Site questions, comments, and suggestions

I do not know if I'm on the right topic for this, but I'm also very noob to figure out how to talk to the site support, so since the site has changed, I can not change the profile image because it always fails to load the file, I tried to change the format and sizes, but always the same error, if anyone can help me, I would be very grateful.

ScreenShot_20180119011102.png

On 15.1.2018 at 11:38 PM, Ashal said:

I'm aware search sucks, unfortunately, it's not something I really have much control over, seeing as it's built into the core of the software. IPB 4.3, which should be out any week now, has a completely overhauled search system which should hopefully fix or at least alleviate most of the shittiness of the current search system.

if I'm looking for something, then I use my magic word and at the latest after a minute I have found everything I want. :classic_wink:

but this magic word remains private.

mz9az.gif

43 minutes ago, stalfos81 said:

Hmm I can't find an option to actually change my profile picture on the new version of the site.

Open your profile. See the picture and click on the small icon that red arrow points to. You'll get the new window and just follow the instructions.

5a62d1aeca3c5_2018-01-2006_17_55-ElfPrince-LoversLab.png.5bf50c5d0c11cb05dbfac13139ccede9.png

3 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

@Ashal - reading some blogs and my own blog I came to idea and suggestion. You see, if the owner of the blog doesn't like someone's post (comment) he can delete it. So, I was thinking about adding the same function to the owners of the thread. If the thread owner has possibility to delete improper, insulting and dramatic posts on his own thread, that might reduced moderator's interventions. Juts an idea.

second page of this medal, but there are people who do not tolerate constructive, justified criticism, in short said * they do not tolerate the truth * or they do not understand fun!
these people should that right to get to delete my posts!
nobody has this right, the only exception are and remain moderators.
if everyone has the opportunity to delete posts, then there is here soon Russian Roulette! :classic_wink:

33 minutes ago, Elf Prince said:

You nicely said: second side of the metal. Someone likes hot tea, I like it cold. :smile:  I just thought that thread owners should have the right to manage their threads as they like; even to delete it if they don't instead of asking moderators to do it for them because we have a full freedom to do with our blogs as we want (except sharing editing with other LL users at it was the case on the old site), and we are limited to do with our threads to do the same.

I find it not OK if everyone can manage their threads like this as he wants it, I know that right of free speech and nobody should have the power to curtail my opinion!
it is the same you would ban the free press an article to print just because you do not like him. :classic_wink::classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Elf Prince said:

Winnie, my friend, I think you didn't understand the true meaning of my post. I was saying in the first post that thread owners should have authority to erase posts that breaking the LL rules, causing drama, insulting others on thread owners. (that's what moderators are doing). I didn't say anything against opposite opinion. I don't think that insulting others and breaking LL rules is "freedom of speech". :smile: So, I wanted to make easier for them if the thread owners would have the same power.

my friend, I already understood you correctly (first post), but do you really believe, when this possibility exists, that there will be no abuse?
I think that's exactly what will happen then, No, I do not like this post, just click and it's gone although maybe a thousand others, find this post good!
if a post should be offensive, and a thread owner deletes it, then you take the moderators the opportunity to pronounce a punishment! :classic_wink:

Winnie, my friend, I think you didn't understand the true meaning of my post. I was saying in the first post that thread owners should have authority to erase posts that breaking the LL rules, causing drama, insulting others on thread owners. (that's what moderators are doing). I didn't say anything against opposite opinion. I don't think that insulting others and breaking LL rules is "freedom of speech". :smile: So, I wanted to make easier for them if the thread owners would have the same power.

4 minutes ago, winny257 said:

my friend, I already understood you correctly (first post), but do you really believe, when this possibility exists, that there will be no abuse?
I think that's exactly what will happen then, No, I do not like this post, just click and it's gone although maybe a thousand others, find this post good!
if a post should be offensive, and a thread owner deletes it, then you take the moderators the opportunity to pronounce a punishment! :classic_wink:

You guys seeing things very differently and both of your arguments makes sense from your standpoints. Unfortunately for both of you, LL is as it is, has its good sides and shortcomings that you (and me) should accept for we can't change anything. ;)

@Elf Prince - Honey, you have full autonomy and authority of do the things in the Hotel as you like. Stick to it. ;):classic_heart: You.

