Love the idea of this, tired of waiting 2 hours for next try to remove or unjam lock, but I have replaced Lydia as my follower with Kaidan (mod follower), and he is not giving any dialogue for this. Any way to include special followers like this? I think he has special dialogue and maybe that's blocking yours? 

Did get a chuckle over Lydia saying she wanted to see me tied up, right after killing bandits, given how boring her dialogue is normally.

thanks!

Out of five custom followers I'm travelling with most _do not_ work with DDH.

Ambriel isn't working.

Arissa isn't working.

Sofia isn't working (and she should be kinkiest of them all IMO!).

Mirai works well.

M'rissi works well.

Maybe it's because some of them are not _technically_ followers and are scripted independently? They don't count for follower limit for example.

2 hours ago, lvk said:

Ambriel isn't working.

Arissa isn't working.

Mirai works well.

M'rissi works well.

Maybe it's because some of them are not _technically_ followers and are scripted independently? They don't count for follower limit for example.

I guess the reason for that is probably that many custom followers use their own follower system and not the one from the vanilla game. Several other mods that "do stuff" with followers have similar issues, like for example Cursed Loot.

There is a possible though potentially risky workaround. You can use EFF (Extensible Follower Framework) to "force recruit" any NPC, including custom follower's into EFF's follower management system. That has the side-effect that those follower will now also be visible to other mods like Cursed Loot and most likely also this one here. HOWEVER, force-recruiting custom followers into EFF (or similar options if they exist in other follower management mods like AFT), can break the custom follower's scripts so that you won't be able to play with them any more. In my experience, Sofia can be force-recruited and her own quests, commentary and custom functions (like for example Sofia's drunk state) still work fine. Just make sure to not use EFF's commands on them, just do the force recruit and then keep using the followers' own dialog options, not EFF's management options. I'd probably wait to try and force-recruit Arissa until her quest is complete and she has become a "full" follower. I've had very mixed results with the AnnaNPC followers (Anduniel et. al.) and think that Inigo and Vilja will break completely when attempting to use a follower framework mod on them.  -- In summary, keep a backup of your savegame from before attempting to use EFF or similar with custom followers in case you break them.

3 hours ago, marymuir2 said:

Love the idea of this, tired of waiting 2 hours for next try to remove or unjam lock, but I have replaced Lydia as my follower with Kaidan (mod follower), and he is not giving any dialogue for this. Any way to include special followers like this? I think he has special dialogue and maybe that's blocking yours? 

Did get a chuckle over Lydia saying she wanted to see me tied up, right after killing bandits, given how boring her dialogue is normally.

thanks!

3 hours ago, lvk said:

Ambriel isn't working.

Arissa isn't working.

Mirai works well.

M'rissi works well.

Custom followers have come up before and I don't have a one-size-fits all solution yet.  The cause is quite simple:  Fully custom followers do not join the CurrentHireling or CurrentFollowerFaction factions.  If they did they would get all the standard follower behavior along with their custom behavior (and conflicts may develop).  And because they don't follow the standard they each have their own way of tracking follower state.

That make the fix hard.  To do it "right" my mod would need an "Encyclopedia of Custom Followers" to be able to detect the presence and state of each one.  Since that is not practical I'm going to have to use a "kluge".  Some possibilities are:

1. Use a relationship rank of Ally or greater.  Simple but could easily include people who are not followers.
  2. A special DDH faction with a way to recruit and dismiss members.  The trick is to limit recruitment to appropriate people.

@El_Duderino You are brave to suggest such a work-around.

I need to think about this for a while and see if any new ideas come up.  Suggestions are welcome.

1 hour ago, TurboNerd said:

1. Use a relationship rank of Ally or greater.  Simple but could easily include people who are not followers.
  2. A special DDH faction with a way to recruit and dismiss members.  The trick is to limit recruitment to appropriate people.

The second one actually sounds great! Have a special faction where you can recruit some people. Would be interesting to have no follower, but return to your favourite inn where the owner knows your kinky side and suggest to play while you're taking a nap. :smile:

2 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

A special DDH faction with a way to recruit and dismiss members.  The trick is to limit recruitment to appropriate people.

I've seen that method with some other mods..  quite reliable, stable and no need for big dependencies.

Player interaction could look like

• add a page to the MCM menu
  • select actor with SL framework selection method (no need to do it twice and waste another hotkey)
  • functionality "add selected actor to custom follower list"
  • functionality "remove from list"
  • functionality "purge list"
  • Done :classic_smile:

?

Advanced version:

• funcionality "load list from json file" and "save list"
15 hours ago, worik said:

Advanced version:

• functionality "load list from json file" and "save list"

For this, you could collect entries from DDH users of their various custom followers, and have a JSON available that covers most/all of the most popular custom followers.

(I don't mean automatically, though I suspect that could be a thing - maybe have a command in the MCM to "submit registered followers", if that's possible.)

On 1.4.2018 at 5:53 PM, Lowezar said:

The second one actually sounds great! Have a special faction where you can recruit some people. Would be interesting to have no follower, but return to your favourite inn where the owner knows your kinky side and suggest to play while you're taking a nap. :smile:

^this. :smile: I'd totally love it to add Belethor for example or some other vanilla dom characters. ;)

Imho restrictions wouldn't be necessary, except maybe to a reasonable amount. If somebody wants everybody in Dragonreach be a "helper", why prevent it? Maybe some checks would be required to make sure that beeing in the same room with two or more helpers doesn't cause multiple triggers at once, not sure if that's even possible, didn't try this mod much yet.

On 31. marec 2018 at 3:52 PM, TurboNerd said:

Meeko? Meeko!!!  :open_mouth: I had not even thought to try that, and I was not aware of it.  Smart dog!  :smile:

Currently anybody (or dog?) in the CurrentFollowerFaction or CurrentHireling is eligible to tie you up.

Now to find out how to dumb down the dogs...  Or I could hand Meeko a treat and have him tie you up some more :smiley:

I can add not-in-creature-faction to the rules and fix if for the base game.  Note that creatures added by mods such as sabre cat followers may still speak up (and have very handy paws) if the mod author didn't know to add their pet to the creature faction.

Thanks for the update! :smile:

On 1. april 2018 at 5:53 PM, Lowezar said:

Or the barkeep renting the player character (against her will) to patrons for stress release and fluid level lowering when she stays the night.

Hi turbo !

Once my follower offer me playtime and i dont have any items on me

He ties my hands and put me on a gag and a blindfold even if i unchecked the option

After playtime is over, he unties me but leave the gag and blindfold on

I say fine ! because he can cut my blindfold...no he doesnt want to, he says that he need a key

So i cut them myself :tongue:

Is it supposed to happen ?

On 4/1/2018 at 10:02 AM, TurboNerd said:

I think I lost a post when I asked about this, non-followers would not be affected as they never actually "become" your follower for the Helpers dialog to kick in, would they? :open_mouth:

On 4/1/2018 at 10:02 AM, TurboNerd said:

I too would vote for this option, it's great that Helpers works for current followers deep in a dungeon*, but if you have no followers with you when the unfortunate debilitating tying event happens, you need to go seek out the nearest "can be a follower" person (if you can't afford the local Blacksmith) and first recruit them to follow you, THEN ask them to undo the mess you've gotten yourself into, then likely dismiss them immediately after because of whatever reason you had to not have a follower with you in the first place. :confused:

*unless it's a Cursed Loot event that disappears any keys you *and* your follower were keeping on hand when it ties you two up, now you're both just dead weight :confounded:

I could see both Innkeepers and Shopkeepers (Merchant faction?) as counting for "appropriate people" as much as a Blacksmith, but ask for entirely different compensations for their "help":

Followers - unties you for free (if you or they have keys), because your restricted condition could get you both killed, simple self-preservation.

Blacksmiths - unties or breaks you loose for a fee, just another part of the job, simple profit.

Innkeepers - unties you "in the morning", IF you spend that night bound and entertaining the other guests (regular working girl is out sick, they don't have a regular girl, opportunity for 'cost-free' entertainment), this could just be for eye-candy, or dancing, or full-on "service with a (gagged) smile", simple marketing to increase business/profit.

Shopkeepers - a bit trickier, different shopkeepers may have different motivations, maybe Belethor notices something you're carrying that could bring him a hefty profit (or more traffic into his shop) if it was for sale on his shelf, so he'll agree to untie you IF you trade him your shiny trinket for his help. Or those snooty Radiant Raiment girls in Solitude need a "display model" for a few business hours to show how well their nice dresses look and fit over top of the various devices you're wearing, then they'll untie you at closing time.

Functionally, I'm thinking we could "tag" an eligible NPC (custom follower or businessperson), via dialog or spell or power, to basically ask, "hey, here's a full set of keys, if I get tied/stumble in here bound up head-to-toe would you please use them to unlock me?", which they'd agree to do pleasantly enough, but if/when you DID show back up to their business entirely helpless, they would take advantage and add a few "conditions" for their assistance, "one hand washes the other" :smile:

Edit: Actually I wouldn't mind seeing the "business owners" have Helpers options by default and just use any tagging mechanism on custom followers :tongue:

On 4/2/2018 at 7:43 PM, tuxagent7 said:

Hi turbo !

Once my follower offer me playtime and i dont have any items on me

He ties my hands and put me on a gag and a blindfold even if i unchecked the option

After playtime is over, he unties me but leave the gag and blindfold on

I say fine ! because he can cut my blindfold...no he doesnt want to, he says that he need a key

So i cut them myself :tongue:

Is it supposed to happen ?

No,  If the option is unchecked the follower should not tie your hands.   Sounds like I forgot to add the option's Boolean to an equation somewhere.  I'll check it.

Yes, if you (or the follower) don't have keys on you, the devices don't get unlocked.

On device cutting, the follower needs to have either a knife or a dagger.  He will try to use a key first, and if neither one of you has one he will offer to cut the device.  Cutting a device destroys it, so if you want to play with a device later you can choose to continue playing with it now ;) .

Note that whether a weapon is a dagger is determined by the presence of a keyword, so custom mod-added daggers should work, but if the mod author left the keyword off then the mod won't know they are daggers.

@S4WDU5TI read your post.  It's clear you have an imagination, but somewhere lost sight of the problem I was trying to address.

The problem is that certain custom followers use their own custom follower system instead of the vanilla follower system that my mod presently depends on.  So if you recruit Sophia, for example, my mod doesn't know she's a follower, and does not add any of the mod's new behavior to her.  It is not a good idea to force her into the vanilla follower system since that would add the standard follower behavior to her, could prevent her custom behavior from working correctly and who knows what else.

So I was brainstorming some ways to identify someone as a follower who, like Sophia, is not using the standard system.  None of the ideas are perfect.

Since most followers have a relationship rank of ally or greater, adding the DD Helper behavior to all people who's relationship rank was ally or greater would make most custom followers like Sophia work.  Of course it would also cause others, like potential followers and spouses, unlock you if you are in their presence (but the would not follow you).

The direction I am likely to go, however, is to allow the player to designate people as helpers using either the "cross-hairs" and a spell or the Sexlab designated partner.  I may limit it to people who's relationship rank is ally or greater.  I may limit it to a single person.  I have not come up with my final answer yet.

I have no plan to add any animations, prostitution or sex scenes, at least not yet.  There are already a selection of mods which do that including Deviously Cursed Loot.

Also, I'm pretty busy this week so I can't promise a quick update.  The "Follower always ties hands" bug will be the first thing fixed.

6 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

So I was brainstorming some ways to identify someone as a follower who, like Sophia, is not using the standard system.  None of the ideas are perfect.

you may want to check with Verstort (creator of Deviously Enslaved Continued) to see if he is willing to share his method for manually adding followers.

i do not know how he does it but it does work on npcs like Arissa, stalking healers (they follow like a stalker but heal you), and others.

