Any chance we can get an update requirement page for this mod. I updated it from 8.5 to 9.0 and while 8.5 ran smooth with little issues I can't get 9.0 to stop yelling at me about missing files trying to endless equip duplicate items missing animations basically missing and broken everything it seems. All I know is it takes DD 5.1 now but clearly I need to update another mod or I'm missing another mod cause everything is just not working.

2 hours ago, SkyAddiction said:

You don't need to turn them off at the beginning of the game though. If, say, you set bound girls to max, they'll spawn to the limit. If you then set them to zero, they'll despawn as you free them and not respawn. 

Do they? Like, I remember once trying to have them in game. They had the armbinder on... and still tried to sweep the streets via an idle animation, with invisible hands. Was a bit... disturbing, so I turned them off, they never despawned in any region where I've already been to, I had to use the disable command on all of them, one by one. I remember trying to free them, we had the whole dialogue, but it only removed the chastity device, nothing else, the freeing dialogue never showed up again and they just kept doing normal idle animations with no hands... Granted, this was a couple versions ago, like maybe two or so years back. I've been disabling bound girls in the MCM at the alternate start room before talking to the statue Mara ever since.

I have been using Frostfall for ages, and I almost never pass out from cold (i mostly play in the warmer parts of skyrim) but after a devious bondage adventure in the sea of ghosts and passed out and woke up in an inn safe and warm, i got too thinking........

be cool if you made it so if you pass out in Frostfall you could potentially wake up in a Cursed Loot or other Devious situation

are there any mods like this that exist?

18 hours ago, Kimy said:
Spoiler

Sure thing! Here is the Beta 3 to Release change log:

Deviously Cursed Loot 9.0 Beta 3 to Release Version:
- Fixed: The MCM should no longer occasionally hang when starting a new game.
- Fixed: The Dawnstar carriage will now port any followers as well.
- Fixed: Leon: The player will once again receive all required restraints when activating the chest in the cell.
- Fixed: The Yoke of Shame no longer tries to trigger sex attacks, as there are no valid sex animations for this device.
- Fixed: Cursed Collar: Touching the cursed collar before finishing Bound Queen will no longer break the Bound Queen quest.
- Fixed: Saving the game in the Whip and Chain inn will no longer cause the engine to assign messed up save game names.
- Fixed: Added a check for SKEE in the rubber boots script.
- Fixed: Walk of Shame: Helpful NPCs will no longer remove the Dress of Shame when they have only generic restraints key. Doh!

And no, if you were using Beta 3, a new save game is NOT needed.

I don't see fixes to prison mentioned still. As far as i'm aware it is still gamebreakingly broken. Besides my 2 reports there was 1 other who tested and encountered same issues.

Please test that you can go through at least 3 days in it and get out, dialogs with the guard outside your cell don't progress after a point. Doesn't matter if you load game back and try to "do it cleaner" again because the bug is repeatable.

There was also weird things about the random events like 2 dinners per day etc.

Hello everybody. Are there any mods out there that lets you remove single devious devices without haveing to remove all of them? Like this mod, if im stuck in a yoke and I really need to get rid of but I dont want to remove all the other devices, there is no choice. Its all or nothing. I know there is such a function in Slaverun Reloaded mod but that mod has become really unstable (not updated since 2018 I think) So any suggestions? 

31 minutes ago, abds100 said:

Are there any bugs in Leon's quest? I was locked in a room and been told to put on party gear but there was actually nothing in the chest front of me.

During the beta phase there was at least one user who reported the same bug, but in the changelog for the release it's supposed to be fixed (from what I understand at least):

> Fixed: Leon: The player will once again receive all required restraints when activating the chest in the cell.

I can't seem to find the specific comment so I don't know if he ever found a solution, I'll make an edit later if I manage to find it.

