What's on your mind?

On 7/30/2021 at 6:39 PM, B10HAZARD. said:

Did animal control rescue the dogs, or did the neighbours take them with them?

Evidently the human trash hauled the dogs off to the river bottom and dumped them.  The owner of the there pecan grove there has reported  a pack of feral dogs killing anything that moves.  This is what happens when scumbags dump dogs bred and trained to hunt hogs.  How the fuck can a pit bull red cur mix survive without a human pack leader?  And from what I've seen of the property and what I know about how the dogs were treated they can't be rehabbed.  I'm sad but I'm more pissed than anything else.

On 8/8/2021 at 6:49 AM, FauxFurry said:

One can take that to mean either: 

1. The attitude that games are a dangerous controlled substance (that has already been pushed a few times in the past).

2. US dollars when Western businesses pull out of the people's Republic of China as a result of the CCP getting in the way of their profit. 

Oh. So that is what Kendo was talking about. Escapism can be dangerous if overdone but that comes with every hobby. Computers are relatively new thus the prime target of ridicule that is mostly asswash. I can see a problem where light from a screen can keep one up but modern computers have the option to limit blue light during certain parts of the day so that should help lead a balanced healthy lifestyle. As for China I don't live in China so I don't care. But if there is something to get out of it I'm hoping this provides an argument to remove the gambling "lootbox" aspect of videogames.

5 hours ago, Darkpig said:

As for China I don't live in China so I don't care. But if there is something to get out of it I'm hoping this provides an argument to remove the gambling "lootbox" aspect of videogames.

Do you know what changed after the EU passed the gambling lootboxes laws ? National lotteries went online and are banking hard on it. That's it. It's got all of it, scratch millionaire tickets, lotteries, poker/blackjack, roulette, etc. The laws and the media articles just drawn attention on online wallet leeching systems and now everyone wants a cake piece

It's not like they banned Ubi EA Activision Blizzard & co, they're still allowed to sell lootboxes. No no, they just go into court, you barely hear about the lawsuits, and they lose a few pennies compared to what they make with such systems.

Now companies just find ways to dodge the law (hey you can avoid losing pennies, why not), since it's just a surface shitty law, now they sell blueprints, and skins, and gatcha systems are fine, and online shops are fine, and by the time the laws catch up to that it'll be year 2152

So If I was you (Am I you ?? Are we the same person pig ?? (whut)) I'd tone down the hope

1 hour ago, EvalovesEP said:

Both

? because you have a suitable beach nearby.

Spoiler

The next best thing here is a lake 3km away with a bit of sand.

*sigh*

For now, I can only rely on memories like ?

Spoiler

70513141-Duenen-und-Nordsee-Insel-Amrum-

What's on my mind?

I can not wait for the bitch who doxed me to get her karma. Bitch is 40 yrs old and can't stand that I've been in a happy and healthy relationship for 11 yrs, when she goes for guys who are FRESH out of high school/college. She's so vain, it's fucking ridiculous.

I can not WAIT for Shallon Lester to get hers. It's going to be fucking glorious!

On 8/9/2021 at 8:41 PM, Kendo 2 said:

Evidently the human trash hauled the dogs off to the river bottom and dumped them.  The owner of the there pecan grove there has reported  a pack of feral dogs killing anything that moves.  This is what happens when scumbags dump dogs bred and trained to hunt hogs.  How the fuck can a pit bull red cur mix survive without a human pack leader?  And from what I've seen of the property and what I know about how the dogs were treated they can't be rehabbed.  I'm sad but I'm more pissed than anything else.

Human trash indeed.

Thanks for the update on it.

And Animal control will still have to deal with the ferals, sounds like a bad area over there brother.

Here in the UK we used to have a "Dog licence" requirement, until they abolished it due to the number of people complaining about having to buy it.

Maybe it was not a bad idea after all, in situations like this.

17 hours ago, CyanBunnye said:

So If I was you (Am I you ?? Are we the same person pig ?? (whut)) I'd tone down the hope

Mini_Solaire.jpg.ea93194c27da358847a74f7260c80d2b.jpg...I am subtle.

