Site questions, comments, and suggestions

@Scorpion_SK

Are you sure when you are selecting the search box in the download section that the right tag to search for is selected like files?

I just went there selected files and typed in interactive and it brought up the interactive BDSM framework mod and a bunch of other pages as well.

2 hours ago, Scorpion_SK said:

Seems the search in the downloads section does not work. It always shows that nothing is found.

33 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

@Scorpion_SK

Are you sure when you are selecting the search box in the download section that the right tag to search for is selected like files?

I just went there selected files and typed in interactive and it brought up the interactive BDSM framework mod and a bunch of other pages as well.

Don't even need to go to the downloads section for this. ON the home page I typed "interactive" as myuhinny did in the downloads section, and gotten the below.

Capture.PNG

There were more below the third entry just trying to keep it more condensed. :cool:

15 hours ago, Ashal said:
17 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

IYes, i cleaned my cache files, disabled virus active scanning and other shit, checked my internet connection (it is 10 Mbits) and all is fine but the site is extremely slow last few days, and very insignificant thing such as disappearing of my wall picture, just overflew the glass. All, right, i said what I felt I should, I emptied my anger and will shut up now. You won't hear me complaining no more. :smile:

As for the site being slow lately, I don't know what to tell you there. It's running smoothly for me, and seemingly the vast majority of people as well. Only possible cause I can think of is whatever the nearest datacenter your hitting for the sites CDN is bogged down more than normal and there isn't anything I can do about that (if it is the cause, the old site would've been slow for you as well past few days.) I am however moving the site to a new dedicated server tonight or tomorrow, so if on the off chance it is something on my end causing the slowdowns for a few people, you might see some improvements then.

And I understand the longing for the old site, things just worked and some of the "new" features feel like a step back or are frustrating to use. Staying with the old site for much longer simply wasn't the best option. The old software simply hasn't been updated in a long long time and the longer the site stuck with it the more at risk everybody using the site was due to security flaws no longer being patched.

I've noticed something if it can help : in the blog section, when you try to right clic an image -> image information, Firefox shows a list of images that goes way beyond the displayed preview for each entry. For example for Alter native's Of blood and Pleasure blog (one of the blogs currently on the dashboard), staying on the dashboard menu (without clicking on the entry itself) preloads up to that image which is almost the last one of the whole entry ! The images aren't fully loaded though, but I don't really get why they're shown in the dashboard's list.

So of course if they're really preloaded way beyond what's the spoiler is supposed, it could explain why it takes so long to load/preload, as blogs are a very image heavy type of content.

Anyway, site's still new, there's quantity of new notifications, more features, so it's logical more features same hardware = slower response. But there might just be room for software tuning I think.

Also, even if that's secondary, having only the casual automated way to write posts is a pain, as as soon as if gets more complex (making an attached image linkable to another url, posting spoiliers containing quoted text, unquoted text and images and so on) the system doesn't always understands what the user is trying to do. So when everything else will be fixed, maybe consider bringing back the button toggling pure forum code display ?

I have been consistently getting slower uploads over what I experienced before.

Mega and other sources and sites have been much faster than this one and basically the same speed as before the site upgrade. I can't figure out anything on my end that could be causing this as it is only happening on this site. Doesn't matter which browser I am using from I.E, Firefox, or Chrome (fully updated)

It took me close to 25 minutes to upload ~200 mb the other day. Mega and other places took close to half that time.

Hopefully once Ashal moves over and finishes migration this can improve.

The  rest seems to work fine. Downloads work pretty good, not as good as before but good enough. It is the uploads that is the major issue for some reason . Not complaining just giving feed back. The uploads do take time but they upload correctly and accurately (most important ;) )  mostly reporting this so that if others have the same issue they can know they aren't alone.

On 15/12/2017 at 12:59 PM, myuhinny said:
  Reveal hidden contents

:wave::banana::dance::tmhug::hugz::drink::headbutt::bigslap::nope::angrymob::partycar::happybounce::buniz::cowboy::hello::beer:

I use the drag and drop but I don't do it much.

