What's on your mind?

URL:BlacklistĀ - appears to be a censoring tool whereas the entire group of big tech / browsers / search engines / anti-virus all agree NOT to let you visit a site with this warning. While I 'appreciate' their concern, if my anti-virus knows about the site/list, then they must also have the ability to isolate the malware/virus/whatever. Allowing me the freedom to do what I want at my own risk as has been the case in the past and even now when I stumble upon a site with some bad juju seems to be taken from me for certain sites.

Ā 

To be specific - the particular site in question streams movies and is located in another country - beyond the laws of the US. I can easily see this as a way to control my ability to use the site without it actually being harmful in anyway. If they would just say the "Blah Blah has formed an agreement with Blah blah and is enforcing said Blah blah law to block US IP's from accessing this site" Then I could understand.

Ā 

Since this 'blacklist' thing seems to be a list and not an actually warning to the specifics of the reason - PLUS - it is used by most everything which allowsĀ one to use the internet, I got a 'funny' feeling about the whole thing as a way to control what we see and where we go - in other words: CENSORSHIP

Ā 

Now I've not had the desire to use a VPN, but if they can bypass this shitĀ then I may be forced to 'pay' to have the freedom to access the web without interference.

14 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

That's the point; make LL the gamer version of Twitter and Facebook.

LOL... :)Ā Ā 
However, I can see your point. Facebook does seem to be a bit directionless with their moderation. I know people have had "facebook jail" for posting things that didn't seem bad.

13 hours ago, Visio Diaboli said:

Actually, if I had a nickel for every time I accidentally voiced a political opinion, I would have zero nickels. This isn't a difficult line to avoid crossing if you use any amount of discretion.

Not possible. In an adult world... you have a discussion about anything really interesting like current events you will end up being on one side or the other of that subject. Based on what is being shown to be the rules... you are political and you are in risk of violating the rules.Ā  We aren't children. Meaningful discussions can and will get messy.

12 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

*downloads the next rape mod*

Exactly.Ā  We can have extreme adult content mods but can't discuss daily events in fear that we will offend someone or it will become political.Ā 

11 hours ago, landess said:

I'm a bit surprised at the pettiness surrounding what members want vs disrespecting the house Ashal built.....

Ā 

If I have a rule saying I don't want guests wearing pink socks and they come into my house wearing pink socks - they can take them off, or get the fuck out. My house - my rules.

Pinks socks aren't the problem here. That is clear, concise and direct to the point.Ā  The current enforcement of the no politics rule is .more akin to ... any color other than white might not be acceptable ...Ā  Not talking about the election, Trump, Biden or Covid relief legislation is clear (Pink Socks) not having a discussion of wearing or not wearing a face mask isn't.. (any color )

5 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Pinks socks aren't the problem here. That is clear, concise and direct to the point.Ā  The current enforcement of the no politics rule is .more akin to ... any color other than white might not be acceptable ...Ā  Not talking about the election, Trump, Biden or Covid relief legislation is clear (Pink Socks) not having a discussion of wearing or not wearing a face mask isn't.. (any color )

I understand what you're getting at - IF that is REALLY the case then 2 things:

Ā 

1)If ONE doesn't think it's political - then by all means post it - you'll find out soon enough if your socks are pink because one chooses to be color blind.

Ā 

2)Some are already bitchin' and stompin' their feet like children not getting their way - because they KNOW what they want to say IS political and have been called out.

Ā 

I don't believe in name and shame - adults know who they are and this isn't Twitter.

22 minutes ago, landess said:

I understand what you're getting at - IF that is REALLY the case then 2 things:

Ā 

1)If ONE doesn't think it's political - then by all means post it - you'll find out soon enough if your socks are pink because one chooses to be color blind.

Ā 

2)Some are already bitchin' and stompin' their feet like children not getting their way - because they KNOW what they want to say IS political and have been called out.

Ā 

I don't believe in name and shame - adults know who they are and this isn't Twitter.