As long as the gaming market doesn't turn into a total slot machine I'll stick to indie games till this fad blows over or burns down. I can wait. No we are not the same person after all (holds up butter knife) there can only be one. Now excuse me while I make a peanut butter jelly.

People have been talking about what is or is not ruining the gaming industry over the past few decades and how to stay true to one's artistic vision for long enough and have debated it vociferously enough that the fellows at the FEE decided to examine the topic through the lens of a modern comedy about the gaming industry itself. How well that slots into recurring lines of thought in this thread is what is on my mind as much as the content of the video itself. 

I watched the whole video but anybody with two brain cells could tell you any of this.

"Money makes a living." Duh

"Marketing a game for a small audience has a small return." Marketing 101

"Lesbian something something money-" Okay I stopped around the 17 minute mark but close enough. Come to think of it I met a girl who might have been gay. Wouldn't stop talking about weddings and shit. I told her I didn't care and shit. Weddings are after all the gayest shit ever.?People have their own paths to love I guess.

On 8/11/2021 at 8:18 AM, FauxFurry said:

People have been talking about what is or is not ruining the gaming industry over the past few decades and how to stay true to one's artistic vision for long enough and have debated it vociferously enough that the fellows at the FEE decided to examine the topic through the lens of a modern comedy about the gaming industry itself. How well that slots into recurring lines of thought in this thread is what is on my mind as much as the content of the video itself. 

It's too bad cause there's some actors I like in the casts and it could be interesting, but Apple. regardless if writers & directors and actors have nothing to do with them, ain't taking lessons from something produced by apple. As for game monetization used to hire programming team... yeah that's what would happen, in a perfect world. In reality it's used to hire cumbags like Kotick, and they themselves hire law / union busting firm. Okay that's overly simplified but yea

Wow started pulling Tokens & 25$ mounts, 60$ level boosts and all, yet they just rehashed the same old formula on new maps. Let's not forget it's subscription based too. And with all the pruning they did it was more a deprogramming team lol.

Rocket league was a b2p game with some lootboxes, and people with no passes could still get rewards by playing, then Epic bought them, made it free to play with not a single gesture toward people who bought it, and started pulling out blueprints for skins, cars, wheels, at indecent prices, it barely funded anything new in the game, no new physics, new cars have little to no hitbox variations, etc

Bethesda's 76 (do I need to say more), an expensive 60$, that treats its player like hamsters on a tread with the shop dangling "cosmetics only" carrotts, except it's not only cosmetics, and prenium services, and selling "servers", and what did that fund ? A pathetic buggy battle royale no one asked for, a half assed "wow introducing npcs and dialogs" expansion. Please.

Let's not even talk about ESO, where even access to guilds are monetized, again, in a b2p that sold a shit ton of copies and ESO+ subs. Heck even the inventory space is monetized...

Overwatch. Years after profiting from lootboxes, barely any new maps and heroes ? for a 60$ game that sold 50 million copies ?

There's a ton of examples out there of buy to play games completely abusing online shops and microtransactions. like EA and battlefront, Ubi (jesus) selling xp in single player games that already cost 80$ and are finished anyway so there's no content needing programmng to fund

Anyway, this titled me, tilts me even more when it's Apple behind it. Cause I could talk about how Logic pro , Pro Tools and other softs have been in the same state of decay with no relevant updates for decades now but they're reselling them every 3-5 years with a new coat of paint and the same exact crashes. And their ultra flimsy 80$ chargers. "Spilled some coffee on the z key? gotta change it all, 300$ please", and their "slick design" aluminum 90°c+ overheating garbage with cheap dirt chinese components & fans bound to die quick from temps. Screw apple. edit: oh forgot the plastic crap they sell at 1200$ every 2 years, crafted en masse by kids for a total production cost of like 2$ per unit..

