This is one of the few loverslab-mods i really like to play with, although i'd like my follower to be a bit more forceful (when bondagelover is turned on). Would it be possible to simply skip the discussion the follower initiates and turn it to something like "You know what, honey? I think you should be bound and stfu for a while." ?
Even if this is too much to ask, i really like your mod. I also do appreciate, that you are hammering out updates at this rate. 

Great mod and thanks for your hard work :-D

1 hour ago, S4WDU5T said:

I found the standard "Can you help me out?" dialog still in place and it let me ask her to "ee-oov gag" (remove), which she did... except that seemed to break the "how long you gonna leave me tied?" timer

This is intentional unless you select "Bondage Lover".  It should have marked the end of play time.  More stuff to look in to.  The next time this happens, send me a screenshot of the debug page.  Certain key state variables are there which may help me sort out the problem.

I didn't expect to find the default "help me" line still available while the follower was mid-funtime as if your current predicament wasn't initiated *by* the follower you're asking for help... the "can you unlock what you put on me now?"-type line I'd think would be the only interaction you'd have with the person that incapacitated you, maybe the other unlock path should be hidden while you're in the middle of the "game" even if its not the culprit breaking things

Again, this is intentional unless "Bondage Lover" is selected.  The original intent of my mod was for any player bondage to be fully consensual so as not to derail the game for too long.  Thus the untie dialogs are always there.  They should force the playtime to end if used.

Also wondering, should your current follower be listed automagically on the MCM Debug page "Follower:  "  entry? That seems to stay blank even with an active (vanilla) follower until I use a different mods' "follower tagging" spell (Sexlab Solutions one, I think), then it fills in with the right name. I only noticed during the Inn problem above as the entry didn't have Lydia's name (or any, it was blank) when I tried the "Force wants to untie" toggle, didn't think at the time to tag her and see if the routine needed a name seen/found to make it do what you asked.

That is filled in when the tie-up force greet quest (DDH02) starts and fills in an alias.  As things stand a different follower could approach you at the end of play time because of how quest aliases work.  This mod is evolving because I'm still climbing a learning curve.

I'm off to finish the "what happens if player has no toys left" feature, then release that along with the blacksmith dialogue fix.

All:  I have released a hot fix for the blacksmiths.  This should correct the blacksmith dialogue problem.

I was also working on having the follower react to the situation where the player consented to be tied but had no devices which could be applied.  This turned out to be harder than it looked and as it is getting late and a seemingly inexplicable bug appeared I decided to call it a day.

To give you an idea of why the blacksmith dialogue got damaged, here is a portion of the dialogue view:

DialogePart.thumb.png.8afe4399faa2412d78abbc6e1c10ae23.png

The window can not be resized to show more.  What I think happened is I right-clicked to add a topic but got a connection instead.

21 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

The crosshair thing may be doable if I make a DeviousHelper faction, but this would not make the NPC follow if they were not doing so already.

I don't think that would be a problem at all? I mean, at worst it could let the player 'cheat' by walking up to any npc and designating it a follower. But there's already so many other potential options for cheating, I doubt this would affect anyone's enjoyment. On the other hand, allowing anyone to use their favorite mod-based follower with this is a net plus.

On 3/14/2018 at 4:10 PM, S4WDU5T said:

Allowed Lydia to tie me at an Inn with the "fun stuff" I keep on hand for such occasions, but didn't realize a gag had been picked up somewhere along the way, which she cheerily locked on as well. As that made interacting/selling stuff difficult, I found the standard "Can you help me out?" dialog still in place and it let me ask her to "ee-oov gag" (remove), which she did... except that seemed to break the "how long you gonna leave me tied?" timer

I have tried to reproduce this twice now and have been unable to do so.  Until I receive otherwise I'm going to assume it is due to a change in the precise meaning of certain state variables between versions.  If that's the case then the reset button should have fixed it.  Thanks to @valcon767 for suggesting it.

On 3/14/2018 at 7:01 PM, TurboNerd said:

This is intentional unless you select "Bondage Lover".  It should have marked the end of play time.

On 3/15/2018 at 6:40 PM, TurboNerd said:

I have tried to reproduce this twice now and have been unable to do so.  Until I receive otherwise I'm going to assume it is due to a change in the precise meaning of certain state variables between versions.  If that's the case then the reset button should have fixed it.  Thanks to @valcon767 for suggesting it.

Sorry, at the time I didn't fully explore all the options, assuming I had broken the flow by prematurely having her remove a part of the playgear she chose with the standard "do something for me" favor-asking, I didn't go back and try it again for the rest of it, I kept asking her to end the playtime with the other "untie me now" option until resorting to the MCM choices. If getting the gag removed ended the playtime, could it have left the "plz untie me now" path in some kind of limbo/deadend so it couldn't end? :classic_unsure:

I hadn't tried to make it happen again, and have since upgraded to the newer version with the hotfix and haven't encountered any further issues so far. I really don't *try* to break mods intentionally tho, you mod-magicians do some great work but you simply can't account for or code around every random dumb thing a player might try to do with the tools/toys you give us to play with, so I try to play nice and go along to get along :tongue:

I warmly welcome
Amazing work.

I love BDSM games, unfortunately most mods block the character for a terribly long time.
I know how long it takes to write something like that and that's why I appreciate your work.
I have just finished creating a few objects with divine qualities.

Think about adding something like that.
1. You choose a person with whom you want something more than bondage games. (best friend, fiancée, fiancé) You will give this person a contract for slaves. (you can take it later)
1a. A slave's contract could be created by you in the kitchen. (paper, pens, ink, -components in the game are already)
2. SM games would take place in a predetermined scenario.
2a. You say how many times you played without her knowledge and you have to be punished. (spanking, flogging, fisting)
2b. You need a strong hand to relax. (spanking, flogging, fisting etc ...)
2c. You are asking to organize an SM party where you are the only toy.
3. Do not let games last more than 12 hours. (a person with a slave contract will reward you with fun)
After all, you return to further exploration of the Skyrim world.

Who really has power in a BDSM relationship.
A person who is holding a whip.
Is a person who devotes himself to the whole partner.
The scenario under which everything takes place is very important. Because what will happen when you cross the script?

@Deiva Your idea looks like good content for another mod.  As I said before, DD Helpers is my first "major" mod.  I had an itch that needed scratching.  So I installed the Creation Kit from Steam.  Then I did the Quest and Papyrus tutorials.  Once done, I rolled up my sleeves and started climbing the learning curve and building it piece by piece.  Other modders and Google were my friends.

I'm still finishing DD Helpers so I'm not going to start a new project right now.  Other experienced modders are working on their own projects and we all have real lives too.  We can't do everything.

So, why don't you do what I did?  You will see it done sooner and it will be just the way you like it.  Caution:  Thoughts like "I could never do that!" tend to be self fulfilling.

This is the first Beta release!

You can help me by playing with this and letting me know if anything breaks.  I know some of you will try things I won't think of! :smile:

What's New in Version 0.4.0

Fixed:  Follower will not force greet if gagged.

New:  Respects the number of keys required.  (Straitjackets require two keys!)
Fixed:  Plugs and vaginal piercings will no longer be equipped through belts and nipple piercings will no longer be equipped through bras.
New:  Force greet for "play time" now has a "Give me two minutes, OK?" response.  Follower will ask again in two minutes (wall clock).
New:  The follower will attempt cutting a device with knife or dagger (after asking player).  Cutting a device destroys the device.  Controlled by two new MCM settings.

Upgrading:

Remove all files from the old version.  (All files start with "DDH").

Install new version.

Select "Reset mod state" on the debug menu.

