What's on your mind?

6 minutes ago, landess said:

It helps to focus what story they have by having the player move to specific areas in a loose sequence until their level/power has met the highest requirement. I don't want to 1shot/1hit 'gray' (no xp from MMO days) enemies. 2 levels below is 'okay' but 1 or same would be fine with me.

This is why I like the New Game Plus as everything the game made you do or go outside the story can now be ignored and it's a breath of fresh air. 

> Politics? I don't give it much thought as I run around these personal Holodeck experiences. AC: Rogue allowed the player to kill civilians without consequence or annoying reminders that the Creed didn't kill innocents. While I never became a serial killer, those couple accidental 'murders' without being scolded was a nice change. An amusement park that fails to amuse should be avoided.

The Assassin's Creed setting could be a literal amusement park in Desmond's time and it would have the same end result. There will be no de-sync worries if there is no historical setting, anyway. 

Metatron states why the type of historical revisionism is not just artistically bankrupt but possibly harmful in the long-run for our various cultures.

I know that I would be irritated if, in some theoretical biopic, Queen Amina not only suddenly looked like Princess Adora from Masters of the Universe/She-Ra but if she were converted into some gentle Disney Princess rather than being depicted as the merciless conqueror that she was for the sake of imposing the modern morality of European or the descendants of European onto her ancient African culture. 

If one wishes to take the flavor of ancient cultures, there is no reason to not just take the Pure Aesthetic Era approach or even go all out like series such as Naruto and One Piece (one of the most successful series of all time) and set it on an Earth with a divergent history or another planet which closely resembles Earth yet is not beholden to any cultural expectations whatsoever.

4 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Metatron states why the type of historical revisionism is not just artistically bankrupt but possibly harmful in the long-run for our various cultures.

I know that I would be irritated if, in some theoretical biopic, Queen Amina not only suddenly looked like Princess Adora from Masters of the Universe/She-Ra but if she were converted into some gentle Disney Princess rather than being depicted as the merciless conqueror that she was for the sake of imposing the modern morality of European or the descendants of European onto her ancient African culture. 

If one wishes to take the flavor of ancient cultures, there is no reason to not just take the Pure Aesthetic Era approach or even go all out like series such as Naruto and One Piece (one of the most successful series of all time) and set it on an Earth with a divergent history or another planet which closely resembles Earth yet is not beholden to any cultural expectations whatsoever.

Historical revisionism doesn't take place in works of fiction outside small groups of idiots. Historical revision is done by well educated experts checked over by their peers who have researched their work extensively.

The solution to your problem is simple. Writers wanting to separate fact from fiction need to either mark a product as either fiction or non-fiction. Then it comes down to the audience to actually read those labels. Even with the writer repeatedly saying this is not real there is still going to be some dumb Borat asking if this is cheese.

19 hours ago, landess said:

If someone wants to play only the main story in these games and skip as much content as possible, perhaps an XP boost is the only way for them?

Imo if one doesn't find the gameplay and its systems compelling, it failed at being a good game. Why not resell the game, buy a new one, instead of pourring more money in it.

It's like, there's a restaurant, and the chef admits his meals are boring and not good, but he tells okay stories while people eat, so he offers a robot bin services that can eat the meal for you.

Why does this guy even have a restaurant, and why even go to that restaurant. He should be a writer, and you (generally speaking here) should go to the library

Sometimes it's obvious companies started designing their games around these type of services. Boring progressions and repetitive gameplay so that players are more enclined to buy the means to skip it. Which sucks

Obv i'm not tellin you "No you shouldn't," yea like you said whatever float your boats. But in my case i'm too pragmatic for that. If I don't like a game i'm reselling or not playing it, the story I can still go watch somewhere else. I just think these in game monetization will kick our ass back one day, from being lenient/laxist and supporting and proving to these companies these models work. Though it already does, the quality dip in gaming is pretty insane to the point i'm just considering dropping a hobby I liked since being a kid

Anyway apologies if this messy, need coffee

3 hours ago, CyanBunnye said:

if this messy

Not at all.

I will add many forget there are quite a few people with money whom do play games. It's just a variation within the game systems I can ignore. Whales exist. If they impact a game too much I just don't play.

I spent a LOT playing Marvel Heroes Online a few years back - 'Buying' the different characters and variations. I'll spend when or if it suits me. My gaming days of the 70's, 80's, 90's, is well past.

> It's gotten to the point where I'd be willing to pay a fee or something just to access online competitive servers GUARANTEED to not have cheats or hacks. They're why I don't play online competitively anymore - and I miss it.

4 hours ago, landess said:

willing to pay a fee or something just to access online competitive servers GUARANTEED to not have cheats or hacks

Yeah this would be actually worth the money... looking at you CSGO

30 minutes ago, stingray1995 said:

WHO ???

Emil Pagliarulo: the guy responsible for every bull-horn-blaring Bethesda plot hole and inconsistency since Ralston left Bethesda. 

Skyrim Delphine and her preternatural 'I know what's going on even though there's no way I feasibly could' plot contrivance bullshit.  Remove the Tumblr-level fan-fic horseshit  Bethesda (and the fans) foists it off as a 'story' and they have jack shit...and jack vacated the premise so what are they left with?

Edited by Kendo 2
4 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Emil Pagliarulo: the guy responsible for every bull-horn-blaring Bethesda plot hole and inconsistency since Ralston left Bethesda. 

Skyrim Delphine and her preternatural 'I know what's going on even though there's no way I feasibly could' plot contrivance bullshit.  Remove the Tumblr-level fan-fic horseshit  Bethesda (and the fans) foists it off as a 'story' and they have jack shit...and jack vacated the premise so what are they left with?

They tried that with Vault 76.. no story or as little as possible with the NPC interactions at least...
(Hint.. still sucked ;) )

lOL

On 8/14/2021 at 7:44 PM, RitualClarity said:

They tried that with Vault 76.. no story or as little as possible with the NPC interactions at least...
(Hint.. still sucked ;) )

lOL

Maybe that is the approach other game companies are trying in order to save money. That would explain the empty sandbox model that AAA developers are trying to push. Maybe we should get developers to play their own game. Play with us Ubisoft forever and ever and ever.

13 minutes ago, FrafdO said:

since covid I stuck a lot of time at home should I buy indoor training bike ???

If you already have a bike, you can just buy a kit to use it indoors like an exercise bike (Indoor Cycling Stand). It would probably save you a few local monetary units. 

Landed in a pile of shit with my friend because I had the audacity to say FFVII wasn't like... THE GREATEST GAME EVA!!! Poked fun at the fanatical fans too and pretty much sealed the end of our 'friendship'. I mean really? From BFF to cold war in the blink of an eye over that? :classic_tongue:

Edited by KoolHndLuke
15 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Landed in a pile of shit with my friend because I had the audacity to say FFVII wasn't like... THE GREATEST GAME EVA!!! Poked fun at the fanatical fans too and pretty much sealed the end of our 'friendship'. I mean really? From BFF to cold war in the blink of an eye over that? :classic_tongue:

> He broke your friendship just because of the game?! ?My Prince never understood similar behaving when it comes to sport. My dad attacked him for he didn't cheer for our national soccer team. Isn't it lame and pathetic?

Edited by EvalovesEP
On 7/16/2021 at 9:50 PM, MadMansGun said:

boo fucking hoo, he has 16000 + patreons, at the minimum amount ($1.50) he is still getting at least $288000.00 a year for doing jack shit.

AWWW MANNN...

I wish I could get $288,000.00 a year for doing jack shit..

On 7/14/2021 at 2:43 PM, GimmeBACON said:

https://fox8.com/news/photos-lightning-destroys-george-floyd-mural-in-ohio/

Never been a religious man... but maybe God's sending a message.

Also, damn..

So I guess lightning really does hit with explosive force and having gore mods in Skyrim that cause lightning bolt spells to blow people apart really isn't that unreasonable. I mean I always assumed that trees exploded when they got hit because they were full of water, but this does not seem to be the case.

You can see right were the bolt hit too, it was a direct hit to Floyd's face.

Good riddance.. Skimming through the article though it seems like they aren't taking the hint. Hopefully that one gets struck down too.

Edited by Z0mBieP00Nani
5 minutes ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

So I guess lightning really does hit with explosive force and having gore mods in Skyrim that cause lightning bolt spells to blow people apart really isn't that unreasonable. I mean I always assumed that trees exploded when they got hit because they were full of water, but this does not seem to be the case.

my mom once saw a cow get cut in half by lightning.

On 8/16/2021 at 12:28 AM, FauxFurry said:

It worked for Kenshi but Fallout 76 is no Kenshi. 

I hope Kenshi 2 has more structured NPC interaction. I played a lot of the first game and enjoyed it, don't get me wrong. But, I think I've fallen out of step with the full sandbox style. If the combat in K1 was more player-focused like Mount & Blade I think I would have put in a couple hundred hours instead of just 150. 

Though, a lot of the mods for Kenshi do increase the world's reaction to the player and that really helps.

Edited by Papersword
On 8/10/2021 at 5:50 AM, SailorPanda said:

Bitch is 40 yrs old

On 8/10/2021 at 5:50 AM, SailorPanda said:

she goes for guys who are FRESH out of high school/college

Ah, so this "Shallon Lester" likes being the "first car" you say? You know, the old hand me down hoopty, possibly with a suspicious interior smell that gets dented and scratched some more before eventually being discarded for a much younger and newer model later on?

It's just nice to have more vindication of my observations is all...

(Definition of hoopty: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hoopty)