3 hours ago, EvalovesEP said:

You guys seeing things very differently and both of your arguments makes sense from your standpoints. Unfortunately for both of you, LL is as it is, has its good sides and shortcomings that you (and me) should accept for we can't change anything. ;)

@Elf Prince - Honey, you have full autonomy and authority of do the things in the Hotel as you like. Stick to it. ;):classic_heart: You.

I can understand Prince, but now comes the everything decisive POINT for me!
if someone writes a post (serious violation of the forum rules) and I safe proof this post (answer to his post).
then he just needs to remove his and my answer and this person can no longer be punished because the proof was deleted.

Hahaha - @winny257 - you and I giphy.gif.87bfb21e1bcbec2f429521431a73f71a.gif  each other. ;)

my friend, just a stupid example, the thread * Post your sex screenshots * is my thread, accessible for everyone 18+, anyone can write and upload pictures.
although I am open to everything, but there are some things that I absolutely do not like, as it is now, I have to accept it!
but if I have the opportunity to delete, then I would remove pictures and posts that I do not like, even if the user has received 20 Likes for his post.

I hope you understand me. :classic_smile:

6 hours ago, winny257 said:

my friend, just a stupid example, the thread * Post your sex screenshots * is my thread, accessible for everyone 18+, anyone can write and upload pictures.
although I am open to everything, but there are some things that I absolutely do not like, as it is now, I have to accept it!
but if I have the opportunity to delete, then I would remove pictures and posts that I do not like, even if the user has received 20 Likes for his post.

I hope you understand me. :classic_smile:

I understand... fully.

If this was available... I would

Spoiler

DELETE ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING.  ;)  LOL

For example I have some tutorial threads. There are issues that arise from time to time and those get corrected. No reason for those post to be there so delete. There are post that people make that are wrong, miss informed, miss directed... delete. There are post that I might not like... don't respond.. just delete. In the end I am the moderator and the moderators aren't needed, well not needed most of the time.

Serious infractions.. usually get cleaned up once they are reported.  Issues or problem post I can usually get cleared up by giving a nice PM to the poster and discussing the issue and in the end asking them to delete their thread nicely. I see the desire but I also see a great possibility of people getting seriously pissed off if this is given to anyone outside of the moderators. In fact, even the moderators in the past on this site has been called many things for removing post and such that they deemed needed to be removed. Lots of people get pissed off even then. Imagine what will happen if everybody had that option.

26 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

I understand... fully.

If this was available... I would

Reveal hidden contents

DELETE ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING.  ;)  LOL

For example I have some tutorial threads. There are issues that arise from time to time and those get corrected. No reason for those post to be there so delete. There are post that people make that are wrong, miss informed, miss directed... delete. There are post that I might not like... don't respond.. just delete. In the end I am the moderator and the moderators aren't needed, well not needed most of the time.

Serious infractions.. usually get cleaned up once they are reported.  Issues or problem post I can usually get cleared up by giving a nice PM to the poster and discussing the issue and in the end asking them to delete their thread nicely. I see the desire but I also see a great possibility of people getting seriously pissed off if this is given to anyone outside of the moderators. In fact, even the moderators in the past on this site has been called many things for removing post and such that they deemed needed to be removed. Lots of people get pissed off even then. Imagine what will happen if everybody had that option.

I can tell you what would happen: Loverslab would be flooded with lawsuits!

Article 5 of the German fundamental law .

http://www.artikel5.de/

and I suspect the same applies in all western countries. :classic_smile:

(1) Everyone has the right freely to express and disseminate his or her opinion in speech, writing and pictures, and to inform himself freely from generally accessible sources. The freedom of the press and the freedom of reporting by radio and film are guaranteed. A censorship does not take place.

(1) Jeder hat das Recht, seine Meinung in Wort, Schrift und Bild frei zu äußern und zu verbreiten und sich aus allgemein zugänglichen Quellen ungehindert zu unterrichten. Die Pressefreiheit und die Freiheit der Berichterstattung durch Rundfunk und Film werden gewährleistet. Eine Zensur findet nicht statt. 