If you are using the stable release I have no idea tho, I'm still on beta 3 waiting for the official conversion (I'm on SSE)

Edit: I'm an idiot and was searching on DD page instead of this one. Here it is: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-90-2021-03-09/?do=findComment&comment=3282918

5 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I don't see fixes to prison mentioned still. As far as i'm aware it is still gamebreakingly broken. Besides my 2 reports there was 1 other who tested and encountered same issues.

Please test that you can go through at least 3 days in it and get out, dialogs with the guard outside your cell don't progress after a point. Doesn't matter if you load game back and try to "do it cleaner" again because the bug is repeatable.

There was also weird things about the random events like 2 dinners per day etc.

I fixed numerous things in the prison. If issues still prevail or there are any new ones discovered, by all means, report them again (as a proper, detailed report, not something like "I told you half a year ago that there is a bug in your mod and it's still there!"). And please make sure to attach a Papyrus log, if you at all can. More often than not, it's very hard to track down problems without a log and sometimes outright impossible. Information like "after a point" is not too useful for me to track down a problem. For example, I'd need to know which SPECIFIC stage of the dialog is hanging, to pinpoint the problem. I do admit that in rare cases I dismiss bug reports even when they otherwise look legit, when they are so vague that I can't even guess what the issue might be. The guard in question has a LOT of dialogue. I really don't have the time to re-test entire features based on vague premises that there might be a problem SOMEWHERE in them. The better and more detailed a bug report, the faster I can find and fix the problem! Win/win for everybody!

I also admit that while I try to make sure to process all reports, this thread is one of the busiest on all of LL, and some reports I simply overlook. This is not ill will on my part, it's because I am human. Just bounce your report if you have the feeling that I overlooked it. Telling me "I have reported this before" is again not very helpful, because I really don't have the time for trying to dig up old postings in a 1000+ pages long thread.

Thanks for understanding. :)

15 hours ago, DCPDDP said:

Any chance we can get an update requirement page for this mod. I updated it from 8.5 to 9.0 and while 8.5 ran smooth with little issues I can't get 9.0 to stop yelling at me about missing files trying to endless equip duplicate items missing animations basically missing and broken everything it seems. All I know is it takes DD 5.1 now but clearly I need to update another mod or I'm missing another mod cause everything is just not working.

If you're updating from a non 9.x (beta) version, you NEED to start a new save game. Your problems sound like what I'd expect to happen when installing DCL9 over an existing savegame.

I'm getting a black screen crash when trying to load into the Whip and Chain Inn, did a full reinstall of DCL 9.0 and DD 5.1, new save, FNIS went clean, BodySlide too, I'm gonna try a full on mods reinstall and see if something is up, but so far its pretty weird, it was working fine before the big update.

Edit: Now its crashing when trying to load Riverwood from the Live another Life cell :(

Edit 2: it seems that the only crash its that of the Live Another Life cell and the Whip and Chain Inn, the funny thing is that I can load the Riverwood savegame without problems, but when I try to select Riverwood on the Live Another Life cell and sleeping on the bed, a crash happens, I'm gonna keep poking it tomorrow and see if I can discover what is causing it

4 hours ago, Kimy said:

I also admit that while I try to make sure to process all reports, this thread is one of the busiest on all of LL, and some reports I simply overlook. This is not ill will on my part, it's because I am human. Just bounce your report if you have the feeling that I overlooked it. Telling me "I have reported this before" is again not very helpful, because I really don't have the time for trying to dig up old postings in a 1000+ pages long thread.

Hi @Kimy,

With that in mind, here's another detailed report about the EquipSet() issue I tracked down in Beta 2 and reported again for Beta 3 - my guess is I should have explicitly tagged you before so you could see those bug reports.

I had been noticing a lot of issues where I was getting hit with devices which had been explicitly disabled in the MCM - particularly Chastity devices and devices/suits/hobble skirts which reduce movement speed - things I *always* disable in DCL and DD.   After some careful examination, I tracked the problem down to the function EquipSet() in dcur_library.psc.   This function will equip a set of items on a player without any regard for MCM settings -- the only thing it takes into account is a difficulty factor passed into the function from it's caller.   This can result in anything from chastity belts to severely punishing devices, including hobble skirts, yokes, armbinders, and the like.

