What's on your mind?

13 hours ago, AKM said:

I was speaking specifically of the Burn/Murder/Loot types.  You know, the one's who say "Oh we didn't KILL anyone, we just burned down half the city!" Like that's acceptable behavior - just so long as you don't kill anyone in the process.  They have absolutely no concept of the time and energy it takes to gain success, and rather sit around with their hand out for hand-outs while others work their asses off to get their success.   ...And then those who spent the time with their hand-outs complain about others' success.

Politics has always been a shit show.  You can open the history books and read about members of Congress beating each other with canes during disagreements in the opening phases of this country.  "I'm right and you're wrong." is NOT new.

I was spring boarding off the spoiled brat mentality. It is sort of like how you never hear about the 80 year old mugger. Not because he is smarter but because he is physically unable to do anything besides play it safe. I couldn't pick any statistics saying crime either increased or decreased over time(not cause I'm lazy  or anything) but one thing I can tell you for certain is that there has always been awful people of all ages. Saying it is this generation's fault has been the go to excuse for older folks to vent their frustrations since the beginning of time.

To chalk it down to laziness is both right and wrong. The reasons for Looting is only limited by your imagination. The reasons for murder is for fun, revenge, or sometimes money. The reasons to burn is mostly just revenge and fun or sometimes money. To stick with the theme of money, getting a job is tough during the not so metaphorical plague.

58 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

I'd agree... but I don't really see how burning down and looting small businesses is getting "revenge" against the police.

One can get angry over things greater than mother didn't love you enough even if their actions make no sense. Overall I wouldn't be surprised if most these "protesters" were really just football fans after a game or something along those lines but I don't want just ideas of their intent I want the full story. Also Alfred(best butler ever) must have thought of this as a lovely memory but I wonder...

The streaming wars are starting to affect my house. I used to watch Rome, Deadwood, and Band of Brothers on Amazon, but now I am looking to set  up an NAS since I have quite a collection of DVDs already.    I wonder if this trend will grow enough to force content providers into some draconian copyright laws, something like "You are not allowed to watch this unless you are paying for viewing it" mentality .

12 minutes ago, steelpanther24 said:

The streaming wars are starting to affect my house. I used to watch Rome, Deadwood, and Band of Brothers on Amazon, but now I am looking to set  up an NAS since I have quite a collection of DVDs already.    I wonder if this trend will grow enough to force content providers into some draconian copyright laws, something like "You are not allowed to watch this unless you are paying for viewing it" mentality .

Of course it will. The clutching grasp of the obese is always strongest when affected by gravity. And time.

I'm just trying to understand how bad and completely wrong dargon's dargma is. Like Holy shit.

It's like if Netflix presented IN A WORLD WHERE THE VICIOUS NORDS HAVE TAKEN CONTROL OF SKYRIM ONE MAN AND HIS THALMOR SIDEKICK HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE THE FUTURE, MAKE WAY FOR NAZEEM THE DRAGONBORN SAVIOR OF ALL TAMRIEL. WHITERUN IS ABOUT TO GO FULL WOKE, FEEL THE CLOUD DISTRICT

Did they just look at pictures and then grab the latest off summer season anime Mad Lib and throw in words that Capcom approved?

Just astoudingly bad.

1 hour ago, 27X said:

I'm just trying to understand how bad and completely wrong dargon's dargma is. Like Holy shit.

It's like if Netflix presented IN A WORLD WHERE THE VICIOUS NORDS HAVE TAKEN CONTROL OF SKYRIM ONE MAN AND HIS THALMOR SIDEKICK HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE THE FUTURE, MAKE WAY FOR NAZEEM THE DRAGONBORN SAVIOR OF ALL TAMRIEL. WHITERUN IS ABOUT TO GO FULL WOKE, FEEL THE CLOUD DISTRICT

Did they just look at pictures and then grab the latest off summer season anime ad lib and throw in words that Capcom approved?

Just astoudingly bad.

I'm actually quite happy to see that the Dragon's Dogma universe is best presented in a video game. So many elements that make a game good do not translate to shows or movies- something that Netflix will learn the hard way. An interesting take on the difference between the two

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come...."- Grigori

On 9/17/2020 at 10:41 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

I'm actually quite happy to see that the Dragon's Dogma universe is best presented in a video game. So many elements that make a game good do not translate to shows or movies- something that Netflix will learn the hard way. An interesting take on the difference between the two

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come...."- Grigori

Yeah but there's literally no excuse for... whatever the fuck this is supposed to be. They literally just took BBI and made it the overworld, now with 90% Goblin Slayer. The entire premise of the Eternal Return leaves room for just about any kind of story or "alternate timeline" or variation on the presented themes you could want, but instead we get like... raeptown, the town that raeps and almost every character quite literally doing 180 heelturns just so a scene kind of like that one scene in the game can halfassed happen.

This is like Jame Cameron's Batman trilogy with a script written by David Goyer. I would say it's an open garbage fire but it doesn't make enough sense or have enough thematic coherence to do even that.

This is like trying to combine Urotsukidoji with Ranma 1/2... the fuck did I just watch, and WHY... just why. Just fucking baffled. It's like watching the universal WWE title be decided by a round of golf played with ping pong paddles or watching The Last Jedi. I'm p sure the script was just this.

5 hours ago, ToJKa said:

And may there be a special hell for whoever invented leaf blowers.

Third worst thing to happen to mankind.

Second is soundboards.

First is social media.

I genuinely believe that, if the western world doesn't completely collapse in the next few decades, future generations will look back on our unrestricted use of social media with the same kind of horrified fascination as we do today with the smoker culture of the early 20th century.

"Can you believe people in the early 21st century actually spend hours on social media?"

7 minutes ago, remnantlife said:

Wondering if my friend will ever realize i have a crush on him.

Men are thicker than your average anime harem protagonist that isn't hentai. If you don't know what that means. Well to put it in simpler terms you need say something or he won't get the picture ever.

On 9/19/2020 at 3:06 AM, Darkpig said:

They're great. You could blow all your leaves into your neighbors yard.

Sure, and you can sandblast his car too while you're at it.

Problem is the noise.

And that they are run everytime a single leaf touches the ground.

And that they are always used by kids who have to rev the engine as if it was their moped that has such a shittyly tuned engine that it won't keep running otherwise.