Site questions, comments, and suggestions

1 hour ago, winny257 said:

OK, but you have to understand, I can not translate text on images, it is impossible.
therefore I did not understand your humor. :classic_smile:

I will try to understand, grumpy cat is simply funny.. 

Also faced with the problem of low download speed, a couple of days ago it was normal.

Sorry for my English.

Тоже столкнулся с проблемой низкой скоростью скачивания, пару дней назад нормально было.

Простите за мой Английский.

MP4 video attachments won't show, as I try to reply in my topic NCK30 animations. Uploads fine but the preview is just black and loads forever.

Previously I have made this work several times with other previews. The file is 98 mb large. I have a smaller 25 mb low quality clip that can't be previewed as well.

May be related to the low download speed...

On 5/9/2019 at 3:22 PM, Monoman1 said:

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times. I've searched the last few pages for 'notification' but found nothing relevant. 

I've noticed that I've not been getting notifications for mods that I follow that have been updated recently. I definitely had no notifications for the last SD and Devious followers updates. I'm not complaining here just want to know how I can fix this going forward. If I unfollow and re-follow, will that do it?

Edit: seems I've missed a load of updates. I was wondering why it had gotten so quiet around here lately :D

I can confirm that you are not alone with this problem. :(

7 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

I've noticed some posts doing weird things to the site layout...

Like this one https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v83-2019-05-07/?do=findComment&comment=2612908

I see it too.

This is how it looks:

Spoiler

SiteFunkiness.JPG.e15baa18e8724ecb257daee9a5ba1940.JPG

There are two div elements above it. Deleting those two with Inspect Element makes it look like it should.

I also noticed this:

Spoiler

SiteFunkiness2.JPG.3b5b9d8af4a072bb9bce077ac50a77a3.JPG

In the emtpy space that makes the quote look silly, it says: Protected by Grammarly.

Could it be caused by grammarly or something?

11 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

I've noticed some posts doing weird things to the site layout...

Like this one https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v83-2019-05-07/?do=findComment&comment=2612908

look at this post now, the free field has disappeared, there are now two head bars for that, I suspect it has been edited. :classic_laugh:

edit: the only that I've noticed, since yesterday reappears *Check your Browser*! 

7 hours ago, ZenBuddhist said:

[strangelly] funny: isn't Grammarly supposed to be a grammar checker program and Chrome plugin? do you have it installed, Laura?

No, I don't use it. But if thedarkone1234 does, it could have something to do with why that post looks weird.

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

This has probably already been reported but spoiler tags seem to be broken when using more than one set in a post. They end up getting mangled together into an unholy mess. I've had to stop using them. 

It's IPB's engine which is slightly unstable, and only happens if you work in a spoiler inside another. You can get around this by working on your spoilers separately, and then "assembling" them by copy-pasting them where you'd want them to be at the end.

Like this :

Spoiler

DIGLogkA_o.jpg

Spoiler

gvLav8Zh_o.jpg

Spoiler

xblI3cOS_o.jpg

Spoilers amount by itself isn't a problem (we use them extensively in story blog entries, for example like this one).

Not easy.

In some cases the "thank you" are legit.

In many cases it is the author of the post doing it for no apparent reason. (And in this case we give a warning.)

For the nonsense posts, it is quite impossible to automatically spot them.

So just report them and the staff will handle.

3 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

Can something be done to limit the number of facerolling first post only posts cluttering up a number of threads? Sometimes you see a "Good," or a "Thanks," but there are still a lot of "asdfghjk"'s.

asdfghjk has several meanings, some to the positive others are not.
if you mean this abbreviations to the negative, then only so much, LL is not a wish concert where everyone applauded.
there are in every forum also negative comments and so it should also be. :classic_wink:

if it to you only about it, that in some threads much useless is written, then I can only say, that it is much harder for me to read everything.
I have to copy every post into a translation program, so that I understand everything.
you only need useless posts to ignore, I can that not! :classic_smile:

3 hours ago, winny257 said:

asdfghjk has several meanings, some to the positive others are not.

in this particular case, it has no more meaning than nb m or jknm,xvnjmk,xzmnb. Which were just me pounding fists on the keyboard. I'll just report them as spam as I have been doing, I guess.