The R.I.P. Thread- Saying Goodbye to Whatever

2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I mean.... most ppl suffer before they finally die. Doesn't mean they regret anything they lived.

The Judds have never lived a easy life; one of the reasons most of their public releases are harmonized family-centric and uplifting songs is most of their shaping experiences were not particularly "positive".

The Judd with the least bullshit home life ended up getting sexually assaulted and blacklisted from Hollywood by Harvey Weinstein, so again maybe some research.

3 minutes ago, 27X said:

The Judds have never lived a easy life; one of the reasons most of their public releases are harmonized family-centric and uplifting songs is most of their shaping experiences were not particularly "positive".

The Judd with the least bullshit home life ended up getting sexually assaulted and blacklisted from Hollywood by Harvey Weinstein, so again maybe some research.

That would essentially make them the Country Music industry equivalent to Marvin Gaye (not quite Brittney Spears).

Even Prince was not living the dream, per se, as he was a staunch Seventh Day Adventist pressured into a making sexualized mainstream persona and music to go along with it. There is a reason why he refused to perform his old hits near the end. 

5 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

That would essentially make them the Country Music industry equivalent to Marvin Gaye (not quite Brittney Spears).

Even Prince was not living the dream, per se, as he was a staunch Seventh Day Adventist pressured into a making sexualized mainstream persona and music to go along with it. There is a reason why he refused to perform his old hits near the end. 

and like a lot of folks including the aforementioned, he took it out on his band a lot of times. The gift that keeps on giving. The reason Dolly Parton is so absurdly peppy now is the first thirty years of her life was an open faced sexualized trash fire and she basically had to put up with it to maintain an early career, until she figured out if she owned the entire creative chain including distribution, she didn't have to play anyone's game.

Edited by 27X
4 hours ago, 27X said:

...*

I did know that her family had had it's share of troubles.... and yeah, corruption and exploitation in any entertainment industry seems to be a given. Not surprising considering the well they all draw from. :smirk:

honestly, though, I'm not trying to dismiss anything here as trivial. I'm just saying that there are some of us out there that pretty much hit all the lows in life with damn few things to look back on and smile about. She had plenty to be glad for I think.

Edited by KoolHndLuke

Not definitive yet, but I might be saying goodbye to my job. It's a miracle I've lasted this long. I've had excessive absences due to medical issues caused by chemotherapy and other health problems. They don't want to keep absolving my callouts from work, which I understand. 

14 minutes ago, Azzhat said:

Not definitive yet, but I might be saying goodbye to my job. It's a miracle I've lasted this long. I've had excessive absences due to medical issues caused by chemotherapy and other health problems. They don't want to keep absolving my callouts from work, which I understand. 

Oof. I mean, it's understandable but still an asshole move for them to make if they do make it happen.

Will you at least have something like severence pay or similar?

5 hours ago, Idyll said:

Oof. I mean, it's understandable but still an asshole move for them to make if they do make it happen.

Will you at least have something like severence pay or similar?

I might be able to collect unemployment. I'm also going to be having a hearing for obtaining Social Security next month.

My friend passed away unexpectedly yesterday. He was one of the motivations I had to fight through cancer that wasn't guilt-based. He affected thousands of people in a positive light, and the world is a darker place without him. Rest in peace buddy. I'll miss you.

On 5/4/2022 at 4:06 AM, Azzhat said:

I might be able to collect unemployment. I'm also going to be having a hearing for obtaining Social Security next month.

I hope things go well for you, I know how such unstable situations can affect one for better and/or worse. ?

1 hour ago, Azzhat said:

My friend passed away unexpectedly yesterday. He was one of the motivations I had to fight through cancer that wasn't guilt-based. He affected thousands of people in a positive light, and the world is a darker place without him. Rest in peace buddy. I'll miss you.

I'll light some incense for his soul. ?

Japanese rose scented ones, to breathe fresh wind in his wings. ?

