The toilet paper is all gone

7 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Well, I got sick yesterday (I rarely do btw). Had an appointment this week I couldn't cancel and don't know if its this shit or not, I'm not going to bother getting tested either. Got no tissues and only 2 rolls of tp left. BUT......

Take care, dude. Hope you're all right.

1 minute ago, Alkpaz said:

but I'll be damned if I go to a hospital those places are definite breeding grounds for the virus. 

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I could just have the regular flu or something, panic and go to the hospital, then pick up the shit for real. I'll just stay isolated in my cave, thanks. :classic_smile:

3 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

I am the same way, I rarely get sick, but when I do, it is usually pretty heavy. I don't mingle with large groups of people, and I have managed to stay away from grocery stores so far. I haven't had health insurance, even when they tried to tax us for the lack of insurance, but I'll be damned if I go to a hospital those places are definite breeding grounds for the virus. 

Hopefully, it isn't that KHL, I know that if I get it, I'm as good as dead. (I'm a former smoker) 

Take care man. 

Hoping you are all right. Drinks tons of water, eat garlic, onions, take that vitamin C. Get a lot of rest.

7 minutes ago, Daedric_Cat said:

Hoping you are all right. Drinks tons of water, eat garlic, onions, take that vitamin C. Get a lot of rest.

Spoken like a mother. I hear my mom saying "take vitamin C" and "drink plenty of water" and "quit smoking damn it!" over and over again, lol.

1 minute ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Spoken like a mother. I hear my mom saying "take vitamin C" and "drink plenty of water" and "quit smoking damn it!" over and over again, lol.

LOL, seriously, she's right. But it's probably too stressful to kick it now.  Catch 22. I've seen people in the Navy go through that.

13 minutes ago, Daedric_Cat said:

seriously, she's right

She taught me something I'm going to try. When I was sick and feverish as a kid, she would wrap me in blankets to let the fever do it's work and "break" it that way. I would be well in no time after that. Funny thing is doctors are still on the fence about the risks involved doing this and err on the side of caution recommending to cool down instead. But, I've always found home remedies work and don't listen to doctors anyway. Think about it though, your body gets very hot when you exercise anyway and viruses are sensitive to heat. So does the body know what it's doing or not?

22 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

She taught me something I'm going to try. When I was sick and feverish as a kid, she would wrap me in blankets to let the fever do it's work and "break" it that way. I would be well in no time after that. Funny thing is doctors are still on the fence about the risks involved doing this and err on the side of caution recommending to cool down instead. But, I've always found home remedies work and don't listen to doctors anyway. Think about it though, your body gets very hot when you exercise anyway and viruses are sensitive to heat. So does the body know what it's doing or not?

Drink a lot of water if you do that. I've always noticed that when I wake up in middle of the night with the sheets soaked with sweat, my cold or flu is broken. Another thing is something I learned is from a Hispanic friend. There is some tea they drink if they think they are coming down with something, It's a laxative. Empties them out and gets rid of the bug. It's a tea made by Badia, but I don't know which one.

3 hours ago, Daedric_Cat said:

If the borders are closed they have a chance to survive. Corona is a traveller's disease.

you're right, Corona is a travel sickness, but what does that mean in the 21st century.
an infected person gets on a plane in China and in a few hours this person will be in America.
so arise Epidemics and Pandemics this in Global Dimensions!
you know when it all started, when human discovered other continents, at the time of Columbus.
and equal on his first trip to America, infected his sailors the Native American with a epidemic, many Native American died of it!

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/06/how-europeans-brought-sickness-new-world

ger.

https://www.swr.de/wissen/1000-antworten/kultur/1000-Antworten-Die-europaeischen-Eroberer-haben-toedliche-Seuchen-in-Amerika-eingeschleppt,1000-antworten-2298.html

4 minutes ago, winny257 said:

you're right, Corona is a travel sickness, but what does that mean in the 21st century.
an infected person gets on a plane in China and in a few hours this person will be in America.
so arise Epidemics and Pandemics this in Global Dimensions!
you know when it all started, when human discovered other continents, at the time of Columbus.
and equal on his first trip to America, infected his sailors the Native American with a epidemic, many Native American died of it!

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/06/how-europeans-brought-sickness-new-world

My mother curses Columbus every Columbus Day. Native Canadian on that side of the family.