1. people aren't intentionally color blind.Ā  The issue isn't intentional. You don't understand me. The issue is one can make a mistake. Waiting until some moderator comes in and swings his hammer or delete pages of post isn't the time to learn you were on the wrong path. Why post or be active if your comments are just going to be removed .. IN MASS. at some later date?

Ā 

2. Those that intentionally wanting to stir trouble by posting politics deserve what they get. However, site wise and moderator wise, having a clear concise rule / line will aid in this as well. AS those that are clearly over the line can be addressed more severely as it is clear and understood. For example if I posted an advertisement for another site Attacked a mod author repeatedly and severely. This can be understood.

Ā 

This isn't Twitter. It is an adult site with presumably adults present. Adult should be capable of handing a bit of rejection of their favored agenda.. it is the nature of being adult. Man or woman up and deal with it. There are rape and bestiality mods on this site for christ sakes. But.. heaven forbid someone slights an SJW concept? Goes against someone's sensitivities indirectly? Seriously? This is what this site has come to?Ā  Wasn't like this many years ago when it attracted some of the best modders on the net. Many from Nexus which was also starting to do the very same thing LL is currently doing.

Ā 

I don't have a problem with the rule of politics not being on the site. I have a problem with the broadness of how it is interpreted. I just want to be clear.Ā  A simple conversation of a new game can devolve into "politics'Ā  based on the current interpretation of the rule.Ā  That is the problem.

Ā 

I have already started moving some of my work off onto Google and likely other sites (in the near future) as I am tired of being worried I might "offend" or get my comments removed in mass just because it was offensive to someone even after taking great care on how I post / comment in 99.99 % of my post now. The works that I have been babysitting and watching over will likely be offered up for someone else to care for in the near future as well. This site isn't the site that I came to and loved in 2012. It has greatly changed in the past few years and if continues I don't see myself being as active here as I once was. There are other "sites" and avenues to have the same discussions where one doesn't have to worry about being deleted/ censored and yelled at for an comment that was put up innocently.

Ā 

@landess if with the above you can't see my concern.. then feel free to label me as color blind.Ā  If I am, so be it. All the more reason to be considerate and understanding and work with someone that for all intents and purposes is trying to be a good and helpful member.Ā  Over 10,000 post. many offering support. Several tutorials to aid in the confusing process of a new person setting up their game.Ā  Unlike many chiming off here about this subject. I have contributed greatly to this site. I have put in my sweat and tears to help it be successful. Encouraged many newer members which went on and developed some of the very popular mods today.Ā  Encouraged those mod authors that were frustrated with what was going on and tested many mods for them as well so that it can be the best that it can be forgoing my gaming time.

Ā 

Ā 

6 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

I have a problem with the broadness of how it is interpreted. I just want to be clear.Ā 

I'm not much for sugar coating stuff, and I don't believe for a second people don't know what they're doing or saying.

Ā 

I've read enough EULA's because someone thought it was important to clear and concise - So I ask, does this site really need a multipage document written by a lawyerĀ so no one gets butthurt?Ā :)Ā 

Ā 

>BTW RC, I post for all to see, and am not being specific towards you simply because I may quote something you or anyone else might of said . Think of it as speaking loudly in a room so others might hear.... I get you're proud of your 10K+ posts -Ā that takes commitment but I don't throw up the fact I support the site if I feel the need to validate myself. We all have an equal voice here, and some act as if they are more equal than others if you get my drift.

1 hour ago, landess said:

I'm not much for sugar coating stuff, and I don't believe for a second people don't know what they're doing or saying.

Ā 

I've read enough EULA's because someone thought it was important to clear and concise - So I ask, does this site really need a multipage document written by a lawyerĀ so no one gets butthurt?Ā :)Ā 

Ā 

>BTW RC, I post for all to see, and am not being specific towards you simply because I may quote something you or anyone else might of said . Think of it as speaking loudly in a room so others might hear.... I get you're proud of your 10K+ posts -Ā that takes commitment but I don't throw up the fact I support the site if I feel the need to validate myself. We all have an equal voice here, and some act as if they are more equal than others if you get my drift.