I going to just  flat out saying found out something s to make a Long tail back in 2019 I gave Anna's uncals son my PC for his 18 bday alate gift where I live work not like going to town is easy unless you fly out an in the people I work for owns a motel music studio fx sound & dance  Broadway studio  so November 2019 that PC gets hacked someone on Reddit you see Anna's uncal is a federal agent that was his son  that was my PC I gave well flashy joe  about 7 other's they know who and were they have all information on you very stupid the SE allows aback door into PC changing fire wall rule among other stuff they be here on the lab watching collecting info very collective also a few other sight being taken down some mod sight  I didn't know that untill about week half ago I'm still in Italy so bye SE team don't know what I can say whenever they come for you  they Will be ..

45 minutes ago, CPU said:

Remo Williams adventure ended.

Good bye, Fred Ward.

Worms. Why did it have to be worms . . . ?

The older I get - the more I avoid the rising count of deaths I recognize. People are always dropping like flies, but as one gets older - it becomes more personal.

Anyways, he'll be missed. Another of those actors whom seems to have avoided becoming what many would appear to despise in the Hollywood industry today.

(The best way to know I've passed will be a loss of supporter 'title' without an explanation somewhere that I voluntarily left this platform)

Edited by landess
  • 2 weeks later...

RIP LL members that just 'quit the field', closing their account. If that isn't a final statement of 'fuck you' to a community that shares free original content and often goes out of their way to help users, then Idk what is. Bad form I say.

3 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

RIP LL members that just 'quit the field', closing their account. If that isn't a final statement of 'fuck you' to a community that shares free original content and often goes out of their way to help users, then Idk what is. Bad form I say.

When folks like Yinkle realize there are more important thing than being mad about their good work being stolen, it's inevitable.

Yinkle said goodbye and he had his reasons. Those that just "check out"... frankly feel like quitters to me. Who cares if somebody liked them and actually enjoyed their posts or something... right?

But, I should expect this from a world that fucking cringes at the thought of the faintest of commitments. It's no wonder world populations are projected to be on a sharp decline in the coming decades.:classic_dry:

Edited by KoolHndLuke

For right or wrong, you are owed nothing, and that includes any positive or negative connotations thereof. A modder doesn't need any kind of justification for leaving; this isn't a democracy and people like Clonereal and Bakafactory are free to "borrow" any publicly available shit and for whatever reason nothing gets done about it.

It's their mod and if they don't want money being charged for it on patreon or schakenmods, their exactly one choice is make it 100% unavailable except to whom they choose.

7 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

faintest of commitments.

Much akin to the same argument during the heyday of paid mods for GMod and SFM, your commitment don't pay my bills and my commitments sure as fuck aren't going to pay yours, especially when you had jack shit to do with their development. "For the good of the community" ends at the end of your face and goes no further, and intentions got jack shit to do with it.

7 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

sharp decline

It'll get even sharper when women begin to figure the 80/20 rule applies just as much to them as it does to men, and that vajayjay isn't as full of unicorn farts and pixie dust as they think it is.

Edited by 27X
4 hours ago, 27X said:

For right or wrong, you are owed nothing, and that includes any positive or negative connotations thereof. A modder doesn't need any kind of justification for leaving; this isn't a democracy and people like Clonereal and Bakafactory are free to "borrow" any publicly available shit and for whatever reason nothing gets done about it.

It's their mod and if they don't want money being charged for it on patreon or schakenmods, their exactly one choice is make it 100% unavailable except to whom they choose.

Just as artists aren't owed any "pampering" when they are called out by others.   I think the point is that we have gone to this "you better not offend me at all!" attitude.  The "Either I win or I go home" mentality that is reflected (imo) of people thinking they are much more than what they are.   I think you would agree that Hollywood is an example of that.  

As for population in decline, I put equal blame on men becoming weaker.   We have several examples of where men act the coward, from waiting outside a school to watching someone being assaulted.