The toilet paper is all gone

There is no more toilet paper anywhere I can't find it except on rare occasions at some slimy gas station where the price is gouged HARD and even they have a small supply. Taking a shit is going to be one of the most dreaded things in life going forward.

Yep, people suck, many brought it to resell or ship overseas too, its 5x the normal price on E-Bay.
We held off for 3 weeks before our normal home stock ran out, but we found some in some supermarkets. Now food is a bigger problem, there is literally nothing on the shelves in some food isles and freezers in Australia's capital cities.

Same have happen here.
But toilet paper. At home you can use the shower after you have done the back part, not that hard, use one tovel. Most people have one laundry.

It is like the end of the world for some people, on one of the Tv channels they did talk to the VD of one of the biggest paper faktorys here and they have no problem to make toilet paper.

They also did have one stock of 4 month of toilet paper.

People need to stop hording.

38 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

If you ever have shut down a business and tried to reopen, you know damn well it doesn't happen overnight, to get your customer base back, employees, etc. You are looking at almost the same level as starting a brand new business, a long hard haul. Now, magnify that over all the companies shutting down for a month or two. There are people that think just because you resume operations everything goes back to normal, the economy isn't a light switch, you cannot arbitrarily shut it down and turn it back on whenever you feel like it, you are going to have to build that back up, and it may take years to get to the levels you were at right before you shut down. 

So much for trying to be optimistic. Anybody else read that now we're responsible for this? The blame game carries on.

4 hours ago, gregathit said:

Just when I think human beings have maxed out their potential for topping the stupid chart, they do something like panic buying of toilet paper.  WTF???????

I'd say buying buying too much milk to be able to put it all in a refrigerator and then expecting it to last six months while you binge watch every season of Keeping up with Kardasshians and Jersey Shore is a little higher on the Darwin Chart. Slightly.

2 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

But these people fail to realize is if they get infected with the virus, all that toilet paper won't help them in the slightest.

It'll make a nice stuffer and filler after the autopsy.

13 minutes ago, 27X said:

I'd say buying buying too much milk to be able to put it all in a refrigerator and then expecting it to last six months while you binge watch every season of Keeping up with Kardasshians and Jersey Shore is a little higher on the Darwin Chart. Slightly.

Believe it or not, milk will last 3-6 months in an industrial freezer and frozen eggs will last around a year.

So, people stockpiling this stuff are not necessarily completely mental. Although some of the might be...

What do you do if there is too much liquidity in the economy due to quantitative easing and how would you rectify that? Well you could just hike taxes. Not popular. So how about getting everybody to buy something they don't really need but doesn't have a massive amount of inherent value? And how would you do that?. Well....

3 hours ago, Tyrant99 said:

industrial freezer and frozen eggs

If I see someone I know whom hunts I might think that would be on the agenda, if you think storing half homogenized milk in a 2mil plastic container in a freezer bin is gonna last more than three weeks in a lowest bidder built oil country boom apartment complex I got news for you.

Sorry, could not help. got that one this morning. Toilet paper wars - wondering, there is yet no live show on this topic on TV - over here too, strange however: peeps focus on the cheapest brands in most of the supermarkets.  Guess when we see them rushing in the shops again.

8 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

If you ever have had to shut down a business and tried to reopen, you know damn well it doesn't happen overnight, to get your customer base back, employees, etc. You are looking at almost the same level as starting a brand new business, a long hard haul. Now, magnify that over all the companies shutting down for a month or two. There are people that think that just because you resume operations, everything goes back to normal. The economy isn't a light switch, you cannot arbitrarily shut it down and turn it back on whenever you feel like it. You are going to have to build that back up, and it may take years to get to the levels you were at right before you shut down. 

Amazon is loving this, as to those other companies who have worked on their web presence.    Some brick and mortar stores will suffer, but I suspect those are the ones that were already economically sick.  Restaurants (Dine in)  are the exception to this, of course,  as those never had much profit margin to begin with.    However, branding is not going away, so for those stores that manage to survive, they will pick up a surge once COVID-19 is understood.   Home contractors were like that, by 2011, most the middle quality or lower contractors were gone, so that by 2015, trying to get a home contractor in was tough to do. 

That said,  there will be cascading issues, such as the last wave of millennials will have to go through what those who graduated 2009-2014 had to deal with, with delaying the "start" of their independence.  

As others have mentioned, I fear the lawyers more than COVID-19.  I have heard stupid people on both sides claim they were "wronged" (Typical left argument "Gov't should have known that we are incapable of taking care of ourselves so they are responsible for my own failings", while the right argument is "It's all a plot to take away freedoms and they denied me <buy a gun, stay out all night, kill their neighbor, etc.>, so they are responsible for my own insecurities"