.

If you have evidence that "these people" actively switch genders for the explicit purpose of manipulation I'd like to see it.

I'm all for being a fair judge and I've been proven wrong before on a lot of things.

47 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

If you have evidence that "these people" actively switch genders for the explicit purpose of manipulation I'd like to see it.

I'm all for being a fair judge and I've been proven wrong before on a lot of things.

I'm not saying that they all do it to manipulate. I'm saying that they fool themselves into believing it's not a choice- when it is. Warranting no special considerations or privileges.

8 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

That was the point in the video I posted. If I identify as a female (trans) I can be in a lesbian relationship with either a cis female or trans female. This is the problem. Lesbianism (yes ism) for me is between two biological females. It is the equivalent to allowing trans athletes in cis female sports. 

I understood that much, and I'm not arguing that. The argument being made here is that everyone that's gender fluid is a manipulator.

Am I still a lesbian if I date a FtM transperson? Ehhh~ You just showed that's subjective. That's the kind of label I'm against, and part of why it was so bad.

If you don't like dick, good. If you like dick with tits, good. If you like tits and a vagina but not penis, great. Who cares at that point?

A term like Genderfluid on the other hand is fine, because it describes an individual on their own, who they fuck or not is irrelevant, same as Cis, or Transmale/female.

1 minute ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I'm not saying that they all do it to manipulate. I'm saying that they fool themselves into believing it's not a choice- when it is.

Putting on female or male clothes is a choice, sure, waking up and feeling a certain way isn't.

You're oversimplifying things.

21 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

There are plenty of days when I feel my estrogen peaking. That doesn't mean I will suddenly start believing I should be a woman.

Still oversimplifying. Plus your entire argument is "me, me, me, me" which yeah sure, that's you. Great. You are clearly not everyone else, neither am I.

You're trying to invalidate or diminish what other people feel or do because you can't fathom it being a real thing, which is great for you, but it's close-minded.

Are you being personally affected by genderfluid people? I'm sure there's shitty assholes out there but does every single one of them attack you on a daily basis?

20 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

There is a term for that, it is called being Bisexual. If you screw both men and women you are bisexual, this gender fluid thing is just "feelings" and not a result of nature, unlike being gay or straight/trans. At least that is my own thoughts on it, that people are born gay/trans and over time "come out". This is why people like Jessica Yaniv are not what one would consider to be "true trans", but a cross dresser. (a person who "gets off" wearing female clothes). This was my understanding back in the 90s when this started to be more of a "thing" and medical advances made it possible to change from one sex/gender to another (HRT, etc)

What you're into doesn't change what you are, and if what you are is constantly in flux that's something for you and your partner to deal with, isn't it?

That you don't consider a trans girl someone who should be called a lesbian is a far cry from "if you're a lesbian and don't like trans girls you're transphobic or not gay at all." Thing is unlike sexuality which is a wide spectrum depending on what you like, gender isn't as wide. You got women, men, transwomen/men, and genderfluid people who aren't aware of what they are or don't know how they feel but sometimes feel more inclined to one or the other.

This also isn't comparable to sports, a trans female will have an advantage in sports against a biological female, that's not subjective, although exceptions apply. Sports is not dating, it is not relationships, it is not gender identity. It's a competition and someone with an unfair advantage will win over someone playing fairly. Besides that, what you think of them having a dick and dating a woman is entirely subjective, and crossdressing is an entirely different thing and it isn't related to genders or identity. Conflating these things is making a bigger mess.

9 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

I'm sure there's shitty assholes out there but does every single one of them attack you on a daily basis

I live in Texas. Ever been here? It's only slightly better than say.....Mississippi in terms of redneck/hillbilly ultra conservatism- the kind that would gladly hang you for any fluffy-ness.

4 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I live in Texas. Ever been here? It's only slightly better than say.....Mississippi in terms of redneck/hillbilly conservatism.

I don't see how that's a problem or even related. In fact it doesn't follow at all with what we were talking about.

Are you just admitting you don't have a real reason to be upset at these people, you just do because you're Texan? 

I'm not even trying to be sassy I don't get why you would mention that.

Edit: Okay, so you're just an asshole, that explains everything.

Edit 2: 666 posts oh no 

9 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

Okay, so you're just an asshole, that explains everything.

No. I understand perfectly and stated my opinion. Then you asked in a roundabout way what I have to deal with on a daily basis and I told you- trying to point out that there is less margin for error in some places.

2 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

No. I understand perfectly and stated my opinion. Then you asked in a roundabout way what I have to deal with on a daily basis and I told you- trying to point out that there is less margin for error in some places.

Okay, but what does that have to do with "I have hormone spikes sometimes but I'm not calling myself a woman" or people "fooling themselves into believing it is not a choice" or genderfluidity at all. It literally doesn't follow, and even then it doesn't answer my question.

6 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

As for the discussion, I don't believe in "gender fluidity", I do believe in bisexuality, and it seems to me, "gender fluid" people fit in just fine under the umbrella of bisexual. I have no issue with bisexuality, since I consider myself to be a bit bisexual. I mean I like seeing Vivi and DarkConsole naked. :P Then there is LawhornLeo, he is pretty hawt too. 

You don't have to believe in it, it's real enough for the people that do and they don't affect you or society as a whole.

By the way, being bisexual means being into men and women, being genderfluid is identifying as male or female at different times, for various reasons.

They're not the same thing. Sexuality and identity/gender aren't the same thing. I feel like it's a fundamental misunderstanding you have, and you're conflating those things.

Be it a misunderstanding or purposeful ignorance I don't know, but you should be aware that they're separate and not at all mutual inclusive.

You can identify as an male, female, or some non-binary bullshit and your sexuality wouldn't be changed. You could be into men, women, or trans people.

