Site Update: Things have changed, but nothing is final.

oh boboy.. arrogant reply right off the bat
things sure didn't change around here
i guess my bad for missing such an important "small quoted" message that should of been updated onto the 1st post
instead of forcing me to read the entire support history which apparently i did not do
anyhow..

there is sadly no way i could remember the ip i had 3-4 months ago when i last was able to log in
i might have a static ip since past year..
but due to power outages this summer alone it easily changed ip 5+ times..
and well beforehand i always used daily changing dynamic ip's
there is absolutely no way for me to use ip has proof
and to be honest.. really.. ip.. is a very unsafe verification
when anyone anywhere at anytime can fetch my ip probably faster then my own boomer self
hell i do not even know what ip im using right now yet im sure a good dozen people knows it
all i can give is
examples of what email username and webmails i might of used
or better yet..
in my profile i added my discord link which is simply a redirect i did for easyer/cleaner sharing then the discord link
which most likely is the actual url i used has a webmail to start with..
otherwise it has to be @nekomods or @kawaiimods
which maybe you could send me a html verification or tell me specific text i can add to any page
or ya..
simply the 1st letter of the email username i used would literally be all i need to be able to put things together
since like i stated in the other post i normally always use the same dozen username alternative on all webmails
but in rare cases where i feel like something deserves or will mostly require its own webmail
well.. i uncreatively invent bonus usernames for them
that i never used since nor will reuse later
which ironically due to my absolute lack of creativity,
should be similar enough to anything else i normally use
which would be enough for me to have a brain fart and eventually remember the rest
so if ip is all that is deemed necessary to prove ownership..
then, i fail to see what kind of damage a hacker could do with a single letter without even knowing what platform was used has a mail server nor would he know my password which i do
if not well.. only thing left i could think of
if luckily the work i uploaded on mediafire before stopping to use it would still be on there
and for the most part of them 
the date there should be prior to when i actually released them on this website and/or anywhere else
or heck maybe one of my first mods posted here are actually still redirecting to my old mediafire links

otherwise.. i really hope you have other options
because remembering an ip from months ago that i probably never even looked at before it got switched
is.. simply impossible for me

20 minutes ago, Buridan said:

Has anyone else had random emojis break recently? Like in this comment from a few weeks ago I'm... 90% sure that question mark at the end used to be a cheeky face of some sort.

Yes, most (all?) my posted emojis are replaced by "?" after last LL update.

The placeholder for the emoji is still there, it just doesn't update.

Newly posted emojis work fine tho.

8 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Yes, most (all?) my posted emojis are replaced by "?" after last LL update.

The placeholder for the emoji is still there, it just doesn't update.

? I have "some" emojis  broken. But only in existing posts.

The menu in the edit window and new posts seem to be fine

Just today i tried to log in with my username but that didnt work. I had to reset my password to actually get in now i am not sure but it seems that... well in sign in options where you usually writed username there was no @ sign detected when i writed it then i know my password was correct.  Am i right to presume that now you need to log in with your email ? and if that is the case do we have somewhere option to update it ? i changed my password by the way more than 8 letters so maybe password lenght needed was also updated. 

This is just what i experienced,,, i cant say for sure if there were changes in log in process or something from my computer side since i live in europe. 

Quick heads up, I'm testing some new features in the downloads section. Currently this is only enabled in the Skryim LE and SE categories. And if it goes well and the feedback is good, I'll start enabling it on the other categories as well. Interested in whatever feedback people have on these additions.

Changes:

• For files you manage, File Actions has been moved to the top of the page instead of the bottom.
  • The Changelog has been moved from the bottom to a separate tab on the download page.

New Additions:

• Questions Tab: Users can ask a question on a file by clicking the Questions tab. Other users can then respond and answer those questions. This generates a sort of FAQ for the download.
    • If preferred, I can switch it so only the file owner can answer questions.
    • This can be disabled by the file owner by going to File Actions > Edit Details > Disable Questions
  • Support Tab: Users can submit bug reports / support requests from the Support tab.
    • File owner can manage and flag the status of each.
    • This can be disabled by the file owner by going to File Actions > Edit Details > Disable Support
  • Tutorials Tab: From the files tab the file owner can create separate "pages" that are linked to for other users that can contain whatever information the author wishes to provide, such as tutorials, documentation, or whatever.
5 minutes ago, Ashal said:

New Additions:

So, if I have this right you've basically split the Support Thread into three. Questions is where someone can come and ask "how do I do this with this mod?" Support is for bug reports and requests for patches to work with other mods. Tutorials can replace a lot of what's now found on the modpage explaining the use of the mod.

If that's correct it sounds awesome. It will certainly make looking for answers on your own a lot easier.

41 minutes ago, Psalam said:

If that's correct it sounds awesome. It will certainly make looking for answers on your own a lot easier.

:classic_laugh:IF we can somehow manage where the questions will be placed.

So far, I am not overly optimistic that they will be placed where they should be :classic_angel:

But human failures aside, I think this is a good idea :classic_smile:

@Ashal Question: how about the "follow" feature? Right now, I have to follow the file and the support thread independently. How will that be handled in the future?

Edited by worik
typo
38 minutes ago, Ashal said:

Questions Tab: Users can ask a question on a file by clicking the Questions tab. Other users can then respond and answer those questions. This generates a sort of FAQ for the download.

• This can be disabled by the file owner by going to File Actions > Edit Details > Disable Questions

Just tested:

Oops!

Something went wrong. Please try again.

:classic_sad:

Tested it here: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/7960-triss-merigold-voiced-follower-patch/?tab=questions

8 minutes ago, T-lam said:

You asked yourself a question , maybe the question knew the answer before, what caused a loop ? ?

:scream: I did accidently step into the lineage of Dr. Tolian Soran and summoned the Nexus ?

Spoiler

All is doomed ?

Edited by worik
8 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

wanted to ask where

You need this

Spoiler

create a Questioning Toolkit which contains several dozen kinds of questions and questioning tools. This Questioning Toolkit should be printed in large type on posters 

3 hours ago, Ashal said:

Quick heads up, I'm testing some new features in the downloads section. Currently this is only enabled in the Skryim LE and SE categories. And if it goes well and the feedback is good, I'll start enabling it on the other categories as well. Interested in whatever feedback people have on these additions.

Changes:

• For files you manage, File Actions has been moved to the top of the page instead of the bottom.
  • The Changelog has been moved from the bottom to a separate tab on the download page.

New Additions:

• Questions Tab: Users can ask a question on a file by clicking the Questions tab. Other users can then respond and answer those questions. This generates a sort of FAQ for the download.
  • Support Tab: Users can submit bug reports / support requests from the Support tab.
    • File owner can manage and flag the status of each.
    • This can be disabled by the file owner by going to File Actions > Edit Details > Disable Support
  • Tutorials Tab: From the files tab the file owner can create separate "pages" that are linked to for other users that can contain whatever information the author wishes to provide, such as tutorials, documentation, or whatever.

I appreciate the changes.

Not sure how useful this could be in reality but I'd love to see a "poll" section on the file page where the file owner can start a poll (timed or until the owner closes the poll manually).

Users who follow their content would obviously get a notification whenever the file owner starts a poll.

Don't know if this has been suggested before so I'm just throwing it out here.

4 hours ago, Ashal said:

Quick heads up, I'm testing some new features in the downloads section. Currently this is only enabled in the Skryim LE and SE categories. A

It's showing up for Fallout 4 too, the Changelog section has been moved to a tab.

Can we have the option to disable the Questions tab? I really, really don't want to constantly answer the same inane bullshit because people don't want to use the brains they were born with, or better yet, just use Google.