LL is based in the US and not held to German law... Just like Germany web sites aren't held to US standards and laws. Also your example doesn't give the rights for someone to post or have the rights to post whatever they want anywhere they want, only that people are given the right to be able to speak freely in press, radio and film. (I.E. not be censored by the GOVERNMENT) Not privately own communications. One such example is the restriction of contents from Patron. If there was any provision that would protect the content there... don't you think someone would have already sued them ;) There is a shit ton of money being lost by many people (Class action suit) if we followed your premise.

This is a privately own forum and can then have private rules and procedures. Members have the right to spout off pretty much whatever they want, etc however, they have to do it on their own time, place, and dime. If they don't like something or feel something needs to be done differently, they can open their own site. (some have ;)) If the admin decided to give moderation tools to all the members... (which would be a very crazy thing to do) it is their right and nothing would or could be done if someone deleted someone else post except complain, retaliate, or quit the site. Finally,  I can't see any judge even, being willing to entertain the possibility of any legal action on this. There is so much more important things than dealing with someone but hurt because some post was deleted by another member on a gaming web sight.

It is basically nothing more than what is already done. Ashal gives moderator tools to members he see fit. It is his right. He gives as many people as he feels he need to give these tools to in order to manage the site. Giving everybody moderation privileges is a bit extreme but, not outside of his legal rights. At least as I am aware.

1 hour ago, RitualClarity said:

LL is based in the US and not held to German law... Just like Germany web sites aren't held to US standards and laws. Also your example doesn't give the rights for someone to post or have the rights to post whatever they want anywhere they want, only that people are given the right to be able to speak freely in press, radio and film. (I.E. not be censored by the GOVERNMENT) Not privately own communications. One such example is the restriction of contents from Patron. If there was any provision that would protect the content there... don't you think someone would have already sued them ;) There is a shit ton of money being lost by many people (Class action suit) if we followed your premise.

This is a privately own forum and can then have private rules and procedures. Members have the right to spout off pretty much whatever they want, etc however, they have to do it on their own time, place, and dime. If they don't like something or feel something needs to be done differently, they can open their own site. (some have ;)) If the admin decided to give moderation tools to all the members... (which would be a very crazy thing to do) it is their right and nothing would or could be done if someone deleted someone else post except complain, retaliate, or quit the site. Finally,  I can't see any judge even, being willing to entertain the possibility of any legal action on this. There is so much more important things than dealing with someone but hurt because some post was deleted by another member on a gaming web sight.

It is basically nothing more than what is already done. Ashal gives moderator tools to members he see fit. It is his right. He gives as many people as he feels he need to give these tools to in order to manage the site. Giving everybody moderation privileges is a bit extreme but, not outside of his legal rights. At least as I am aware.

I already said * and I suspect the same applies in all western countries * and in America the right to freedom of expression also applies, so that same law.
You're right, I live in Germany, but we live in the 21st century and you do not seriously believe that a law on the border Stopt.
if it were that easy then a German murderer could flee to America and he would go unpunished!
also for private websites the respective state law applies.
Of course, the possibility would be * Delete posts * too small misdemeanor and no court would deal with such a lapalie.  :classic_smile:

if it were that easy then a German murderer could flee to America and he would go unpunished!

Not applicable. There are treaties between the governments that cover major crimes. Not so with minor laws. You are comparing Apples and oranges.

The freedom of expression  doesn't apply to private web sites. By all means, try to file a claim in Germany for an US private web site violating your freedom of expression.

On that note this isn't relevant to the thread topic and dangerously close to being Political... might just experience some censorship shortly if this contuses... ;) File a complaint with your German officials when/if this happens!. :tongue:

I have spoke enough on this and derailed this way too far. :classic_blush:

3 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

[...]

Although you have the heart in the right place, giving members such power is never a good idea. What if you and me have a discussion? What if you are 100% right in your claims, but because I can't handle the truth, I start with deleting your posts. 

I don't honestly think you would like such action. Sure, some will use it for good but others will also use it for bad. And granted, sometimes a reply or a discussion can get ugly because we often tend to act and write based on our feelings.

This is why we have the report button so that moderators can take a objective look at something without any feelings involved and judge correctly. But remember, words also only have power if you allow them to. 

