Thanks for the new version, and for this great mod. I already find it essential for a devious playthrough.

4 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

Notices will be posted (upper left corner) when the follower wants to tie up the player and when the follower is tired of the game.  These messages should repeat about once a minute (wall clock time).  The "You notice that <FollowerName> has a devious look." message is only displayed in eligible locations so that it is not a distraction in dangerous locations.

Just reporting that I get this notice pop up on my screen even when I don't have a follower. (Started a new game and it was already happening in the LAL prison cell.) Every minute I get "You notice that   has a devious look" with just a space where the follower name would be. Is there a way to check if the player has a follower and disable the notification if they don't?

Thanks.

7 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

If the player asks to be untied early (or perhaps ever), should the follower offer an incentive to the player to remain tied up?  Should an incentive be offered for remaining tied up a substantially longer time than normal?  What about undertaking some task while tied?

Yes for the incentives and differents task while tied would be fun

**Question :  If i give the inventory items to my follower and when he ask me if i want to be tied up, will he take the items from his inventory or it must be in mine ?

I want to give devices to my followers and have nothing in my inventory and he would take the items in his inventory, can we do that ?

thanks for the mod and looking forward to each update

3 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

Just reporting that I get this notice pop up on my screen even when I don't have a follower. (Started a new game and it was already happening in the LAL prison cell.) Every minute I get "You notice that   has a devious look" with just a space where the follower name would be. Is there a way to check if the player has a follower and disable the notification if they don't?

Thanks for the report.  It appears that I left a condition off the logic for this item.  I will try to fix this soon.

34 minutes ago, tuxagent7 said:

I want to give devices to my followers and have nothing in my inventory and he would take the items in his inventory, can we do that ?

I have long wanted to be able to give items to my followers and have them carry them rather than wear them.  Unfortunately due to constraints with the underlying Skyrim engine DDi always equips any items given to a follower.  The best I could manage is for the follower to unlock the items from him/herself and lock them on the player.  It would mean that your follower would run around tied up most of the time.  I don't think I'll be doing that.

12 minutes ago, TurboNerd said:

Thanks for the report.  It appears that I left a condition off the logic for this item.  I will try to fix this soon.

I have long wanted to be able to give items to my followers and have them carry them rather than wear them.  Unfortunately due to constraints with the underlying Skyrim engine DDi has always equips any items given to a follower.  The best I could manage is for the follower to unlock the items from him/herself and lock them on the player.  I would mean that your follower would run around while tied up most of the time.  I don't think I'll be doing that.

Nah you are right i dont want my follower tied, i wanted them to carry also, could they spawn items randomly when tying the player ?

Hey dragonborn look what i have found ..... wanna play ? boum Straightjacket :tongue:

2 hours ago, tuxagent7 said:

Nah you are right i dont want my follower tied, i wanted them to carry also, could they spawn items randomly when tying the player ?

I have thought about doing this.  It is a possible outcome if the player is not carrying anything which can be locked on her (due to being already locked or there is already a device obstructing the slot).

3 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

On further reflection the  "You notice that <follower> has a devious look" line comes from a script attached to a quest which should not start if there is no follower (because it can't fill the alias).  However, "Started a new game and it was already happening in the LAL prison cell." is quick and easy to try, so I'll do that tonight and see if I can figure out what's going on.

1 hour ago, TurboNerd said:

I have thought about doing this.  It is a possible outcome if the player is not carrying anything which can be locked on her (due to being already locked or there is already a device obstructing the slot).

It would be excellent :smile: (mischevious grin)

Hot fix 0.2.2 is up.  It fixes the issue that @SleepyJim reported where "You notice that  has a devious look" appeared in the LAL starting dungeon.  Turns out that the quest did not start when it wasn't supposed to but the OnInit event fired in the attached script anyway.  Another surprise for my personal list of undocumented tricks and misfeatures.

As a bonus I added an option for Cleared dungeons, forts and other potential combat areas to be eligible places for the player to get tied up.  This is enabled by an MCM option which defaults off.

This pretty much wraps up the low hanging fruit.  I need to tackle the forced greet option now and I have some things to do in real life.  The next update will take a while longer.

22 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

If the player asks to be untied early (or perhaps ever), should the follower offer an incentive to the player to remain tied up?  Should an incentive be offered for remaining tied up a substantially longer time than normal?  What about undertaking some task while tied?

If you did implement this function, maybe offering gold or sex could be the incentives?