They're separate.

17 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

Okay, but what does that have to do with "I have hormone spikes sometimes but I'm not calling myself a woman" or people "fooling themselves into believing it is not a choice" or genderfluidity at all. It literally doesn't follow, and even then it doesn't answer my question.

Fuck, I'm going to explain what I mean one more time. If you try and ram it down everyone's throat that something like that is beyond one's control based on feelings and deserving of special consideration or privilegethen most people aren't going to take you seriously. But, if you admit that it is a choice- which it is- then people would be more willing to accept it.

12 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Fuck, I'm going to explain what I mean one more time. If you try and ram it down everyone's throat that something like that is beyond one's control based on feelings and deserving of special consideration or privilegethen most people aren't going to take you seriously. But, if you admit that it is a choice- which it is- then people would be more willing to accept it.

Firstly who's ramming gender fluidity down your throat?

The worst of the SJWs? Yeah they sure are, they ram a lot of things down people's throats. Same way you ram your opinions down people's throats too.

I guess all Texans are awful because a few are awful and I can't possibly imagine other people with other lifestyles and experiences than me so they must not exist.

Secondly, where's your proven evidence that it's a choice?

If you have study that went through it and the results suggested genderfluid people just choose how they identify I'll shut up.

Again, all you've done so far is say "Well I can't imagine this existing this way so it can't. In fact it's fake and it's a choice."

Edit: By the way it isn't just "feelings" there's more to it than that, it's an identity thing that's hard to quantify and that's the nearest possible word.

You're acting like you have really good arguments and evidence for this "choice" narrative but you've just given examples of how it doesn't apply to yourself.

5 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

Again, all you've done so far is say "Well I can't imagine this existing this way so it can't. In fact it's fake and it's a choice."

What part of opinion do you not understand? Pretty sure I stated that at least once or since I didn't try to back anything up with "fact", then it couldn't be anything but. We disagree, that's all. I won't lose any sleep if you don't.

5 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

What part of opinion do you not understand? Pretty sure I stated that at least once or since I didn't try to back anything up with "fact", then it couldn't be anything but. We disagree, that's all. I won't lose any sleep if you don't.

Oh yeah, you did say opinion once. My bad.

I don't usually do this, but I really need to vent right now.

Whoever designed the Towers of Time in MK11 is an absolute fuckin' shitcunt. It's one thing to have crazy enemy AI in a game, but having horseshit mechanics that you can't do anything about is an entirely different log of crap.

There are these fuckass modifiers that either reduce health overtime, drain your special meter,or give the enemy some kind of perk. OK, nothing too out of the ordinary with that. This is all in the "git gud" category of difficulty. Oh, what's that? Unblockable missiles that take out a huge chunk of health in the middle of your combo? Poison mines that spawn a step in front of your character every two seconds? Not being able to do close combat with the enemy because you'll get frozen solid? Getting punched a single time blacks out the entire screen? Other characters pop in outta assfuck nowhere to completely curb stomp the flow of the action, take out a third of your health, and interrupt your combo? Bo' Rai Cho farting in your face? Some item that falls from the sky that paralyzes you for five seconds so the enemy can sodomize you with the aforementioned perks and boosted stats? A motherfucking laser beam? Nope, absolutely nothing enraging about that fuckery. I love it when I lose due to things that are entirely beyond my control. I also really love that all this makes it practically impossible to use these towers as a way to practice your skills as a player outside of practice mode, because why would you ever reward your players' skills and effort without making them want to suplex their machine in a blind, frothing-at-the-mouth rage in the process?

Now, I have no problem with a game being hard. But a game's difficulty has to be due to the player and their understanding of the game's mechanics as well as their ability to apply that knowledge in whatever scenarios the game throws them into. It has to be fair and it has to make sense. Having to fight against an AI that can string together combos and knows how to counter everything you throw at it? Fine. That makes sense and presents a challenge based around skill. Having to deal with that as well as all the shit in the previous paragraph? Nope. Fuck you. That's some shit. I should lose a game because I'm not a good enough player to beat it, not because of some mechanics that I can't do anything about.

For comparison, I've also been playing KH3 on Critical Mode, which is (in)famous for being super challenging and frustrating. Every enemy hits like a truck, the enemy AI is merciless, you need to keep track of everything happening in every fight, and you need to have a proficient understanding of the game's mechanics and all the enemies' behavior if you want to make any kind of progress. I won't even get into the anus-clenching terrors that are the super bosses. Lemme tell ya, I've died a lot so far. And I do mean, "a lot". I'm okay with that. Despite the crazy difficulty and everything that comes with it, the game is still entirely fair. Hell, there are people that have beaten Critical Mode without leveling Sora or changing his equipment, and while playing the game with Pro Codes (codes that can be switched on/off to make the game even harder by reducing defense stat to 0, not allowing healing items or magic, losing trace amounts of health over time until it reaches 1 HP, etc.). There are a few people that have actually managed to beat all of the super bosses on Critical Mode at lvl 1, with all Pro Codes on, and without taking any damage at all (Jesus Tittyfucking Christ). The devs of KH3 went out of their way to make the game as challenging as possible without the game feeling cheap. MK11? Nope.

It sucks that the Towers are so ridiculous because, aside from that, I really like MK11. It's fun, it looks amazing, the attacks are brutal and gory, the sound design is solid, and I like that the story looks like it's shifting away from the Cage family (not that I hate those characters, I just prefer the monks and the ninjas); but those fucking towers.

On 2/23/2020 at 1:02 AM, landess said:

I'm pissed more people don't have a sense of humor, thinks everything is new, and it's all about them.

Reveal hidden contents

Wow, that is the first time I even knew that there was a movie about SNL's Pat...... This must have been before the Coneheads crashed and burned?