This issue actually seems to go back to DCL 8,5, but I'd never noticed it before DCL 9 because it only applied to characters under level 3 and certain after combat rape  punishment situations which I wasn't dealing with in DCL 8.5.   In DCL 9, however, it's an issue when you start a new character without the LAL start because it uses EquipSet() exclusively until you're level 3, and it also is now used in the new rape resist dialog - if you resist unsuccessfully, it almost invariably calls EquipSet with the highest level difficulty, pretty much guaranteeing you the worst case scenarios.

EquipSet is currently used:

- In processactor() (dcur_library) if the player level is less than 3 (Light to Moderate)

- In resist attempts during combat surrender in dcur_clockTickRefScript (Light to Severe)

- After a combat surrender gangbang in dcur_clockTickRefScript (Light to Severe)

- After a rape with a failed resist attempt in dcur_library (Severe)

- During misogyny toughtalk bad end in dcur_pi_misogyny_toughtalk_badend (severe - but I'm not sure this is even used...)

- As one of the public indecency / arrest outcomes in Outcome() in dcur_prison_ArrestScript (Light to Severe)

- On a Dollmaker Sword victim in dcur_restraintsonhit (Light to semi-severe - this method also bypasses EquipSet and does more stuff without checking MCM settings, but it's probably okay because I doubt it happens on a player very often...)

- In TieupForReward() in dcur_whipandchainQuestScript (light to severe) - game room reward/punishment?

For a different bug:  I also reported that in dcur_library, dcur_selectevents(), the MCM weight for the rubber doll is being used to trigger the Slave Gag quest, not the Rubber Doll quest -- this still seems to be the case.

2 hours ago, Kimy said:

If you're updating from a non 9.x (beta) version, you NEED to start a new save game. Your problems sound like what I'd expect to happen when installing DCL9 over an existing savegame.

I completely uninstalled everything reinstalled it and started a new game it more stable now. But for some reason when events trigger it loads my inventory up with duplicates of the same item and when an event triggers that suppose to full equip every possible item on my character it fills my inventory with hundreds of devious and only equips 3-5 items on me. I also played around with the new ultra tight jacket and for some reason each time I unlock a stage it keep the stage I just removed in my inventory so by the time I get the jacket completely unequipped I have all 5 stages now in my inventory idk if that intended but that doesn't seem right.

From what I understand all I need to get this mod to work is SkyUI, SexLab, SexLab Aroused Redux, HDT Physics Extensions, DDs 5.0, Fus Ro D'oh, FNIS, XPMS Skeleton, Racemenu, and BodySlide and Outfit Studio as well as the require mods to run them right? I'm currently not using anything else and I have all the above mods fully updated to the latest version.

17 minutes ago, knots1353 said:

Hi @Kimy,

With that in mind, here's another detailed report about the EquipSet() issue I tracked down in Beta 2 and reported again for Beta 3 - my guess is I should have explicitly tagged you before so you could see those bug reports.

I had been noticing a lot of issues where I was getting hit with devices which had been explicitly disabled in the MCM - particularly Chastity devices and devices/suits/hobble skirts which reduce movement speed - things I *always* disable in DCL and DD.   After some careful examination, I tracked the problem down to the function EquipSet() in dcur_library.psc.   This function will equip a set of items on a player without any regard for MCM settings -- the only thing it takes into account is a difficulty factor passed into the function from it's caller.   This can result in anything from chastity belts to severely punishing devices, including hobble skirts, yokes, armbinders, and the like.

This issue actually seems to go back to DCL 8,5, but I'd never noticed it before DCL 9 because it only applied to characters under level 3 and certain after combat rape  punishment situations which I wasn't dealing with in DCL 8.5.   In DCL 9, however, it's an issue when you start a new character without the LAL start because it uses EquipSet() exclusively until you're level 3, and it also is now used in the new rape resist dialog - if you resist unsuccessfully, it almost invariably calls EquipSet with the highest level difficulty, pretty much guaranteeing you the worst case scenarios.