Edited by Guest
4 hours ago, CyanBunnye said:

Ubi (jesus) selling xp in single player games that already cost 80$

I've played every Farcry and Assassin's Creed (currently playing Valhalla) and while they 'do' have a cash shop, I have never once considered spending on it. Almost everything really is cosmetics, or a cosmetic version of something equally good (weapons, etc.) already found in the game. Given they have a transmogrification feature having been added to the Assassin's Creed series recently, some may buy things just to transfer the looks to what they prefer to use.

Regardless, the concept of a XP level boost bothers me 0%. In Valhalla I'm constantly busy trying to clear areas 30-40 levels 'beneath' me before moving to the next higher 'leveled' area. I never had any issues with Origins or Odyssey either as I just played the game, did all the quests, and was always a high enough level to progress through the map without 'grinding' XP.

If someone wants to play only the main story in these games and skip as much content as possible, perhaps an XP boost is the only way for them? That's like setting up a date, driving by her house and then going home to jerk off. Whatever floats your boat :) 

>Of course the use of New Game Plus pretty much removes any concern for Character level once finished  and has to be one of the best features in games today.   Levels? Who cares?   Gear? Already crafted!   Skills? Already chosen . . . . 

My only real gripe with games lately is by the time one finishes leveling, gaining skills and 'proper' gear - the game is almost over.  Kinda like Doom used to be - Sure, the BFG is great, but you're almost finished with the game by the time you get it!

3 hours ago, landess said:

I've played every Farcry and Assassin's Creed (currently playing Valhalla) and while they 'do' have a cash shop, I have never once considered spending on it. Almost everything really is cosmetics, or a cosmetic version of something equally good (weapons, etc.) already found in the game. Given they have a transmogrification feature having been added to the Assassin's Creed series recently, some may buy things just to transfer the looks to what they prefer to use.

Regardless, the concept of a XP level boost bothers me 0%. In Valhalla I'm constantly busy trying to clear areas 30-40 levels 'beneath' me before moving to the next higher 'leveled' area. I never had any issues with Origins or Odyssey either as I just played the game, did all the quests, and was always a high enough level to progress through the map without 'grinding' XP.

If someone wants to play only the main story in these games and skip as much content as possible, perhaps an XP boost is the only way for them? That's like setting up a date, driving by her house and then going home to jerk off. Whatever floats your boat :) 

>Of course the use of New Game Plus pretty much removes any concern for Character level once finished  and has to be one of the best features in games today.   Levels? Who cares?   Gear? Already crafted!   Skills? Already chosen . . . . 

My only real gripe with games lately is by the time one finishes leveling, gaining skills and 'proper' gear - the game is almost over.  Kinda like Doom used to be - Sure, the BFG is great, but you're almost finished with the game by the time you get it!

My biggest problems with the recent Assassin's Creed games have been the Politically Correct history which does not merely ding any sense of historical accuracy which the developers are aiming for, it takes away potential satisfaction at playing a member of a group looked down upon by another and proving their biases wrong by pretending that everyone was always seen as equals in all ways at all times in all places unless a member of a group who the developers wish to demonize in the present are represented in the narrative in which case, they are the only oppressor group even in instances when their people were actually the victims.

I quit playing AC Odyssey out of annoyance as a result of this (well, that and enemy level scaling which just makes leveling up feel pointless).

That could have been avoided by moving away from the historical fiction conceit and into pure speculative fiction but they threw that opportunity away in AC 3.

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

(well, that and enemy level scaling which just makes leveling up feel pointless)

It helps to focus what story they have by having the player move to specific areas in a loose sequence until their level/power has met the highest requirement. I don't want to 1shot/1hit 'gray' (no xp from MMO days) enemies. 2 levels below is 'okay' but 1 or same would be fine with me.

This is why I like the New Game Plus as everything the game made you do or go outside the story can now be ignored and it's a breath of fresh air. 

> Politics? I don't give it much thought as I run around these personal Holodeck experiences. AC: Rogue allowed the player to kill civilians without consequence or annoying reminders that the Creed didn't kill innocents. While I never became a serial killer, those couple accidental 'murders' without being scolded was a nice change. An amusement park that fails to amuse should be avoided.