1 hour ago, bubba999 said:

Very nice! Quick question.... can you have followers give feedback like "The devices you have on are too secure for me to help with..." or something to that effect if they are quest items or really heavy duty?

Love this mod.

That specific quote is not in the mod.  Instead you ask the follower to remove the device.

If you don't have the right keys available, the follower will say so.  If the device is made of a material which can not be cut with a knife or dagger the follower will suggest that you go see a blacksmith (of course you could also procure a key).  If the material can be cut, the follower will offer to try and cut it, but will not always succeed.  (My mod uses the CutDeviceEscapeChance property of each device, as modified by the MCM slider in Devious Device Helpers.)

If the device is tagged as a quest item or as not being generic, the follower will say that it is enchanted and will not remove it.

If a device is cut off either by a blacksmith or your follower (using Devious Device Helpers) the device will be destroyed and your character can't play with it any more.

15 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

New:  If player has no items which can be equipped for "play time", the follower will provide some.

I may be mistaken, but wasn't this in the previous version? I'm pretty sure my follower had pulled some items out of thin air when I didn't have any. (I habitually dump them all, usually in the Bag of Holding, partly to clear inventory, and partly because I didn't know for a while after I started using DD that disabling the "self bondage when horny" thing was an option.)

4 hours ago, m2pt5 said:

I may be mistaken, but wasn't this in the previous version? I'm pretty sure my follower had pulled some items out of thin air when I didn't have any. (I habitually dump them all, usually in the Bag of Holding, partly to clear inventory, and partly because I didn't know for a while after I started using DD that disabling the "self bondage when horny" thing was an option.)

You are correct.  That was added in 0.3.2 which was pushed out rather quickly to fix a bit of screwed up blacksmith dialogue.

Really interesting mod, I would love to try it out, but I recently started a new game and I'm not that inclined to take it from the top again right now. But soon... :smile: I tried installing it on the current gameplay, but it triggered a whooooooooole lot of stuff... :smile: such as messages from Shout Like a Virgin that "the maiden has escaped", the DCL message that the rubber suit has fully expanded, the Slaverun message that slavery has extended through the entire kingdom and several visual glitches such as removing the PCs hair and eyes or constant day night flickering. Not sure if it was because I didn't get the mod order right or if it was because the save I loaded was during a Prison Overhaul scenario, but I had to uninstall to keep playing. :smile:

Sry I didn't read through all the 6 pages of comments but I think you asked in the first post for possible reasons why the follower would tie you up. How about if she / he swears up and down that the last bandit who hurt you was a werewolf / vampire and that they're tying you up "for your own good" ... and everyone else's safety? :smile:

Anyway, thank you for all your hard work and for sharing it with us.

7 hours ago, Aqvaman said:

Really interesting mod, I would love to try it out, but I recently started a new game and I'm not that inclined to take it from the top again right now. But soon... :smile: I tried installing it on the current gameplay, but it triggered a whooooooooole lot of stuff... :smile: such as messages from Shout Like a Virgin that "the maiden has escaped", the DCL message that the rubber suit has fully expanded, the Slaverun message that slavery has extended through the entire kingdom and several visual glitches such as removing the PCs hair and eyes or constant day night flickering. Not sure if it was because I didn't get the mod order right or if it was because the save I loaded was during a Prison Overhaul scenario, but I had to uninstall to keep playing. :smile:

i have installed it (previously, just had to start a new game due to having to change a mod out) mid game without running into anything like you describe.

one thing you can try is to trade it for a mod you do not mind removing for a while (doing this prevents other mods from having their load order positions 

changed, some mods really really do NOT like having their load order positions changed during a game and will give all kinds of weirdness if you do).

armor, weapon, and non scripted follower mods could make a good choice to trade with for testing, just if you do this make sure to put it in the exact same 

position (in load order) as the mod you trade it with, also make sure you are not in the middle of some other mods quest content (prison overhaul scene,

rubber doll quest, middle of some task for CD Shop, Bound Queen quest, etc) when you do so.  a save game in a nice small interior space would help too.

17 hours ago, Aqvaman said:

The trouble you report involve mods that I don't use and have not tested with (except DCL) and I didn't get a spurious rubber suit message.  I have been careful to use my own namespace in the mod so as to not interfere with anything else.  I have also provided two options at the top of the MCM which can be turned off if your character is enslaved and you still have your follower.

10 hours ago, valcon767 said:

one thing you can try is to trade it for a mod you do not mind removing for a while (doing this prevents other mods from having their load order positions 

changed, some mods really really do NOT like having their load order positions changed during a game and will give all kinds of weirdness if you do).

Better yet, you can put my mod at the very end of the load order since nothing depends on it.  You keep all your other mods in the same position. (Removing heavily scripted mods mid-game can cause it's own wierdness).

10 hours ago, valcon767 said:

also make sure you are not in the middle of some other mods quest content (prison overhaul scene, rubber doll quest, middle of some task for CD Shop, Bound Queen quest, etc) when you do so.

I don't use prison overhaul so I can't predict what kind of interference might happen there.  I can say that my mod does not interfere with the Rubber Doll Quest or the Bound Queen quest.  You see the items involved are tagged as quest items and the follower won't remove them.  My character proudly wears her Bound Queen set fairly often and I've never had a problem with it.

I can also say that running DD Helpers along side Captured Dreams will cause problems, but not because of any problem created by DD Helpers.  DD Helpers requires DDi 4.0 while Captured Dreams has not been updated to support 4.0.  Take note that only a few mods have been updated for DDi 4.0 at this point.  Of course there are a number which don't care because they simply don't deal with Devious Devices.

I would be interested to know if DD Helpers is, in fact, incompatible with something.  If you can isolate it I will try and verify it.

4 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

I can also say that running DD Helpers along side Captured Dreams will cause problems, but not because of any problem created by DD Helpers.

Huh, really? I haven't noticed any significant issues, other than the game sometimes crashing when I try to enter the shop (not a new DD Helpers error), which I've heard is actually a problem with CBBE. (I've just gotten into the habit of doing a quicksave before I enter.)

7 hours ago, m2pt5 said:

Huh, really? I haven't noticed any significant issues,

One reported effect is that the Master can not remove wrist restraints because of a keyword change.  I guess if you have DD Helpers that's not as much of an issue.  However I remember Veladarius also saying that the CD Custom devices need to have keywords and/or properties updated and/or added.  Go browse the CD support forum and read what he has to say about it.

13 hours ago, zenetx said:

Bug report: follower can equip slave harness on player but doesn't remove it when play time is over. Anal/vaginal plugs can also be equipped and removed through the slave harness.

Keep up the good work!

I just tested both of these scenarios and found no problems.

Did your character have a Chastity Key?  The slave harness requires a Chastity key and if you don't have one the follower can't remove it.

Are you running the latest version?  Equipping plugs through a belt or harness is something I fixed in 0.4.0.

Heads up:  Expect the next beta later today with a minor fix which takes some explaining.

The mod did not check for the end of play time while the character was not in an eligible area because play time only starts in eligible areas.  However, it is possible for play time to start and then the character can leave the eligible area while play time is in progress.  For example, one of my test characters, Alice, was tied up at home by her helper and then traveled to the Shrine of Azura while tied up.  When she asked to be freed, the follower said it was too soon because the mod was no longer checking.

50 minutes ago, Matz said:

First of all, thank's for this mod it's awesome !

I have a problem, I just upgraded to 0.4.0 and I can't reset the mod, in the MCM menu I have only one line and when I click on it, nothing. 

What should I do? Thank's

Sounds like you upgraded from an old version, when the MCM only had one page. You have to do a clean reinstall to fix that - uninstall it, open the game and create a new save, then close the game and reinstall it.