The R.I.P. Thread- Saying Goodbye to Whatever

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

How could they not see that coming? That thing allowed them to see things going on in other solar systems!

They did, it just was decided earlier that it will be retired. Looks like gravity got to demolishing first.

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2019 at 1:52 PM, dagobaking said:

The problem is that 95% of the people wearing them haven't cleared brush (or anything else necessitating work pants) in their entire lives. They are wearing a heavy, overly-done, fancified work pant to pick up Starbucks in. It's mass fashion insanity.

It's just like "SUV's".  The design is absolutely, positively, nothing more than a beefed up station wagon of 1980's fame.  It's on a truck chassis, with truck engine, too.  Last one I saw up close knowing what the person did was from a paper-pusher.  An accountant.  Driving around in her beefed up, souped up station wagon, thinking she's all fashionable and shit.

And the 'Sport'?  That part of the name just bleeds "I'm insecure, so I need to over-use resources to feel good about myself."

On the other side, you have my boss, whose actual short-wheelbase utility vehicle (no "sport" about it) is absolutely essential for moving stuff around in the close confines of the yard at work.  Oh, look, a vehicle that is regularly used for the sort of thing it was designed for.  What's that make up, .00000000001% of the population?

Oh, sorry, that should have been in the rant thread.

Anyway:

RIP old friendships when politics get involved; especially of late.  I've only once removed someone from my acquaintances list in all these years, and that because they pulled one of the idiotic "If you don't believe X, Y, or Z as I do, feel free to remove yourself from my contacts immediately" (over some stupid, over-hyped non-issue, years ago) moves.  So I did.  'If that's the way you feel, sir, no problem.  Have a nice life.'  The moron sent me a contact request about two weeks later.  No, dude, YOU were the one who didn't want ME as a contact, remember?  Dumbass.

Yesterday, I had an old high school acquaintance, whose views have always opposed mine on most political issues, make a clear, direct, personal attack on me over shit.  Nope.  I don't care how long I've known you.  Attack ideas all you want.  Attack actual actions all you want.  But you start telling people what THEY would or would not do in a particular situation when YOU are not THEM?  Nope! That's WAY past the line.  Goodbye and good luck, old friend.  Have a nice life.

R.I.P. the Sims and Spore

you two were great franchises and had a lot in common. though not entirely dead, they were kinda ruined by EA's compulsion to add microtrasnsactions and kinda bad management

R.I.P. Terraria

but at least it ended on a high note and the devs + community are real nice

R.I.P. the many good people who passed away early

all of you have done well. it's time to rest now and hopefully we don't screw up even harder

• 2 weeks later...