People can make mistakes in the heat of discussion on the current state of the rule.Ā  I am sure when DrSax came in swinging his hammer people were confused. Maybe it is me. Maybe I don't understand.

Ā 

You don't need mulitipage rules. A site I moderate for has a couple of rules. We follow those rules. No problems have occurred that we couldn't handle. We don't streach the rules to suit our thoughts we keep it clear and simple and deal with the rest as needed. Also this wasn't a problem many years ago when I started. It is only recently getting to be a problem for the site. Why now?

Ā 

yes, I know you are posting for all to see. If you weren't you'd be posting in a PM.. (or I'd hope)

Ā 

As for my history and post etc ... it was to show how much I have put into this site. Not to brag. It was to help show for those that might not know, how much I have tried to help this site. how my comments is coming from a place where I want the site to do well. Nothing more.Ā  There are people with many more post. There are people which worked on entire frameworks and list of mods the length of my arm. They have given way more than I ever can. there are others like yourself that have contributed support to the site. All valuable to this site. All important. The reason I am posting these extra comments when I usually have just left. We (the above individuals) have shown a desire to make this site as great as it can be.Ā  However, the changes occurring are driving many away. Not just those that come for a mod and a quick post a couple of times a year. Major players are moving away from this site. People I know are more active elsewhere now. The other site I moderate has hadĀ  some new members due to the recent interpretations of the rules.Ā  I am posting because I don't want this site to become like adult Nexus where people come and get their mods and a select few protected individuals are active. This isn't healthy for growth and variety in mods.

Ā 

Anyway. I have posted what I wanted to. Tried to clarify it to the best of my ability... My comments is the Unpopular one so people will pile on and give hate. I am good with that. If someone has a need for clarification of my points.. feel free to PM me. I am not coming back to this thread .. at least not for this subject.Ā  Likely @DoctaSax or @gregathit will schedule one of their thread cleaning sessions shortly anyway and all this will disappear.Ā  That or lock the thread as they have in the past.

I laugh at angry people. I should not laugh at angry people but it is fun to laugh at angry people. It is sad that laughing at angry people makes them more angry. So instead I will try to help out those angry people instead. As a gift and a way of saying I'm sorry here is a picture of a swimsuit model.

Mankini.jpg.bda7fc9307672f7776ff36896db4e096.jpg

On 11/17/2020 at 11:11 PM, RitualClarity said:

This site isn't the site that I came to and loved in 2012. It has greatly changed in the past few years and if continues I don't see myself being as active here as I once was. There are other "sites" and avenues to have the same discussions where one doesn't have to worry about being deleted/ censored and yelled at for an comment that was put up innocently.

Ā 

Ā 

It also isn't the same site as 2011, when I joined. I don't know how many people are still active here from the earliest days but LL was created due to a change in leadership over at the (now almost deserted) wolflore forums which IIRC came with a rule change to no longer allow non-consensual content. Needless to say, many of the xLovers mods for Oblivion didn't make the cut. There was a short exodus to hongfire until Ashal put LL online. In the early days, LL was like the wild west. Heck, you could even download pirated games here and nobody gave a shit about permissions and such since most of the work done here consisted of simply translating the japanese xLovers mods without any sort of communication with the original modders which was next to impossible because it originated from anonymous modders anyway. And this is what gave LL the bad rep of being a 'thieves den' because frankly, that was exactly what we were - but a very chill one.

