The R.I.P. Thread- Saying Goodbye to Whatever

9 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Ozzy died back in Oct. and this is the first I've heard. So many memories of times listening to his music. Died on stage I think? The way he probably wanted to go.

Ozzy, the still alive Ozzy Osbourne? Or are you talking about another Ozzy?   Yesterday there was fake news about the death of Ozzy Osbourne.

10 hours ago, SororitasSimp said:

Was watching Columbo re-runs the other day and got curious... Alas, Peter Michael Falk did indeed pass away a while back. He passed away at age 83, September 16, 1927 - June 23, 2011. He's well known for his role in the crime drama series; Columbo. "Just one more thing".

RIPColumbo.jpg.5b4ffeaafa439914e9eae46ec0c3b951.jpg

A friend of mine met him at a hospital cafeteria. Said he was really friendly and down to earth. Was happy to talk about his favorite Columbo episode, etc.

On 1/3/2023 at 7:08 AM, Mexicola88 said:

RIP Ken Block † 2. January 2023 55 year old

ab7db75d-0001-0004-0000-000000417727_w94

c20c7293-0001-0004-0000-000000417732_w61

I legit cried a little when i found out and it happened a day after my birthday. Ken Block was one of my childhood heroes and a big part of the reason i'm so into racing and cars to begin with, i still have his Hoonicorn poster stashed away in one of my closets that i used to hang on my wall as a teenager. The car community is gonna miss him dearly and i can't imagine what his family must be going through right now.

Rest In Peace. Life can be so unfair and fragile.

50 minutes ago, caveman74 said:

Legendary rock singer David Crosby dead at 81

You beat me to it.

Saw him twice back in the seventies. Once with Graham Nash at the Free Trade Hall in Manchester and the other time with Crosby, Stills, Trash and Dung at an all-dayer at the old Wembley Stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

Burt Bacharach died at the age of 94.   He is likely outside of most people's range of interest, but I can almost be 90% certain that anyone over the age of 30 has heard of at least one of his many many songs.   He was more of a writer than a performer,

This is one of his that most people have heard of.