On 4/4/2018 at 1:54 AM, valcon767 said:

you may want to check with Verstort (creator of Deviously Enslaved Continued) to see if he is willing to share his method for manually adding followers.

i do not know how he does it but it does work on npcs like Arissa, stalking healers (they follow like a stalker but heal you), and others.

DEC's method sucks, requiring the player to add each NPC that isn't auto detected...

The manual add button requires a third mod, UIExtensions, for the user interface. There's probably a interface you can use instead, but I don't know it.

Code:

bAddFollowerManuallyOID = AddTextOption("Add Follower Manually", "Push Here")

event OnOptionSelect(int a_option) 
  if a_option == bAddFollowerManuallyOID 
    addPermanentFollower()
  else

function addPermanentFollower()
  ; "get nearby NPCs as possible choices"
  Actor[] a = getNearbyActorsLinear(500)

; "new menu for user to select which NPC of the list we searched should be saved for future"
  UIListMenu menu = UIExtensions.GetMenu("UIListMenu", true) as UIListMenu

; "populate the list with nearby NPCs"
  int index = 0
  while index < a.length
    if a[index] != None && a[index].GetDisplayName() != ""
      ; "only populating with the names, because we get the index back from the menu, "
      ; " and both the menu and NPC are indexed the same "
      menu.AddEntryItem(a[index].GetDisplayName())
    endif
    index += 1
  endWhile

; "add cancel button, and open menu for users to select one "
  menu.AddEntryItem(" ** cancel **")
  menu.OpenMenu()

; " get response from user, selection as an index"
  int result = UIExtensions.GetmenuResultInt("UIListMenu")

; "user selected valid NPC, add them to our list for future reference"
  if result >= 0 && result < a.length
    Actor tmp = a[result]
    ; "save our NPC to the permanentFollowers formlist, you can use an array of Actors if you like instead"
    permanentFollowers.addForm(tmp)
    tmp.addToFaction(crdeFormerFollowerFaction)
    ; "factions are easier to detect in dialogue conditions than if in formlist"
    Debug.Trace(a[result] + " -> " + tmp.GetDisplayName() +" has been added to the DEC manually marked list of followers.")
  ; "cancel button was chosen"
  elseif result == a.length
    ; do nothing, was the cancel button debugmsg("cancel button pushed")
  else
    Debug.Messagebox("ERROR: returning index was an invalid size") ; "hasn't happened yet"
  endif
endFunction

; "requires SKSE"
; "distance is int 'game units' which is GECK/CREATION specific unit"
; "https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Unit"
Actor[] function getNearbyActorsLinear(int distance = 1024)
  Cell c = player.GetParentCell()
  Actor[] followers = new Actor[15]
  Actor currentTest
  int index = 0
  Int NumRefs = c.GetNumRefs(43)
    While NumRefs > 0 && index < 15 NumRefs -= 1
      currentTest = c.GetNthRef(NumRefs, 43) as Actor
      if distance >= currentTest.GetDistance(player)
        followers[index] = currentTest
        index += 1
      endif
    EndWhile
  Return followers
endFunction

User pushes button in MCM, opens a new UIExtensions menu of nearby NPCs for user to select, added to a list of special NPCs to use when searching for followers in the future

PS DEC is GPL 3 but I don't care at all if you take any part of the mods code and use it yourself, this extends to pretty much any mod author who is scrounging for working code.

Edit: Great... can't put a code block into a spoiler block or you get this wall:

bAddFollowerManuallyOID = AddTextOption("Add Follower Manually", "Push Here") ... event OnOptionSelect(int a_option) if a_option == bAddFollowerManuallyOID addPermanentFollower() ... function addPermanentFollower() ; "get nearby NPCs as possible choises" actor[] a = getNearbyActorsLinear(500) ; range (500) in game units ; "new menu for user to select which NPC of the list we searched should be saved for future" UIListMenu menu = UIExtensions.GetMenu("UIListMenu", true) as UIListMenu ; "populate the list with nearby NPCs" int index = 0 while index < a.length if a[index] != None && a[index].GetDisplayName() != "" ; "only populating with the names, because we get the index back from the menu, " ; " and both the menu and NPC are indexed the same " menu.AddEntryItem(a[index].GetDisplayName()) endif index += 1 endWhile ; "add cancel button, and open menu for users to select one " menu.AddEntryItem(" ** cancel **") menu.OpenMenu() ; " get response from user, selection as an index" int result = UIExtensions.GetmenuResultInt("UIListMenu") ; "user selected valid NPC, add them to our list for future reference" if result >= 0 && result < a.length actor tmp = a[result] ; "save our NPC to the permanentFollowers formlist, you can use an array of actors if you like instead" permanentFollowers.addForm(tmp) tmp.addToFaction(crdeFormerFollowerFaction) ; "factions are easier to detect in dialogue conditions than if in formlist" Debug.Trace(a[result] + " -> " + tmp.GetDisplayName() +" has been added to the DEC manually marked list of followers.") ; "cancel button was chosen" elseif result == a.length ; do nothing, was the cancel button debugmsg("cancel button pushed") else Debug.Messagebox("ERROR: returning index was an invalid size") ; "hasn't happened yet" endif endFunction ; "requires SKSE" ; "distance is int 'game units' which is GECK/CREATION specific unit" ; "https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Unit" Actor[] function getNearbyActorsLinear(int distance = 1024) Cell c = player.GetParentCell() Actor[] followers = new actor[15] actor currentTest int index = 0 Int NumRefs = c.GetNumRefs(43) While NumRefs > 0 && index < 15 NumRefs -= 1 currentTest = c.GetNthRef(NumRefs, 43) as Actor if distance >= currentTest.GetDistance(player) followers[index] = currentTest index += 1 endif EndWhile Return followers endFunction

@Verstort Thanks for the sample code.  It gives me some ideas to work with.

I would, however, like to validate potential candidates so that, to the extent possible, NPC's who won't follow do not clutter the list (in case you identify your follower in the Whiterun market, for example).  It would also prevent adding any random NPC to the mod's list so that they will untie you for free.

For starters I could test for a relationship rank of ally or greater.  Could those of you who use custom followers like Sophia check the relationship rank and let me know of any who's rank is not 3 or 4?  The console command "getrelationshiprank player <target>" will tell you.  Be sure to select your custom follower.

There does not appear to be a way for papyrus to ask the system "Is this NPC running an AI package which includes following?".  Let me know if I missed it.

I should note that this is only to identify followers who do not use the standard follower factions to the mod.  It will not turn a non-follower into a follower since most follower management mods will do that and I don't see any need to reinvent that wheel.

I need to do some more testing, but I think I have found a conflict with mittens.

I will try and confirm, but I've just had issues removing a gag & blindfold through the DDH dialog.

I think it was because I was wearing mittens at the time, so DDH said 'remove', the mittens said 'no', and then both devices broke and were stuck on. There were almost certainly other factors in play tho.

Hi,

Is there a bug with the "Bondage Lover" option since the latest update ? ... When i check it, my follower let me saying "I'm not in the mood" and doesn't "force" my character to be tied ... ?

I tried to uninstall the mod... made a clean save with ReSaver or SaveTool .... reinstalled the mod and the "Bondage Lover" option still doesn't work.

Also tried the "Reset state" in Debug... 

I have to test with a fresh game.

On 4/13/2018 at 5:51 PM, SkyRoller said:

Hi,

Is there a bug with the "Bondage Lover" option since the latest update ? ... When i check it, my follower let me saying "I'm not in the mood" and doesn't "force" my character to be tied ... ?

I tried to uninstall the mod... made a clean save with ReSaver or SaveTool .... reinstalled the mod and the "Bondage Lover" option still doesn't work.

Also tried the "Reset state" in Debug... 

I have to test with a fresh game.

Noted.  It's on the investigate and fix list.

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I noticed that if you have no items, and you agree to be bound, the follower conjures up some items with a throwaway dialogue line.

Great.

However, follower does not have keys for these items.

How awkward.

This is intentional.  It is easy to lock most locks without having the key.