24 minutes ago, Daedric_Cat said:

My mother curses Columbus every Columbus Day. Native Canadian on that side of the family.

another little example, if global warming continues to rise, then become themselves these boundaries postpone towards the north and then the shit is steaming!

malaria.gif

Malaria is only found on the southern continents, but when it gets warmer, then there is new living space for the Tsetse fly.

fliegen-tsetse-burkhardbauer-100~_v-gsea

3 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Body knows what is doing. Millions of years of evolution. Those bugs can't handle high temperature. It kills them or weakens them enough so your immune system can finish whats left.

But you must force yourself to drink extra water. Or dehydration will kill you.

There is a limit though. Past a certain temperature you do die. Past 40C its tricky, not good. Kids can handle 1 or 2 C extra, adults not so much.

Your mom was right. But I would not be surprised if your mom also checked your temp and would do something if it got to high. Above 40C is bad. Kills the bugs, but also kills you. I'd also bet she wanted that you drink lots of fluids.

Anyway, its science. Human body can handle a couple of C more then bugs. Its also science that we die if we get to hot.

Doctors know that. But they also know there are creatures named "lawyer". So they want to be on the super safe side.

1 hour ago, winny257 said:

another little example, if global warming continues to rise, then become themselves these boundaries postpone towards the north and then the shit is steaming!

Malaria is only found on the southern continents, but when it gets warmer, then there is new living space for the Tsetse fly.

I have to admit that I've been following the clearing up of pollution across the world from lock downs and hope that people can see and that it is presented with logic like crop rotation had been so many centuries ago that people realized they had to use that, instead of exhausting the earth. The likes of Greta and Al Gore just doesn't carry the credibility needed.

I'm tired of category 5 hurricanes every year because the oceans are too warm.

Clear water in the canals of Venice is amazing.

1 hour ago, Alkpaz said:

I will post these stories in spoilers because this is just scary crap: 

Reveal hidden contents

https://www.propublica.org/article/a-medical-worker-describes--terrifying-lung-failure-from-covid19-even-in-his-young-patients

"“It first struck me how different it was when I saw my first coronavirus patient go bad. I was like, Holy shit, this is not the flu. Watching this relatively young guy, gasping for air, pink frothy secretions coming out of his tube.”"

"Since last week, he’s been running ventilators for the sickest COVID-19 patients. Many are relatively young, in their 40s and 50s, and have minimal, if any, preexisting conditions in their charts. He is overwhelmed, stunned by the manifestation of the infection, both its speed and intensity. The ICU where he works has essentially become a coronavirus unit. He estimates that his hospital has admitted dozens of confirmed or presumptive coronavirus patients. About a third have ended up on ventilators."

“I have patients in their early 40s and, yeah, I was kind of shocked. I’m seeing people who look relatively healthy with a minimal health history, and they are completely wiped out, like they’ve been hit by a truck. This is knocking out what should be perfectly fit, healthy people. Patients will be on minimal support, on a little bit of oxygen, and then all of a sudden, they go into complete respiratory arrest, shut down and can’t breathe at all.”"

This is why Kendo was right about calling out people on twitter making jokes about this kind of human suffering targeting specific groups of people, while other groups are off limits. No one has the rights to play that kind of judge over this kind of suffering. No one has the right to arbitrarily say it's okay to target this group but not that gruop because "privilege," 

Dark humor and coping mechanisms, fine, just mind glass houses and the all too forgotten Golden Rule. If you want cruelty to end, it has to be done fairly across the board.

2 hours ago, Fotogen said:

Body knows what is doing. Millions of years of evolution. Those bugs can't handle high temperature. It kills them or weakens them enough so your immune system can finish whats left.

But you must force yourself to drink extra water. Or dehydration will kill you.

There is a limit though. Past a certain temperature you do die. Past 40C its tricky, not good. Kids can handle 1 or 2 C extra, adults not so much.

Your mom was right. But I would not be surprised if your mom also checked your temp and would do something if it got to high. Above 40C is bad. Kills the bugs, but also kills you. I'd also bet she wanted that you drink lots of fluids.

Anyway, its science. Human body can handle a couple of C more then bugs. Its also science that we die if we get to hot.

Doctors know that. But they also know there are creatures named "lawyer". So they want to be on the super safe side.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/let-it-burn-why-you-should-let-fevers-run-their-course

Did 20 minutes of rigorous exercise today, producing some light sweat and feel better already. I am keeping my room temp slightly high to boot. Think I just got a head cold, but could be effective against coronavirus as well. I never did buy into the lay down and hope you don't die treatment that hospitals seem to employ- doesn't seem natural. Some asshole staring at you as you get worse while thinking the painful, contorted faces you make are kinda neat. I've met my share of grossly incompetent doctors/nurses.

9 hours ago, 27X said:

As for the current system, 40% taxes lets said capitalists states do all the communist heresy they want, and to your last question no there is no way in hell that will ever happen in america because this is literally the land of Fuck You, Got Mine and has been since the Natives crossed the bridge, much less the religious bigots landing at plymouth rock.

Funnily enough the only people that landed here and shared and shared alike before they got bored and left were.... vikings.

Go figure.

The irony of the religious bigots landing at Plymouth Rock was because they were fleeing "oppression" in England.  Only to have a certain Roger Williams leave the colony to found the Rhode Island Colony.   And despite being a religious leader, he advocated separation of church and state not to mention he disapproved of the Puritans taking land from the Native Americans which led to his expulsion from the Massachusetts Bay Colony not to mention that he was accused of sedition and heresy.   And yet today we have religious kooks trying to destroy the separation between church and state.  And then there's Paula White...who just so happens to be Trump's "spiritual advisor"  It just so happens that Paula White is currently pushing "seed envelopes" asking for monetary contributions to help "protect yourselves from the coronavirus" 

The following are actual quotes from her:  "Maybe you'd like to sow a $91 seed, and that's just putting your faith with Psalm 91," White continued. "Or maybe $9. Or whatever God tells you to do. If you want to be a blessing to Paula White Ministry or City of Destiny. We would love for you to help us and stand with us. We'd love for you to stand with your church. Don't forget: Now is not the time to abandon your covenant with God. It's a time that you go deeper. Stand with your pastor."

Just...SMH.

5 minutes ago, winny257 said:

now i understand why people buy too much toilet paper.
not for the ass, nope for the nose, toilet paper is cheaper than handkerchiefs. :classic_laugh:

Oh man, people are crazy or stingy. :classic_wink:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0Pc8lG-rJV6gMeNcllS9

Reveal hidden contents

Actually, that's true. In Asia the people were buying the toilet paper to make masks out of it by sewing layers of and adding tie strings when they couldn't get the regular masks. The buying of toilet paper caught on even when people didn't know the original purpose. They just saw the pics of empty shelves and that triggered the wave of panic across the world.

54 minutes ago, Daedric_Cat said:

Actually, that's true. In Asia the people were buying the toilet paper to make masks out of it by sewing layers of and adding tie strings when they couldn't get the regular masks. The buying of toilet paper caught on even when people didn't know the original purpose. They just saw the pics of empty shelves and that triggered the wave of panic across the world.

The Robert Koch Institute advises against a face mask!
for a healthy person, this protection is almost useless. 
an infected person should wear a face mask so as not to endanger other people.

sorry german.

Corona virus: what a mouthguard brings

https://www1.wdr.de/nachrichten/coronavirus-atemschutzmasken-tipps-100.html

16 minutes ago, winny257 said:

The Robert Koch Institute advises against a face mask!
for a healthy person, this protection is almost useless. 
an infected person should wear a face mask so as not to endanger other people.

sorry german.

Corona virus: what a mouthguard brings

https://www1.wdr.de/nachrichten/coronavirus-atemschutzmasken-tipps-100.html

We use them at work. If there's some bug going around, they don't do squat. They are to keep what is called "bioburden" from contaminating the clean room. Same for surgeon and everyone in the surgery room. People don't bother researching. One would think that people would realize that the weave of the mask could never stop something so tiny like a virus.

57 minutes ago, Daedric_Cat said:

We use them at work. If there's some bug going around, they don't do squat. They are to keep what is called "bioburden" from contaminating the clean room. Same for surgeon and everyone in the surgery room. People don't bother researching. One would think that people would realize that the weave of the mask could never stop something so tiny like a virus.

I had over 20 years no flu disease and I'm not afraid of Corona either.
do you know why, I go every year for flu vaccination, free in Germany!
a small stitch in the arm and all worries are gone. :classic_wink:

59 minutes ago, Daedric_Cat said:

My favorite was watching glorious leader teddy ruxpinxinghua deliver a press conference about how China had beaten the virus singlehandedly in single combat with no ring outs while wearing one and making everyone else at the press conference wear one.