The R.I.P. Thread- Saying Goodbye to Whatever

Raquel Welch died,    

Raquel Welch's dazzling life in pictures following her death at 82: From THAT iconic deerskin bikini to remaining a Hollywood sex symbol into her 70s

death-raquel-welch.webp

On 2/10/2023 at 1:15 AM, steelpanther24 said:

Burt Bacharach died at the age of 94. 

Hadn't seen that one. As you intimated people will know him more through his songs. Didn't he write the music for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?

He was known over here as Burt Backache.

58 minutes ago, caveman74 said:

Raquel Welch died

Hadn't seen this one either.

21 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Hadn't seen that one. As you intimated people will know him more through his songs. Didn't he write the music for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?

He was known over here as Burt Backache.

Hadn't seen this one either.

Yep, and I just heard about Racquel Welch passing.   That is sad.  

Spoiler

On 2/15/2023 at 4:40 PM, caveman74 said:

Raquel Welch died,    

Raquel Welch's dazzling life in pictures following her death at 82: From THAT iconic deerskin bikini to remaining a Hollywood sex symbol into her 70s

On 2/15/2023 at 4:40 PM, caveman74 said:

death-raquel-welch.webp

> She was beautiful. My dad says she was a dream of many men just like Sharon Stone in '90's.

Leiji Matsumoto, author of cult manga like "Space Battleship Yamato" and "Captain Harlock", is dead. He died of heart failure in a Tokyo hospital on February 13 at the age of 85, his office Studio Leijisha announced . His daughter Makiko wrote that he "set out for the Sea of Stars".

Many of Matsumoto's works have been filmed or made into television series - such as "Galaxy Express 999" or "Space Pirate Captain Harlock". The adaptations gained wide popularity both at home and abroad.

Spoiler

The manga artist is also associated with the 2000 daft punk hit 'One More Time.' He had produced an anime film based on the French electro duo's songs, part of which was used for the music video for 'One More Time" was used.
War opponents from personal experience

Matsumoto's works also dealt with war themes drawn from his personal experiences. Born in 1938, the artist witnessed the atomic bombing of Japan in 1945 at the age of seven. "It traumatized me, but it was also a source of inspiration," he said in a 2013 interview.

His father, who had been a pilot in the Japanese Air Force during the war, also taught him that wars should never be fought. "War is destroying our future," he said in another interview.

Matsumoto has been repeatedly honored by the Japanese government for his work. France also awarded the Japanese the "Ordre des Arts et des Lettres" in 2012.

---

p.s.

mein persönlicher Liebling

Spoiler

C_6.jpg

:classic_wub:

Dwemer in space??

Spoiler

0bf7e54f1e3a7b4d36919d27d376c125bd27b2c7

Edited by Miauzi
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kind of a selfish RIP on my part.

I recently left my job, probably one of the best I've had in ages with a few exceptions. Those exceptions grew to some massive problems that I couldn't cope with anymore. In the warehouse there were 4 guys and 2 "departments". Long story short, I was the only one expected to do everything. I'm not saying I did all the work, but by the end of the day my name was on at least 17 out of 20 jobs for the entire business. Not just one department, but the entire business. I got tired of it, and I got tired of being chewed out when I pointed out other people slacking.

Mangement told me to let him do his job, then he'd go back to his office and not come out while the problems festered and tempers flared.

So I put in notice straight to the owner. He asked everyone how these problems got so bad that it got to him, someone else should've already handled it and I agreed. Except, nobody wanted to handle it.

2 weeks later nothing was fixed so I walked.

2 weeks after that and I'm learning they are struggling badly, but they're still not willing to admit they fucked up. They hired a bunch of temps because they think "warm bodies" actually get shit done when reality they just sit around until noticed and get chased off by the full timers because management can't be assed to do it.

So RIP to a great job ruined by terrible supervisors who can't admit when they're wrong.

Not exactly a R.I.P., but think I'm done with the rest of the extended family due to irreconcilable differences/a bridge too far. You can pick your nose and you can pick your friends, but you don't get to pick your family unfortunately (or your friend's nose). :P

Edited by KoolHndLuke
5 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Not exactly a R.I.P., but think I'm done with the rest of the extended family due to irreconcilable differences/a bridge too far. You can pick your nose and you can pick your friends, but you don't get to pick your family unfortunately (or your friend's nose). :P

The bits and pieces I've read of your autobiography are so interesting I wish you'd write a one chapter summary at least. 

I seriously need to make this topical, who died? Hang on...https://www.usatoday.com/celebrity-deaths