What's on your mind?

On 12/1/2020 at 2:54 PM, FauxFurry said:

I have to wonder how many people think that doctors are not ever in anyone's pocket anymore or why they believe such a thing. They will believe that laws that have long ago been repealed are still in effect but they think that human nature or the laws of reality itself have been re-written in the span of 5 decades or so.

Literally same doctors peddling this were the first wave of climate change deniers, despite the fact they were completely unqualified to speak in the field. Also Same doctors touting "fat free" food; you know the stuff causing rampant diabetes.

Watching a video on the Star Trek Discovery train wreck - I saw a reference in the comments to Orion women 'being attractive' supposedly. This caused me to do a little research.

Star Trek: The Cage was the first Trek show and introduced the Orion Race to the public. For those not in the know - Orion Women tend to be beautiful and exude something akin to pheromones. This show was released in 1965.

In 1966 DC comics introduced a new character: Poison Ivy - Coincidence?

I just realized that every years, I travel around this period so I don't have to be an existing member of my family and participate in their annual batshitshow.

Fuck.

12 minutes ago, CyanBunnye said:

I just realized that every years, I travel around this period so I don't have to be an existing member of my family and participate in their annual batshitshow.

Fuck.

Just do what I would do... pretend I may have covid ?

3 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

How can you be sure if said mind is not present for close inspection? It could just be leaves if part of it was lost outdoors or dust if it was lost indoors. 

Computers are not meant to last more than three to five years yet here my mind remains. I am as certain that my mind is going just as certain as aliens are going to probe my butt.

On 12/11/2020 at 8:24 PM, Darkpig said:

Computers are not meant to last more than three to five years

I find computer 'lifetimes' are getting longer as technology increases begin to slow. This is also reflected in the games arena - in the past games series and studio releases were hectic to say the least, while lately many spend huge amounts of time to release the next game if trying to incorporate technical advances. Those that do not, appear to remain on schedule with close to annual releases or the more recent focus on console ports which any gaming PC can easily handle.

Example, If you had to upgrade to play 'Assassin's Creed Origins', that system is capable of maxing anything else being released up to this point. In the 'olden days' this wouldn't have been the case as things were moving pretty fast.

I'm sure most are familiar with the term "Moore's Law".....

https://www.barrons.com/articles/moores-law-is-ending-heres-what-that-means-for-investors-and-the-economy-51605297625

22 minutes ago, landess said:

I find computer 'lifetimes' are getting longer as technology increases begin to slow. This is also reflected in the games arena - in the past games series and studio releases were hectic to say the least, while lately many spend huge amounts of time to release the next game if trying to incorporate technical advances. Those that do not, appear to remain on schedule with close to annual releases or the more recent focus on console ports which any gaming PC can easily handle.

Example, If you had to upgrade to play 'Assassin's Creed Origins', that system is capable of maxing anything else being released up to this point. In the 'olden days' this wouldn't have been the case as things were moving pretty fast.

I'm sure most are familiar with the term "Moore's Law".....

https://www.barrons.com/articles/moores-law-is-ending-heres-what-that-means-for-investors-and-the-economy-51605297625

Yeah that was my bad. I did a quick look up on how long computers last and that was the answer I got. I never took into account the inability to update a system.

A well kept computer could probably last 10 years by my guesstimation but guesstimations don't really cut it as far as data is concerned. I doubt most computers could last 50 years of wear and tear and still be the same. Hence losing my mind. Oh well~

1 hour ago, Darkpig said:

Yeah that was my bad. I did a quick look up on how long computers last and that was the answer I got. I never took into account the inability to update a system.

A well kept computer could probably last 10 years by my guesstimation but guesstimations don't really cut it as far as data is concerned. I doubt most computers could last 50 years of wear and tear and still be the same. Hence losing my mind. Oh well~

If you can't find your mind, you can try to make up a new one. It might be even more fun than building a custom Personal Computer. 

8 hours ago, OhYeah!Yeah said:

I want an online friend who can get me off by just words. no pictures, no videos, no too dirty use of language. is that possible?

If you want an online friend to get you off of a ledge just by using words alone, you can always count on these fine folks.

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

If you didn't mean it that way, then the adjustment should be made on your end. Anything can get one off with the right attitude. 

The simultaneously belated and premature release of CyberPunk 2077 reminded me of something that I said off-hand about the cyber punk genre, not only how if we are lucky, we would at least get the tech that is featured in the more dystopian stories to off-set the negatives of said dystopia should it come to pass though most often the dystopic condition come to pass but the tools which could help to mitigate it are not forthcoming (perhaps by design) but that many of those dystopia are, if anything, too cheery and optimistic compared to what is more probable to await everyone in such scenarios. 

If it is so much trouble for some people to get back their money from a foreign entertainment company paid for a game set in a high tech Hell Scape, they might not stand the best chance to reclaim their freedoms from a corporation located right inside of their own country which controls 'essential' services.

That is not to say that it is impossible. It would just be messy to do so and the methods would be very uncivilized. More Stone Age than (Cyber)Space Age, that is for sure. Going Medieval would entail far too much Chivalry and politicking. 

Transforming a shed into a house has been both fun and frustrating at the same time. It's by no means a cheap weekend project, but it's better than renting an apartment or moving back home. My other option would've been to get an RV/Camper and convert that into a house.