Site questions, comments, and suggestions

On 1/3/2018 at 5:36 AM, myuhinny said:

It might be your browser but all I do is click the reply to this topic box and then right click in the box and I get a *paste* and a *paste as plain text*  If you copy text that is in a different color like green if you use the paste option it pastes it with the green color but if you use the paste as plain text that gets removed from what you are posting and it will instead paste it as normal text.

So if you copy something that has something attached to the stuff you copied when you paste it that is going to be pasted with all that stuff attached to it but if you use the paste as plain text removes all that stuff that is attached to it when you copied it.

Have you seen those posts where there is that huge bright ass white background or bright ass lettering? Those are caused by the copying and pasting it without using the paste as plain text you can also paste what was copied into notebook and then copied back out and then you can use paste as that removes anything that was attached to it.

I don't have offered "Paste as the plain text" option when pasting my text into my entry. The old site had the icons with such possibility but I never had to use it since "Copy/Paste" worker perfectly. Never mind, good man, I'll just work with the text on LL as it is hoping that one day this might be "fixable".

Thank you for being very helpful. :smile:

4 minutes ago, Ashal said:

And that isn't a LL thing... Ctrl+Shift+V will paste as plain text pretty much EVERYWHERE that defaults to posting rich text.

Of course, but I'm not using shortcuts in Word. I'm using icons. Is there a possibility to add the icon for that function?

1 minute ago, EvalovesEP said:

Of course, but I'm not using shortcuts in Word. I'm using icons. Is there a possibility to add the icon for that function?

ctrl+shift+v should work in both Word and LL's editor, so there's no need. 

5 hours ago, Ashal said:

For sure works in LL's editor. But just checked Word 2016 and that looks like it has an option to paste as plain text if you right click and look under paste options.

It does have. It's OK. I said I'm not complaining, just wished some things to be easier for bloggers. My wish is not your command :classic_smile: Respect and honor. Thanks for answering my posts.

Just a general suggestion.

When you hover over the text for a topic in the 'New Topic' panel on the right it says 'View Topic <then whatever the topic is>'. This seems a bit redundant as that text is already on the screen.  Would it be possible to actual put what forum the topic is in in the hover over text? As an example, at the time of writing, for 'Next Playthrough', hovering over the text would say 'View Topic in Home\Skyrim\Adult Mods'. This would give an instant idea of whether you were actually interested in what the topic is about. For instance I'm usually not interested in Sims stuff but I wouldn't know that the topic is in that section until I actually click on it.

Like I said just a suggestion.

Some wishes:

• Changelogs with linked files, would be great
  • Files with older version auto removing after X days
  • Linked translation in files sidebar
  • Only show topics (right sidebar, frontpage) by an forum, i like (fallout 4 e.g.)
  • Better reporting with subjects (is easier for people who do not know if you can report a post or not)

This might come of as retarded, but how do I post images? Not talking about the "Drag here to attach, or choose files" option. But just plain images from a URL.

On the old site there was an option to do this, but I have looked and looked, but can't seem to find it now. The "link" option just post the, well... The link.

And you also have the option "< / >" i.e code. So I wonder, do I have to write it like this < img > URL HERE < /img > (obviously without any spaces) ?

10 minutes ago, Cynical Misanthrope said:

This might come of as retarded, but how do I post images? Not talking about the "Drag here to attach, or choose files" option. But just plain images from a URL.

On the old site there was an option to do this, but I have looked and looked, but can't seem to find it now. The "link" option just post the, well... The link.

And you also have the option "< / >" i.e code. So I wonder, do I have to write it like this < img > URL HERE < /img > (obviously without any spaces) ?

ScreenShot497.png.5209a1c1cb8d7f7c2740cb1876437f99.png

@Ashal

Is there a way to set it to where you can delete all of your notifications except for select ones you want to keep for reference? Right now the only option you have is to clear them on the old site you could select the ones you wanted deleted and leave the ones you wanted unticked. Would it be possible to do that on the new site if it's not a lot of work to do that?

2 hours ago, Cynical Misanthrope said:

Awww dooooh! *Can sometimes not see the forest due to all the trees*

Thanks!

and from your own PC * bottom left * :classic_wink:

Drag files here to attach, or *choose files...* 
Max total size 100MB 
You may upload a maximum of 50 files Dateien auswählen

5 minutes ago, winny257 said:

and from your own PC * bottom left * :classic_wink:

Drag files here to attach, or *choose files...* 
Max total size 100MB 
You may upload a maximum of 50 files Dateien auswählen

If you would had read my first post above, you would had seen that it was not the answer I was looking for ;) I know about these options.

But another user pointed me to the right direction, so now I have the answer I was looking for. :smiley: 

But cheers nevertheless :beer:

39 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

@Ashal

Is there a way to set it to where you can delete all of your notifications except for select ones you want to keep for reference? Right now the only option you have is to clear them on the old site you could select the ones you wanted deleted and leave the ones you wanted unticked. Would it be possible to do that on the new site if it's not a lot of work to do that?

Nope. You normally can't even delete all notifications, I had to find a plugin to add that and it was the only notification management plugin I saw.