The R.I.P. Thread- Saying Goodbye to Whatever

On 8/9/2019 at 9:51 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

Oh, you ain't seen nothin' yet! :classic_laugh:

P.S. I spent months trying to fix some things.

I know that this is really late, but I'm STILL waiting for someone to tell me how to fix outfit clipping in BS&OS. That was about 3 years ago when I first asked that.

4 minutes ago, deadjester226 said:

I know that this is really late, but I'm STILL waiting for someone to tell me how to fix outfit clipping in BS&OS. That was about 3 years ago when I first asked that.

Wish I had your patience.

As for fixing clipping issues in OS: Open the nif you want to fix and select "Increase mesh volume in an area" (the symbol that looks like a planet with a moon). You can then either just click on the part with clipping issues, or click and drag to affect a bigger area and get a smoother result.

7 minutes ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Go to File-> Import-> From NIF. Navigate to the file you want to open.

There was nothing there. The thing directed to my SliderPresets and the file was empty.

Spoiler

1393533440_OutfitStudio4_27_20238_45_59AM.thumb.png.be0cc93f1b94e940249aa27a6c0fdd4c.png

11 hours ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Open the nif you want to fix and select "Increase mesh volume in an area

Not always as simple as that. May also need to add vertices in some areas and smooth the mesh out for BS sliders (while also paying attention that your textures don't warp too much while smoothing) or the mesh may just be too blocky to cover properly no matter how much you inflate it (and it will look like shit). Now to get rid of even more, you have to edit each slider affecting an area (it does take time) but it definitely worth it. It's especially noticeable in animations- even more so with physics. But another big factor when it comes to clipping in animation is bone weights- if you copy those into your outfit from the reference, it should get rid of clipping in animations/physics. Just be sure to copy the right bone weights for the right areas of the mesh and don't leave anything unweighted. Best way to do this is to click on the ref, shift click the bones for an area (such as the breasts), click on the mesh(s) you want painted, and copy selected weights (not all unless you're sure since it will overwrite any other weighted vertices in the mesh such as cloth physics).

The final thing you do is to check in game after you build the outfit. Now... you can adjust the .nif from your BS folder and try building it again (this can take many, many times to get right)., but you really can only get so close that way. No. The best way is to edit the .nif directly from your game folder in OS and then export it back. If it was saved without the ref, then just load the ref used back in, do what you need to do, and export without ref.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
41 minutes ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Never had any issues doing it that way. Probably 'cause I tend to redo old BS conversions from scratch.

I use different bodies (conversions) and move things around a lot and break up sets of .nifs in a project usually for modularity- meaning I can mix and match pieces in game without having to rebuild the mesh each and every time. If you're just using things as originally designed, then you probably won't have many problems just inflating/deflating the mesh.

Edited by KoolHndLuke

He was the canary in the coal mine. His show started as a topical exploration of a given subject with pro/con viewpoints. The ratings were ok at best, and soon enough the "confrontational enhancement" began. Basically Twitter but smarter people.

Edited by 27X
15 hours ago, 27X said:

He was the canary in the coal mine. His show started as a topical exploration of a given subject with pro/con viewpoints. The ratings were ok at best, and soon enough the "confrontational enhancement" began. Basically Twitter but smarter people.

So would say that he helped usher in a new genre of shows that started with this one.

Spoiler

Ah, The Real World.

Speaking of Coal Canaries, the literal showcase of MTV losing the plot not even ten years after they started. Not being satisfied with stellar rating the first two seasons, they deliberately started casting people the casting staff red flagged, starting with good ol' Puck, and of course the fourth season attempt at creating general drama by throwing everyone in London, season five generally known as "then they fucked", and of course seven+'s habit of deliberately casting two (or more) people that were absolutely guaranteed to hate each other's guts, so there could a be a highlight reel.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Gordon Lightfoot.

Sundown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IBdZ645S-o

Hard to think that his songs have been part of my life for almost half a century.

1 hour ago, Slorm said:

Same here, he was a remarkable songwriter/singer. Difficult to pick a favourite but on balance "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

If You Could Read My Mind is my favorite of his (although I like his other work as well).

2 hours ago, Sir Bron said:

Gordon. Sad

No small consolation that his music will live on though a little longer. But it definitely is an era that might soon be completely forgotten and misunderstood as so many have from our past.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
3 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

R.I.P. Conspiracy Thread. I figured it wouldn't last but it was fun while it lasted.

I said most conspiracies are Religious or Government related.

For Gordo....

6 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

No small consolation that his music will live on though a little longer. But it definitely is an era that might soon be completely forgotten and misunderstood as so many have from our past.

Yes, I think he will live on for a while, at least for us Gen Xers who know more of his songs than we think we do.    I am surprised no one posted "wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" yet, though "If you could read my mind" is still my favorite.  I heard on NPR the reason he wrote that song was because of his first marriage that failed due to them growing apart, and how initially he felt it was her, but later at the request of their children, he put more emphasis on both of them "losing the love".

From a former sailor "Fair winds and following seas, Mr. Lightfoot".