5 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

---snip---

my friend, I already told you, I can understand you well.
if you have the opportunity to delete posts in your blog, this is completely correct.
first: your blog is a private area.
second: In your private area, only positive posts should appear.
but a thread is public, and in this place can also appear negative posts.
as long as these posts do not violate the forum rules I have no problem with that!
if you want that a thread owner can negative posts delete then all users should receive this right!
what do you think how many times I have been insulted by members lately?
a click on the report button is sufficient, but I'm not sure then whether this member was punished, on Nexus would be such an offense lead to banishment.

more I do not say to

1 hour ago, Cynical Misanthrope said:

Although you have the heart in the right place, giving members such power is never a good idea. What if you and me have a discussion? What if you are 100% right in your claims, but because I can't handle the truth, I start with deleting your posts. 

I don't honestly think you would like such action. Sure, some will use it for good but others will also use it for bad. And granted, sometimes a reply or a discussion can get ugly because we often tend to act and write based on our feelings.

This is why we have the report button so that moderators can take a objective look at something without any feelings involved and judge correctly. But remember, words also only have power if you allow them to. 

my speech :classic_smile:

Have you ever heard the expression "my mind is made up, don't confuse me with the facts."

People with an agenda cannot bear to hear anything that even remotely challenges their fanatic approach to something.

Just remember that the definition of a fanatic is someone who has doubled their effort but forgotten their goal.

However, what we are faced with here is a situation where my rights are more important than your rights.

I guess what I am trying to say is that if people are given the right to delete at will, it will always be abused.

No law that had tried to equalize something has ever succeed until it was first dragged through the mud leaving many innocent people in its wake.

All this so a few people could pat themselves on the back and tell us all how inferior we are for not believing as they do. 

Here is the greatest right of all   NOT to look, not to download, these are fundamental freedoms that if exercised, would take care of 90% of the nonsense we are dealing with today.

If things that appear in a thread offend you.....DO NOT GO TO THAT THREAD.....simple common sense....or is it??

4 hours ago, dharvinia said:

If things that appear in a thread offend you.....DO NOT GO TO THAT THREAD.....simple common sense....or is it??

Totally agree with that in general, on the other hand in this case suggested... if somebody (let's call him "A") opens a thread he should be able to go to his own thread, if possible without beeing offended. If somebody ("B") wants to say something that "A" deletes there, "B" can still open his own thread. So... i don't really see the problem. Especially because i wouldn't want to discuss with somebody who just wants to delete what i'm saying, at this point i can be fairly sure the discussion is at a dead end.

If the moderators here have too much work and this will help, i'd be fine with the solution to allow thread starters to delete stuff. Freedom of speach means you can say anything you want, but not everywhere. While i'm not easily offended, there are things you can't tell me without beeing thrown out of my flat, and that definitly fits LL too. If it fits for single threads is not my decision, but i'd consider either way ok.

On 16.1.2018 at 2:06 PM, Elf Prince said:

Correct, but I had a problem with LL "search" many times. I knew how much posts I wrote in certain thread and when I searched for it because I needed certain post, the site displayed only certain amount of my posts and not the one I was looking for. It's OK. What is important is that Ashal is aware of the problem and (i guess) he'll find solution. :classic_smile:

Like Lazyboot mentioned, you can use site:Loverslab.com with google and this is also true for certain threads, if you search some specific post in a specific thread you can use "site:loverslab.com/topic/87535-new-site-questions-comments-and-suggestions Elf Prince Correct" Still not perfect, for example it doesn't find the quoted post. But a lot of your posts, it might be a little help... Sometimes it actually is helpful to be old enough to remember the times before google where all search engines really sucked without some wizardry (and even with it too). ;)

*edit: just to be clear: while i agree a well working search on LL would be great, i don't set my hopes too high... search algorithms aren't easy, especially if there is more than one user at once who wants to use the same site... one reason why googles search results are that impressive besides their alogrithms is their infrastucture, not sure about now but around 2005 i think they had more hardware than amazon, apple, microsoft, yahoo, US government and european governments combined. I'm afraid Ashal can't offer that, so... it still might be better to use google even after the update.