Site questions, comments, and suggestions

1 hour ago, BloodberrySmoothie said:

I might be a little blind, so please help me out. Where do I add a signature to my posts? And what kind of achievement do I have to reach to get a custom title? Or do I need to be friends with the mods for that? :smiley:

You can define your own signature inside your profile.

Edit your profile and add it. (I am on mobile, so I cannot do a screenshot right now.)

11 hours ago, BloodberrySmoothie said:

I might be a little blind, so please help me out. Where do I add a signature to my posts? And what kind of achievement do I have to reach to get a custom title? Or do I need to be friends with the mods for that? :smiley:

You can add your own title and signature through editing your profile.

Click profile picture: Will send you to your own profile. Look at the top right corner and there will be a pen icon and text saying "Edit Profile".

The new page that shows up will have the custom title at the top.

And to change or add signature, is basically the same. But instead of clicking your picture, click on your user name and a drop down menu will appear.

Click "Account Settings" and when arrived the new page, look for "Signature" on the menu to the left.

// EDIT

@Randlocher has even provided with pictures on how you change your signature :smile:

I promised I won't complain and I will keep my promise. I just have one info about PM. Whenever I open my PM box, the site opens the first page instead of the last one where I got the new message. Can this be fixed, please?

16 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

I promised I won't complain and I will keep my promise. I just have one info about PM. Whenever I open my PM box, the site opens the first page instead of the last one where I got the new message. Can this be fixed, please?

Yes, I just noticed the same thing. I have to then click and scroll to the last entry. I thought it was me (might still be me :tongue:) however, I tried a few different ways and still get the first page.

Sorting still differs between the lowest level of categories and anything with a sub-category. Most importantly, any categories that have a sub-category can NOT be sorted by Most Downloaded.

Spoiler

fd7f259642.pngfeee80c3ef.pnge10a772011.png

Second, it feels like a bit of an ordeal to achieve any meaningful results with the new Search function. If all I want is to find the mod Sexlab, searching for "Sexlab" under "Files" returns 24 pages of results. When I narrow it down to titles only, it drops to a much more reasonable 8 pages. What I'm trying to say is that including Content Bodies in searches by default seems ridiculous, dilutes search results heavily, and it's a bit of a pain needing to go into Advanced Search just to get reasonable results. And god forbid I forget to narrow it down first before searching and have to sit around and wait for to search again. It's honestly much easier to just use google to search for mods on LL than use this site's own search function.

I'm aware search sucks, unfortunately, it's not something I really have much control over, seeing as it's built into the core of the software. IPB 4.3, which should be out any week now, has a completely overhauled search system which should hopefully fix or at least alleviate most of the shittiness of the current search system.

In the meantime, google seems to have done quite a good job of indexing the site (at least for most of the thing I've needed to search for lately). Even just starting the search with "loverslab" and then whatever I was searching for usually turns out ok. Though I guess I should really be using "site:loverslab.com" if I really just want things from here.

7 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

In the meantime, google seems to have done quite a good job of indexing the site (at least for most of the thing I've needed to search for lately). Even just starting the search with "loverslab" and then whatever I was searching for usually turns out ok. Though I guess I should really be using "site:loverslab.com" if I really just want things from here.

I second to that. Google search finds better and more specific results about LL mods and topics than LL search itself. (This is not critique to LL, just an observation). :smile:

51 minutes ago, bicobus said:

It's because google takes context into account, not just keywords.

Correct, but I had a problem with LL "search" many times. I knew how much posts I wrote in certain thread and when I searched for it because I needed certain post, the site displayed only certain amount of my posts and not the one I was looking for. It's OK. What is important is that Ashal is aware of the problem and (i guess) he'll find solution. :classic_smile:

Hello, I'm having a suggestion: ban Baidu. Honestly, this site is pain in the ass for us non-chinese people and it's nearly unusable with speed slower that ADSL in worst times. Let's tell asian modders to reupload their files to LL itself or to any other file hosting (Gdrive, Onedrive, Mediafire, etc.) or just walk away. Is this good idea?

17 minutes ago, TTRJN said:

Hello, I'm having a suggestion: ban Baidu. Honestly, this site is pain in the ass for us non-chinese people and it's nearly unusable with speed slower that ADSL in worst times. Let's tell asian modders to reupload their files to LL itself or to any other file hosting (Gdrive, Onedrive, Mediafire, etc.) or just walk away. Is this good idea?

No.

We have a lot of people from China using this site.

Have one question about "Back to the top" button since I was very surprised.

My wife installed Chrome on her laptop. Since she used my Pc for her paper, I used her laptop and tried Chrome. Then I spotted "... to the top " button and I was pleasantly surprised it worked.

5a602b1545add_2018-01-1722_40_18-Blogs-LoversLab.thumb.png.f1b15f99743bf7ebe48ba1df32bb0f52.png

Then I tried FFox 57.0.4 64 bit and was disapointted seeing it disappearing after 2 seconds. Is that mean that the same button can't work in current browser and can it be fixed?

3 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

My wife installed Chrome on her laptop. Since she used my Pc for her paper, I used her laptop and tried Chrome. Then I spotted "... to the top " button and I was pleasantly surprised it worked.

5a602b1545add_2018-01-1722_40_18-Blogs-LoversLab.thumb.png.f1b15f99743bf7ebe48ba1df32bb0f52.png

Then I tried FFox 57.0.4 64 bit and was disapointted seeing it disappearing after 2 seconds. Is that mean that the same button can't work in current browser and can it be fixed?

I'm using the exact same version of Firefox (57.0.4 64bit Quantum) and the back to the top button works perfectly for me. It only disappears (as I assume it's supposed to) when I'm up at the top of a page and wouldn't need it. As soon as I scroll down it pops up and stays there until I'm back at the top again.

3 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

I'm using the exact same version of Firefox (57.0.4 64bit Quantum) and the back to the top button works perfectly for me. It only disappears (as I assume it's supposed to) when I'm up at the top of a page and wouldn't need it. As soon as I scroll down it pops up and stays there until I'm back at the top again.

Thank you very much. I'm gonna check what's wrong with my FFox. :smile:

13 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

Just use the "Home" key in your keyboard, it'll do the same.

On 1/17/2018 at 2:00 PM, CPU said:

No.

We have a lot of people from China using this site.

And, if talked to nicely, they might allow someone to upload it somewhere or they might do so themselves. Let's keep in mind if they create something it is theirs and they can upload it essentially anywhere they like and them uploading a link here is a nice gesture even if they never allow or upload it outside of China.

17 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

yes, that happens with me as well. It isn't needed when you are at the top of the page :smiley: