The toilet paper is all gone

I leave the country for one week only to come back to a live action production of Chicken Little over a repackaged flu. Should have stayed two weeks. Not that I think this nonsense will be over next week, but just to have one more week away from all the stupidity.

51 minutes ago, Tyrant99 said:

Some people are cleaning up on Ebay, making $1,000s of dollars on marked up pasta.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.07b99f6ad51f2a32c928144b249e3d55.png

image.png.a0fb0653deeada54c50bff86318bafea.png

image.png.85e9de6f724d7f4ce42fa1d8e011395e.png

Wow, I only I didn't have a conscious. I live in the land of grocery stores, so getting a stock pile of cheap pasta wouldn't be too tricky even with after all the hoarders have plundered them.

It's not actually about the virus at all, people have been seen in groups of 4-6 adults in minivans with trailers bulk buying. They use more adults because each can only buy 1-3 of some items. They are now grabbing everything that's not perishable, shampoo, cereal, rice, pasta, flour, sugar, toothpaste. It's a full on plan to resell them either overseas or here later if things get bad. There ar eplenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and deli meat.

17 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Toilet paper is made out of recycled paper.  They aren't 'cutting down the rain forest' for that.  Get a fucking grip.

If you self-righteous people are actually concerned about 'the planet' then stop using almond-based products and anything made with palm oil.  It takes 4 gallons of water to make ONE almond.  How many almonds in a quart of almond milk or a half pound of almond butter?  Palm oil...lumber companies cut down the rain forest and then replant with nothing but palm trees to satisfy the market demand for palm oil.  Consuming that shit makes you part of the problem.

Not really man. 

Toilet paper is generally made from new or "virgin" paper, using a combination of softwood and hardwood trees. Softwood trees such as Southern pines and Douglas firs have long fibers that wrap around each other; this gives paper strength. Hardwood trees like gum, maple and oak have shorter fibers that make a softer paper. Toilet paper is generally a combination of approximately 70% hardwood and 30% softwood.

Other materials used in manufacture include water, chemicals for breaking down the trees into usable fiber, and bleaches. Companies that make toilet paper from recycled products (usually grey /w low tear resistance) use oxygen, ozone, sodium hydroxide, or peroxide to whiten the paper. Virgin-paper manufacturers, however, often use chlorine-based bleaches (chlorine dioxide), which have been identified as a threat to the environment.

7 hours ago, Jazzman said:

Not really man. 

Toilet paper is generally made from new or "virgin" paper, using a combination of softwood and hardwood trees. Softwood trees such as Southern pines and Douglas firs have long fibers that wrap around each other; this gives paper strength. Hardwood trees like gum, maple and oak have shorter fibers that make a softer paper. Toilet paper is generally a combination of approximately 70% hardwood and 30% softwood.

Other materials used in manufacture include water, chemicals for breaking down the trees into usable fiber, and bleaches. Companies that make toilet paper from recycled products (usually grey /w low tear resistance) use oxygen, ozone, sodium hydroxide, or peroxide to whiten the paper. Virgin-paper manufacturers, however, often use chlorine-based bleaches (chlorine dioxide), which have been identified as a threat to the environment.

270,000 trees die every day for hygiene paper. :classic_wink:

https://greenya.de/gute-nachrichten/baeume-retten-statt-pflanzen-270-000-baeume-sterben-taeglich-fuer-hygienepapiere

https://www.baumfrei.de/nachhaltigkeit/kritik-toilettenpapier/

Extrapolated to all Germans, we are then three billion tons a year. Three billion tons of paper to clean the Ass. :classic_laugh:

i don't want to know how much paper the entire world population uses in a year.

Revenge is sweet, die the trees, then the Human dies and nobody can hide when the air (oxygen) disappears. :classic_tongue:

13 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

They're testing it on Hollywood movie stars and NBA players because...fuck I don't know why.  I guess all that sex with under-aged prostitutes make them high risk.

They interviewed two people in Washington State who had volunteered. They talked about how they were taking the risk for others because they had been so privileged in life. The Virtue Signal never stops.

3 hours ago, Daedric_Cat said:

They interviewed two people in Washington State who had volunteered. They talked about how they were taking the risk for others because they had been so privileged in life. The Virtue Signal never stops.

Unless they are in one of the high risk groups the worse that could happen is they will be stuck with a really nasty flu like disease for a couple of weeks to a month. In which case I'm going to guess their medical care will be provided for as part of the deal for volunteering. Its nice that they are stepping up, but definitely not martyrs.

They testing the vaccine in the midwest? Maybe I'll volunteer. I certainly have the immune system for it.

EDIT: I've heard the government talking about giving everyone a 1000$ stimulus. If true I wish I could decline that glorified loan and opt out of the inevitable tax hike they'll implement to make their money back, because I know they'll be milking more than a 1000$ out of me.

41 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

Unless they are in one of the high risk groups the worse that could happen is they will be stuck with a really nasty flu like disease for a couple of weeks to a month. In which case I'm going to guess their medical care will be provided for as part of the deal for volunteering. Its nice that they are stepping up, but definitely not martyrs.

They testing the vaccine in the midwest? Maybe I'll volunteer. I certainly have the immune system for it.

EDIT: I've heard the government talking about giving everyone a 1000$ stimulus. If true I wish I could decline that glorified loan and opt out of the inevitable tax hike they'll implement to make their money back, because I know they'll be milking more than a 1000$ out of me.

mte. They talked about their families and children. No one is going to sacrifice themselves if they have family.

Yep. Stimulus. To stimulate the economy again because people will just spend it away. It's not for helping people like they are claiming. Certainly taxable.

6 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

Мудрецы пытаются воспользоваться неблагоприятной ситуацией, такой как эта паника Коронавируса.  И дураки, которые влюбляются в панику.  Это только делает это хуже, чем это должно быть.

English:

Assholes trying to take advantage of an unfortunate situation, such as this Coronavirus panic.  And the fools, who fall for the panic.  It just makes it worse than it needs to be.

сносят с прилавков всё.

...Then you have the MSM saying that this will be over in a few months, when Australia is in the southern hemisphere and their seasons are flipped. They are going through it right now, and it is still increasing in number. This is the same situation across the globe. It is time to stop the politics in this situation, and focus on helping our fellow man (any gender). Every single one of us, has a right to live. 

On a more well intended side perhaps they are trying to throttle the panic. We've already seen masses people doing a lot of stupid shit that won't protect them and in many ways is just making the situation worse (Buying up all the toliet paper over a respiratory illness or thinking they are prepping by hoarding frozen meat despite the fact that if civilization collapses there will be no public electricity to power their freezer for examples).

On a more sinister side a run amok plague would be great for ratings. Its quite possible they really have become that evil, sadly.

If this is some desperate scheme to make Trump look bad they've lost their minds. The worse this gets the more likely he'll get re-elected. Five seconds of researching American history will show you that in times of crisis moderate voters overwhelmingly stick with the devil they know.

people are stupid, thats why theres no toi-paper now. its bcs they feel save and cared, like in the war times. if you had your paper, the world coulnd go down or it wont be sooo bad and its that last piece of normal life that keeps their brain from snapping away. we even had a situation now where a lady was in, lets say really bad mood, after the clerks told her she wasnt allowed to buy more paper then 2 packs at once. it was getting loud, she pushed the clerk and her partner just punched another one. thats how stupid people get with this panic behavior caused by the media, based on made up facts of stuff they dont know anything about and then sell out as true facts. no thats no conspiracy theory thing. germany has a law that every of the so called öffentlich rechtlichen rundfunkanstalten (roughly: public broadcasting companies) have to obey: the educational mission (bildungsauftrag) which should prevent fakenews (to put in trumpish words) and false and misleading news. they dont give a fridge about that law, telling ppl they got video material from syria, that got smuggled out on a SIM card. yes you read it right SIM card, that thing you need to make calls with your mobilephone. only to show a video vom iraq war times.. yeah ok.. and that kind of stupidity causes people to panic buy toiletpaper like it is worth its weight in gold. hell we even had to preorder toiletpaper in a city nearby to get just one pack. its a totally mess right now. order a meal and get a roll of paper with your order. they even steal sanitizer in special hospitals for children now, whats next? if the people would start thinking and informing, they would be at least smart enough to know that toiletpaper hast the nutritional properties of a cardbox if not even less. thats my 2 cents. sry if anyone gets this a another " i'm sick of this corona stuff" entry now. it even has good sides: anyone ever saw a clear sky the last years? well here's your chance. the air is cleaner and the nights a quiter so slepping in most cases is way better (no trains, no planes in my area i can enjoy sitting in my garden)

stay clean, stay safe. we all lift together

Worry and the extra stress it puts on the body weakens the immune system and just means you are more likely to do exactly what you are worried about- like getting sick for example. https://www.apa.org/research/action/immune Do you worry about getting into a wreck every time you drive somewhere? No, You don't because you realize you have to put that out of your mind since it is a distraction and everybody knows that distractions are what cause accidents in the first place.

2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Worry and the extra stress it puts on the body weakens the immune system and just means you are more likely to do exactly what you are worried about- like getting sick for example. https://www.apa.org/research/action/immune Do you worry about getting into a wreck every time you drive somewhere? No, You don't because you realize you have to put that out of your mind since it is a distraction and everybody knows that distractions are what cause accidents in the first place. Your worried about the car swerving next to you and completely miss the semi truck coming straight at you.

not only stress strains the human immune system, also too much hygiene.
we live in a time when everything has to be clinically clean and as a result, the human body cannot form antibodies!
in the past decades skin diseases and allergies have increased significantly, not to mention asthma and respiratory disease.
then only something like Corona needs to come and for viruses it is easy to infect a human.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4966430/

ger.

https://www.meine-gesundheit.de/krankheit/krankheiten/abwehrschwaeche

There should be a rule in all big box stores if you see some guys that look like gas station workers coming into the store MAKE THEM LEAVE!!!! I think most of the fleabay sellers are gas station owners and similar types from india and bangladesh and pakistan they love to pull shit like this anyway all the time. I'm sure they are not the only ones but still, keep them out of the stores it might help. Local gas station has lots of big box products blatantly on display only sold as individual items for huge markup for example typical box of junk food 12 items in the box they are sold as individual items for higher price than the whole box was sold at the big box store! This goes on every dam day there... Gas station still has four roll pack for $3.99 while big box store only hundreds of feet away has NONE in stock. With all the bullshit going on right now those fleabay sellers should be arrested they are only inspiring more of the same. I know I saw a report of a stolen truck full of tp this morning here it is! https://www.wect.com/2020/03/20/deputies-pull-over-stolen-trailer-full-toilet-paper-guildford-co/

People will not have confidence in the future soon enough if these idiots continue to close everything down and any gubermint checks mailed out will go immediately to the bills only so it won't stimulate a dam thing. Banks have no confidence in loaning anyone money and why should they? So they won't ever loan money to people that don't have money. Without confidence people will not buy non essential items and go back to supporting the retail industry and all the crappy hand bag companies etc. Confidence is key to everything if it can be controlled or manipulated we are all in trouble.

I already had some kind of flu or bug whatever it started four days ago and ended already I'm doing just fine and have no problems breathing and no crazy symptoms like people in the media talk about. I think the only place in the world that is really going to suffer is europe specifically spain and italy. The worst of this is focused there and will be for some time.

One thing that irritates me even more than hoarding a year's supply of toilet paper is the fact that you can't really compare how countries are doing right now.

There are so many unknowns, so many variables, all these numbers like the ones on this live map here are nearly meaningless.

Except for the dead, but even there you can only somewhat trust the western democracies. Maybe.

Fuck knows if it's really under control in China or if they just want to avoid civil unrest.

And 1 death in Russia? Sure.

It's really bad in Italy right now despite them having a pretty good health care system.

Too many old people are hit hard it seems, and all the 3 generation households don't help.

But maybe it's not even as bad there as it could be, the country was the first one affected in Europe and might be weeks ahead of the rest of us, so this is a warning what will inevitably come.

And maybe they don't do enough tests, so the number of infected might be 10 or 100 times as high so the death toll isn't as extreme as it seems.

And what's up with Germany? That number of deaths is ridiculously small. Do we count differently or just test much much more than the rest or what?

All these numbers are just noise right now, better just ignore them and expect the worst.

4 hours ago, Bazinga said:

And what's up with Germany? That number of deaths is ridiculously small. Do we count differently or just test much much more than the rest or what?

Hey why can't we be good at something? ?‍♂️

Even the PCR Virus test is made in Germany.

Also there is something called luck.

Wait until the wrong ppl here get hit ?

If I see those numbers I calculate them all x3 to get a feeling for the amount of ppl that didn't got tested yet but are already carriers.

Who ever fakes the numbers for china totally overdid it ?

I wonder how the effect on the USA will be.

If I understand it correct if you have no money you're fucked right?

UH OH! forgot something about toilet paper:

Just print it out if you need some =D

hersteller-cws-verbrauchsmaterial-papier-toilettenpapier-recycling-2063488.jpg.2cab30f04095c4052311f01724ad2ffa.jpg