Site Update: Things have changed, but nothing is final.

5 hours ago, Ashal said:

Quick heads up, I'm testing some new features in the downloads section. Currently this is only enabled in the Skryim LE and SE categories. And if it goes well and the feedback is good, I'll start enabling it on the other categories as well. Interested in whatever feedback people have on these additions.

Only Skyrim... *BRZZZ*  Not only Fallout, but Oblivion too.

5 hours ago, Ashal said:

Questions Tab: Users can ask a question on a file by clicking the Questions tab. Other users can then respond and answer those questions. This generates a sort of FAQ for the download.

• If preferred, I can switch it so only the file owner can answer questions.
  • This can be disabled by the file owner by going to File Actions > Edit Details > Disable Questions

I guess the 'Answers' section is okay, though it seems more optional as the Download page includes a 'Get Support' button.  And I'm glad it IS considered 'Optional', as some posters may wish to only view one and not need to go back and forth between both "Answers" and "Support".

Query:  Will further advances allow the update of Screenshots as a separate entity?  As of now, updating screenshots demands the use of the 'Update New Version' option.

Edited by LongDukDong
On 9/6/2021 at 12:38 AM, LongDukDong said:

Query:  Will further advances allow the update of Screenshots as a separate entity?  As of now, updating screenshots demands the use of the 'Update New Version' option.

I second this. I'm also wondering if I'm adding pictures  the hard way when I want to add a new "latest version of the mod"-picture, or maybe it is the only way? Seems like new pictures are added last in the gallary. Perhaps mods that adds lots of things are a special case here.

Also, how many pictures can we add, and will the amount of MBs matter in any way? Maybe I should host pics in a third site instead ?

1 hour ago, Surverx said:

That we currently do not see the "other downloads" for a modder at the button of the mod pages is (hopefuly) due to temporary problems?

... or do i missed something?

?

Things appear to have been moved. On the profile page there is now a new tab entitled "Files". So, if you were on the modpage for Some Consensual Sex (one of my mods) my other mods are not at the bottom of the page. However, if you're interested in my other mods click on my avatar to go to my profile and next to "Activity", "Clubs" and "Blogs" is a tab entitled "Files". Hit the tab and you can scroll through all my files.

26 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Things appear to have been moved. On the profile page there is now a new tab entitled "Files". So, if you were on the modpage for Some Consensual Sex (one of my mods) my other mods are not at the bottom of the page. However, if you're interested in my other mods click on my avatar to go to my profile and next to "Activity", "Clubs" and "Blogs" is a tab entitled "Files". Hit the tab and you can scroll through all my files.

Ah, i see.

But i think for the regular LL user it was more ituitive to see your other mods just at the button...

We will see. Thanks for the info!

3 hours ago, Surverx said:

That we currently do not see the "other downloads" for a modder at the button of the mod pages is (hopefuly) due to temporary problems?

... or do i missed something?

?

Removing it was accidental when I disabled the new stuff I mentioned.

It's fixed now.

6 minutes ago, Ashal said:

Removing it was accidental when I disabled the new stuff I mentioned.

It's fixed now.

Ooh, thank you very much for your great work!

... just to mention: some days before i saw ALL my mods at the button, now i again see only 15.

I can live with that, but i liked it more when i could see them all ?

Again thanks a lot.

image.pngGo over the 1.3K. You will se the "exact" number of posts (it is not really exact for ...reasons...) But if you have 1.3k then the actual number will be between 1349 and 1250, so it is rounded up at the next 50 posts.

Suggestion for search function..  When you go to search you don't get an initial option to search for an exact phrase, only for any of the words (default) or all of the words (perhaps should be the default).  Once you do search there is a little section that says - Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching for: - and it will include the phrase in quotes, but iit woul be nice to have that as an initial drop down under "find results that contain" esp. because the site won't let you search again for about ten seconds.

10 hours ago, axz2 said:

Suggestion for search function..  When you go to search you don't get an initial option to search for an exact phrase, only for any of the words (default) or all of the words (perhaps should be the default).  Once you do search there is a little section that says - Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching for: - and it will include the phrase in quotes, but iit woul be nice to have that as an initial drop down under "find results that contain" esp. because the site won't let you search again for about ten seconds.

Not to take anything away from your suggestion (I'm big into the Search function), if you simply put quotes on your words at the beginning you will get a more precise search. Let me give an example. In this example I have also chosen files and titles only from the dropdown to keep from finding hundreds of results. If you don't do that your result can be ridiculous. Anyway, if you type in "paradise halls" with quotes you get 9 results, without the quotes you get 15 (as of the date and time I'm posting). So, in lieu of that option appearing in the search engine, try using the quotes in the search box.

5 hours ago, Psalam said:

So, in lieu of that option appearing in the search engine, try using the quotes in the search box.

I tried that before I made my comment and it didn't work.  Just tried the same exact search you mentioned "paradise halls" and it it did.  Both for a search for the whole site, and for this forum (which only found your post).    I might experiment more on that to see if it works for different searches in particular longer searches. 

9 hours ago, Morwyn said:

Can't login with my main, it's now asking for an EMAIL address for the login. It used to just be username? Is this a known issue?

Yes. Several pages back @Ashal recommended that you PM him (or contact him on Discord) and he will help you restore your original account.

9 hours ago, Morwyn said:

Can't login with my main, it's now asking for an EMAIL address for the login. It used to just be username? Is this a known issue?

Yes, login is now using email addresses.

If you do not remember it, do like Psalam said, PM Ashal here or on discord. And be sure you can provide some info to associate you with your previous user.

I notice that Lover's Lab puts a very large number of cookies on your PC.  Periodically I get an error where it can display any page on the site because the cookie count is too high, then I have to go an clear them all out and log in again.  When I just did so now there were over 300 cookies from this site.  Is there any way this could be fixed.  I could see one cookie for your log in.  Maybe a couple more for some other data but the site shouldn't spam cookies.

On 9/19/2021 at 11:41 AM, axz2 said:

I notice that Lover's Lab puts a very large number of cookies on your PC.  Periodically I get an error where it can display any page on the site because the cookie count is too high, then I have to go an clear them all out and log in again.  When I just did so now there were over 300 cookies from this site.  Is there any way this could be fixed.  I could see one cookie for your log in.  Maybe a couple more for some other data but the site shouldn't spam cookies.

Screenshot_20210920-144042.png