Going with the gold idea, you could make the amount of gold you get over time correspond with the amount it takes to unlock various bits of gear at the blacksmith (so the largest reward of gold is the amount it takes to get the blacksmith to unbind yokes/armbinders--this would serve as an alternative way to eventually unbind yourself if you lose/can't find any keys).

I think the offering of sex as a reward might be a good way to roleplay the submission.

Sophia custom follower has separate inventory (container) which she can carry around but not wear. Maybe you can add some such container to all vanilla followers by adding separate dialogue option? It can be shared for all followers, just one simple container for any follower to use. And then they can look in it too for some lovely items to use :smile:

3 hours ago, notwavman said:

Sophia custom follower has separate inventory (container) which she can carry around but not wear. Maybe you can add some such container to all vanilla followers by adding separate dialogue option? It can be shared for all followers, just one simple container for any follower to use. And then they can look in it too for some lovely items to use :smile:

Sophia is not the only one.  IAFT adds a separate backpack to all followers.  Try to put a chastity belt in it and you get "Backpack blushes as you lock the chastity belt around her hips." :smiley:  The older AFT and EFF do the same.  Since additional inventories are common features of follower managers your suggestion would have the effect of adding a third with confusion to follow.

9 hours ago, Quillboar said:

I think the offering of sex as a reward might be a good way to roleplay the submission.

I didn't write that down very clearly did I?  I was thinking of the follower offering an incentive to the player to tolerate being tied up a while longer.  The follower offering gold is certainly a possibility.  Sex could be a reward if the player wants it but in most cases sex involving a bound player is rape, and there's already more than enough ways for that to happen.  It's in my idea list but I have another fish (or two) to fry first.

8 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

Sophia is not the only one.  IAFT adds a separate backpack to all followers.  Try to put a chastity belt in it and you get "Backpack blushes as you lock the chastity belt around her hips." :smiley:  The older AFT and EFF do the same.  Since additional inventories are common features of follower managers your suggestion would have the effect of adding a third with confusion to follow.

I believe it was discussed previously that you were considering having a particular container that was used as a "bondage gear" inventory, which followers would draw on when binding you and return items to when finished. That would probably be preferable to an additional inventory for followers. Maybe not even an actual physical container, like the Bag of Holding mod can do. (Well, it can be dropped in the world and used like a regular container, but you get my point.)

22 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

Well, I actually used Sophia's one successfully, without locking up the poor container :smile:

23 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

The problem for me, as far as writing code goes, is that they all (at least potentially) work differently.  I also want my code to work for all followers.  To do that I would have to add a container like Sophia's to all followers.  People using IAFT, AFT or EFF would find that there are three containers and I would spend forever responding to confused users in the forums.  I will consider creating a special container once I get all my initial core functions working.

Version 0.3.0 is out!

Force-greet is finally working (I think).  Please enjoy it (and test it for me ;)).  I expect there will be a few bugs to squash yet.

New:  When your follower wants to play and your character is in an eligible location your follower will approach your character and ask to tie her up.

New:  When your follower thinks that play time is over your follower will approach your character and say so.  If your character chooses, the follower will remove all devices which were locked on at the start of play.

• For each devices to be removed either the player or the follower must have a key (in their standard inventory).
  • Any devices your player was wearing before play time will be left locked on (they can be removed individually with keys).
  • Any devices for which neither your player or the follower has a key will be left locked on.  Find a key and you can remove them individually.
  • As usual, any devices with the Skip Generic and/or Quest Item keywords will be left as is.

On 2/8/2018 at 4:11 AM, valcon767 said:

a reset mod button - this would reset the entire mod to default settings (as if it was just installed) for emergency problems that cannot be solved any other way

This is something I'm going to add soon since either bugs or an interaction with some other mod may mess things up.  I intend to reset the states in the mod such that the player character is not tied, the follower does not want to tie up the player character and the force-greets won't happen (at least until the follower wants to tie up the player again).

What I question is whether is should set all the MCM options to defaults.  What I'm thinking is that a user could fix any settings before pushing the reset button.  Can anyone give me a good reason to reset all the MCM options?

Thanks.

I have uploaded 0.3.1 as a hotfix to 0.3.0.  It fixes a few issue and adds a "Reset mod state" button to the debug page of the MCM.

New: A "Reset mod state." has been added to the debug page of the MCM menu.  Once you select this and close the menus the following results: Follower does not want to tie player and will remove any requested items.  Last play time is set to current time (resets clock).  Any items locked on by the follower which the player is still wearing are removed.

Fixed: The tie-up force-greet respects the setting of "Follower asks to tie player" MCM option.

Fixed: The release force-greet respects the setting of "Follower assists with devices" MCM option.

Fixed: Items locked on by a follower but subsequently removed by the player are removed from the list of items locked on by the follower.  If all such items are removed the "Please unlock the stuff you locked on me." choice will not be stuck on indefinitely.

The Divines must have sent you. I was about to uninstall Cursed Loot because it was getting annoying. Anyways, I ran into an issue: Whenever I go to a blacksmith to unlock my character's restraints, all the options are there but when I try to pay them they immediately say "Come back when you change your mind" or something like that without removing the restraints and do not take the money. Yes, I have enough gold to pay for the service. Any idea?

On 3/10/2018 at 1:26 PM, TurboNerd said:

Sophia is not the only one.

Speaking of Sophia, this mod doesn't work with her. She has neither the "Can you help me out?" dialog, nor does she ask to tie you up. Could you possibly fix that? I rather like her. :smiley:

(Other, standard followers work fine, so it's not that I failed to install the mod properly.)

Or perhaps, more generically, allow the player to designate any NPC as an eligible follower via the MCM? That would solve compatibility with a wide selection of third party followers.

3 hours ago, Koffii said:

Speaking of Sophia, this mod doesn't work with her. She has neither the "Can you help me out?" dialog, nor does she ask to tie you up. Could you possibly fix that? I rather like her. :smiley:

(Other, standard followers work fine, so it's not that I failed to install the mod properly.)

Or perhaps, more generically, allow the player to designate any NPC as an eligible follower via the MCM? That would solve compatibility with a wide selection of third party followers.

I don't use Sophia so I'm going to guess that she does not join the CurrentFollower faction when recruited.  Adding Sophia to the CurrentFollower faction could break her.

The crosshair thing may be doable if I make a DeviousHelper faction, but this would not make the NPC follow if they were not doing so already.

I could also consider using relationship rank as an additional enabler.

8 hours ago, kanne28 said:

The Divines must have sent you. I was about to uninstall Cursed Loot because it was getting annoying. Anyways, I ran into an issue: Whenever I go to a blacksmith to unlock my character's restraints, all the options are there but when I try to pay them they immediately say "Come back when you change your mind" or something like that without removing the restraints and do not take the money. Yes, I have enough gold to pay for the service. Any idea?

I found that last night.  I was working in the main dialogue view which has become such a tangle of links that it is too easy to select a link when one intends to add a topic, or event select a topic or info.  The default action for a selected link is "convert to invisible continue" which has the side effect of nuking any other links coming from the same info.  Lat night I went in to adjust some conditions and found two infos from the blacksmith which had suffered that fate some time in the past.  I fixed them in my build, but since I'm half way through adding a feature I can't release a fix immediately.  I intend to release an update with the fix and the feature in a day or two.

In the mean time you can use a follower.  If you don't want to be followed, you can either dismiss when untied or tell him/her to wait in any convenient location.

New features are great, but I may have tripped over a way to break the timers :open_mouth:

Allowed Lydia to tie me at an Inn with the "fun stuff" I keep on hand for such occasions, but didn't realize a gag had been picked up somewhere along the way, which she cheerily locked on as well. As that made interacting/selling stuff difficult, I found the standard "Can you help me out?" dialog still in place and it let me ask her to "ee-oov gag" (remove), which she did... except that seemed to break the "how long you gonna leave me tied?" timer :confused:

The max tied time is still default at 2 hrs, but over 5 hrs after getting tied and subsequently having Lydia remove the gag, she still claimed I was "having fun" and wouldn't unlock the rest of the stuff, even tried the "Force wants to untie" toggle in the MCM but that didn't change her mind. I finally had to resort to the shiny new "Reset" button to get on with it, which worked as advertised :smile:

I didn't expect to find the default "help me" line still available while the follower was mid-funtime as if your current predicament wasn't initiated *by* the follower you're asking for help... the "can you unlock what you put on me now?"-type line I'd think would be the only interaction you'd have with the person that incapacitated you, maybe the other unlock path should be hidden while you're in the middle of the "game" even if its not the culprit breaking things :tongue:

Also wondering, should your current follower be listed automagically on the MCM Debug page "Follower:  "  entry? That seems to stay blank even with an active (vanilla) follower until I use a different mods' "follower tagging" spell (Sexlab Solutions one, I think), then it fills in with the right name. I only noticed during the Inn problem above as the entry didn't have Lydia's name (or any, it was blank) when I tried the "Force wants to untie" toggle, didn't think at the time to tag her and see if the routine needed a name seen/found to make it do what you asked.