Ā 

LL however, was not a soapbox to preach about how shit the nexus was but a LOT of people that were banned over at the nexus migrated over here and brought their weird hatred for the nexus with them. Now, don't get me wrong - I personally dislike the nexus, power tripping moderators, them playing favorites with certain modders, etc. but to be so emotionally invested in what is an idealized file hoster for most was pretty alienating. The nexus haters were an invading species but pretended to own the place. My understanding at least was that the original members (I consider myself to be one) harbored no particular animosity towards the nexus or even wolflore. However, it's very common for ideologues to be extremely persistent and to have a lot of free time on their hands, which is why especially online discussions get dominated by a few but very eager individuals drowning out everyone else by sheer quantity of output. Obviously, most people don't want that to happen especially if the original purpose of whatever platform was an entirely different one. LL was about sex mods first and foremost. Now it's mostly a shilling platform for patreon accounts and discord channels.

Ā 

There was an effort to try to quarantine political discussions in a subforum but it didn't work because a lot of the people couldn't contain their energy in that forum, it spilled over. Being an ideologue often goes hand in hand with being evangelical (secular meaning) in nature so it follows that those people want to preach everywhere, especially where it's not appropiate. It's the forbidden fruit, they can't resist. Hence, the ban and there's still people that absolutely NEED to post about it here for whatever reason.

Ā 

I'm with you that simply deleting posts without commentary is a pretty bad idea, though.

Welp, I feel completely lost reading the "are we having fun yet" thread an this, and other stuffs I read elsewhere like "SJW infestation". I'm very curious and it's frustrating. So if you don't mind i'm just gonna *djiu-pop* enjoy this whiskey and *crunch* steal a macaron and *flflfl* get naked and *tun tin! fwiiuuu* watch this episode of the Mandalorian after *krtkrktkrtkrt* typing this message that leads to absolutely nowhere

3 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

It also isn't the same site as 2011, when I joined. I don't know how many people are still active here from the earliest days but LL was created due to a change in leadership over at the (now almost deserted) wolflore forums which IIRC came with a rule change to no longer allow non-consensual content. Needless to say, many of the xLovers mods for Oblivion didn't make the cut. There was a short exodus to hongfire until Ashal put LL online. In the early days, LL was like the wild west. Heck, you could even download pirated games here and nobody gave a shit about permissions and such since most of the work done here consisted of simply translating the japanese xLovers mods without any sort of communication with the original modders which was next to impossible because it originated from anonymous modders anyway. And this is what gave LL the bad rep of being a 'thieves den' because frankly, that was exactly what we were - but a very chill one.

Ā 

LL however, was not a soapbox to preach about how shit the nexus was but a LOT of people that were banned over at the nexus migrated over here and brought their weird hatred for the nexus with them. Now, don't get me wrong - I personally dislike the nexus, power tripping moderators, them playing favorites with certain modders, etc. but to be so emotionally invested in what is an idealized file hoster for most was pretty alienating. The nexus haters were an invading species but pretended to own the place. My understanding at least was that the original members (I consider myself to be one) harbored no particular animosity towards the nexus or even wolflore. However, it's very common for ideologues to be extremely persistent and to have a lot of free time on their hands, which is why especially online discussions get dominated by a few but very eager individuals drowning out everyone else by sheer quantity of output. Obviously, most people don't want that to happen especially if the original purpose of whatever platform was an entirely different one. LL was about sex mods first and foremost. Now it's mostly a shilling platform for patreon accounts and discord channels.

Ā 

There was an effort to try to quarantine political discussions in a subforum but it didn't work because a lot of the people couldn't contain their energy in that forum, it spilled over. Being an ideologue often goes hand in hand with being evangelical (secular meaning) in nature so it follows that those people want to preach everywhere, especially where it's not appropiate. It's the forbidden fruit, they can't resist. Hence, the ban and there's still people that absolutely NEED to post about it here for whatever reason.

Ā 

I'm with you that simply deleting posts without commentary is a pretty bad idea, though.

