Site questions, comments, and suggestions

@Taven

Click username and go to their profile then click see my activity and it'll show status updates status replies topics posts files file comments file reviews blog entries and blog comments. It'll also show everything posted by them. Other then that I don't think there is any other way.

The bad transparency on some of them really bug me

Oh! Heck, I'm real smart... I thought that was deliberate.

Didn't the old site have that same white border on those too?

I can try and dig it out of the backups for you

How often do you do site backups? Is it, like, every hour or something?

14 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

Oh! Heck, I'm real smart... I thought that was deliberate.

Didn't the old site have that same white border on those too?

How often do you do site backups? Is it, like, every hour or something?

Yeah, the old site had them as well. They were intended for a lighter background, so they are really noticeable on a darker site like LL.

Site backups happen daily.

...Was there always a length limit on the file description page? The last few sections keep getting vanished mid-word on my latest update. I can re-paste them into the copy at the top of the support topic thread, but a) changing that doesn't seem to update the info on the file page proper, and b), trying to do the same thing through the 'edit details' page just ends with it getting truncated again. 

Also, is there any way to make the 'see who follows this' box less terrible? It being sorted alphabetically instead of by most recent is already pretty useless, but it also consistently gives up by around the K's. 

@TheOniNinja

I tried hiding mine but it only has the hide all signatures then I tried to add myself to my ignore list but was told that I can't ignore myself:classic_blink: . I don't think the new site has that option.

One option you do is to put the stuff in your signature into a spoiler that you want in it then people will just click it if they want to look.

15 hours ago, TheOniNinja said:

I did a search ...........

Hi. Maybe you don't want hear my opinion . But because is this web site adults only with sexual content , you dont need worry about your signature. And I think regular mod section is just for better sorting. Don't forget ,people are visiting this site because they are looking for adult materials in first.

Hi, is there absolutely no chance to get an actual BBcode editor instead of WYSIWYG ?

Example why WYSIWYG is very, very, very bad:

I just uploaded a new file here.

Problem #1:

I correctly wrote the text with two separate spoilers. However the site automatically packed the second spoiler into the first one.

Problem #2:

I can no longer edit the text that was shoved into the first spoiler.

Also the forced empty lines after linebreaks are horrible for the formatting.

12 hours ago, gregathit said:

There is a limit on descriptions page.  Too long and it starts weirding out in odd ways (hence the limit).

That... seems like something that should get called out in some way on the edit page, instead of just dumping a chunk of the post invisibly into the ether. A pop-up box or something when you hit the character limit, or whatever the cut-off is, like you get when you go over 50 images. (Which is also a bit low for how much stuff I've got to showcase, but whatevs.)

12 hours ago, gregathit said:

If you need more, reserve the 1st couple of posts to add more of a description, photos or whatever.

Bit late for that now, unfortunately. I don't suppose there's any way to insert/pin a post at the beginning of the thread, either? 

1 hour ago, AVS said:

Bit late for that now, unfortunately. I don't suppose there's any way to insert/pin a post at the beginning of the thread, either? 

This action is reserved for moderators.

7 minutes ago, CPU said:

You can find it here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/87546-wide-and-compact-css-style-for-the-new-loverlslab-site/

Be aware that I am just "CPU".

I use "cpuLL" on Nexus, because Dark didn't want to reassign to me this name (that was created in 2011 and never used since then.)

Oupsie my bad  !  sorry CPU

Thank you for the help !

Edit : Love it ! Nice to my eyes :smile:

1 hour ago, TDA said:

just open in Opera 12   Im  still use it bca there are toolbars and fine-tuning

I typically refuse to download and install opera, seeing as it's barely a step above IE these days... But sure, I suppose I should check it out seeing as I've checked out every other browser so far, aside from Safari.

But I'm seeing no error or any difference in Opera now after loading it up. The site seems to be working fine with Opera from my general clicking through the site.

I need to know WHAT you were doing to cause the error; meaning exact details. I can't fix a problem when given no indication as to what I'm fixing - I don't know where to start looking otherwise. Are you getting the error whenever you generally try and browse with Opera? Did this happen before a few days ago? Is it only on a specific page? I need some kind of detail to work off of...