What's on your mind?

23 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

2004? I had issues with that update as well, namely, my soundcard (Sound Blaster AE-7). I have NOT installed it on my laptop yet. What issues did you have on the laptop? 

Online said SATA AHCI Controller... but none of the fixes worked so I don't think that was it. Every 10-20 minutes my laptop would restart.

I'm as tech savvy as... well, a pig. 

That the establishment have lost their fuckin mind. College student here and recently took a chapter quiz which included a section on social justice. The question roughly was "why in the last several years has there been a decline in female and poc having jobs in school physical education, sports, ect.?". The answer wasn't because they pick different careers or a lack of funding- no. The answer was essentially that these jobs are "underrepresented" because of the white patriarchy.- I fucking kid you not.

I thought about reporting the question and teacher to the college for review- and maybe I should have. I don't know. Should I have? I mean most (some?) of these are pretty smart kids- can't they figure out what's bs on their own? I mean two plus two does not equal whatever the hell we decide it is.

I argued with Greg here about keeping public schools open for various reasons. But now that I see this sort of thing being taught, I'm against them and in favor of alternatives. Is it too late to fix? Have we or will we lose an entire generation to this madness? I sure as hell hope not.

8 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I thought about reporting the question and teacher to the college for review- and maybe I should have. I don't know. Should I have? I mean most (some?) of these are pretty smart kids- can't they figure out what's bs on their own? I mean two plus two does not equal whatever the hell we decide it is.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke

13 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I argued with Greg here about keeping public schools open for various reasons. But now that I see this sort of thing being taught, I'm against them and in favor of alternatives. Is it too late to fix? Have we lost an entire generation to this madness? I sure as hell hope not.

It will get worse my friend.  Much worse.  They have just begun to show their true colors about the nonsense they will teach.

Unless we push back.

2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Have we or will we lose an entire generation to this madness? I sure as hell hope not.

In a word: Yes.  Look at the age of the "protestors"/rioters.  These are, for the most part, young people.  Late teens, early 20s.  Just the age when they SHOULD be working... but they're not.  Instead they're protesting and rioting.  Why? 

I can't know for sure, by my take is:

Because they've been raised in such a coddled environment that they simply don't understand the real world.  They have their idea of what the real world is.  What they've been taught that the real world is, but they don't know what the real world is, because they've never experienced it.  I know, because it took me a number of years out of school to ditch the school mindset and realize that there really was another, or rather MANY other, ways of doing things and seeing things than what I had been taught.

Most of my real world education had to do with forcing myself to interact with people I wouldn't normally interact with and doing my damnedest to try to figure out why and how other people see the world differently from the way I do.  The most difficult part is watching both sides get more and more extreme, while they do little other than point their fingers at "the other guy".  'Anything right was us.  Anything wrong was THEM!' is the mantra of BOTH sides today.  But it's nothing new.

I remember a political cartoon from my grandparents house that was printed in the 70's or 80's that was two guys with hand drills in a sinking, leaking boat, each blaming the other for the mess they were in.  This "blame someone, anyone else, in entirety, for ALL the problems and ills of the world without a second of self reflection" mentality is nothing new.  That's a problem, yes, but the far greater problem is absolute conviction and extremist mentality of those on both sides who believe with all their being that THEY are right, and the other side is wrong, and as they are wrong, they should be ignored, as they are sub-human, (animals, is the term used), and basically "run off".

What really baffles me is the statements I hear about voluntary re-segregation.  That's as "YOU are the entirety of our problems!" as it gets to think that removing yourself, voluntarily, from interaction with another ethnicity will solve all your problems.

As my aunt has told me multiple times over the years: "I'm not really sure I want to be here (alive) in 40 years, the way things are going."  I'm not that far, yet, but I can definitely see where she's coming from with that sentiment.

46 minutes ago, AKM said:

I can't know for sure, by my take is:

My take is this is a planned corrosion of our country, to remold it in the lefts image.

The left infected and monopolized academia and the media, brainwash the kids to keep em in school til they're 30 and with no life skills, bring in mass illegal immigration of low skill labor to drive down minimum wages, increasing the economic disparity, and the politicians buy votes with promises like guaranteed economic security for those who refuse to work. Than they have the Clinton News Network and the likes to tell you there's nothing sinister afoot. 

If they all got snapped... the world would be no worse off, as far as I can tell.

6 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

Also, Bernie Sanders has Jimmy Hoffa buried in his back yard.

Except the Whisper Network is a thing

Except JournoPro is a thing

Except CON is a thing

Except AntifaDiscordia is a thing

Just because you don't belong to the screech police doesn't mean they don't exist.

3 hours ago, AKM said:

In a word: Yes.  Look at the age of the "protestors"/rioters.  These are, for the most part, young people.  Late teens, early 20s.  Just the age when they SHOULD be working... but they're not.  Instead they're protesting and rioting.  Why? 

You mean without throwing out their hip? At this point it is just speculation. You could try asking them in prison. But you probably wouldn't like the answer and they would be lying anyway since they are fucking looters. They should be using their energy on breaking Trump's wall and call that return on investment. Kind of like buying a scratching post for your cat. But sadly they are not cats.

People over the age of 30 are finished with their fratboy/fratgirl years and are on to bigger and better things like mafia and politics and yelling at kids to get off their lawn.

What? You thought kids were the only ones that did shitty things? There is plenty of shittyness for people of all ages. Not everybody ages like wine. I would like to say that politics has turned into a shit show but politics has always been a shit show from day one.  No magical corporation or politician is going to save us from idiots at the moment so we might as well enjoy it or do something about it. But since nobody has the balls to do anything about it jolly good show.

74c.gif

37 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

But since nobody has the balls to do anything about it jolly good show.

People are fighting this- and I don't mean the extremist that want to trade shots with rioters in the streets. True that most people still want to make light of it and think it will just go away. Maybe it will. But this is something that is moving fast and if people continue to ignore it, then things could get really bad for everybody, everywhere- not just those in certain places. There's much more going on even than what's right in front of us. Our freedom isn't free.

If you want to give up your freedom and dignity, that's on you. I won't.

8 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

People are fighting this- and I don't mean the extremist that want to trade shots with rioters in the streets. True that most people still want to make light of it and think it will just go away. Maybe it will. But this is something that is moving fast and if people continue to ignore it, then things could get really bad for everybody, everywhere- not just those in certain places. There's much more going on even than what's right in front of us. Our freedom isn't free.

If you want to bend over or get on your knees and give up your freedom and dignity, that's on you. I won't.

Saying and doing are two different things. Getting out to help your fellow man(or woman) is something that requires sacrifice. I don't mean life in particular but time and energy. If 80% of people who say they give a damn actually took a little time to help protect the people and property of others we wouldn't be having this problem.

44 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

Saying and doing are two different things. Getting out to help your fellow man(or woman) is something that requires sacrifice. I don't mean life in particular but time and energy. If 80% of people who say they give a damn actually took a little time to help protect the people and property of others we wouldn't be having this problem.

Well, most of those people that say they give a damn and that they want people and property to be protected really mean they want someone else to sacrifice and do it- can't deny that. Is the fight still left in us? Have we become too lazy and comfortable? Remains to be seen, but there are signs that we haven't. Many times in life we don't see the danger until it's too late. Then we have to rely on blind luck which is a fickle friend indeed.

But, I'm sure I've said enough and this site is being gracious about discussing politics. I'll try to focus on more pleasant things.

7 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

in school with no life skills

Heh.  I remember wondering about that even when I was back in grade school.  "Gee, when is it that the school system is going to start teaching me life skills like 'home economics' (cooking), and vehicle repair, etc.?"  I watched as home econ was removed entirely, and as you only got real world fixing skills if you chose the trade school route.  Oh, AND as the girls were no longer taught home skills as they were pushed more and more to "go get a job!"... but the boys weren't taught those skills, either.  I guess everyone was expected to go get a job, and leave the child rearing to third parties?  It was truly fascinating watching this clusterfuck occure in real time, especially from the perspective of a "know-nothing" kid whose opinion on anything didn't matter.

But then, my introduction to "adults aren't perfect" started early when, at the end of my very first day of school, I insisted that THIS was NOT the bus I should be on.  (Come on, folks, bus driver aside, I'm the ONLY person of my ethnicity on this bus!) I got over-ruled, and then a VERY panicked bus driver and even more panicked mother had to sort it all out.  Back at school with the all-knowing, all powerful adults sitting around with their thumbs up their butts: "Um, how the hell do we contact this kid's parents...?"  I couldn't remember my phone number at the time, and the amount of time it took those idiots to figure out that "Oh, wait, we have emergency contact information cards.  This situation is exactly what they're for!".  Ugh.

5 hours ago, Darkpig said:

People over the age of 30 are finished with their fratboy/fratgirl years and are on to bigger and better things like mafia and politics and yelling at kids to get off their lawn.

What? You thought kids were the only ones that did shitty things? There is plenty of shittyness for people of all ages. Not everybody ages like wine. I would like to say that politics has turned into a shit show but politics has always been a shit show from day one.  No magical corporation or politician is going to save us from idiots at the moment so we might as well enjoy it or do something about it. But since nobody has the balls to do anything about it jolly good show.

I was speaking specifically of the Burn/Murder/Loot types.  You know, the one's who say "Oh we didn't KILL anyone, we just burned down half the city!" Like that's acceptable behavior - just so long as you don't kill anyone in the process.  They have absolutely no concept of the time and energy it takes to gain success, and rather sit around with their hand out for hand-outs while others work their asses off to get their success.   ...And then those who spent the time with their hand-outs complain about others' success.

Politics has always been a shit show.  You can open the history books and read about members of Congress beating each other with canes during disagreements in the opening phases of this country.  "I'm right and you're wrong." is NOT new.

5 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

If you want to give up your freedom and dignity, that's on you. I won't.

Remember the race riots of the 1960's?  This, too, shall pass.  But they're wrapping economic disparity up in the race cloak - again - while as usual, they're laughing all the way to the bank.