Well.. I know the history.. My "current" avatar was from 2012 ;)Ā  I've kicked around modding forums in one form or another for a very long time.Ā  (Never on wolflore/hongfire though. Missed that for some reason. Don't remember why currently. ) As in the past... things change until I just lose interest and desire and move on. As for Patron and other forms like that. I have made it clear that I am not a fan of it however, it is the rule of today much like Cathedral modding was the desire of yesterday. I favor that method more than today, reason anything I have put on line be it tutorial or whatever, is free to use with mention/credit.Ā  So much less messy when something comes along in RL that takes you away from some project or work.Ā  the efforts you did can live on in various forms benefiting the entire community. Sad thing is ... most sites now are just that. Sites. not communities. This is becoming more and more pervasive. Any "community" that forms is fleeting and soon fades. Communities lasted longer and was more welcoming and open to working on projects and such IMO in the early Morrowind/Oblivion days as opposed to today.. again just my opinion.

Ā 

I am glad at least that you believe that the deleting of post without commentary is a bad idea.Ā 

On 11/16/2020 at 4:49 AM, Psalam said:

I'm no moderator (because I think they're overworked and underpaid, among other things) but I understand the absolute ban on religious and political speech on LL. I have had a number of threads I've started get hijacked and the result was anything but pleasant and/or enlightening.

Ā 

As far as a "let me just get this off my chest" thread is concerned, how the hell would you moderate such a thing. "Dewey is a New York scumbag, man I feel better." "TrumanĀ is a would-be tin pot dictator with illusions of godhood." Now, place your favorite current politicians names in those quotes and ask yourself, "how would I react?" My guess is badly and this sort of thing is best avoided here. I am certain that there are sites that would welcome this sort of thing. Maybe start a thread with links to places where this sort of speech is not just welcome but encouraged? That sounds like a workable compromise.

You can be mad or upset about a political situation without ramming your hand into pants and moaning at the top of your lungs about your politics like Kendo does.

Ā 

Context is king.

"So what the fuck are we allowed to talk about?"

tim pool's new hover plant, i kind of want one....but i don't have a good spot to keep it.

Ā 

also dragon porn, the world needs more dragon porn.

Ā 

and i need to make nanaimo bars for christmas.

7 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

"So what the fuck are we allowed to talk about?"

tim pool's new hover plant, i kind of want one....but i don't have a good spot to keep it.

Ā 

also dragon porn, the world needs more dragon porn.

Ā 

and i need to make nanaimo bars for christmas.

I'll tell you one thing.. you don't want to take off the beanie. :P

Ā 

Ā 

11 minutes ago, legendarytoyou said:

Also why did he get mad for?Ā  I would have laughed it off and told him, "so you finally seen my shiny head...are you aroused now?"Ā ?

Lots of menĀ are really uncomfortable and insecure about their baldness, not everybody comes to accept and embrace it. That's why Tim wears his beanie on a constant basis in the first place, he probably can't stand the sight of of his head being seen.

38 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

I'll tell you one thing.. you don't want to take off the beanie. :P

Ā 

Ā 

Poor guy should just embrace the bald and shave it all.

Ā 

Also found out my male siblings are all dealing with hair loss... and I'm sitting here in desperate need of a haircut... genetics, eh.Ā ?

19 minutes ago, Mr. Otaku said:

Lots of menĀ are really uncomfortable and insecure about their baldness, not everybody comes to accept and embrace it. That's why Tim wears his beanie on a constant basis in the first place, he probably can't stand the sight of of his head being seen.

Lol...wow.Ā  I've openly embraced it.Ā  Even some women tell me I look sexy and I've been told, "You're a manly kind of man aren't you?Ā  I'm guessing you're a spitter."Ā  That was spot on; I'm surging with so much testosterone I think that calling me, "a toxic male," is considered flattery in my book.Ā  Hence I have NO HAIR ON MY HEAD AT ALL..Ā  Shit I even shave my head.?.

Ā 

Only one problem; I had open heart surgery in 2016 so when I take a shower and step out I look like a freshly circumcized dick.Ā ?Ā