On 15/12/2017 at 1:26 PM, winny257 said:

I have these from a free German website and believe me there are many (beautiful). ;)

http://www.smiliemania.de/smilies/lachen-smileys.html

and adding here is easy, right-click on the smiley, Copy image address and here in * Insert image from URL *.

Thanks guys!  happydance.gif.fef3bd9e17873cb9fb2a36b8917d26d5.gif 

German website has some really good ones.  Danke Dir!

Added back the old sites emoticons after digging them out of the old site backup since so many people seemed to want them. But also because I got tired of seeing some broken images in older posts that were linking to them.

They are listed under Classic Emoticons in the emoticon menu. :classic_ph34r::classic_wub:

The bad transparency on some of them really bug me, but meh, if people really want them... :classic_confused::classic_rolleyes:

For some, you may have to refresh your browser's cache to get them to show up (ctrl+f5) in the event you've been to a page that had them linked to the broken images.

5 minutes ago, Ashal said:

Added back the old sites emoticons after digging them out of the old site backup since so many people seemed to want them. But also because I got tired of seeing some broken images in older posts that were linking to them.

They are listed under Classic Emoticons in the emoticon menu. :classic_ph34r::classic_wub:

The bad transparency on some of them really bug me, but meh, if people really want them... :classic_confused::classic_rolleyes:

For some, you may have to refresh your browser's cache to get them to show up (ctrl+f5) in the event you've been to a page that had them linked to the broken images.

Did i mention how awesome you are?   :classic_blush::classic_wub:

Thanks a bunch for that and everything else you did for this update (and thanks to CPU for his contributions)!

54 minutes ago, Ashal said:

Might not be for just the above.

I come back from doing *stuff* and see a really aweful site. Strange coloring etc, etc. I used the Ctrl+F5 to return it back to a usable state. (using the default carbon template)

4 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

Might not be for just the above.

I come back from doing *stuff* and see a really aweful site. Strange coloring etc, etc. I used the Ctrl+F5 to return it back to a usable state. (using the default carbon template)

It should be fixed now.

NOTE: Posts from the last few hours will be missing, as the site was just restored to a few hour old backup.

I'm aware Unicode from previous posts isn't displaying at the moment. New posts should display them fine, however. Will work on a solution to hopefully fix previous posts tomorrow if one is possible.

9 minutes ago, Ashal said:

NOTE: Posts from the last few hours will be missing, as the site was just restored to a few hour old backup.

I'm aware Unicode from previous posts isn't displaying at the moment. New posts should display them fine, however. Will work on a solution to hopefully fix previous posts tomorrow if one is possible.

Appearently the update broke (some) downloads? http://prntscr.com/hq02wo is the only one i've tried right now.

8 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

aww for fucks sake, what happened to the 242mb of mod updates i uploaded?

If you added them in the last hours they may be lost, because we needed to restore a backup that was a few hours old.

1 minute ago, MadMansGun said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2IJdfxWtPM

---

But seriously, if you lost a major post update or something in the changeover, I can try and dig it out of the backups for you to see if it still exists somewhere. The files I tested from you that were linked as previously broken are all fixed now though, so is there something else missing?

My thanks for adding the new 'Recently Browsing' window. I like to see who is viewing the topic. May I also request again to have the file size and # of downloads added next the file so we can see how many downloads the file has at a glance like the old site did rather than on a separate page 

4 hours ago, Ashal said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2IJdfxWtPM

---

But seriously, if you lost a major post update or something in the changeover, I can try and dig it out of the backups for you to see if it still exists somewhere. The files I tested from you that were linked as previously broken are all fixed now though, so is there something else missing?

that's the one thing in star trek that pisses me off, when i want "tea earl gray, hot" it takes me 20 minutes to make (or 37 hours if i ask my 3d printer to make it)

---

i already reuploaded them.

2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

that's the one thing in star trek that pisses me off, when i want "tea earl gray, hot" it takes me 20 minutes to make (or 37 hours if i ask my 3d printer to make it)

---

i already reuploaded them.

I hear Xerox is working a 3D printer with a food replicator. It's #3 on my wish list! :cookie: