What's on your mind?

4 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Throttling users because of wrong-think and jacking the algorithms to attract tweenie girls with low self-esteem has come back to bite them in the ass.  Tiktok and Twitter need to be next.

Except only old people use facebook.

the-best-funny-pictures-of-old-people-on-facebook-old-people-social-media-my-grandson.jpg.446c67f36418c4061cc1196ba4d1644e.jpg

4 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Throttling users because of wrong-think and jacking the algorithms to attract tweenie girls with low self-esteem has come back to bite them in the ass.  Tiktok and Twitter need to be next.

I am not with any of the so called social apps. Its garbage. Why would i want to see always some cheesy picture of someone?

But i would like to see the day when they go out of business. The world would be perhaps a better place.

On 10/1/2021 at 7:16 PM, Jerry of the Rock said:

The reason people hate campers in games is because they still have no counterplay against them after all these years.

With all the hackers, camping is a legit strategy.

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

Instagram targeting young girls for clicks is A-OK.

Call me a luddite, but I think all social media apps are harmful to an extent - especially given how much they are being used (in place of actual human interactions). They should've been used in careful moderation, but we just use them without restraint.

I remember reading somewhere that 98% of human communication is non-verbal (our tone, our facial expression, our posture). I don't think removing all that with Twitter or Facebook or whatever is healthy for us mentally.

That said, I do think Twitter has done more to damage our social fabric and amplify the crazies than just about any other social media app.  

Edited by OmegaBlaster
2 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

If that's what you think then your comprehension of what's going on is sorely lacking.

Facebook is back online after a massive outage that also took down Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger, and Oculus

First I heard of this. Then again I don't use Faceboob, Instantgrams, WhatsanApp, Messenger or Octopus. Now unless something drastic changed recently my point stands Facebook is 90% business owners, fathers and grandmothers. Kids don't even want to touch the platform their parents use.

Edited by Darkpig
On 10/5/2021 at 2:29 AM, Darkpig said:

Kids don't even want to touch the platform their parents use.

They don't mind using the country's infrastructure all the old people built and paid for.

Capitalism: Placing your lemonade stand right in front of a coke machine.

2 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

YES.

Damn, no more excuses for me. I also tell everyone I don't use social media >.<

Spoiler

What Is Social Media? Social media is a computer-based technology that facilitates the sharing of ideas, thoughts, and information through the building of virtual networks and communities. By design, social media is Internet-based and gives users quick electronic communication of content.

Spoiler

They forgot to mention the drama. It's not social media without any drama!

Edited by donttouchmethere
57 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:
Spoiler

They forgot to mention the drama. It's not social media without any drama!

?

Spoiler

How about you post a random mod list, I pick a random mod from it and claim how stupid this mod is at that position?

Then we sit back, have a tea and see what happens. :classic_smile:

[x] drama

[_] no drama

[_] what is drama ?

#AchievementUnlocked ?

Edited by worik
10 hours ago, landess said:

They don't mind using the country's infrastructure all the old people built and paid for.

Capitalism: Placing your lemonade stand right in front of a coke machine.

That sounds about right but I don't know man. Big daddy coke will get pissy if you sell lemonade in front of their lazy machine version of a salesman.

37 minutes ago, landess said:

It's not social media without a little spam either. . . . .

Spoiler

20997-istock-471531747.thumb.jpg.3a9bdbcc43807ea4f43804fd389f3bf5.jpg

48 minutes ago, steelpanther24 said:

Don't keep us in suspense !      Was he there???

Calm down Tigger. He wasn't there unfortunately but on the plus side spam.

JP Morgan virtue-signaled themselves out of a $58 BILLION bond market because guns are bad.  <_<

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-30/jpmorgan-says-texas-gun-law-blocks-bank-from-muni-bond-deals

Also; Smith & Wesson leaving Massachusetts for Tennessee.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/smith-wesson-headquarters-tennessee-gun-legislation

Edited by Kendo 2