EquipSet is currently used:

- In processactor() (dcur_library) if the player level is less than 3 (Light to Moderate)

- In resist attempts during combat surrender in dcur_clockTickRefScript (Light to Severe)

- After a combat surrender gangbang in dcur_clockTickRefScript (Light to Severe)

- After a rape with a failed resist attempt in dcur_library (Severe)

- During misogyny toughtalk bad end in dcur_pi_misogyny_toughtalk_badend (severe - but I'm not sure this is even used...)

- As one of the public indecency / arrest outcomes in Outcome() in dcur_prison_ArrestScript (Light to Severe)

- On a Dollmaker Sword victim in dcur_restraintsonhit (Light to semi-severe - this method also bypasses EquipSet and does more stuff without checking MCM settings, but it's probably okay because I doubt it happens on a player very often...)

- In TieupForReward() in dcur_whipandchainQuestScript (light to severe) - game room reward/punishment?

For a different bug:  I also reported that in dcur_library, dcur_selectevents(), the MCM weight for the rubber doll is being used to trigger the Slave Gag quest, not the Rubber Doll quest -- this still seems to be the case.

That's not really a bug, more a design issue. The MCM "do not use this and that device" settings apply to the cursed traps ONLY. EquipSet() isn't used for these. EquipSet() is used for quest content and other features not related to traps. I have looked into it when you first mentioned it, but there is no easy way I could make EquipSet() respect these MCM settings without potentially breaking quest features expecting certain devices to get equipped, or trivializing some of the features by allowing people to disable every device they might find slightly inconvenient but still get all the rewards.

I still have this issue on my "look into this!" list, but there won't be a quick fix for it. In the future I am probably going to look into writing an alternative function of EquipSet() that will respect MCM settings and use it for some of the features you listed.

30 minutes ago, DCPDDP said:

I completely uninstalled everything reinstalled it and started a new game it more stable now. But for some reason when events trigger it loads my inventory up with duplicates of the same item and when an event triggers that suppose to full equip every possible item on my character it fills my inventory with hundreds of devious and only equips 3-5 items on me. I also played around with the new ultra tight jacket and for some reason each time I unlock a stage it keep the stage I just removed in my inventory so by the time I get the jacket completely unequipped I have all 5 stages now in my inventory idk if that intended but that doesn't seem right.

Blargh, I thought I had fixed that. :S

Will look into it again! :)

Doing the Bound in Skyrim chain again went to see the rope guy in Markarth and saved Margaret on the way in.  Forgot that I accepted her offer of a more intimate thank you (from SL Solutions or Confabulation).  Noticed that she was still following me waiting for the go-ahead, so when rope guy told me to go see the Dibellan priestess, I gave her the nod and we consumated her thank-you.  Unexpectedly, that triggered the next step in the rope quest; apparently it is not keyed to sex with Senna, but just the next sex act you participate in.  I even got the potion Senna was supposed to give me.  

On 10/31/2020 at 5:21 AM, Kethrian said:

I'm stuck on the Chloe quest.  I have gathered the ingredients for the sleep potion and given it to Nazeem in the hall of the dead.  He passes out, and I am supposed to search his body, but I cannot interact with the prone body.  Instead, there is an invisible standing Nazeem, and when I try pickpocketing him, his inventory appears to be the "real" Nazeem's, with no special quest items.

I wanted to bring this back up, since I didn't see a fix posted anywhere---I'm having the exact same issue, and it's kind of holding up the rest of the playthrough, owing to being stuck in everything until I get whatever I'm supposed to get from Nazeem. Is there a solution for this problem? Is it a known bug? What info can I give you so that you can piece together the problem? Thanks!

