The R.I.P. Thread- Saying Goodbye to Whatever

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2021 at 4:15 AM, SatoBrahman said:

My 7th decade of wandering this planet.

On 12/24/2021 at 7:21 AM, steelpanther24 said:

You are saying good bye to your 7th decade, implying you are entering your 8th?

For some reason I doubt anyone on this website is above 70 years old.

1 hour ago, Etrius vanRandr said:

I wouldn't know about that, feels like there could be. It's not there wasn't anything like people in their golden age as gamers, people often find themselves stuck in their prime times but it's possible to evolve past one's younger days and function well in a contemporary modernity such as today's as well as understand tech of recent years at even, I bet, a hundred years old.

Aging does render one frail and ephemeral, but it doesn't void the individual's mind and capacity in every case.

10 minutes ago, Idyll said:

it doesn't void the individual's mind and capacity in every case

Sometimes the last thing to go if it ever does I think. My gf is acutely aware of every painful minute that passes. I admire her though. She's laughs about herself and her ridiculous condition all the time- making me laugh with her. I hope I'm half as brave/determined as her when my time comes. :smile:

3 hours ago, Etrius vanRandr said:

You also think a CPU from 12 years ago can somehow outperform a modern one, and you haven't the faintest clue how post processing works in rendering. Maybe you should just stick to your lane.

1 hour ago, 27X said:

You also think a CPU from 12 years ago can somehow outperform a modern one, and you haven't the faintest clue how post processing works in rendering. Maybe you should just stick to your lane.

???

I have a 10940X

Two 1080 Tis has better FP64 performance than a single 3090 Ti (708.8 vs 625)

Edited by Etrius vanRandr
2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Sometimes the last thing to go if it ever does I think. My gf is acutely aware of every painful minute that passes. I admire her though. She's laughs about herself and her ridiculous condition all the time- making me laugh with her. I hope I'm half as brave/determined as her when my time comes. :smile:

Sorry to hear, I'll light some incense for her good.

What does she have, if I may risk being rude and pry?

2 hours ago, Idyll said:

Sorry to hear, I'll light some incense for her good.

What does she have, if I may risk being rude and pry?

Thank you. :classic_smile:

Sorry... out of respect, I won't say more. Will just say she's endured tremendous pain most of her life and she's lost a lot. But her faculties have remained intact.

6 hours ago, Idyll said:

I wouldn't know about that, feels like there could be. It's not there wasn't anything like people in their golden age as gamers, people often find themselves stuck in their prime times but it's possible to evolve past one's younger days and function well in a contemporary modernity such as today's as well as understand tech of recent years at even, I bet, a hundred years old.

Aging does render one frail and ephemeral, but it doesn't void the individual's mind and capacity in every case.

All things are ephemeral, even the universe itself. Such is the nature of 'Nature'. All things are subject to Entropy. Entropy Invictus and so forth. 

This lack of belief that anyone could be over an arbitrary age could be what is responsible for certain users not understanding that everyone else on this site have varying degrees of life experience and expertise in a wide array of professional fields, causing them to dismiss the assessments of others as the speculation of children in a school yard.

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

You do not think that there are a few people like Shirley Curry who would make use of this site? Do you not remember Winny?

you mean the mentally unstable German? And I'm pretty sure Shirley played on console

Edited by Etrius vanRandr
8 hours ago, Etrius vanRandr said:

you mean the mentally unstable German?

Yeah... that narrows it down. :P

But Winny was a good kind of crazy imo and he was fun to have around. He didn't give a fuck and just wanted to laugh about shit most of the time. He also helped ppl as much as he was able and plenty here can attest to that. :)

4 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Yeah... that narrows it down. :P

I mean if being confrontational and difficult is helping all the more power. I'll "help" as much as I can too

5 hours ago, Etrius vanRandr said:

I mean if being confrontational and difficult is helping all the more power. I'll "help" as much as I can too

Well, I doubt the world would progress without a shred of doubt.

• 3 weeks later...