Hi Kimy

I love this mod but I just found a conflict with DCL 9 and ETaC (Expanded Towns and Cities) and that is the location of the Whips and Chains Inn in Riverwood.  It is placed right in the same location as a house form ETaC.  I was able in my insta to move WaCI to another location just north of  the location where you placed.  I also had to correct a zoning issue by move the way point for entering WaCI away from the door.  I got that fixed but for some reason I can not get Michelle the bouncer to show up in the new location.  Just wanted to bring it to your attention in case you think about maybe fixing it.  I found a work around but really enjoy all the hard work you do with this mod really hate to miss any thing in it.

Thanks

Dep

@Kimy

Just confirmed two issues with ropes in DCL.

dcur_ropeharnessfull_blackAA needs to be added to the list of AAs that need forearms and calves checked.

For Tight Rope Bindings, the hands and nails had alternate textures set when they should not.

This applies to both dcur_Armbinder_RopeBlackAA and dcur_Armbinder_RopeBlackAADUPLICATE001

Screenshot of the issue:

Spoiler

image.png.04190b0ea7674ab88c043e30c2614544.png

In xedit, I fixed it by removing the alt textures here:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e1bfdcc69658430a805f2b9f64f1db39.png

On 3/3/2021 at 8:25 AM, kaldwin said:

didn't know that was a thing, so I looked into it.  if I'm understanding it right, the scrap heap's memory isn't allocated separately; it's taken from the default heap.  So in order to max you memory allocation to 1024, DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB should equal 1024 + the value of ScrapHeapSizeMB.  So the memory portion of your skse.ini file should look like this:

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1280
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

I usually can't stay in the whip and chain for more than a couple of minutes.  gonna see if this helps

If anyone else has the same infinite load problem when entering whip and chains. This fix worked for me. Thank you!

Also thanks to Kimy and all who helped her, Whip and Chains is really nice addition!

6 hours ago, Dep200 said:

Hi Kimy

I love this mod but I just found a conflict with DCL 9 and ETaC (Expanded Towns and Cities) and that is the location of the Whips and Chains Inn in Riverwood.  It is placed right in the same location as a house form ETaC.  I was able in my insta to move WaCI to another location just north of  the location where you placed.  I also had to correct a zoning issue by move the way point for entering WaCI away from the door.  I got that fixed but for some reason I can not get Michelle the bouncer to show up in the new location.  Just wanted to bring it to your attention in case you think about maybe fixing it.  I found a work around but really enjoy all the hard work you do with this mod really hate to miss any thing in it.

Thanks

Dep

Location-alterting or adding mods will always potentially conflict. If you have a workaround, I think it is more realistic to create a compatiblity patch and ask for Kimy's permission to upload it (maybe on this mod's page even), rather than ask for a change in one of the main mod instead

@Kimy, I think when people are talking about the requirement issues, some of them might be referring to that:

REQUIRED MODS

SkyUI: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3863/?
SexLab: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/150-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v159c-updated-oct-3rd/
SexLab Aroused Redux: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1421-sexlab-aroused-redux/
HDT Physics Extensions: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53996/?
Devious Devices Assets version 3.0 or higher: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/269-devious-devices-assets/
Devious Devices Integration version 4.2 or higher: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/371-devious-devices-integration-12092014/
Devious Devices Expansion version 4.2 or higher: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1305-devious-devices-expansion-v116/

Fus Ro D'oh: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14884/?
FNIS version 7.0 or higher: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11811/? You need to run FNIS for Users after installing this mod!!!
XPMS Skeleton: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25971-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended/
Racemenu: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624/? (if you really don't want it, you can also install just NiOverride, but you need one or the other)
CBBE/UUNP Bodyslide compatible body (either CBBE or UUNP): http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015/?

At least the bold links are kinda misleading XD

If it is any help to anyone I was having CTD from menu's and the whip and Chain club just wouldn't load. I managed to sort it by re-instaling SkyUI 5.1 and pushing DCUR very low in the load order..  It helped me. No idea what was causing what as my papyrus log was always a spray of useless information never the same twice..

Hope it helps someone else too... Good luck.